Increased Raid Boss Difficulty: Increased Reward?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mabbu-EQ, Jun 27, 2015.

1. AngorfLadroTholuxeP Augur

I'm sorry, but isn't this a bit hypoctitical? The main argument I see from you on the other thread seems to say, something along the lines of, "Please don't instance raids because I love how EQ used to be. I want the competition to remain, because I love the competition." So that's your stance, ok got it. So then why are you requesting additional loot? Why are people on this thread asking for a reitemization of Classic?!

This is how I see the circle jerk: When someone wants to defend a Classic mechanic that is in place, they say, oh you can't change this! It was X way in classic so it has to be X way now just because that's tradition! But then I see these same people asking for changes to the game, and when confronted with said argument, they pull out the "oh it's not REALLY classic, it's TLP."

These mobs were buffed because of power creep and you know it. As everyone else has already said, if you don't like the raid targets /loot, nobody is forcing you to kill them. I'm sure there will be a handful of guilds that would be happy to attempt and kill the harder versions, despite the fact that some of their loot might not be the best.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  2. Detheb Augur

Its a completely different argument though. I do not want raid mobs instanced, because I do enjoy the competition aspect on EverQuest. But everything still has a RvR. When you change half of that equation, why would you not change the other half?

Are we still going to kill these mobs? Yes, because unlike some people, just because I don't get my way doesn't mean im going to "Never re-sub because DBG is blah blah blah". I'm just pointing out that, if they're going to change the difficulty of an encounter, that has been in since the beginning of the game, that a lot of people have killed more times than they care to think about, then also adding an additional loot or changing the loot isn't that much of a stretch.
  3. AngorfLadroTholuxeP Augur

Like I said, RvR was adjusted for power creep, don't you understand Nag/Vox were never this easy during classic ? So since their "effective difficulty" was lowered, they make them harder so they don't die in a split second.

Why should you be able to say that increasing loot quality is an acceptable, but moving raids into instanced expeditions is not? You state your opinions as if they were factual and I'm just supposed to accept it because, "well hey that's what Detheb said so it must be true?"

Please, keep spewing your BS and spinning your PR here on the forums... it might help get the raids instanced quicker.
    Vaclav and Jaxarale01 like this.
  4. Gregolo Augur

Your spew isn't any better though :( -- It might help raids never get instanced!
  5. Jaxarale01 Augur

Its funny how more and more people are seeing how they spin..

First: "not a classic server its a time locked server" when this line fills their spin needs.
    Then: "Don't instance cause its not classic" comes out when it fills their spin needs.

Then they post things making fun of people asking for things to be more classic like changing mage pets/monk fists, by saying "wahhh muh nostalgia! !!"

Give us better loot cause you made the raids harder.... oh and forget the fact that every class is 2 to 10 times stronger than when these mobs came out...

It's the IRNMW syndrome as I have come to call it.
    (Im right no matter what)
    AngorfLadroTholuxeP likes this.
  6. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

1. Not all classic era raid targets were in EQ "since the beginning of the game".
    2. If you actually raided in 99 you would know that the raid targets were re-tuned multiple times to make them more difficult, this was mostly seen on Naggy and Vox.
    3. The Risk v Reward was changed for these encounters because the DBG dev's decided to treat the symptoms of the power increase that has happened since EQ launched. Given that they never decreased the rewards when the damage output of classes / raids increased massively, they should not now increase the rewards.

It would have been better for the game to cure the problem of increased power prior to TLP 3.0 launching, rather than trying to treat the symptoms of one aspect of the game, however that was ruled out due to potential issues with live, so DBG once again belatedly reacted to events.
  7. Vlerg Augur

if they increase the reward of vox-naggy... they'll to do re-itemize everything in the later expansion aswell... too much trouble. especially since they can't do it with spreadsheet like modern items.

and before you even ask for item, we have to see how strong the new version are... if they merely doubled the HP, they are still going to be meaningless loot pinatas.
  8. Finwen Augur

I think that's what they want based on the posts.
  9. AngorfLadroTholuxeP Augur

I make an active effort to avoid sh1tposts.

And don't worry, I'm not holding my breath waiting around for raid instancing. I'll just disappear if they don't implement it in some form though, at least until GoD/LDoN. It's not whining or complaining, it's just fact, this part is not up for debate.

As to your first point, well I'd say that it's a matter of opinion. And, objectively, an opinion is neither "right" nor "wrong." Since I have consistently kept the same opinion without being a hypocrite, I'd say my "spew" is "better"; but hey, you're entitled to your own opinion.

Here is an example of my subjective opinion:
    When I say that I think it would be better competition, (as far as PvE progression goes,) if we could see how many guilds would beat 'x' number of expansions while still in-era via use of instanced expeditions, that is my opinion. If guilds that wanted to could take that stab without worrying about interference from others, I'd bet you'd see a big change in attitudes on the server.

Here is an example of objective fact:
    Right now, [you] are asking for a change to be done to the game. You have said quite recently, in regards to this very same topic of increased boss difficulty, and I quote, that "instanced raiding isn't in the spirit of Everquest trilogy."

To which I will now reply with a subjective opinion: I don't think increasing rewards on raid targets would be in the spirit of the original EverQuest trilogy. Sorry man, I just don't think it's in the spirit of the original game.

Regardless of how many people agree or disagree with my opinion, even if every single person in the whole world agreed with me, that does not make my statement any more factual.

In ado, I leave you all with this gem of a (mostly objective) blog post from four years ago:
    https://tagn.wordpress.com/2011/09/...us-why-instancing-started-in-the-first-place/

Cheers!
  10. Vaclav Augur

Ok, getting alts on was an important detail that had been skipped over here.

But c-blocking like you were otherwise talking about is one of the definitions of disrespect though. Think about it in the RL context and it should be quite clear. (And I'm sure you've seen the results of such disrespect more than most of us in your line of work...)
  11. Protocol Dragon Defender

We've flat out given other guilds clean uncontested shots on multiple raid mobs on Lockjaw, but we still destroy rotting sky key pieces. It's literally raid progression, do it yourself, earn something.

It would be like if a guild came up to you and said "We were going to ask for a shot at Nagafen, but we can't kill him so can you just kill him and let us have the loot?" not a chance.
    Detheb and SBC0 like this.
  12. SBC0 Elder

I think you are missing the point slightly- And if the loot is so crappy for classic, why are the permacamped?
  13. SBC0 Elder

Then deal with the drops given....
  14. SBC0 Elder

Stand-up, just entitled....
  15. SBC0 Elder

If done correctly, Vox and Naggy can be done with 5-6 mage pets, chain summoning with maybe a cleric for CH...
  16. SBC0 Elder

What would be proven as too much? A couple wipes? If these guilds are as skillful and amazing as they let on, let them try it until they succeed- No scaling back..
  17. Flandersian Augur

You're talking to Mabbu, here. The guy who perma-camps old raid targets on other servers just to stall progression guilds because they got tired of his and booted him.
    Finwen likes this.
  18. Pikallo Augur

The difference here though is that due to changes in player power(mainly mages), the encounters are so trivial that the current reward already far exceeds the risk/difficulty. So they are not so much as changing that equation, but more like bringing it in line to where it should be.

Buy hey, good luck with this request! I'm sure DBG has it filed in their same bin with a bunch of other ridiculous pipe dreams that get proposed on these forums on a daily basis.
  19. Rauven Augur

ORLY:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...actually-want-classic-eq.223908/#post-3269622
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ges-coming-in-july.223880/page-5#post-3268592
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/an-idea-for-raid-mobs.223847/#post-3267570
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ixing-raid-content.223832/page-3#post-3267040
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ear-classic-in-era.223804/page-2#post-3267027
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/dead-horse-again.223773/#post-3265986

And there's a few older than that, but you all get the point. So no I'm not being egotistical, there's the proof. Want to prove me wrong? Show me someone else's suggestion that wasn't in reply to one of mine. But even if you found 'one' you probably will find they haven't been as vocal as me if it even exists.

So yes, I am taking credit for the raid bosses being adjusted.

Meh... like all MMOs, people whine, and then devs finally cave. I agree.. but we know what will happen don't we? :D
  20. Tarrin Augur

Part of me hopes this is all in jest. A very strong part of me. The other part of me has been around long enough to think you are probably dead serious.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.