Agnar Server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kolamer, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Trizek Augur

A bit upset its called Agnarr.

Why not Grummus? Hes generally the first target you kill in PoP. Everyone loves him, he even eats himself! ... Agnarr? Pffffffttt.

Opportunity lost.
    Prathun likes this.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

I predict it will be the lowest population at launch of any of the recent (Ragefire/Lockjaw/Phinny) servers. What a terrible idea.
  3. taliefer Augur

it feels closer to a single between the 3rd basemen and shortstop than a homerun, for sure.
  4. ZappedBoys Lorekeeper

Definitely not what I would have picked and I was looking forward to redoing classic.

I just hope it has a good population(I really don't see it having a lasting one for sure, unsure on how many will reroll there).
  5. taliefer Augur

honestly this feels like it should have been another event on the quarm server. start the server at PoP, lock it there for 3 to 6 months, add rewards for completing the content, then open a new server that stays locked at ldon permanently to move all the existing characters to
  6. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

I would like to see a race server where the next xpac unlocks as soon as the last is beaten to see how fast all content could be beat. Though encouraging people to binge play is probably a bad idea
  7. nagash101 Augur

still has plat, so no? Plat = Krono and Krono = plat but Krono also = 30 days game time.
  8. nagash101 Augur

quit and play something else.
  9. Tudadar Augur

I like the locked idea. I always thought most people that start a new progression quit before or at the 1 year mark. I know I do. I also always believed EQ should have a new progression server every 1-2 years. What % of the start population of fippy/vulak actually care about it 5-6 years later? Prolly like 0.05% lol. Instead of servers turning into a ghost town people will know exactly what timeframe they can play from the start.

In the sense that this will get them ready for a huge progression server next year I think its really good. By that time a lot of the phinny players will have quit and be ready for some fun.
  10. Kahna Augur

Phinny is over a year old and still has most of it's population. Phinny peeps will be going into GoD, and future expansions, all decked out in high end raid gear from the previous expansions. Rather than having only a single guild equipped in raid gear. Making the new content more accessable, completable, and enjoyable. Nostalgia got Phinny this far, but people are still happy and excited about moving forward. No reason to think the population will crash just because you can't stick with something for more than a year.

Most of the Phinny folks I have chatted with are more excited about GoD and beyond than they were about classic. They want to move forward, and see things they haven't experienced before. I think Phinny will surprise you.
  11. Tudadar Augur

There have been plenty of people that have quit phinny. I definately would not say Phinny has most of its day1 players. New people have joined because there is nothing else/newer in the meantime, and lots of people raid highend, but plenty of day 1 accounts are gone. Also a lot of RF/LJ players have moved to the newest best thing or felt abandoned and moved over to the server devs care most about when there was no merge.

I guess we'll see where phinny is a year from now to see how successful it is after GoD when it has to deal with competing progression servers. Everything is nice when there is no competition and your on everyones preferred server, but things get interesting when people have options.
  12. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Good discussion in here. I have opinions about the upcoming server too. But most of them involve

[IMG]
  13. nagash101 Augur

No way Rage and Lock are about empty.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

Sorry, let me rephrase. I predict the lowest day one population as compared to the day one population of Ragefire, Lockjaw, or Phinny. Rephrase again: It'll flop.
  15. Tudadar Augur

It might be true but the circumstances were crazy and EQ might never have that day 1 population again.
    People waited 5 years then everyone rushed in with plenty of boxes to RF making a que. By the time LJ launched lots of people were so fed up of RF or scared of guild competition that they made chars on LJ too lol. The 5 year wait will never happen again, even boxing server might never happen again. I dont think LJ start population was too crazy on day 1 though. Most people realized that 2nd servers always die and knew what happened to vulak. It works both ways though. I expect TONS of people that dont care about agnaar to make a character there on day 1 to farm pp/kronos. Its going to be easier for most people to farm krono there then on live servers or RF/LJ/phin
  16. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

Been in Pop for a little over a month and im already bored of it. Can't picture playing on a server permanently locked in it.
  17. Mashef Augur

If they allowed 2 boxing instead of true boxing then this would be a smash hit of a server. Can finally make alts and enjoy them without fear of ever being too far behind. The problem that kills all other TLP's is they fail to adjust exp rates making it next to impossible to make new toons and level up. I actually am one of the few that love GoD but I can do that on Phinny for one more round and be happy with a server I can just peacefully level up...but I think the truebox status needs to be given consideration to upping to 2 box status or there could be problems with server life span.
  18. Kaneras Augur

I'm not sure who Agnar will appeal to. It's basically Phinigel with much faster leveling. Then after a year or so Planes will lock. I guess they are testing the players will to stay on a locked server and create alts?

The key to Phinigel is the high challenge of leveling and strong population/grouping. If the Phinny unlocks happened a little slower (especially the Luclin unlock) the server would be near perfect.

One thing I will say. Putting some content and achievements the old zones is a great idea. The original game has needed a "freshening" for so long. I have not done the new Overthere/FV quests yet but they look awesome, like mini epics.
  19. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I think one of Phinigel's bigger draws was the raid instancing for all meaningful content. I don't know if the large semi-casual crowd that got used to being able to schedule their Naggy/Trakanon/Vulak instances every saturday will want to go back to racing at 11am.
  20. jeskola pheerie

KOLAMER!