After a decade away, I'm returning to Norrath

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Akon, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Akon Elder

Suicidal... good idea about posting char names.
    Everyone post your char name(s) here as you get them.
  2. Akon Elder

What? I didn't grow up. LOL
  3. Thawg Elder

Eh you may not be last. At the speed I'm downloading I dunno how long it's gonna take. Curse you verizon!
  4. Anhari Augur

Rolled Anhari on The Rathe. Half-Elf Ranger instead of a cleric.

I'll roll a couple of other characters on the two paid accounts I have so we have a good mix, then Post their names here.
    Pristine likes this.
  5. Akon Elder

That's cool, Anhari. And guess what, I got the freaking table put together! YAY! Tonight I'll unbox the new computer, get it set up, and prolly get my wizzie up and running if all goes well. I don't usually go to bed until like 2 or 3 am, so tonight might be it. woohoo! :D
  6. Akon Elder

Meh, relax Thawg. We got lots of time... Norrath ain't goin nowhere. At least I don't think it is :eek:
  7. Romuluas New Member

Well I will be on tonight as well. May roll a monk tonight. If not I will be on my sk Romuluas. Monk name will be Qintou. You are asking how I know this right? I have an old at with that name that will get deleted. Hehe
    Akon likes this.
  8. Akon Elder

Um, well.... looks like I won't be on tonight due to a slight miscalculation by someone (cough, cough) concerning a certain cable. :oops: So, a quick trip to Best Buy in the morning should take care of it. Other than that, the computer is sitting on the desk, waiting to be fired up. :D Sucks for tonight, though. :(
  9. Thawg Elder

Ugh, that sucks. I'm downloading now but it's literally taking hours. Have to work tomorrow so I'll just let it run and hopefully it will be done when I get home.
  10. Akon Elder

OK sounds good. I'll be up and running pretty quick tomorrow. I just need a different monitor cable and a longer cable for Internet hookup. This not being able to get on is killing me... lol.
  11. Akon Elder

I wonder what happened to Edgefall2422.... he posted here a couple of times.
  12. Roxxanna Augur

He is in guild already
    Akon likes this.
  13. Akon Elder

Awesome. Thanks Roxx!
  14. Pristine Oakwynd

I will get my names and post them here tomorrow. I should be in game tomorrow night and/or Sunday. I do have the warrior, but more cannot hurt. Plus, she is a wood elf, and I did roll up a necromancer and an enchanter. I still may go with one of those, and besides, play what you want and enjoy is my advice. We can just about work most combinations, I think, with parties and be fine.

Cheers!
  15. Akon Elder

I finally made it in game. Character name is Akonak (Drakkin Wizard).

I'll be in and out during the day and tonight I'll be in game :D
  16. Roxxanna Augur

I'm afk right now, real life duties, I'll be in and out as well.
    Akon likes this.
  17. Akon Elder

Thanks for the guild invite, Roxxanna :D I can't believe how much of a noob I am... it isn't "like" starting over, it IS starting over... jeez :rolleyes:

I think I'll make a dark character... a necro or something. Never done the dark side before.
  18. Pristine Oakwynd

All right, got my three names. I have just three at the moment to see what I enjoy and see what may work better group/play wise.

Warrior - Kiindinya
    Necromancer - Dhaunae
    Nlainya - Enchanter
    Akon likes this.
  19. Akon Elder

YAY! I'll look for you in game later this evening... I'll be on Akonak. I'm gonna be slow in the tutorial area.. lol.. Can't believe how "new" everything is. I thought I'd remember more than I did. EQ is so different from the other games I've been playing. The UI and actions seem more "hands on." For instance, when collecting a certain number of looted items to turn in, you have to open the quest box to see how many more you need (unless you keep track in your head). Other games would say something like "you have acquired 3 of 4 bat wings" or something similar. Just going to take a little time getting use to EQ again. ;)
    Pristine likes this.
  20. Pristine Oakwynd

Sounds great. The warrior is out of the tutorial area, but the other two are still in there. I should be around this evening for sure. I will definitely add that name to my friend's list as well, and I have added the others from the thread here.
    Akon likes this.