Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Allayna, Jun 22, 2019.
They have that code for LoH, give it to all our targetable heals
If that's doable then I wonder why it hasn't been done already.
I like to think of they made that change that every priest class would be able to actually dps some during fights. Group / AOE heals for the people in your group and then HToT’s to keep the MT up. It would actually be a fun test to see how that would affect raiding (if it all)
It would reduce cascade tank failures because the heal would automatically go to the next person up, would make raids safer to an extent, and would make healing even lazier.
I keep seeing mentioned how holyforge hasn't been upgraded in years and i agree that a few percentage points would be nice but it is a 200% increase in chance to crit and 20% cripple. The point being there isn't really a lot of room to improve without it going into the overpowered realm. Perhaps an aa to reduce to reduce the reuse times of that and Pureforge would be awesome and maybe increase length>
1: Increase Chance to Critical Hit by 200%
2: Increase Chance to Crippling Blow by 20%
3: Increase Chance to Slay Undead by 1.4% with 1700% Base Damage
1: Increase Chance to Critical Hit by 290%
2: Increase Chance to Crippling Blow by 25%
3: Increase Chance to Triple Attack by 300%
1: Increase Chance to Critical Hit by 340%
2: Increase Chance to Crippling Blow by 40%
3: Increase Chance to Triple Attack by 50%
The point being they are both pretty awesome as they are for a burn rotation if you are not tanking and have that handy 2-hander out and at it >
Said it before and i'll say it again:
1. Make Splash PB'ae, too many times there are spots you can't land that free target.
2. Make Stance line an AA that scales like various other buffs classes have received. The same can be done for our group heal, Audacity Line. I feel those alone will be huge.
3. Been asking for years for a Group HoT spell.
There's some other things but if I get into that i'd be writing an essay. Seems like Dev's feel over the years we're an OP class and keep gutting the class if a skilled player can squeeze anything worth while out in the form of DPS or Aggro locking. Yet every other tank class can dwarf us most of the time in both categories.
Me, I think the biggest blow to us in years was the spell reinforcement nerf so for raid content at least we really need either another defensive disc or some aa's to significantly increase the duration.
I have not been able to play this summer but I am kinda of cringing at what I may be walking into this winter. From what I have been reading, Paladin may be a lot differant to play then what it was last spring.
Thanks you for strengthening my proposal to not fallback on Bursts for yet another reason.
Sorry, you cannot use Touch while tanking because it's 3x slower cast then Censure and Protective that are regularly interrupted.
You do realize that Slot 3 does not work after you earn your first rank of Slay Undead AA right? That is the where room for much improvement exists.
I prefer to leave a splash on the ground. Sometimes you want to tank a mob away from the raid and still splash.
Stance and preservation should be combined and counters removed from preservation. The same can be done to tylix skin and stance.
Valiant, brilliant, censure and admonish and you’ve locked your mob, and assured adequate healing for either the MT or yourself. AA could reduce cast time kind of like what they did for the refuge line. Even at instant you’d have global cooldowns.
I heard an interesting proposal from a guild mate that all spell gem classes should get 20 gems because almost all (if not all) melee/hybrids get 20 different disc timers and thus are not limited by anything other than how fast they can press a button / disc conflict.
It was an interesting thought, one unlikely to happen.
To other posts: I think one of the thoughts behind asking for an improved holyforge disc and for other classes as well, is that new players have a HUGE knowledge deficit. Knowing that you need a level 55 disc etc as a new player can get missed.
Paladins getting their reaver's bargain AA version should fill the mitigation case, call it Crusader's Bargain with same effects.
This AA is a very powerful mitigation tool. I don't know why devs didn't respect the mitigation parity tools between knights and didn't implement this AA for paladins.
That is patently untrue.
It was added to Holyforge back in 2004 for a reason, to work with Slay Undead and increase it. 1700% damage was the base increase value of the max slay we had working at the time. That value really should be upped to modern values, as any slays off of HF are limited to that damage increase.
But the % increase worked (it was bugged for 9 months back in 2005 or so, but was eventually fixed).
If you have some parses showing its not working, then by all means, show us.
Even found the original comment from Ashlanne about them fixing it, after me and Caladel posted parses from months of data showing the slay frequency reduction having happened:
Dec 10, 2004#1
I have news about Holyforge!! Holyforge was not working properly due to a change that was made to the Slay Undead AA.
Holyforge was not corrected to work with Slay Undead when this change was made. This issue has been corrected and will go live in the 12/15 update. Holyforge will now increase your chance to slay undead, and if you the Slay Undead AA you will have an even greater chance of a slay with Holyforge.
Sony Online Entertainment
Bare Foot and Flame Resistant since 2000
Halflings are not food. This advertisement is brought to you by the Committee for the Preservation of Halflings.
And we parsed it after and it was fixed, and never seen any indication it wasn't working.
Agree. And, I think it would address the issues i identified on page 1, namely one and two shot deaths in current group content, and practically full mana / endurance all the time. Resources should influence decisions.
If you are running full mana all the time, either you need to press more buttons, or tell me your secret!
Reroll something other than SK is the secret!
You run full mana on your pally all the time livvy?
Depends if you are in the same group as me, if so than I dump a lot into healing your sorry butt.
Sorry, my statement is true with a caveat. We all discussed Slay Undead and Holyforge last year and Riou hit the nail on the head. See:
ps: Nice seeing that old PoN discussion thread again. I remember it.
What we could use:
1) Uncouple timer 6 crush with the lesson stun line recast time. Give it a 12 second recast timer.
2) Make stuns (other than lesson line) and crushes instant cast.
3) Reduce cast time on our group heals to 1 second
4) Reduce cast time on protective devotion to 0.5 seconds
5) Reduce cast time on censure to 0.5 seconds
6) AA to reduce timer on pureforge to 10 minute reuse
7) New burst dps disc unlinked from pureforge, about 50% stronger, 20 minute recast, better synergy on it
8) A better resist adjustment (via aa or just on the spells themselves) on refute, censure lines, or just turn our audacious line into an AA
9) Wouldn't mind a second splash spell, identical and on same timer, but is a PBAE splash, sometimes there are geometry issues, but we do have to be able to target splash at a distance
10) Major increase to slay undead so it gets a more wow factor, I still like the idea of a mana recursion type deal where a slay has an X% chance to proc a mega slay as an additional attack, fun and dps part of that easily managed
11) Vanquish undead aa either needs to be near instant cast or needs to be WAY bigger
12) All our undead nukes need to be larger, and aa to reduce their cast time to 0.2 would be nice
13) Sanctify and purity spell lines need to be WAY faster casting, just on principle, can't recall memming them for a long time
14) Merciful fury line needs to do 10x the damage
15) Aurora needs cast time reduced to 1 second at least, 0.5 be better
16) Preservation needs cast time reduced to 1 second or less, if we're forced to keep it up all the time for aggro, shouldn't have to be constantly trying to channel the spell when tanking
17) Valiant upgrade now, not later
Separate names with a comma.