To the people who don't like best gear in vendor.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheDarknessWithin, Oct 12, 2016.

1. LT Schmitt Committed Player

If I do the math right I will never have to run a raid for best gear, but I may still need those replays for feats on my alts or style unlocking in the distance future.
    • Like x 1
  2. lukelucky Devoted Player

Bud you are ignoring dcuo loot system and how it has not worked since launch. If a system is broken and some accounts simply won't ever hit on certain items I'd say that's not a fair oppertunity.
  3. megamanzero Loyal Player

you obviously don't know what the word opportunity means. ignorance is bliss i suppose
  4. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic lol
  5. lukelucky Devoted Player

How many fail groups were aw so close but stuck in blue gear because that purple was super rare? In my experience alot of groups came super close but due to not being able to gear up thanks to luck they failed. Some groups still could not do it I mean t4 gate's walk ins had alot of under developed players. Also wanted to say hundred percent agree and well said
    • Like x 1
  6. Derio 15000 Post Club

This is true however it would take a considerable amount of time running only solos and duos.
  7. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

I love when I get the Back or Shoulder piece...a dozen times in a row...it makes my 20 below my CR rings all the more valuable...:rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  8. LT Schmitt Committed Player

Don't forget alerts and remember raids are locked for the week so most of our coins will come from solo duo and alerts.
    • Like x 1
  9. High Troller Loyal Player

I'm offended.
  10. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

Lol at the players that will get their raid gear without stepping into a raid.
    At least the elite gear and op gear will take effort to get.
  11. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Thanks Luke. Yeah, like I said I loved T5. Nex and Dox was great. I beat it when it was God Mode hard, and it felt good. But, I have to be fair, and unselfish, that content was so hard that it chased people away. On top of that, it was needed to progress. There was no Elite concept yet. However, I will say that while the 88 gear had great stats, those Raids where not gear checks. Even in full 88 gear, one-shots ie artificial difficulty was a thing, along with mechanics that were not bad, but didn't often render on PS3.
    • Like x 1
  12. Arcee Active Player

Those "elites" that say that are only scared that out of this balance newer players might take thair jobs.
    [IMG]
  13. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

best gear in vendor is the way it should be! now, will we be able to get it all b4 the next DLC, WITH OUT REPLAYS??? were see...
    • Like x 1
  14. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I know people who never finished DWF and has all the gear 150 simply making alert and duos and breaking the gears have achieved, and making the gears 150!
    It is theoretically the same thing?:rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  15. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

if there is no feats in elite I want. I could not care less about elite gear!
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Yeah, everyone has an equal opportunity to walk away with nothing useful. With the new system, you can work towards your goal...you can actually calculate it and set your expectations. It feels more rewarding when you're in control of your progression instead of RNGesus. Some of my toons were done in one week because I got super lucky on those toons, meanwhile I have another toon that hasn't seen a second chest drop (to use on my troll side) or purple feet to use in either role. I honestly believe that I won't even see those pieces drop until the new content drops (after i've acquired better pieces). That sucks. And i'm still way luckier than others. The new DLC will still have some RNG (blue and purple pieces), but your progression won't be stagnated by RNGesus...only how much time you spend running content.
    • Like x 2
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

But you'll know when you'll achieve the goal of getting your desired piece. As opposed to running the same content for however long you decide to run it only to never see that piece you need. I ran certain content regularly on several toons in the hopes of completing the Talon Lord set...the last I needed to have all the styles in the game (outside of Elite Styles...which i'm only one piece away from completing my first one).
  18. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I think when we find out how much in ancient coins we need to get the vendor gear I imagine most people will be against it.
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

They won't be against it...they'll ask for the prices to be adjusted properly. There's a difference. Only the lucky enjoy RNG progression. I and many others prefer to work towards our goal and get things within a reasonable time frame (which we can control with our time commitment).:)
    • Like x 2
  20. megamanzero Loyal Player

i'm not saying one way is better or worse. i'm just saying the current way is not unfair. the game doesn't give you a different seed for your RNG based on CR or Membership or anything like that. you beat a boss you get a chance at some loot same as little Billy