After a decade away, I'm returning to Norrath

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Akon, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Akon Elder

Thanks, Roxxie-Rock :) The guild sounds like it is strong enough to survive us. LOL ... Actually, it sounds like the kind of "home" we need/want. I hope it works out well for everyone. :D
  2. Akon Elder

My god, Anahri. Consider yourself my in-game Walmart. LOL j/k
  3. Roxxanna Augur

All you need is a good attitude, to not take things to seriously, and most important, pay attention when Gertee talks to you, she's like mom, and everyone knows, if moms not happy, no one is. So make sure your guild, group, and tell windows are up and working.
    Pristine likes this.
  4. Akon Elder

Yes, ma'am. I may have to ask for help in setting up the chat windows.... it's been a looong time :cool:
  5. Thawg Elder

Oh yes, I remember. A lot of great memories from back then. Maybe because it was the first MMO I ever played, but EQ memories come to mind first when I think about my favorite gaming moments. One of my favorite memories is my first night grouping on Orc hill. Grouping, fighting, trains to the lift, oh man I was hooked.
  6. Akon Elder

I'm exactly the same way. EQ was my first MMO and my best memories are from it, even after years of a bunch of other games. There was just something about it, you know. For one thing, there were lots of people on. It was exciting and the whole MMO thing was new for me. It was just freaking awesome. *sigh* They say, "you can never go back." That may be true but I'm damn sure gonna try. LOL

I also remember very early on when my friend in RL that got me started in EQ pulled one of those huge skeletons from the chess board in Butcherblock halfway across the zone for me to fight. LOL. I was too low level for it and the damn thing scared the pants off me. hahaha.... and then sitting on that little rise of land in BB just waiting for something that I could actually kill alone to wander by... at 3:00 a.m.... omg, insane. The first groups, raids, exploring places for the first time while the whole concept of a MMO was new. It just rocked. I was a wizzy... learning to kite was just crazy. What was that place you zone to and it's like up on a ledge, ice and snow, and there are like dragons around. People would go there to kite them. Down the ledge was water where the sirens were (still are, I guess). OMG, the sirens. LOL. I love this game :D
  7. Thawg Elder

Sirens grotto? Something grotto? I remember quad kiting there with my Druid.

Ya, we may never get that feeling again however I think we can have some fun trying!
    Akon likes this.
  8. Akon Elder

Yeah, that grotto or whatever it was called. Underwater. I can't remember most of the area names anymore :( When I finally made it through Butcherblock and came to where the boat takes you across water to another zone (can't remember the freaking names....), I thought OK now THIS is an adventure. I'm leaving on a freaking ship for a long time... lol. I prepared myself for days and days away before returning to my home city. In my mind it was so freaking real. Guess I was a bit naive...LOL.
  9. Pristine Oakwynd

Sounds good, and no problem at all for me. I have run guilds before so know how that goes, and I have the windows already made and ready to go in EQ. Habits die hard from MMOs for what I set up oft the cuffs, I admit.

I did take a look at the thread even prior to this one, and you all sound like a great bunch. I look forward to seeing what comes of all this, and running into everyone on here. As for clerics, I say go for it for whomever is doing those. My old main on Xegony is a cleric, but I want to try something different this time. So far, I have the wood elf warrior at level 10, and then I also rolled up a enchanter and a necromancer. I will end up picking one as the main as I do. I do have one or two other accounts from back in the day, but I have only been playing with the main one so far.

I remember that grotto too and other spots that I think of fondly in EQ. I look forward to running into everyone ,and yes, my character names don't, as yet, match my forum name, except for my druid on Xegony. .and not using that one really.
    Akon likes this.
  10. SuicidalDwarfPally New Member

Ok I just rolled these guys on The Rathe:

Roemio - HalfElf Bard
    Vildayn - DE Necro
    Gortalk - Ogre Warrior
    Graeko - Iksar SK

Now I will go roll 3 good guys an another neutral. Be back in about 30. :)
    Akon likes this.
  11. Roxxanna Augur

The truth is, you can't go back. Mainly because your not looking through a kids eyes, full of wonder. It's sad, I myself loved to play RPGs in my youth, Legacy of the Ancients on the Commodore 64 was my first, and around every corner was another mystery. It's all still there, but you have to know where to look, and how to look. The mystery and adventure now lies for me in the people I meet, how I can lift them up, and how our stories unwind together. That's what makes a good family guild so special. And if you want a good train, visit The Grounds on a double xp weekend, omg, it's carnage.
    Akon and SuicidalDwarfPally like this.
  12. SuicidalDwarfPally New Member

Ok... Just rolled these 4 on The Rathe to go with the ones above. I am all set and ready to go...

Dirkmon - Dwarf Pally (Always my main and was the first character I created in EQ all those years ago)
    obviously Dirkmon will not be my main on this server.
    Kaltous - WE Ranger
    Lejour - Erudite Wizzy
    Lonell - Halfling Druid
    Akon likes this.
  13. Thawg Elder

Aarrrgh! Just need my new PC to arrive so I can get it set up and start installing. UPS tracking shows it on the way but no time ETA.
  14. Thawg Elder

Yes! Just arrived!
    SuicidalDwarfPally likes this.
  15. SuicidalDwarfPally New Member

Akon... I think I will use my Warrior with the group if we dont already have one. If we do, I'll go with the Necro... They seem like better fits for the guild than my bard.
    Akon likes this.
  16. Borek-VS Augur

Cobalt Scar. Fun music, too.
  17. Thawg Elder

New machine is up and running. Getting software in line then I'll begin downloading. Hopefully doesn't take days. Curse you Verizon!
    Akon likes this.
  18. Akon Elder

Sounds good. Pristine rolled a warrior I think, prolly some others also. We should be good cause we have a good mix. After we get in and get some levels done, I might roll a dark side alt to run with one of your dark toons, just to see what it's like. :)
  19. Akon Elder

OMG yes. There was like a tiny brick room where you TP into, with a courtyard and high wall. I spent lots of hours at that spot. LOL
  20. Akon Elder

OK peeps, I'm looking at tomorrow sometime. I *might* get in game tonight, but I'm pretty tired and still gotta put that #@%* table together before I setup the computer..... I'll be the last freakin one in...ugh. Meh, it's all good.
    SuicidalDwarfPally likes this.