After a decade away, I'm returning to Norrath

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Akon, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Pristine Oakwynd

Got all three out of the tutorial zone now. Two got guilded, though just need to get the warrior in now.
  2. Anhari Augur

Roxxanna told me you can tag/invite your own alts (if they are on different accounts).
    Pristine likes this.
  3. Pristine Oakwynd

Great, I will do that then.
  4. Shannonigans New Member

I'm actually doing the exact same thing starting today!! Last time I played was roughly 2003. I was on the Zeb server so I just went ahead and made a character on Xegony because it looks that that's where it was absorbed. I feel so out of my element. I remember how everything used to be so easy... I feel SO out of my element. I'm sure I'll figure it out in a day or two, but aaah!
  5. Thawg Elder

If your starting fresh and haven't found a guild yet I encourage you to try The Rathe server and get in touch with Roxxanna of The Eternal Darkness guild. I started back about a week ago and these folks have been great. There is always someone willin to answer any question or just chat. So far they have been a great group of folks.
  6. Drivn New Member

Hi there !
    Returning after a loooong time away. I left the game when EQ2 was released and experienced many other games. Good ol'memories brought me back here and i decided to try to find a guild or people to crawl into the old content.
    I decided to start a new toon on Firiona Vie and... oww god.. i felt LOST ...so many things changed.. but i think it's just a matter of time to understand everything again :)
    So if there's a guild looking for a new returning player on FV ...just poke me : Drivn wizard 26 / GMT+1

ps: i tried to find any guide for returning players/newbies on the forum but failed.. if someone got a link or two to share.. pls send me :)
  7. Yther Augur

Here's my attempt at one (still missing some links, and there's some links that may be dated): https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?posts/3072242/

Most any thread on the 1st two pages that has a title you might be interested in or a question you might not understand, is probably a good read.

Check out at least the guides and other sites and things you should do / get before starting of my guide; i.e. the TNZFAQ, maps, allakhazam, etc.

Yther Ore.
  8. Drivn New Member

Many thanks Yther ! Got a lot of things to read :cool:
    Yther likes this.
  9. Anhari Augur

The three best resources for noob information and EQ in general (on this board at least) are Yither, Crystilla and Borek. They are listed in the post Yither provided. They're like the American Express Card, Don't leave Crescent Reach without them(tm).
    Crystilla, Borek-VS and Yther like this.