Raid Changes coming in July

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aristo, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Eskey Journeyman

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever read... and sadly enough completely what I expected.

It does nothing to alleviate all of the drama currently occurring at level 50. All it does is allow more places for that drama to occur.

Without the GM Police and the Play Nice Policy the Open World EQ Style raids is nothing but chaos, hatred and gimmicks. It's a horrible experience that has NOTHING in common with the spirit of everquest.

I understand the desire to preserve the "open world experience" but all you have done is kill this server for 4/5ths of the population who are ultimately casual gamers.

I hope everyone screaming against instancing enjoys your ghost town server now that you retain the freedom to destroy it.
  2. Kellaer Augur

Big guilds are just going to recruit even bigger, and nothing will change. Raid targets are going to be dominated by the same entity as they were prior to this. All this means is more recruiting, more boxed characters.

[IMG]

I'm glad you're being proactive, Daybreak, but this is not the way to do it. Unless your enhancement of raid targets has made them script heavy so that they're impossible to zerg, ~nothing has changed~.
  3. Aneuren Tempered Steel

You know, I do want to thank you guys for at least listening and proposing a change. I get that the developer team thinks that their vision for this game is more important than ours and to be honest everybody here should understand that as well - I'm sure as a developer you wind up getting incredibly attached to the things that you do. It's the same for me in my job and I'm sure many others as well. Just please understand that the problem that many of the people are having with raiding here is that they have to force themselves to be subject to grief-style tactics in order to experience raid content in this progression server that you guys admittedly made for us to experience. These changes don't really help with that, we still have to subject ourselves to toxic tactics. If there was still a heavy GM presence on these servers and pnp/engagement rules that would be a different matter but you've set all of our servers now to resolve disputes with minimal in-game GM support. If that is how things are going to remain, the most generous thing you could do for your customers is to listen to us and give us instanced raid zones. If you feel that your own views on this topic should be more important than ours so be it, but I figured I would give this one more legitimate post before I give up bothering to give DB any feedback anymore, since it's really just completely useless.
  4. Weverley Augur

I expect more people coming to Lockjaw but i also think there's a lot of people who don't care about killing raid bosses on both servers.For them having more instance of each zones is good.
  5. Rhoulicas Augur

On second thought, I do like that they have reduced the spawn time of mobs in fear and hate. Well I know I will probably not have a chance for an epic until maybe PoP is released, I do have hopes of getting some of the planar gear in PoH and PoF. So it's at least something. I refuse to pay for a , sell a krono or pay for loot rights. This is all noninstancing raid mobs creates. It's a silly belief, Aristo.
  6. AlmarsGuides Augur

This one?

I feel as if daybeak could not possibly be stupid enough to leave a base zone cap on a raid targeted zone. They also have an entire month to fix that if they were stupid enough to overlook that cap (they aren't. They can't be. No one is that dumb, right?)

Also increased variance or spawn and increased frequency means we may, at least once a week, see two bosses at once and TL will have to choose. Instead of them always getting all of them.

All guilds need to learn is engage the dragon asap, it takes boxers much longer to login and get ready than 1 person. I'm told TL only won the vox race because of a boxer. Well, now we know don't give them time for that boxer to login.

Also I'm not dumb on this subject, ignorant would be a better word, but people are just not seeing the full picture, how great of an overall change this is.
  7. Mory Batbard New Member

In the Golf world there was a thing called Tiger-Proofing a course.. Making it harder for everyone to win on that course by moving the hole around, or changes to the fairway in hopes to make it harder for Tiger to win... Guess who ended up winning on those those golf courses? Tiger.

So, I am to assume, making the raid mobs harder will make it hard for a total zerg force of 100-130 people ? Then what of the legitimate 32-54 people waiting to raid these targets who ARE mobilized, on time, ready for the raid, and geared to take some damage and get the kill?

I honestly don't see this helping at all.

How about a McKenzie type NPC quest mob at the gate who will give us a raid mission with a lock out? I didn't even have to do much thinking on that one.. But if I did do a little more thinking on that. perhaps make the drops no-trade so it doesn't harm the economy?
    Brurus likes this.
  8. Mardy Augur

A step in the right direction, +1 for pickzone instances for these exp/loot zones.

Unfortunately as long as you avoid instancing or raid lockouts, you are effectively preventing a large portion of the playing population from seeing these raid bosses. So you've really made this even more hardcore raider friendly, and more casual/family guilds unfriendly. For that, -1.

We're back at square one, although it's nice to see pickzone instances for solb, perma, the hole, and kedge keep. Just this doesn't fix the raid issues at all.
  9. Vaclav Augur

Honestly, I'm in the middle of grouping w/ me pulling and tanking so this is going to be brief - but my asssessment:

1) Instancing base zones - Good barring the "pop cap" issue if it wasn't addressed. (That will be horrid if so, already covered by others)
    2) Raid bossed don't spawn - fine, was expected and needed. Hopefully this was done with KC/Chardok/Seb/etc in mind and will be expanded to those zones with Kunark. Since Kunark w/o such would've been broken.
    3) Quicker spawns with more variance - HORRIBLE BAD BAD BAD - was already encouraged as is, unknown shorter timers with higher variance will only encourage it more. THIS IS SOMETHING NO ONE WANTS. Hardcore hate this, casuals hate this, probably some monkeys in the Congo hate this - it's a really, really bad idea.
    4) Harder spawns - Very cool, hopefully includes Immunity to HT and some sort of anti-pet/monk coding (i.e. ignores pets for tanking purposes and reduced damage from pet and hand-to-hand damage - rest should be roughly in sync I think though)
    5) Hate/Fear - Sounds good.

So overall lots of really good changes - four out of five sound really good solid changes. However that said... #3 is horrible, horrible, horrible - I'd highly suggest reconsidering #3.
  10. guado Augur

It's already been said this is not a Classic server. You could easily make raids dynamic zones, all of the events. TL would still get the same amount of loot since they would undoubtedly split raids to get multiple clears per lockout (so to speak) leaving the rest of the regular guilds able to actually raid... that sounds like a better solution. I appreciate the effort, but as others have said
    Jadefox, Marek-EQ and Rhoulicas like this.
  11. Captainblood Lorekeeper

It's what happens when you try to please both sides whom are unwilling to compromise. You get a half- result that pleases neither side. The forums are so polarized, it's nearly impossible to ensure everyone is happy. I don't blame the devs for f_cking this one up. We did it to ourselves. Free transfers might be the only way to save this.
    Marek-EQ likes this.
  12. Vaclav Augur

I'm hoping not as well, wasn't referencing that part.

TL has enough of a force to field two targets at once - they explicitly tried to recruit a force large enough to do such. It was part of their initial planning. (Part of why they had over 100 between that Fear/Naggy drama a couple days ago)
  13. AlmarsGuides Augur

We are definitely going to see the No pet Plane of War code in.

If they don't fix the extra hate that code generates for mages too.... we're gonna see mages straight up not even using pets on the bosses
  14. Ceffener Augur

If harder means going from 6 mages to 12 mages....or 6 SHD, that is just a fail.

If we are going to argue for "competition" by socking, at the very least make it so guilds wipe.
  15. Mashef Augur

The forums aren't really polarized. It's about 5 people on TL posting on multiple accounts praising the Dev team. And then it's the other 5,595 paying members who disagree. I wouldn't call that polarizing.
  16. MaestroM Augur

There actually was a pretty great compromise.

In a 6 month expansion, instance the 2nd 3 months or instance expansion back.

Pretty much everyone was at least okay with that.
    Osangar and Ceffener like this.
  17. AlmarsGuides Augur

No clue about that drama, I heard they ported out of phinny though when Nagafen spawned a week or so ago, which made 0 sense to me when they could have had both.

I can't see them winning multiple targets though, against RoI even with 100+ people. Out of the 180 or so they have on their roster 150 are going to realize they aren't cared about and will never get any gear.

They're gonna bail to a guild that will care.

All that it takes is 1 guild to beat out TL once or twice for people to start jumping ship and trust me, their best most valuable player is a boxer who is a normal human just like the rest of us who takes 15minutes to get online when his batphone rings and will take 30+ minutes to change locations of his entire box army from a distance like Naggy/Fear.

I still feel that if you can't get your guild to a location as quickly as someone who boxes 18+ it just wasn't your day to down that raid boss.
    SBC0, Gknight and arwilly like this.
  18. Rauven Augur

[IMG]

I've been asking for this since the server launched.. This is amazing.
    Fallfyres and Kellaer like this.
  19. ngs1 Augur

Didn't you say you cancelled your sub already? Why are you still here?
    Steampunk and Gknight like this.
  20. Ceffener Augur

They would say everything you just said is a lie.