Increased Raid Boss Difficulty: Increased Reward?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mabbu-EQ, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Mabbu-EQ Elder

Just curious if the raid bosses will start dropping one additional loot, better loot, coin, gems or something along those lines to make sure the risk vs reward for raiding these mobs stays the same.

If a guild needs to bring more players to defeat them now, that's more mouths to feed!

Thanks
  2. Greymere Augur

If the increase was just to keep up with out of era damage increases to characters why would they want to increase # of drops?
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  3. Mabbu-EQ Elder

Most of these bosses drop terrible, terrible loots in classic. But they are so easy for 30 people that it doesn't warrant much more. But if raids are going to take like 40+ to handle at max level they should also increase the quality of the reward.
  4. Numiko Augur

Yea! have Vox drop a guaranteed Hammer of Divine Grace everytime! :p
  5. Kellaer Augur

Nah.
    Nenake likes this.
  6. Porygon Augur

It's worth a shot! Doesn't hurt to try and get more loots!
  7. Tarrin Augur

The loot they drop is so terrible, they are killed within minutes (if that) of spawning?

Not buying it.

If suddenly people aren't killing them the moment they spawn while classic is in era, THEN we can talk about raising the reward part of RvR. I am comfortable saying this because I am confident this won't happen.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  8. Alexanders Augur

Sometimes I can't tell if your serious or just trying to troll people lol. We will have to wait and see what the changes are. Raid mobs need at the very least a buff to combat the stronger players. Loot from raid bosses is pretty bad when you consider classic had groups sometimes well over 40 to defeat them. It was very common for people to show up at raids for hours on end and get nothing at all as gems were often kept to help finance raids/cleric and shaman buffs etc. Maybe coin loot was split maybe it wasn't just depended on the guild and their policy.

I know I went to many raids of Hate and Fear on my druid where I was there for hours and literally walked away with nothing. Raid mobs should not drop more or better loot. They will technically be dropping more since they will be spawning more frequently after the changes so I guess technically they will be dropping additional loots that way.
    Rhiyannon and Nenake like this.
  9. Roxxanna Augur

My possible responses to this run the gamut from actually agreeing to laughing my butt off, and I can't decide.

1 Absolutely, risk vs reward.
    2 Stop crying and whining about not enough loot. (I lost count how many times I was told to quit whining)
    3 Terrible loots are better than no loots. (I'm lvl 30 with zero loots/magic items)
    4 Please feel fee to acquire more loot through gameplay.
    5 Please feel free to buy more loot with Krono. (Like the rest of us)
    6 Cause hey.......competition is it's own reward.
    7 How many Krono do you have? And you want MORE loot?
    8 Are you F'ng kidding me?
    9 I've raided dozens of times with zero chance of reward, suck it up.
    10 I think your just trolling here.
    SBC0, Rhiyannon, Crystilla and 3 others like this.
  10. Kellaer Augur

Yeah, I loved that line. "These drops are terrible!" *kills them every time they spawn*

Who are you trying to fool?
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  11. Baldur Augur

I also love how he says they take 30 people now, when they can easily be done with 18. I would be surprised if the new versions take more than 30.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  12. Liquid Augur

Please message me in game about meeting and giving me a CoF and GoFM. I'll be happy to take these two crappy items.
    Mauriac, SBC0 and Rhiyannon like this.
  13. Multra New Member

No. You wanted to be in a zerg guild? Deal with the fallout of getting 1 piece every 2 months.
    Mauriac, SBC0 and Rhiyannon like this.
  14. Hateseeker Augur

First, wait and see if these difficulty increases actually do anything. For all we know, it might only stop pet zerging. If the difficulty increases are not complex/powerful enough, it might only take adding a warrior and a cleric or two to supplement the pets.

Secondly, while increasing the reward along with the risk might make sense, consider total risk, not merely risk to a specific raid-size in a non-competitive situation...i.e., if it's hard for 50, consider who has the roster to throw 72 people at it, and the fact that if anyone competes with them, they'll have to throw their own 72 at it. Is it really an increase in risk?

Lastly, wouldn't more powerful loot in Classic, regardless of reason, obsolete Kunark before it even comes out? Devil's advocate on this point: Kunark raid mobs might also have to be bumped up a bit or given methods to defeat pet zergs too; so if that's going to happen, why not increase the Classic raid loot power? Or let them drop Kunark loot in the same way the Hate revamp can drop Velious loot.
    Computertrucker likes this.
  15. Porygon Augur

Mabbu had always been a stand up guy anytime I had to deal with him whether on fippy or rfire
  16. Oakenn Tigerspirit Augur

Hate to tell you but even if they take 72 players the RVR is well worth it. They drop epic components don't need to drop anything else to make them worth killing.
  17. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

If we are basing risk v reward based on classic era compared to TLP 3.0 era raid performance, the updated bosses would need to have their loot decreased not increased...
    SBC0 and Rhiyannon like this.
  18. Bufonidae Elder

This post made me giggle.

I want better than the best loot available because the mobs aren't gonna be trivial any more.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  19. Ishbu Augur

You do realize top guilds in MMOs kill top targets right?

If it is current content, regardless of needing or wanting any of the drops, they are going to kill the high end bosses. That is literally how its been forever.
  20. Kellaer Augur

In fact, I do realize that, because I'm in one - not on Ragefire. But not once have we asked "why aren't we getting better loot from this?"