Agnar Server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kolamer, Mar 16, 2017.

1. slayersaysdie Journeyman

Can only speak for myself - I'm really excited for this. PoP/LDoN was my absolute favorite time in EQ. If there was one thing that DBG could to get money out of me again it's this.

Also a RoV and/or SO locked TLE server in EQ2 would have gotten money out of me as well.
  2. Arakash Journeyman

Even though I like the idea of the Angmar server, (I mean who doesn't want a server named after a Nazgul kingdom) I'm not going to leave Phinegal for it. The first few months will be horrible on Angmar. They always are for new servers on EQ; always have been and always will be. And once the Sleeper is awakened for the 50th time people will get bored and come back to Phinegal, which will never drop below medium in population anyway. So it goes. Even the butt hurt exp. whiners will be back on Phinegal within a year. (Btw did I use the semi-colon correctly?)

I do think from an accountants perspective what DBG is doing with the the Nazgul server is a good idea but they should also copy the Phinny server (exp. rate and everything else) with a 6 month expansion unlock instead of a 12 week. Why not copy a successful server instead of copying the dead and dying live servers and Ragefire etc.?
  3. Rhodz Augur

Prob because they know how many told them to stuff it over the PH xp surprise.
    Face it they have the facts we do not.
  4. eqenthusiast1983 Elder

nope, phinny sucks, xp too slow.

This server will be great, instancing, fast xp, and the instaces will be fixed this go round, so plenty of gear for all.

Yep all in all they hit a home run with Agnarr. Have fun on phinny, though everyone has their own cup of tea.
  5. Arakash Journeyman

The server hasn't even opened yet, and you are claiming a home run? Very poor logic based on nothing. And weird too, in that 1st person shooter mentality playing a mmorpg sort of way that has always confused me. Instant gratification is not a long term money maker. I mean, the way you just described Angmar it, it sounds like Farmville.

I want Angmar to do well because I want DBG to do well, but as far as home runs go Phinny is a home run. IT ALREADY IS ONE. It's proven itself, so even if it disappears tomorrow it IS a success. Why fix what isn't broken? Angmar will be dead within a year. That's not a bad thing for a finance company running a game, it's just that I think a Phinny clone would do better than a Ragefire clone.
  6. CorvusGlaive New Member

7. Kahna Augur

Ragefire clone? If anything it is a Phinny clone. The only thing it has in common with rage is exp. It has truebox, instances, and 12 week unlocks in common with phinny
  8. Bunyin New Member

I love how people have to predict how things will go... Agnarr will be dead w/ in a year.. etc.. Right now I play on p99... I will be going to Agnarr...mainly because my favorite class is Ranger, and on p99 they are severely limited...fun, but nowhere near what they become in PoP. The #s for p99 are around 1000 - 13-1400 on the weekends... If Agnarr can maintain 700+ after the initial rush, that's fine with me. I love the PoP expansion..the true box (which is all I've ever done when allowed) the instance raiding.. I think it will be fun. If after 2-3 months of $30 a month, it sucks... then I can always go back to ftp p99.

I tried phinny when it released and it was ok... exp way to slow for a casual soloer like me..but If you did group..the exp was pretty good.

To each his own, but I'm looking forward to this one...even though that means starting over...again.....on a Ranger.

Im ready for /autofire and flinging some arrows...

See you on Agnarr..
  9. Rolento23 Journeyman

C

Agnarr's population will be just fine. 700 people is all your looking for? Well you have very very very low standards. If it really will draw some P99 people, combine that with people coming back, and rerolling from the other TLPs. Its going to be extremely popular.
  10. Bunyin New Member

700... on a live server like Vox, to many zones so people all spread out... 700 on p99 is decent... some camps open.. most zones have people in them.. so its nice. More is always better, but that # would be fine. I believe it will be way higher then that, but you never know.
  11. slayersaysdie Journeyman

I play regularly on p99 and I'm dropping p99 for Agnarr. As much as I love classic EQ, the most fun I ever had was during the PoP/LDoN era. That's the era I know the most. That's what I yearn to play.

I'd like to believe Agnarr will be successful. p99 regularly has 1,000+ people playing on it so I really believe Agnarr can match that. Especially once Luclin and later PoP unlocks.
  12. Trevalon Augur

I think Agnarr is going to do just fine. It is no coincidence that it is being dropped now just 2 months before the launch of GoD on Phinigel. This is there way of saying: "Hey, we know you love everything before GoD and your gonna quit playing EQ when Phini goes into GoD, but here is a brand new server for you to do it again and you don't have to slog through that terrible exp rate either!"

When it was first announced alot of phinny people were grumbling and saying they wouldn't play, but low and behold almost everyone I know is been talking about at least rolling some toons there and maybe even raiding a little.

I very much look forward to the faster EXP rate on Agnarr and plan to play there till PoP. I am more interested to see what happens when Agnarr hits PoP and what DBG releases then.
    Tudadar likes this.
  13. Syllestrae Elder

Don't forget there's people like me too. I wasn't playing EQ at all and I'm coming back to try Agnarr out. So there's gonna be some influx of people who aren't detracting from any other server's population. I just came back to play some more EQ for nostalgia's sake and a fresh start on a new server seems the best way to meet new people & make new friends. I'm trying to get some of my old friends from back in the day to come back as well.
  14. AgentofChange Augur

Agnarr is going to do great. Phinny will continue to do great. The concern will be what Agnarr looks like 2 years from now, but that's a long ways off and they'll have plenty of time to think of something.
  15. MaestroM Augur

I'm another p99er that's dropping for Agnarr.

We told Daybreak for years what we wanted. They listened and now we're giving them our money.
    Ellis likes this.
  16. Ellis Elder

I like how you call a guy's prediction that the server is a home run very poor logic based on nothing, then immediately claim that Agnarr will be dead in a year lol. Also based on nothing.