Agnar Server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kolamer, Mar 16, 2017.

1. v01d Journeyman

As you're well aware, krono is used from other servers (Live) to manipulate the economies on all the TLP servers. If krono were made no-trade, then ALL it would be would be 30 days game time, on a server where you MUST have a subscription. (uh... what, that makes no sense!)

To clarify: krono has no value as a 30 day game time 'currency' on servers where you a required to have an all-access subscription anyway. You can't play on TLP servers without an all-access subscription.

You can't add to your game time on TLP servers with krono, because you have to have a subscription! They're there purely as a means of economic manipulation from the Live servers. Take that away, and I'll switch servers tomorrow. Leave it as is, there's no point in switching. I'll just stay on Phinny, with everyone else, and the krono cancer.
  2. Zansobar Augur

Agnar will have instanced raiding too.
  3. Kahna Augur

Um. What? I use Krono to pay for my TLP account. You don't have to have a subscription, you just have to have game time. Kronos count for that.
  4. Brunnt ForceTrauma Lorekeeper

No boxing - screw that.
  5. Dysfunction New Member

I sub'd again as a result of this. Really excited. Exp rate on Phinny was terrible and most people that I played with originally bailed out around Velious or Luclin when they started trying to level alts in earnest. This sounds perfect. Thanks DBG!
  6. Kolamer Journeyman

That's right brother, I'm here and I am coming back for Agnarr!
  7. Gorgol the Ogre Elder

No thanks. Happy to be and stay here on Phinigel. ^_^
  8. Communist Puppy Augur

Id assume a large number of accounts on phinny rightnow wouldnt be active if you had to use RL money opposed to krono. Pretty sure krono is what make the servers successful, not the otherway around.
  9. nagash101 Augur

personally i was looking forward to another TLP server but faster exp, lock at PoP and no FV loot rules is a deal breaker. still riding my one year sub but i am all done with EQ. its sad they almost hit the mark but missed. locked at LDoN is bad idea, needs to have been OoW at least. With Phinigel Exp and 16 to 20 week u lock and FV loot rules.
  10. nagash101 Augur

i agree, kronos make eq go round.
  11. Deadshade Augur

The answer should be obvious, shouldn't it ?
    It will appeal to the thousands of people who do NOT play right now.
    You know, those people who caused login queues on RF during the first weeks and who have already left long ago .
    Actually those people don't read this forum and don't post either so that it may give a superficial illusion that they don't exist but DB who has the data knows better .

This DB decision actually proves that a massive majority of players doesn't like the post PoP EQ and leaves at or before PoP .
    So what is then a sound business decision ?
    Well give them what they want and it doesn't matter that it is locked at PoP because the majority will leave anyway .
    Just make the maths . Suppose 18 months life duration . 5 000 new players with no Kronos .
    You are looking at 18x5000x15 = 1.35 million $ ! Add some Krono sales .
    Why should DB spit on 1 million of new revenue ?
    It doesn't matter the least bit that the server will become a ghost town a few months after PoP because it will have fulfilled its role .

Be very sure that all those actually playing on RF or Phinny and who are 95 % of the posters on the forum are NOT the target of this new server so they are really irrelevant .
    Personally I like this idea and indeed I will be subscribing again .
    Yes, again, because I am part of the crowd that only likes the first EQ expansions and always leaves latest at PoP and generally before (this time I left in Luclin) .
  12. RangerDave Lorekeeper

Definitely! Can't wait for this one.
  13. AgentofChange Augur

Making the server doesn't prove that's what a massive majority wants. The proof will be when PoP is 4 months in, 8 months in, 2 years in and they still have a sustainable population. Agnarr will be a direct copy of phinny with slightly better xp rates until they hit 6+ months of PoP. We can already see Phinny was wildly successful, so it's safe to say Agnarr will be quite successful as well, as it will pull a lot of people who started late on Phinny.

I just don't think that many will stay locked in PoP. PoP is fun but for only so long. A server with a dead end will likely end up dead. Especially with DBGs past history of opening a new TLP every year.

You'll also see if people don't actually like post PoP expansions on Phinny in the near future, as they will hit Gates in a few months and then omens shortly after. We'll see if their population stays strong, or dwindles as you suggest it will.
  14. RangerDave Lorekeeper

Exactly. The racers and hardcore folks really will get bored with this server quickly, so they'll either not join it at all or join it for a while then move on, whereas the rest of us truly casual players will putter along for years before we max out PoP-era content.
  15. Minato Augur

for everyone saying this new server will simply die out in a few months look at p99... its still going strong.

i have never been into tlp servers but i can honestly say im excited about this one on my off raid nights on my normal server just wish it didnt take them this long to get this done
  16. Tudadar Augur

Im sure the EQ team had numbers from the last several progression servers to let them believe this server will be successful and wont hurt their new server launch for next year. Lots of people like to say they know exactly when people quit expansion wise but the EQ team actually knows the truth.

We'll see if people can resist day 1 ^_^
  17. Pantharo Journeyman

yaaaaa, on my secondary account, i pay for my time with Krono.... works just fine for TLP... try again
  18. AgentofChange Augur

True but p99 doesn't have other easily available options. They also don't allow boxing - at all, have very slow xp rates, no instancing... Basically it's relatively difficult, or should I say far more time consuming to max yourself out. On a server like Agnarr this will not be an issue. It is also likely that by the time PoP hits on Agnarr, another TLP will be opening up. With Krono, players can jump server to server without much of a consequence.

I don't think Agnarr will die quickly, but I think a year or 2 into PoP will sink it yes. But that is literally years from today so it's not like it will be a waste. People will enjoy their time on that server, no doubt about it.
  19. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I dunno I think this is a logical choice for a server.

Phinigel was easily their most successful server model. Still there are about 20 active raid guilds doing current content in PoP. To the people who will leave after PoP (not a huge number, but some), this server will be an option. Also this server will be an option for the people who missed out on the early expansions here, or who don't want to start from so far behind on Phinigel.

It will allow Phinigel to stay mostly whole, only really advertising to the individuals who would've been leaving Phinigel anyways because of the expansion content being released that they aren't a fan of.

Retain most of the population from your most popular server, AND pick up new people who feel the later expansions aren't for them, they are too far behind or they don't want to continue with Phinigel... seems like a good choice of a server for them.

I am a bit surprised they haven't done FV ruleset though. From a money standpoint, it would create a huge market for Kronos. I personally think it's dumb to buy Kronos with the intent of sinking them all into some temporary pixel you will replace in a few months on a TLP but to each their own. A lot of people will do it and it surely will generate a decent amount of income for Daybreak I would think.

Sure the server has an expiration date about 1.5-2 years out with fast exp, modern combat tables, instancing, and all the other benefits TLPs have over classic PoP. But all TLP servers eventually die off. Fippy I'm sure is like 1 guild now with 9, 6-boxers.
  20. vanvittig New Member

why are you complaning over a server that will give us 2 years of fun and enjoyment ? if u guys dont like the rules or idea of the server stay on live/phinny/RF ? let us casual enjoy classic to pop.
    this server will be awesome for the folks who played hardcore back in the days and now are casual because of work and kids.
    Sithil likes this.