The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheShadyMilkman Level 30

head over to suicide slums theres always ppl selling pretty geared accounts on there
  2. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Will do, I'm also trying to get the hang of using dual pistols on a controller lol. It's still as tricky as ever
  3. TrueMarvel New Player

Rejoice my gadgets brothers and sistas!
    Quantum shall take away many of our FOTM joy riders!
    • Like x 2
  4. SavageTofu New Player

Congrats amigo!

You guys look like a wonderful couple. I wish you the best.
  5. TheShadyMilkman Level 30

prepare for the influx of terrible controllers!!!!!!!
    • Like x 1
  6. FeelsGood New Player

I will be FOTM player to Quantum. i've been all 3 classes and enjoyed them all
  7. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

I guess there's almost completely wrong description of Gadgets three most important for DoT DPSing powers. Those are: Fear Gas, Cryo Foam & Cryo Field. Descriptions must be following:
    Fear Gas: Attaches to 2-3 enemies unique DoT procedure. Panics single target enemy. If this target enemy is Frostbitten it will be Encased. Then if multiple enemies are Electrified they will be additionally Burning. Then if enemies are Burning - they recieve initial hit damage and flies away. After landing they will be stunned. If these enemies are also Frostbitten - they will be Encased.
    Cryo Foam: Attaches to 4 enemies unique DoT procedure. Roots them all. Inflicts Frostbite to them all too (although normal Frostbite animation is missing & beeping too - actually they become frostbitten). Then if multiple enemies are Electrified they will be additionally Burning. Then if enemies are Burning - they recieve initial hit damage. This power NEVER Encases enemies.
    Cryo Field: Attaches to user All Enemies Around Damage Ticks procedure. Also deals initial hit to enemies around. Initial tick & attached to user damage ticks inflict Frostbite to any enemy. Following for INITIAL HIT ONLY: With initial hit if multiple enemies are Electrified they will be additionally Burning. Then if enemies are Burning - they fly away. Two previously Frostbitten enemies will be Encased.
    This is my own experience :cool:
  8. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Its been awhile since I checked but cryofield when activated in electrified or burning object when directly next to them, will cause encasement. When you let the aoe of cryofield hit target it causes explosion and fire dot.

This was awhile back tho. I can test it in 20mins
  9. TheDark Devoted Player

Wrong descriptions in the first page? I'm pretty that's all covered in it. It's definitely covered in the discussion on the pages after.
    Foam will hit up to 5 targets.
    Fear gas is also a channeling power which you didn't mention. If you jump cancel you may not hit up to 3 targets.
    And the the burning is listed under the power interactions. Only thing that probably isn't listed yet is the explosive PI hit. That because I'm still looking at base damage. Everything there is concrete.
  10. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

I think that is what he meant. Just not listing extra information about the PI's. Because pretty much the description is the exact information that is listed in the game itself so it can't be wrong.

I just tested the functionality of Cryo-field. It still remains the same. For encasement, if you execute CF on an electrocuted or burning enemy, it will cause explosion and encasement with the fire dot. If you let the AOE of CF hit the target, it will only cause the explosion and fire dot.
  11. TheDark Devoted Player

i took a look at it. i see what you're saying. it does just list the info straight from the game under the first 3 bullets.. i guess it was in my head i just never wrote it out or maybe i put it under the PIs futher down. Don't remember. I'll add info on what the powers actually do later
  12. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

It is listed under PI's. If you list every single thing its going to just over crowd the info. If they want to know about the PI there is a whole section under PI. as far as the power goes, that's what it's listed. It's fine Dark
  13. TheDark Devoted Player

Got it. It might just be a better idea if I see if I missed anything or add more detail in the PI section. I haven't really look at the first page in a while except for today.
  14. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

I tend to hit Find and look up certain areas but sometime, its just easier to go to last page and ask. But I've been doing this ever since DP and Shady's days on the forums. I know for sure the PI section also list how they can interact with other power sets too. Its all good tho.
  15. OGM_Madness New Player

Hello guys,

I'm the leader of a small League in US/PS3 on the Hero side and I main a Nature Healer. Since my league is lacking a serious Troll to run T4 and soon T5 content with, I decided to make a Gadgets Troll. So far, I've been having lots of fun doing alerts with him and I may like it even more than my Nature Healer (can't believe I wrote that).

This Guide has helped me a lot to understand the different mechanics a Controller must be aware of. I still have some doubts on how I should build my character though, and so I must ask a few question in order to take my toon to the next level and start raiding (currently only running alerts with my league, sitting at CR72, working on SP).

I want this toon to be full support. Although doing damage sounds like fun, the DPSes I run with already do a good job at that. I want to be the main troll in all raids or solo Troll if possible (I can solo most raids, I would like to extend that to Trolling also), so I want to focus on Vitalization. But, should I focus on Vitalization? How should I mod my character? Should I put pure Vit IV in all yellow slots, Health/Vit IV on Blue, Prec/Vit on Red? Should I also

Also, my current loadout looks like this:

Distract
    Sticky Bomb
    Gauss Grenade
    **Fear Gas/Napalm Grenade/Vortex Cannon**
    Defibrillator
    Word of Power

I like Gauss Grenade and its debuff, so I'll keep that. In the case of slot #4, which power you guys recommend me putting there? Not fond of pets, so I don't want to put a turret or battle drone. Maybe there is a better support power I can use? I'm using Distract because of the tip in the guide about using it as a timer for the PoT, plus I want a shield in order to pick up fallen teammates, but is Energy Shield any better for that purpose?

My toon is Flight and I use Dual Pistols.

Sorry for the long post and thanks to anyone taking the time to read to it and answer any of my questions.
  16. TheDark Devoted Player

I think when you mean "full support" you mean a devoted Battery. Supporting the team comes in more ways than just blue bar healing. I don't acknowledge the term "primary" and "secondary" controller. I believe both controllers should be doing the same thing they would be doing in an alert. The only difference is most groups have one PoT cast controller. I just refer to it as the PoT controller.

Even though you don't necessarily need high vit to be a blue bar healer, it's ideal to reach your maximum amount. If you want to be the PoT Controller you'll need to have the highest PoT tick (Vitalization) you can reach. In this case I would mod with Vit4 in rings and yellow sockets. We all know the unwritten law is to have the highest Vit controller cast Pot. I'm glad you're aware of the Double Tick.

I'm not sure if you have the Home Turf mods? Tank Reserve is ideal. There's a greater return in increasing your power bar with TR than modding Vit & Power. Even since it came out I never really thought of Vit & Power much. Escalating Replenishing Procs & Replenishing Adapter are recommended for Blue Bar Healers.

In blue sockets you can go either way, Vit & Dom to strengthen your shields through mods. Or Vit & Health for obvious reasons. Both can work. I personally went for Health.
    In red sockets it can go either way. Vit & Might or Precision. Since you're pursuing the Battery play style I think precision would suit you as you build up your combo meter. I've seen Vit & might work but that was with controllers who did high damage while powering the team.

Keep in mind that as a battery you'll mostly be casting Defib often, casting PoT, needed defense debuffs and weapon combos for regenerating power. You may not even need that extra slot. If i'm playing devoted battery for a group I usually use 4 slots in my load out. Thats all there is time for if its a speed run just to get out of there.
    I don't play around with Energy Shield much. I didn't find it reliable when I was taking rapid and high damage (1 or 2 shots). The shield will only pop up if your health is below 35%. It will register if you're taking a weak shots. You could practice with it.

If you can't make up your mind just take a look at the Damager/Healer/Tank. What power set are they? you may want to add a power that'll contribute to their damage/heals out (PIs).

The Distract timer for PoT casting is a great way to get new players started with the Double Tick. However, I really think you shouldn't rely on it too much. Distract is just a good power to have for many reasons. After a while try to get some practice casting it without Distract. Try not using it as a timer in boss fights just in case someone dies/hitting switches. Practice enough and eventually you'll just know when to cast it without even looking at the blue numbers or the timer. I've been at this stage for a long time now. If I can do it, you can.
  17. OGM_Madness New Player

First of all, thanks for taking the time on the response. It was worth the read.

Yes, by “full support” I mean giving power and taking care of objectives first and not focusing so much on the leader board placing (aka DMG).

About mods, I think I’ll stick to these 2 combinations: Yellow: VIT IV & Red: Precision & VIT IV for sure (I’ll be spending more time combo-ing). Once full T4, is the shield strong enough to, say, pick up allies in the middle of combat in Prime? Have you tried, in wayward, activating the soul things next to the Card Factory by yourself? Should I worry about DOM in my mods? Since you chose Health, my guess is that the shield will be strong enough for 99% of the times with naked T4 stats (no mods). Plus, Restoration should affect my shields now too, and there are plenty of those in the skill trees I can get when my SP are high enough. Please, correct me if any of this is wrong.

I read about tactical mods here in one of the conversations, but I haven’t plop the 3125 marks on Boost II yet. With the latest update, 3125 doesn’t seem so much anymore, might get it once I’m half way through T4 gear.
    Where can I get a Neck for the Tactical Mods? I know I read it here also, but skimming through the 22 pages I couldn’t find it again. If I remember, it’s in Ace/Stryker missions (Home Turf 5th day mission) and also in inner T4. Any other places?

For debuffs, is Stasis Field any better? I like Gauss Grenade a lot, but I might change if there is any pros I don’t know of.

Right now, my game consists of making sure the PoT is on, using distract to keep track for double ticks. Of course, in Boss fights and other clutch moments, I literally keep count in order to save distract for when really needed. Love Gauss grenade to lower defense, and use Vortex or Napalm depending on mission (took out Fear Gas, thought it was more of a DPS move). And I try to finish every weapon combo with Defib and clipping almost every move with Defib also (love clipping Word of Power with Defib)

Again, thank you for the help!
  18. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

So for that 4th slot you could use Intimidation, it'll help with weapon regen and does good damage and stuns when it procs. I personally liked using stasis field it will get you more consistent damage and if it goes through the final tick it'll hit for more damage. The drawback is that it stops damage until broken. DPS tends to hate encasements. If you do decide to use that instead of GG I recommend either INT or using Napalm Grenade then Stasis Field. You'll get a burning DOT then the Crushing right after. Overall I like using SB/GG/Defib/INT/DIS/WOP. Then the DPS are happy with no encasements.

You can get a Neck from ACE/Strykers hideouts as far as I know I haven't seen one drop from the outside one. Or from the Lockboxes, Central City(modable), or FOS 3. Those are your best bets with the lockboxes being a huge chance.

Just for info sake Pistols suck for clipping. They cancel most damage when you attempt to clip. May be more helpful to just clip powers with Defib.

Good Luck
  19. m2stech New Player

Just a quick question, HL shield or gadget's own energy shield ?
  20. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Encases you in an energy shield, preventing damage, if your health falls below 35%. After casting, you have a window of 2 minutes for the shield to protect you if your health falls below the 35% mark.

It activates when your health is below 35. I've seen it get used plenty on PVP as a last minute back up power. HL shield starts on activation. So it depends on what you use it for.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.