Agnar Server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kolamer, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Astley Augur

Krono = 30 day All-Access time added to account when you click it.

I pay for additional accounts with Krono, not with subscriptions. You clearly don't understand the way Krono works enough to be commenting on it.

Krono will never be made No Trade. It's ENTIRE purpose is to be game time you can acquire from other players. Someone else buys the krono, and trades it to another player. Krono cost more than a monthly subscription, so if you couldn't trade them, there would be no point to ever buy one instead of keep your account subscribed for cheaper.

Their entire reason for existing is to allow players to use their actions in game, like farming for items or platinum, to barter with another player in exchange for the ability to get game-time without purchasing it yourself.
  2. Hirbow Augur

I love all those Phinningel players that think they are playing on a hard-core server.. Phinny is a joke of a casual server. Oh I raid M-W-F at 1930 and if I can't make it I just buy all my loot with Kronos. Welcome to Everquest 2016/2017. All servers are casual, either you have infinite instances that eventually everyone will be equally geared or you have a self-boxed guild of your own. Adapt or more on, it is what it is
  3. Astley Augur

Sleeper's Tomb is an instance capable zone.

When all 4 warders are killed on Live, the drops will change in the instances as well.

But, there is really nothing to the 'event'. It doesn't earn you anything special, other than removing certain items from the game forever, and getting you death-touched by Kerafyrm.

The only real 'event' would be if another server decided to unite like Zek did years ago, and bring in multiple guilds to try and kill the Sleeper.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

Thank you, EQ Elitist. Your comments have opened my eyes.
    Sumonerr_Tunare and frankie78227 like this.
  5. RiplyAnklebiter Lorekeeper

So whats the deal with instancing, I quit playing EQ when Omens came out and am really thinking about giving the new server a shot...P1999 is driving me nutts. Anyway, what all is instanced, in say Kunark, Velious and Luclin? I mean there is a big difference between having ToV in Velious instanced and something like Guk, and huge differences when it comes to the amount of loot up for auction.
  6. Protocol Dragon Defender

Anything you'd call a raid mob. In Kunark that's all the world dragons, VS, Trak and VP. In Velious it's a ton of including ToV/Kael /Sleeper's Tomb etc.
  7. RiplyAnklebiter Lorekeeper

So instancing is not based on zone, its done by mob? Or is it every zone that has a raid mob is instanced?.....does that mean people are no longer going to grind exp/faction with pickup groups in Kael during velious because its instanced?
  8. Kahna Augur

Yes, ev
    Yes, every zone with a raid mob is instanced, but they don't respawn so are mostly useless for exp.

Not that I saw a ton of pugs faction grinding. Most folks just killed nest dragons for kael faction with a guild group. Couple of runs and you were good to go.
  9. Zansobar Augur

I'll let someone else explain the raid instancing but in short it is zone instancing but it is triggered and locked to the raid leader and who he lets in instance. The other instancing is for normal zones once the player count gets over a certain number a second instance is formed that you can /pick and move in and out with a certain timer. That means you can load balance the player base relative to the mobs.
  10. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

I would just like to thank DBG for listening to the PvP server community's feedback and acting on it.

To all you losers who said a PvP progression server would never happen: Who's laughing now?
  11. eqzekisdead Augur

I have 50 krono saved up and ready to use for my mage army on the pvp tlp.
  12. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

Sam, is that you?
  13. Coach_Kegadin Augur

Only 50? Casual...
  14. Kimberly New Member

This guy. Very much looking forward to planting roots on this server. Well done DBG, now SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
    vanvittig likes this.
  15. Razzle Augur

I like they added LDoN, that is the only xpac I like after PoP.
  16. Brunlin Augur

I can speak p99:

Basically you wont have a uber guild controlling the raid content. Your guild can raid a raid boss with out waiting in line or having players put on a batphone. World spawns still apply though.
  17. Razzle Augur

I will give you a hint what there is to do and the purpose of this server is because it seems some people just dont get it.

http://www.zurdula.com/469836/topic/guild-charter-2rt
    Rhodz likes this.
  18. Anyelle New Member

I love this idea for a server. I played from kunark up until PoP on live. Loved these years so much. I will definitely be coming back after this long hiatus.
    Razzle likes this.
  19. Rhodz Augur

Ditto I just wish it opened at LDoN.

BTW great idea on the guild, this "nothing to do" attitude with five expansions available is just lazy thinking.
  20. Razzle Augur

Good. There is a larger market for this type of server than a lot of people think. I have been waiting for a server like this for many years. Sure some people don't like this type of server, and but some people don't like live servers either. I don't like the live servers. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes.