Increased Raid Boss Difficulty: Increased Reward?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mabbu-EQ, Jun 27, 2015.

1. AngorfLadroTholuxeP Augur

As soon as I clicked on the first post he linked as his "proof for credit" and saw that it was dated after Aristo noticed the changes, I stopped reading. Bad troll is bad.
  2. Vaclav Augur

We're talking about spirocs - not exactly a challenging case - it would be more equivalent camping someone out to destroy a groundspawn for VP key every time it spawned if they weren't planning to logon boxes. Sure you can do it, but it's a move if there's someone there that clearly was capable (which if they're at spirocs you know they are - unless I'm forgetting order - spirocs are after bees, no?) then you're only destroying stuff to spite them and make them wait 8 hrs.

No one is talking about the loot pieces off of them, just rotting garbage that does nothing but slow another guilds progression.

Hell man, even as cutthroat as we were in Cypher we didn't pull that nonsense.
  3. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Spirocs are the island immediately before Bees. They should just make the mobs in sky respawn even faster.
  4. Korillo Augur

Why would you key another raid? If they wanted the keys they would kill the mobs.
  5. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

I agree with your statement, but in sky it is very easy to c block other guilds, the keys are limited, c blocking people at spirocs is very easy to do given the limited number of key bearers compared to other islands.
  6. Vaclav Augur

Ah whoops - never mind then - it's drakes I'm thinking of I guess. Blocking people on easy parts just because is lame, but I can understand it somewhat when they've not yet proven themselves on the hardest part.

When the key and loot are on the same mob - and both raids are capable, racing for the loot (and first dibs on the keys) makes sense, but racing for keys to just destroy them is lame. It's not a particularly hard concept.
  7. Korillo Augur

Seems to me they set up a zone with the main boss being at the top. I would like to kill that boss, so it would be in my interest to prevent others from killing it.
  8. Vaclav Augur

Something might be in your interest but still be disrespectful, not saying what is of greatest benefit - I was answering the fact that lurking to loot rot was "disrespectful" when realistically both sides are. (i.e. people that would set bots to keep the VP key piece in SoNH destroyed eternally was clearly looked at as disrespectful)

It's certainly beneficial for a guild to do so - but that's not the same as being respectful.
  9. Protocol Dragon Defender

If a guild sends one cleric and one necro up to Sky to follow raids around and grab rotting keys they could then on subsequent nights summon up an entire raid to farm EoV without ever having defeated the earlier more challenging Sky encounters.
  10. Korillo Augur

I don't see it as disrespectful, so I guess we will just have to agree to disagree there. I feel like if they want the keys, they should have to kill the mobs.
  11. Vaclav Augur

And when you (in the process of getting loot you want) actively block them from "proving their way", that's not disrespectful? Seriously, answer my VP key example.

Rotting keys (unless they're a true gatekeeper, I could see some exception made there - but generally people don't farm those) should be treated no different than other rotting loot if you're being respectful.
  12. Vanic Elder

I'd put my money on an island 4 trash mob with the splits over any god or dragon currently in game. To me it's not a proper comparison because you can buy keys to island 3 I believe.
  13. Korillo Augur

I don't recall the process to get the VP key tbh, it's been a very, very long time. I would agree your example sounds like people are doing it just to block others. In terms of sky, there is actual loot to be had from killing the mobs on each island (quest pieces, actual loot, etc), so everyone has a reason to be killing these. They aren't doing it just to block others. However, if one guild kills them and has keys rotting, deleting them makes sense, as they killed the mob and don't want to help other guilds they are competing with out.
  14. Protocol Dragon Defender

The whole zone is raid progression, it's very different from VP keys where everything is solo/group content except for one raid mob. Also, talking about content blocking in Sky is almost laughable, the respawn is 4-8 hours for most of the islands. You'd burn your whole guild out trying to lock others out intentionally.
  15. Vaclav Augur

Part of why the blocking is so ludicrous to me, you're literally saying nothing but "Screw you guys, sit here for 8 hrs" by deleting keys that would otherwise rot.

At least like VP with Trak it's at least an actual blockade.
  16. Protocol Dragon Defender

No, I'm literally saying "Defeat this mob and earn the key yourself".
  17. Vaclav Augur

Sorry, I should've said effectively... poor phrasing.
  18. Flandersian Augur

Bees are the single toughest encounter in classic. People should earn that badge*.

*Note: Badge depicts 20 water pets beating an injured and prone Bixie to a bloody pulp.
  19. Gregolo Augur

Would be a cool badge considering 20 water pets can't kill bees :p

(You're only allowed air pets in sky)
    Flandersian likes this.
  20. Vaclav Augur

And Dougs!