To the people who don't like best gear in vendor.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheDarknessWithin, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

To me this a refreshing change BACK to the way things used to be. At Alpha, Beta, and Launch, the best gear was on a vendor. It never should have changed. It appears that everything Spytle did is being mostly removed. The Chris Cao system is being re-implemented. I loved Spytle, he was the best, but as a game we lost our way.

I adapted to the changes because I love this game, and I wont leave until the servers shut down. Nevertheless, from T1-T4 the best gear was on a vendor, and that was the pinnacle. T5 was fabulous, but speaking honestly, most of the server couldn't beat Nex or Dox. They were shut out. This was the medium. I applaud it. Thanks Dev's. #MAKEDCUOGREATAGAIN!
    • Like x 8
  2. krytine Loyal Player

Who's to say maybe some of the stats for elite gear won't be higher then normal
  3. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Read the announcement again:
    Elite style and set bonus, no increased stats.
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

For the record i dont spam replays. Havent done that since the dox days. In fact i very rarely reset anything at all. And what people seem to be missing is how grindy this could end up being. If it is super grindy it will result in a ton of people replaying anyway to buy the vendor gear. Not sure what the difference is if people spam replays for drops or vendor gear.

But here is the problem i see, that no1 seems to be be talking about. Take wotl2 for example. Max cr was 111. Could be reached thru drops or vendor gear. Drops had slightly better stats. But if u ran LnW and say got some legs that is 1 less piece u had to grind the marks for to purchase off the vendor. Basically a shortcut or small reprieve from the grind if u got lucky. With the new system there is none of that. Its all grind. Mepps tried to tell people yesterday players will care about and want the 2nd best gear (gorgon drop gear) but said when vendor gear was 2nd best no1 cared about it. Not sure how people didnt care about 2nd best gear b4 but will care about it now. But that is getting off topic.

Mepps has stated the MoV we earn and vendor cost for gear we have now will not be the same for the coins and godfall gear. He said the cost would reflect it being the BEST gear ingame. Idk about u or others but that sounds to me like it will have a high cost. If it does it will be a big grind to obtain your gear. And getting vendor gear for both roles b4 the next dlc drops will be almost impossible. Tons of end game players, including myself, play multiple alts and both roles on all their toons. We chase the best gear for both roles. Because we play both roles. If we cant acquire the godfall gear for both roles b4 the next dlc w/out replaying then whats the point of chasing it at all? And im not a fan of replays at all. Wont use em anymore and dislike the system very much. Notice how they havent told us how many coins we will get from each instance or the cost of the gear yet ;) Pretty important detail that was not in the stream. I wonder why.

Lastly i will always be against people spamming replays on lower easier content to get the best gear as opposed to running the harder content (raids and elite raids.) Its not rewarding time/effort. Its someone throwing real money at the screen to avoid going into certain pieces of content but still obtaining the best gear. Im not sure how people dont see that. Its getting the best rewards by avoiding the hardest content by spending real $. Its basically saying im not good enough to do this so ill spend real $ to get around it. If u dont replay it takes a lot longer to get the gear, as it should, no probs there. The replay option is the problem. And last i checked no other MMO out there lets players do that ;) Do i want people to not be able to get the best gear? Nope, not at all. But i dont think spending money to work around running raids should be allowed. RNG has nothing to do w/it as far as my concerns go. People talk all the time on here about bad players in end game that dont know their role or power but are max cr and also have no clue about mechanics. So now those players never have to step foot in a raid and learn? Hmm sounds like a great solution to me :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

Darkness, this above^ is what i have an issue with ;)
    • Like x 1
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

We know what the problem is. We have had discussions about this and why people want/dont want certain things when it comes to gear. I think u know why people dont want the elite gear to have better stats. Because after the stats revamp that would mean it is the best gear hands down. And players would have to run and complete elite raids to get the gear. And that is why some dont want that. They dont want to run elite content, but still want the best gear ;) Its really that simple.
  7. Zneeak Devoted Player

I know exactly why, that's what annoys me. People want the best of the best but they want to be able to take the easiest route possible in order to get it.

If all this BS about "I just want to play the way I like" was even slightly true, then people would settle for the next best thing and don't give a flying F if some people who constantly ran elite-instances had slightly better gear than them.
    • Like x 3
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

Exactly right.
    • Like x 1
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I just wanted to say I'm not like that. I don't play elite content but I still think elite set bonuses could use a buff. And they shouldn't make you alternate between normal and elite without replays either.
    • Like x 1
  10. Xibo Loyal Player

Yes, but MoVs and Ancient Coins can be spammed by RB, right?
  11. Pults Loyal Player

Probably, no word on it though, just assumptions.
  12. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I'd be on board it's adjusting the affinities..but I'm not on board with making the stats better the reward for the elite gear should be the affinities and the slightly different look the gear gives the gear stats should be the same

We simply don't agree here...

If they do make the elite gear have higher stats... Then the elite content has to be a hell of a lot harder then it's been for the last year... Even since throne... None of this elite content has ever been super difficult... Elite content should be as difficult as the later rounds of survival mode... In the first incarnation of survival when very very few people past that Oan science cells sm that first came out... If you are gonna call it elite and give it better stats then it needs to be tough where a fully normal vendor gear group will still struggle...

Also I don't think yours should be able to farm the first couple bosses to get the elite gear it should be full completion of the instance to get the coins for the reward... Lots of people won't agree with that..and I'll just guess those are the people that only fight the first boss or two to gear up... Ya know doing the easiest part of the elite content to get the best reward...
    • Like x 1
  13. Zneeak Devoted Player

Well, whatever it takes to make it where it feels like elite-gear is actually rewarding compared to the extra effort, I don't care if it's improved affinities or improved stats and I simply can't see the problem if it would have slightly higher stats either. Just saying no to it doesn't magically give you a point, there still havn't been a valid answer to be given as to WHY slightly higher stats (again, SLIGHTLY, not Super ultron mega-buffed) can't be tolerated for elite-gear.

In regards of elite-difficulty I completely agree, same goes for farming the first few bosses. That won't be as much of a problem moving on with the new progression-system as it's been with loot dropping, but I've said it numerous times before in regards of this too, that certain pieces should be obtainable only through beating the last boss. We have had that system so many times in other instances, it just baffles me that elite instances for the most part have not had this as a norm.

BUT, if you really think that elite should be so much more difficult you really can't sit here and say that elite-gear shouldn't feel more rewarding than what we have now, higer stats/better affinities is definately a must if you were to make elite-instances truly difficult. As I have stated several times already, elite-gear is really not rewarding enough compared to regular gear right now, but you still have to kick up more effort. If you want to raise the effort even more, better elite-gear compared to regular gear is given.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

That's never going to stop, because replay badges aren't going to stop, what's better now is that there is a ceiling.

When the best gear came from RNG you never knew how many times you might have to play an instance and in most cases just one instance.

Now with this change we can run "all instances" within the episode content and feel rewarded by it all and not just by having to do either the alert or the raid.

If you want to spend replays you will be able to work out how much you'll need to spend to reach your goal of full vendor gear, and then move forward to elite or OP gear from there...

If the math is done right players will reach the full vendor gear easily within the DLC episode without having to use replays, with the elite and OP gear being icing, and largely speaking a replay carrot.

We have to accept that the replay carrot is going to be there the devs have to make money, I'm just glad the replay carrot is now specifically elite and OP gear and not normal vendor gear as well.
    • Like x 4
  15. megamanzero Loyal Player

that doesn't negate the fact that it is fair.

i understand the qualms with luck based progression but still it's not an unfair system. the game doesn't favor certain players over others by using different RNGs per player.

I'm not saying it's not luck based but it is fair. Everyone has equal opportunities.
  16. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

never really cared about "elite" gear. no point in it. now, if it gave you better stats...(not 10 of this or that) that would be something to work for...
  17. Proxystar #Perception

And now everyone has even better equal opportunities by being able to "earn the best gear" rather than having to either get lucky or replay, with this vendor gear we don't longer have to rely on luck we can simply make sure we're maximizing our playtime and running everything we can each day/week.
    • Like x 3
  18. lukelucky Devoted Player

No they don't. I ran every halloween seasonal and still never saw one boo drop for me ever. Minus the first year I ran it every year on at least 3 toons. Up till after the origin crisis and fight for the light I was a ten hour a day player. There is simply no way u can say I will ever hit a boo of any kind. This year I am running it on 3 toons. Yes every year replays have been in use I have spent replays also.

Other accounts hit on boos as easy as pie and very often.

That's called a broken loot system. Because it has ALWAYS been flawed There is zero fairness to it What so ever.

For a hundred plus dollars a year I as a customer feel I desrve a fair legitimate shot at obtaining the best gear the game has. Why? Because that's how dcuo was when it hooked me. This system of loot distribution is been an issue since lauceh
    • Like x 1
  19. megamanzero Loyal Player

you obviously don't know what the word opportunity means. ignorance is bliss i suppose
  20. krytine Loyal Player

I know man I did read the announcement . I am just wanting them to have it that way. You know wishful thinking is all