Agnar Server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kolamer, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Kolamer Journeyman

Who else is super excited about a POP locked server?!? I am so going to be there.

And Ragefire, not Phinny, exp rate. They finally did something right!
    Wayylon and Kanuvan like this.
  2. Goolug New Member

Lame AF.
    Ankarv likes this.
  3. Darallan Elder

Well they really missed the mark with this one.
  4. Astley Augur

Ehhh... I mean, it'll be nice for people who don't like any content beyond LDoN...

I also don't see any mention of instancing of raid content, which will probably be better for the server, since it will mean it takes longer for people to get max-geared.

But I won't be leaving Phinigel for it.
  5. Norfen New Member

Sounds to me more like they realise not many are going to leave Phinny so they came up with a server to yield maximum profit over a small timeframe (i.e. 12 week unlocks = PoP in a year). Yes it will cater to some people, but I wouldn't say they are finally doing something right from a customer perspective.
  6. Galleyan Augur

Ummm... no instancing.... really? o_O
    PathToEternity likes this.
  7. Trevalon Augur

Well, I was interested in the server, I really like that the EXP rate is higher than Phinny, but then they go and say its gonna be LDON locked? I know alot of people don't like servers past PoP. I know that almost every TLP has seen massive drops in population after PoP (No matter what Machen says). But a locked server? I don't know if thats the way to go. There is no coincidence that this server is launching near the end of Phinny's PoP. This is their way of saying to all those people who only like EQ through PoP "Hey, we know Phinny has now moved on past what you enjoy, so heres another server for you to play what you like!". It makes sense. My biggest worry is any locked server is just going to stagnate pretty badly, especially if its not F2P.

The only reason Al'Kabor lasted so long was cause the content was never really beat till much much later in its life. The fact that nothing was ever nerfed meant that for years Rathe Council and time was never beat and so people always had a goal. To make a server that is PoP locked but everyone can beat the content with no real challenge will just get boring.
  8. Astley Augur

If there were instancing, the server would really die out once everyone is farming Plane of Time and getting their Best-in-slot gear.
  9. Gnog Elder

This seems like pretty great news for Phinigel. Even if I were just starting again today, I would roll Phinigel instead of this new TLP.
  10. Tinytinker Augur

Did they say what the rules will be on Agnar? Will there be boxing, maps enabled, no naked corpse runs, voting to unlock up to POP?
  11. Mwapo Augur

It says auto unlock. I don't think their voting system even works properly, so they probably won't ever use it again.
  12. Norfen New Member

Maybe they are finally doing something right then, that something being retaining the population on Phinny =D
  13. Symbius Augur

Pretty lame concept for a server. Basically just guaranteeing the server dies after a few months of being locked, instead of the off-chance that it will continue progressing.
  14. Galleyan Augur

They just said on the livestream that instancing is actually in.
  15. Renshu Augur

edit - disregard, its going to have instancing
  16. beefeater_dp Journeyman

Agnarr:

• Agnarr is a time-locked progression server that will start at the base game and eventually lock at Lost Dungeons of Norrath… permanently
    • We will refer to this server informally as "PoP-locked" even though it will eventually include Legacy of Ykesha and Lost Dungeons of Norrath
    • Expansions automatically unlock 12-weeks per expansion
    • Experience rates will be the same as Ragefire and Lockjaw
    • True Box server rules apply (one account per machine)
    • We will have a limited store that will start with lower-tier consumables (potions & buffs), appearances, and bags – and some mounts will unlock with Luclin, but marketplace offerings will not be too powerful for each expansion's era
    It was mentioned on chat during the live stream that there WILL be instancing and load balancing on Agnarr.
  17. FluttyMan Elder

as long as it's one box per machine I can only see it will be a succes and lots of fun =)
    Brunlin likes this.
  18. Darallan Elder

What did they stream on?
  19. Mowens Elder

Good for people who miss Al`kabor, which was locked in PoP but did not have LDoN/LoY...either way, I think it will be good for the game, but we will see!
  20. Mowens Elder

They are still streaming on facebook live.