To the people who don't like best gear in vendor.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheDarknessWithin, Oct 12, 2016.

1. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

A few people have said it's catering to the weak that the best gear doesn't drop in the raids and is in Vendor.

I'm so sorry you don't have to spam your replays on blind luck anymore. Maybe you can learn the definition of equality and fairness now. :)

I shouldn't have to suffer from RNG.
    • Like x 31
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Most raids aren't even that hard anyway.
  3. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

Don't tell me how to spend my replays! I'll just spend them on the duo non stop til I get best gear. See ya in March.
    • Like x 3
  4. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I'm abit confused by your statement lol?
    • Like x 1
  5. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Have fun! I won't reset anything and still get the best gear! It's great that we can all play however we want ;)
    • Like x 10
  6. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

With the best gear on the vendor, you no longer have to step foot in a raid ever again. You can simply spam the solo, Duo, or Alert if you choose. I thought that is what this thread was about. My apologies.

You bet!
  7. Veritech Loyal Player

You won't be able to get the best gear without the renown from elite raids, and renown is only in elite raids. Nice try though.
    • Like x 12
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Incorrect, the best vendor gear is elite gear obtained by raiding, try again.
    • Like x 7
  9. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

As long as elite affinity mods are as useless as they are currently, there won't be a noticeable difference.
    • Like x 4
  10. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

They only need a few tweaks or additions but nothing big to cause division. This new set up sounds great in my view.
    • Like x 6
  11. Pults Loyal Player

It's not about hardness, it's about paying on top of your access to the content to achieve the highest possible stats/CR.
    Current model support spending a lot of your time and money on blind luck. Whist I can't speak about paying to replay, they are eliminating the blind luck, which is a step in the right direction.
    • Like x 8
  12. megamanzero Loyal Player

the old method wasn't unfair either. the RNG isn't unfair. you have the same chances at getting rare gear as anyone else.

also the taunting sarcastic attitude is feeding into the toxic community. please try to be the bigger person and just accept the changes.
  13. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Don't get me wrong, I think it sounds great too. But imo those elite affinity mods need significantly higher stats (which I'm sure they'll get with the revamp) and more useful effects. Not that the effects we have aren't interesting, most of them just aren't all that useful or even noticeable.
    • Like x 1
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i go with the flow where these kind of things are concerned.

replays are always going to be a wrench in the mix. or are they a double edged sword? one of the rocks we get caught between?

it will be awesome if this turns out to be exactly what we need instead of being careful what we wish for...
    • Like x 3
  15. Zneeak Devoted Player

Did the devs actually come out and say that the elite vendor-gear would have better stats than the regular vendor-gear? I didn't catch that on the stream. Did they answer this question on Discord? Because if they didn't and the elite-gear keeps being what it is now, you are really only looking at enhanced grinding towards the elite-gear with the same, existing and extremely minimal "enhancement" that is the elite-affinities, which we have all discussed and agreed upon many times around these boards just how insignificant they are compared to the extra effort put in to get it.

I am hoping to stand corrected on this, elite-gear really should have some enhanced stats compared to the regular vendor-gear with #statsmatter returning.
    • Like x 1
  16. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Looks like it will have the same stats.
    • Like x 1
  17. Zneeak Devoted Player

If that is the case, chasing elite-gear will continue to be a waste, especially with enhanced grinding to get it but with no enhancements what so ever to the actual elite-gear. That just doesn't make any sense. One would hope that they atleast introduced some new and improved elite-affinities, I guess we have to wait for this episode to hit test before judging on that regard.
    • Like x 1
  18. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Keep in mind the stats revamp is coming soon. I agree that elite affinities are useless right now but at least some of them may be more useful after the revamp. Still hoping for some more effects to be added though.
    • Like x 1
  19. Zneeak Devoted Player

If those elite-affinities stay the same as they are right now, not even the stats revamp will make them any better. Not compared to the extra effort and not to mention MONEY you are looking at just to grind out the elite-gear. Everyone around here knows that. The elite-affinities need an update, it's that simple. That and/or slightly enhancing the stats on the gear itself compared to regular vendor-gear.

Again, introducing further grind to get the elite gear and yet not changing a single thing about the gear itself, that's a pretty bad implementation if that's how it turns out. It doesn't make sense, why would I want this gear more than before if the value of the gear stays the same but the grind to get it is further enhanced compared to just grinding out the regular vendor-gear that's just as strong?

The fact that we will now be able to grind towards gear in general to purchase instead of relying on RNG is great, but I don't really see the point in keeping elite-gear in the game if there isn't going to be any changes to the gear itself. There's more than enough feedback on how insignificant those elite-affinites currently are, I see no reason NOT to slightly improve them and/or slightly enhancing the stats on the gear itself for this and upcoming episodes.
  20. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Better stats on elite gear shouldn't happen again. If it's same IL but better stats then it's inconsistent and CR loses information, but if it's higher IL then it's progression again which it shouldn't be. I'll support better set affinities any day of the week though. Currently they are a joke.
    • Like x 1