Increased Raid Boss Difficulty: Increased Reward?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mabbu-EQ, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Roxxanna Augur

Boredom
  2. Vaclav Augur

Zerg = Bringing more than needed by an overwhelming amount.

For content that requires less than 30, yea, it would be.
    Barton likes this.
  3. Owndar Elder

Freaking filthy casuals always wanting more charity loot to just fall into their laps. Go back to WoW newb.
    Finwen, frankie78227 and Rhiyannon like this.
  4. a rusted heart New Member

I can get behind this. Are you an iksar though? That's the only way I would agree.
  5. Ishbu Augur

That has nothing to do with what you posted that i quoted and you are now replying to you. You were commenting on the OP saying most of the loot is garbage but yet they kill the targets anyways, to which I replied that is what top end guilds do.

Asking about better loot isnt actually part of your statement or my reply at all.
  6. Detheb Augur

I mean, it only makes sense. You're not getting standard Crushbone loot in Hardcore Heritage zone. When you do a "Hardmode" raid in SoD+, you get better loot for killing it. Increasing the difficulty of a raid mobs mean that the mob should drop better loot. Atleast, thats been the trend with EverQuest since "Hardmode" stuff was put in.

But you guys don't care about logic, you care about "I dont get my loots, so why should you get better loots". Also, yes, every raid boss in classic has terrible loots with MAYBE 2-3 decent items that can spawn.
  7. Detheb Augur

err that can drop* Stupid firefox and no edit.
  8. Rauven Augur

The content isn't hard enough for the loot that it drops. Seriously, taking down a tank and spank mob should NOT yield a 10 AC 36% haste item.

It'd be like the SoD version of Crushbone having level 10-20 mobs in it but dropping the heritage loot. That's what needs to change.

This isn't 1999. Our spells do more damage, we have more HP, we have more AC, our melee attacks hit more for more, and we have access to spells and abilities we didn't have before. Its frankly easier. We need the challenge that goes with the worth of the rewards we get.

I personally think they should nerf the loot that dropped to be less than they are now, then let the new content drop the full powered items. If you're a top end player you should have no issue getting the gear. Don't worry about it.
  9. Detheb Augur

You're trolling right? Because you can't be serious lol.
  10. Rauven Augur

I'm dead serious, question is.. are you? Why did you make this thread? Are you worried about getting loot for you our back gearing peeps and it suddenly not getting as easy as it is now?

If you're able to put out, why would you be worried about content getting a little harder? You should be sure of your position.
  11. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

12. Banuvan Augur

This is assuming that the mobs still won't be pushovers. I don't see DBG going to any extremes here and making it actually take a coordinated 72 man raid to bring these targets down.
  13. Detheb Augur

Try harder.

I didn't make this thread, i just offered the opinion that if they're going to make mobs more difficult that have been the same difficulty for 16 years(GUess what, they were this easy to kill on Fippy/Vulak aswell, and never needed changing), then there should be either A. An Extra item,or B, the items on it being upgraded.

They've changed the Risk in the RvR equation, why wouldn't they change the Reward? We're still going to do them, it doesn't matter. But increasing difficulty at this point to appease non-raiders, should mean that those killing the mobs(WHichever guild) should see a benefit from it.
  14. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

Those changes were not made to appease non-raiders. They're made so that all raiders get more shots at raid targets because of population. The benefit is that we get to kill those mobs more often.
  15. Detheb Augur

So, benefiting the non-raiders that have not been able to produce kills with the same chances that every guild has had?
  16. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

I'm not sure what you're referring to as a non-raider? RoE-RoI-Apok and Rosenguard are all raiders in my mind. Because you "beat them" or won the "competition" you're so adamant about keeping doesnt mean they're non-raiders.

edit:Added Rosenguard to the list
  17. Banuvan Augur

You really going to bring this up again? Need we go back to the pictures of a 72 man raid with 9 SK's to kill the mob in 9 seconds to prevent another guild from getting it? Really? If you are like this IRL you are are in need of serious help.

Maybe we should bring up the TL box crews that kill EoV for no reason. Maybe we should bring up the box crews that kill vox within minutes of the server coming up. Cmon Bro. Nobody believes you/frenzic/gregolo anymore. We have all seen the garbage that you guys spew on here and how it completely contradicts what happens in game. Just stop for everybodies sake.
  18. Gregolo Augur

I still think harder mobs should drop more loot. Period!

Shaman loot
    Maybe only usable by Gregolo
  19. Gregolo Augur

Do me a favor and never type "to prevent another guild from getting it" ever again.

I guarantee your posts will look a lot less stupid. You're confusing product with byproduct. If we kill a mob we want, you not getting it is just a byproduct of losing.
  20. Detheb Augur

So your point is that, because we bring the tools needed to win a dps race, that the Developer's have clearly backed, and another guild doesn't, we're the bad people? That makes a TON of sense