Ragefire Beta reward

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Serakan, May 14, 2015.

1. Teren_Kanan Elder

No, No I wouldn't at all. If there was no reward I wouldn't have even Downloaded the beta server. I know what it's going to be like. I would also not have logged into beta if I knew a 6 gold back was the reward.
    I didn't expect something awesome, but something worth logging into beta for maybe. Something they needed people to do to avoid problems on opening day. Something that I did not need to do at all.

Ah well.
  2. Korvalain Journeyman

I don't know if Ill get a bag, but i do know that any little bit helps. Killing spiders and sorps last night in droves, filled me up pretty quick. Thanks.
  3. Fhiele Augur

I am happy to have tested. I'd appreciate a nice reward, but that isn't why I tested.
    tzeriel likes this.
  4. vardune Augur

You get two bags, that's a good deal.
  5. Numiko Augur

you already got two bags when you log in ..which is 2 more then we got in 1999.... now we get 4 ..:)

Actually it sort of surprised me the classic purists have not demanded the removal of the two free backpacks we get now because they are overpowered and make the game trivial!
    Adrienna and tzeriel like this.
  6. Diemond Augur

Meh, I didn't get on beta for a reward anyway. But now that I know what it is, I went back to my old leveling plan, which just means no beta stones since they are in kunark only.
  7. 3nn10 Journeyman

might as well just give everyone 1 plat...
  8. Frenzic Augur

No-

As I said, I'd rather have a title such as "of the Ragefire beta" than useless bags that I can't show off.
  9. Diemond Augur

Just out of curiosity, how many of you wouldn't have been on beta if they had said no reward at all?
  10. Tulgin Augur

8 slot bag seems perfectly fine to me. It would be very annoying to everyone else that didn't know about the beta / couldn't play, for us to be getting an overpowered reward. I don't want it to be any titles, illusions, money etc (someone suggested 75plat, wtf?).

Let's face it, most people didn't test anything, they played specifically to farm beta stones to get a reward (ie, everyone posting in this thread whining). I lost count how many afk bards I saw playing AE dmg song in noob starting area.

Everyone should start out equal, a 6 gold backpack is fine. Keep it the same weight as the vendor version.
  11. Nolrog Augur

Roshen confirmed it's a bag in another thread (linked earlier I think.)
  12. Nolrog Augur

I would.
  13. Lekkric18 Elder

Probably almost as many as were on it anyway. For me, the problem isn't that I want to be rewarded for helping beta. I only logged in maybe a dozen hours anyway, if I don't qualify for beta reward I won't be heartbroken. The problem is they promise a reward for beta and give us a 6 gold bag.

There's an analogy above of getting friends to help you move. Amongst my friends at least, and I think it's pretty standard everywhere, if you say "Help me move, I'll buy lunch when we get hungry." you generally mean pizza and beer. If instead you give them a glass of water and a slice of buttered bread, they'll be pissed. These guys who would have gladly helped for nothing are upset not (only) because lunch sucks, but because you led them to believe there would be something more and pulled the rug out from under them.

Let me be clear here. I don't think anyone was expecting a 20 slot 100wr bag. But the exact bag you can buy for 6 gold is a kick in the teeth.
    Indrigoth likes this.
  14. Diemond Augur

I realize all that, I just asked cause if anyone said they wouldn't, then they shouldn't be beta testing to begin with.
  15. taliefer Augur

exactly this. its a perception thing. they didnt have to offer any reward at all, but they offered to do so, and then give something pretty underwhelming. they could have literally just added two slots to the bag and id have been like, nice! a 10 slot bag, not bad

ill still log on beta a bit over the weekend, see if anything needs testing, tool around etc.
  16. Numiko Augur

Aristo said right from the start they were thinking of backpacks:

But did leave the door open for other things to be included. Maybe we are jumping the gun thinking this will be the only reward handed out.
  17. Jamz Augur

I don't know, lets ask that guy who creates pointless polls on these forums to figure this out for us.
  18. Diemond Augur

Only pointless polls i've see were a couple weeks ago from DB. :)
    Indrigoth and Batbener like this.
  19. zer0h0ur0 New Member

Oh come on folks, it's a classic server. First character I every made was a human ranger and all I got was a rusty short sword, 5 bottles of milk, 5 muffins, a torch and a note to my guild master. Didn't know what gamma was so it took me about an hour to get down that tunnel into QHills. I was addicted for many years after that. Thanks for the bank box and pack DGB and I'll see everybody else in game.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  20. Snuffalot Journeyman

Better yet, only give the beta reward to people who actually reported bugs. Not the kids that feel entitled to freebies because the logged on to a beta server and contributed nothing.