Agnar Server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kolamer, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Kattahn Elder

You vastly underestimate how fast casual players can chew through this content...
  2. vanvittig New Member

i dont understand the rush thingi? we all know the server will lock at pop/Ldon why rush it. for once try and enjoy?
  3. Kattahn Elder

For one, you have to rush through everything up through pop. You only get 3 months of each expansion. For two, its not even rushing. With the current power level of players, regardless of gear, you're going to 1-shot the vast majority of bosses. At a very casual pace you're going to clear things very, very fast.
  4. AgentofChange Augur

Surprisingly enough some people like playing more than an hour a week, and when they do play they like to kill things. It's a crazy concept for you to grasp I'm sure, but there's all kinds of players out there.
  5. Renshu Augur

Release Agnarr. One year later release Agnarr 2.0. One year later, merge Agnarr with Agnarr 2.0, release Agnarr 3.0. Repeat until the money flow stops.
  6. Wayylon Augur

This is the server people have been asking for since day 1.

If you think the population will drop once it locks at PoP, you don't understand why people enjoy classic Everquest. TLP population drops happen because people don't want to leave their preferred content.... ever. They want to stay in one golden era forever, play with friends, roll alts. They want to be able to take a break, or play other games, and be able to come back to a stable server with a still relevant toon.

I'll come back for this one. It doesn't even matter if PoP was unlocked from day 1.
  7. Mashef Augur

I understand why the hardcore players are disappointed..this is the ultimate casual server. Guilds can manage progression on their own. There is no rush to hurry up the day new content drops since its going to be permanently locked in PoP/LDoN/LoY.

The only disappointment for me is the inability to run 2 instances of EQ on one machine. Not sure why they can't get off this true box and allow 2 boxing. The greatest problem of EQ ever since creation is the inability to replace natural occurring attrition. RF/LJ exp levels is much more fair but eventually you still have a leveling problem. Running two versions of the game on one PC really alleviates those concerns as 3 people can effectively run a group of 6.

Not to mention the sheer amount of increased subs they would have...
    Wayylon likes this.
  8. Nuther Augur

I'll be back and I will be a Cleric again. I hate raids, but I am excited that I can acquire LDON gear at my own pace.

Can't decide between Dwarf or High Elf.
  9. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

In classic, Dwarf is a superior option. Wisdom gear is easy to come by as a cleric. What is not as easy to come by is str and stam gear. Dwarves have a very high starting str and stam. It will help you more in the long run than the higher starting wisdom high elves offer.
  10. Runes Augur

The only real rush will be sleeper right as that event cannot be instanced?
  11. Wayylon Augur

Will there still be an instanced version of Sleepers Tomb after someone awakens Kerafym?

One of the reasons I quit P99 was some Dbag woke the Sleeper as soon as his guild started getting competition from a 2 guild alliance in NToV and then they managed a Warder kill with 13 (all the keys they had at the time). Dbag guild then woke the Sleeper thus ruining an entire raid zone on an already content starved server.
  12. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

I assume they will do much the same as they did on Phinny, once the sleeper is awoken, then you get the Luclin version of ST with the Ancients instead of the warders and Ancient Prismatic weapons instead of Primal weapons (which they are EXACTLY the same except for their name.) You also lose out on some big items, like SoD and Gnome mask and Shroud of Longevity
  13. Wayylon Augur

Ah ok, so the only real loss is the Fungi robe/Dwarf mask, but a new haste one drops instead. Along with better items over all in my opinion.
  14. AgentofChange Augur

Pretty good chance that somebody awakens the sleeper relatively early
  15. Nuther Augur

Well, I have a 60 HE Cleric on Phinny. I love Felwithe for a starting zone, everything is so close. But am interested in Dwarf this time for the str, like you say.
  16. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

I leveled a dwarf cleric to 60 on Ragefire before Phinny launched and I can tell you, it helps out a LOT at lower levels when armor is super heavy and also the extra stam allowed me to survive things that a high elf probably would not have at lower levels (i.e. face tanking multiple mobs in various groups) not to mention the barrel roll, which, in my book is the ONLY reason you need to make a Dwarf ANYTHING. :)
  17. Vykk Lorekeeper

This is the best assumption, but if I were planning to play on Agnar I'd ask the devs to lock the Sleeper script to some point in the expansion like halfway.

They've already done the work of creating 3 versions of the zone:
    1. Warders with Sleeper script enabled (Phinigel Open World)
    2. Warders with Sleeper script disabled (Phinigel instance)
    3. Ancients (Phinigel both)
    All the devs would have to do is have the open world version of ST be the Sleeper Disabled version for 6 weeks then switch to the enabled version.

I don't plan on playing there but if someone does this is my advice for what they'd want to hassle the devs about and see if it's as simple as I'm speculating.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

A handful, maybe.
  19. frankie78227 Augur

They really should find a way to offer both versions of the ST zone. Maybe a flag on character accounts that participated in awakening the Sleeper. At least then everyone would be able to experience both pre/post ST.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

So for anyone lurking that could use some clarification on this:
    • Krono give you 30 days of All Access.
    • Krono are available account-wide.
    Here's how to use krono without spending real money:
    1. Subscribe for free to play (not All-Access).
    2. With your FTP subscription, log into a character on live, and spend a Krono. Use a low-level character or even create a new character. That way you don't have half your bags moved to the merchant.
    3. Go back to the Web site and cancel your subscription. This seems counterintuitive but it prevents you from being charged if you forget to spend another krono in 30 days.
    4. Log into your TLP account and you're all set.
    5. Spend a krono every 30 days to maintain the account. If you forget and miss the subscription period, just repeat steps 1-3.