After a decade away, I'm returning to Norrath

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Akon, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Akon Elder

Suicidal.... let's get houses next to each other... is that possible? I know in other games it is, but I don't know anything about housing in EQ other than it's instanced.
  2. Akon Elder

Maybe Roxxanna can tell us about guild neighborhoods. I think I read where some neighborhoods can be set up so only guild members can buy them.... I dunno.
  3. SuicidalDwarfPally New Member

Ok Akon. If you want to roll a Drakkin wizzy, I will roll a Half Elf Bard. Never really got into the Bard before, but I think they are really good for groups. That way I am at least neutral as well.
    Let me know when you want to start and I'll meet you in the tutorial. I'm East Coast btw...
  4. SuicidalDwarfPally New Member

I have not looked into the housing yet, but yeah. Let's check it out once you are in and we are guilded.
  5. Roxxanna Augur

We have 2 neighborhoods where you can place houses, a public one, and a private one. You can get a free house by doing the housing tutorial.
    Akon and SuicidalDwarfPally like this.
  6. SuicidalDwarfPally New Member

Thanks Roxxanna. :)
  7. Pristine Oakwynd

Hey, Roxxanna, I want to inquire about the guild as well. Also, if anyone that posted here is looking for anyone to group with on the Rathe server (lower level), let me know. I still have my ones on Xegony, but I want to poke around the Rathe and look around.

Sorry, Akon, I think we all jumped into your thread. =D Romuluas, I added you to my friend's list too. I should go look and see what my warrior's name is.. Though I did roll up an enchanter to try out, and a necromancer. I think the warrior could be interesting as I had one around when I was in EQ way back when as an alt. Still, none too sure how viable one is currently.
    Akon likes this.
  8. Akon Elder

Suicidal.... awesome... I'll let ya know when I'm in (shouldn't be long now)... I've got the new PC now, gotta put a computer table together and get the new computer set up. The housing thing sounds good also. You know, I've never played a dark side toon. Maybe I should see what it's like at some point. I'm not opposed to the idea, if the play goes well... just never did it.

Also, I'm East Coast also!
  9. Akon Elder

Thanks Roxxanna. The neighborhoods sound... well... inviting :D
    Will be poking around on The Rathe pretty soon ;)
  10. Romuluas New Member

Sounds good pristine. I should be on in an hour or so after I get the kids and wife to bed hehe. Tanks are always viable. I could even make a ranger so there is a snare around for mobs that run.
  11. Akon Elder

LOL... that's what this thread was for! I'll be on The Rathe pretty soon now. Looking forward to seeing you, Suicidal, and Romuluas (and Roxxanna) :D

Sounds as though we're gonna meet up on The Rathe and see how it goes. It's been sooooo long for me, I'm sure I'll be as nOOb as it gets.... UGH! :eek: But it's all good.... it's like returning home after being lost in the wilderness of "those other games." :rolleyes:
  12. Pristine Oakwynd

It is all good. I am rather the n00b too, and we may well all be. =P I do look forward to it, and I am just in the tutorial now playing around with an enchanter. I got the warrior out of the tutorial area at level 10, and she is a wood elf.
  13. Romuluas New Member

I know exactly how you feel. Even tho I am just fooling around for the last week or so, it feeling like this is where I belong.
    Akon and Pristine like this.
  14. Akon Elder

I hope the housing is better than it was in Aion.... worthless but expensive. LOTRO housing was better, IMHO. Memories there as well.... guild meetings in the guild house in LOTRO... omg. *sigh* We had a sort of guild neighborhood there and it was cool seeing guild buddies up and down the street. We had parties in the neighborhood. :p I hope to find that sort of guild and friends and that sort of experience returning back to EQ now. Years ago in EQ, my guild was like family... gotta bring back that feeling! I think that server was called Vazaelle, or something like that. My RL friend was in a guild called Promethean Order or something like that. He brought me into EQ but I had to go to a different guild because I was a nOOb instead of a hardcore raider... that of course changed. LOL. I'm done with hardcore raiding. Burned slap out.... it was a freaking JOB with expectations. Sorry, didn't mean to ramble on... LOL.
  15. Pristine Oakwynd

Agreed. Have the warrior camped out on PK for now, though I was just on the enchanter that I made. For some reason, I do miss playing one as I had that I 'boxed' at times back in the day with my cleric. Then again, necromancer and bard are tempting too. <.<
    Akon likes this.
  16. Akon Elder

Sounds like we'll have a good mix of characters (skills) if we do all decide to group, which I hope we can. Main thing is, play what you like (as they say).
    Pristine likes this.
  17. Akon Elder

I'm with you on that. I've thought about coming back to EQ for quite a while, but honestly I didn't think hardly anyone was actually playing it now. I was surprised to find as much population as there seems to be, at least from my limited perspective, so far.
  18. Akon Elder

If you jump on this thread now to check it out... and are just returning or just starting EQ, go ahead and post here. You may be interested in joining our little group looking to get established on a server and in a guild.
  19. Pristine Oakwynd

Definitely, we should have an interesting mix
    Definitely, and I think that a group would be great. Always fun to play with other people.
    Akon likes this.
  20. Thawg Elder

I'll be starting once my new PC arrives (hopefully tomorrow) and would enjoy grouping with some folks that are returning also. I'm leaning towards cleric as I enjoy healing however I'm also considering a shaman or perhaps a shadow knight (my original main back in the day).
    Akon likes this.