To the people who don't like best gear in vendor.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheDarknessWithin, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Controller Devoted Player

I'm ok with the changes, and even happier with the content dropping sooner than expected.
    • Like x 2
  2. thedemonocus Loyal Player

also raids have feats so theres a good reason right there to do the raids
    • Like x 1
  3. megamanzero Loyal Player

no it really isn't. everyone who pays for the proper content has opportunity to play the raids and get a chance at rewards for success.

if you don't get the rewards you want then sucks to suck but it's not unfair.
  4. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I personally wish elite gear would go away or change fundamentally how you achieve it. Currently i am not a fan. What they should do in my opinion is keep top gear in vendor as is now. Instead of acquiring elite gear from the vendor by completing an elite raid, which no doubt will require replays to obtain the whole set within the dlcs relevancy, instead they should take advantage of thr crafting system. Each piece of vendor gear should be able to be crafted into an elite piece, upgraded if you will. This could be done via marks and plans and all the like.
    • Like x 6
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Although that's true at the same time and I think this is really what people mean variance could be beat through the size of your wallet.

I.e if you replayed you simply had better odds of completing stuff because you got "more drops" than those without money.

It's like buying more lotto tickets to increase your odds.

Of course this new system is tonnes better because like you say variance can screw you and it might not matter how much you spent you may never get a chest piece.

With this new system there is always mathematically going to be a known limit to how much you'd have to spend to reach the top and a player can better calculate how much theyre prepared to spend too advance at any accelerated rate they deem personally acceptable.

That is why I endorse what you are doing.
    • Like x 2
  6. lukelucky Devoted Player

No u have a broken loot distributer holding progression hostage. I have no interest in rehashing the loot system but as far back as dcuo dates so does the loot issues. Some things simply won't ever be seen by some accounts.
  7. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

drop only best gear is a horrible idea to begin with... i rather have them crafted than depended on the RNG god..
    • Like x 2
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Unless you're a troll with all 8 pieces. ;)
    • Like x 2
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Some people have atrocious luck. Plus not every run feels rewarding under current RNG based progression. With AF3 every run of every piece of content will reward you with the coins needed to get the best gear. No more luck in your progression.

This I do agree with...we don't need the negative in here.
    • Like x 2
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The DPS ones in particular are the worst after A & B slot (Tank ones seem second worst to me).
    • Like x 1
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Compared to what we have now, you'd be wrong. With RNG taken out of the equation, you'll be able to calculate how long it'll take and how much it might cost to speed up the process of completing the set. With current RNG involvement that can happen in one week (if you replay spam) to a year or more if your luck sucks that bad.
    • Like x 1
  12. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

No need to restrict it to the C&D slots, the A&B ones are useless too. I mean, really? A Total of 180 Might for wearing 4 pieces of elite gear when I have 13k Might already? lol thanks
    • Like x 1
  13. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

lol
  14. Zneeak Devoted Player

I think you're not completely seeing what I'm saying here. Nowhere in my post did I mention anything about RNG compared to the upcoming progression system. I have literally NOTHING against all gear being in the vendor instead of having to rely on RNG, my posts have stated that.

I am comparing the grind to obtain elite-gear through vendor, compared to the grind to complete the regular gear through vendor. The elite-gear will take much more effort, grinding and money to obtain, but basically lead to the same rewards as the regular vendorgear. That's what I have a problem with, nothing else. Unless the devs update either the stats and/or the elite affinities on elite-gear this time around, that is.
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

only in DCUO is RNG a problem that required its core to be changed over 4 times xD
    • Like x 1
  16. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

it doesn't matter what kind of system is in place. Replays are always going to allow for the fastest progression no matter what. As replays are a major source of income for the game I dont see them going away. Going to have to wait til all this goes live to pass judgement.

I like going back to having a separate "mark" for each dlc. Even when I max out on all the vendor gear I can always use leftover marks to buy gear to demat for league prestige. it would be a good idea for the devs to come up with an alternate route to spend all these excess marks. Eventually we're going to be at that point where everyone cries they have 100 useless marks (or coins or whatever were calling them). ( a base item vendor, allow us to use them for rare style purchases, let us purchase stabilizers etc etc).

this might prevent a small part of the community that spams the first boss of an elite raid til they get a full set of elite gear. granted you could do the same while accumulating elite marks but it seems like this would be a much slower way of progressing. i'm all for burning players who abuse the system.

if this works out and is brought into future dlcs the dev team needs to include a few extras into raids. not just op gear but special drops the way it used to be in t2 raids. iconics and special drops have been extremely limited in newer content. you guys need to flood us with them.
  17. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I like this idea better then the elite vendor plan. I haven't watched the livestream yet, but I'm assuming elite loot locks will stay the same and you will need to alternate normal and elite raids every other week. If they use the elite reknown for crafting your vendor gear into elite, that will be better then trying to buy the vendor gear first to be able to beat elite, then buying an elite set.
    I can only hope they make the normal last boss hard enough for LFG groups to fail. Right now I'm lucky that I've been able to find DWF last boss groups every off week to unlock first 2 bosses of elite. PBE unlocking was a struggle because the last boss on PB reg was so easy.
  18. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

But it's not the same reward at all.. The elite gear has affinities where the normal gear does not....

That is a fact, whether you like those affinities or not is another thing... But the elite gear does have something the regular gear does not... Stats should not be changed just for the elite gear when you can increase your stats through the affinities... No matter how small the upgrade is...it's an upgrade regardless...
  19. Zneeak Devoted Player

First off, I said "basically", not "exactly the same by any and every given detail".

Secondly.... You can keep repeating this as many times as you want, but it still doesn't change the fact that the majority have time and time again expressed just how insignificant the current elite affinities are.

Just because it's "an upgrade regardless" doesn't mean it's a justified upgrade compared to the extra effort and grind you have to put in to get the elite-gear, that is the whole point you don't want to grasp here.
  20. lukelucky Devoted Player

To be fair for years we had best gear in vendors and a sense of order. Then rng and sudden everything's a wreck. How many players feel upset, unrewarding, and or just left over RNG? How many players have been banned voicing their unhappiness or anger?

T4 was just fine when we knew we needed X amount of runs to complete a set of gear.

The people gear up and leave arguments a joke. Daily players figure out something to do regardless. Alts or chase skill points as examples. Those who pack up and roll out till new content shows up are mearly part time players and nothing more.
    • Like x 3