After a decade away, I'm returning to Norrath

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Akon, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Roxxanna Augur

Welcome guys, normally I spend a few moments with new recruits, but today I've been drug everywhere. The bowels of Tower of Rot, to sending Lady Lendiniara home. Please make yourself at home, the guild bank is at your disposal. Let me know if you need anything, grouping will be hit or miss at that level, but it looks like we have a good group starting at the same time. We do have ventrillo, info is on guild management page.
    Akon likes this.
  2. Akon Elder

Thanks, Roxx.... and don't worry about us. We're old hands at this... LOL. If anything comes up that we need something, I'm sure we'll let you know :D but, for me, I'm good for now. There's a huge thunderstorm here tonight, so I'm staying off the new computer for a bit... I'll be on later.
  3. Akon Elder

KK... all good. We probably won't do much grouping until we're all out of tutorial. Actually, I'm kinda having fun relearning the basics :) and the basic changes that have been made since I was in EQ. Cool stuff. But grouping will definitely be awesome once we get our EQ legs back.
  4. Thawg Elder

I'm finally in and running through the tutorial. Halfling cleric named Medacus!
    Akon likes this.
  5. Akon Elder

YAY! Awesome. I'll be on later... got a huge storm going on here at the moment. I'm still bashing around in the tutorial also. Couldn't believe how much I'd forgotten. So, yeah, enjoying the tutorial actually.
  6. Pristine Oakwynd

No problem. That works for me. I am going to work on getting at least one of the others out of the Tutorial.

@ Roxxanna, I should be in touch with you by tomorrow at the least so I can get an invite, if that works. Right now, just getting another one out of the tutorial at least. Thanks!
  7. SuicidalDwarfPally New Member

Hi guys. Sorry I have not been on today. Spending the day with the wife. She has to run into the office tomorrow for a bit, so if I am not on tonight I will be tomorrow. I need to get an invite to guild still too, so I will look to doing that tomorrow as well. Is anyone still going to be on in an hour or so?
  8. Akon Elder

Well after a lot of thinking and planning it appears we've all made it in game, on The Rathe and into The Eternal Darkness. One thing I hope now is that we keep in touch and group some when we're out of tutorials and settled in. We can continue communicating here. Later on, I could make us a web site if we want it. For now, I'm enjoying the adventure!
  9. Anhari Augur

I have two characters, both guilded
    Anhari - Half Elven Ranger
    Jaques - Vah Shir Beastlord. (Jacks the Cat!) He will probably be my main for a while, although I can play both at the same time. I suck at 2 boxing right now, but as I do more and learn all the ins-outs of [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software], I'll get better.

Going to be busy a bit today with another character on another server, but should be in a bit this afternoon before the Sunday Night Football (Go Cowboys!).

Anhari/Jaques
    Akon likes this.
  10. Akon Elder

Jacks the Cat... LOL... love it :D
  11. SuicidalDwarfPally New Member

Ok... I'm logging in now.
  12. Akon Elder

I'll be in after lunch
  13. Thawg Elder

So as I move from the tutorial to crescent reach (lvl11) are there a lot of quest to do or is it more like afew quests and grinding? So far in CR I have found 1 quest giver that says 1+ and one that says 15+. There are others but for much higher levels. Just trying to figure out if I'm missing anything.
  14. Yther Augur

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/qsearch.html?zone=431 for quests that start in CR. Check the Level Range and if the lower part is below or close to your level, should be able to do it. If it's only slightly higher, you'd have to look at or try it to see if it is. You can have upto 29 solo (individual not that they are actually solo-able) tasks at a time and one group (shared).

Yes there are alot of quests there 1-20 range.

EDIT: Also, check /ach in-game and Hero's Journey section and lower level achievements in Crescent Reach. Might be some upgrades or if you're missing some slots.

Yther Ore.
    Borek-VS likes this.
  15. Borek-VS Augur

Yes, Hero's Journey is the quickest way to find the CR quests, it has most, if not all, of them for the appropriate level range. You can skip the older ones, although they may lead to a useful reward for completing a series of quests - all of which you can determine from the /ach window.
  16. SuicidalDwarfPally New Member

There is a 10+ on second level by the council and I believe there is one or two on the rooms in the inn.
  17. Pristine Oakwynd

My warrior is already in CR. I am going to get the enchanter and necromancer out tonight or by tomorro at the latest. I did get in the guild last night on the latter two thanks to Romuluas giving me an invite. I will see about getting the warrior in as well. I ended up putting the necro on my other account (I originally had three way back when..), and I do not always 'box'. However, I do not mind doing it at times, and well, I will need to practice at it as it has been years since I played like that.

I still prefer to group with people, of course, as my first choice, so no worries there. I think or assume that we will end up keeping in touch and grouping as we go and can too.
  18. Thawg Elder

Grouping is always more fun but I don't mind solo/molo grinding. I'm just glad to see people actively chatting in guild chat. Folks have been great so far answering all my questions.

Thanks to all that responded to my quest questions. I'll look more when I get home and dig into the hero journal.
  19. Anhari Augur

Do the complete Hero's Journey in CR to get the Achievement. There are good rewards, even though many of the items you get along the way are equal or less than what you get out of the Mines.

You can start on Blightfire Moors at level 15 doing the signpost quests. (there are two that can be repeated until you get to level 18 when you can get a few quests from one of the scouts.
  20. Thawg Elder

After using the Heroes journey and the find feature ( find feature really helped) I am doing much better with obtaining and completing quests.
    Thanks all
    Pristine and Crystilla like this.