The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDark Devoted Player

I switched over my images to another site and put nearly all of them back in this guide only. I didn't put any back in my NPCs guide, Every Troll powerset guide, or whatever else I had in my old sig. When the thread is locked those images will still be there.

Because Stats Revamp is launching next week, I might retire the guide earlier. I'll post the link of Penryn's guide on the first and last page for reference. My goal is to avoid confusion so forum readers will see only one Gadgets thread is up.
    • Like x 1
  2. TheDark Devoted Player

[IMG]
    Farewell Address
    For half a day there were 2 Gadgets authors at one time. Now there is officially one. I've sent Mepps a PM to lock this thread. So hopefully this thread will get locked when he has the time to respond to avoid confusion.

With 310 pages and 463,836 views later, it was an interesting experience running this guide for 4 1/2 years. Thanks to the contributors over the years, those who participated in the discussions, and those who read.

Thanks to the players who credited my work on the forums or other outlets, and those who credited both my predecessors work, and the work of other players. Few players spend hours testing and making discoveries. All of them need to be publicly credited for it out of respect. I have done my best to credit sources related to the game because people deserve recognition for their work.

Thanks to the Developers, including those who aren't with the game anymore, who communicated with me in Private Message to confirm/respond to my tests, to share info with me, to ask me for my opinion, and who granted me interviews in the past.

The group of people I think deserve a "Dark" medal for my highest of thanks would be Shiny Mackerel for his incredible testing & understanding, Deadpool5241 & ShadyMilkman's writings on Gadgets which taught me initially, Drift Hazard who taught me how to find base info (I also picked up how to not give a direct answer from this guy and how to let the person figure it out), Ezekiel & DragonFyre for creating the DCUOBook which inspired my version of this guide, & Sylar-man from the old forums who inspired me to post info that helped players instead of mostly bashing them.

Lastly, thanks to Penryn who accepted the responsibility to manage the fourth edition of the Gadgets Guide. Hopefully he'll be at it longer than 4 1/2 years. Also, thanks to Crimson Mayhem for being active in the thread recently and for helping Penryn with his new thread. I helped out minimally where I could with Penryn's guide but these 2 will lead you guys through the Post Stats Revamp game.

Visit the new 2017+ Gadgets Guide for updated info.
    The Cutting Edge Gadgets Guide

As for my Gadgets guide writer days...

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  3. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

A personal thank you from me for all your hard work over the years.

I started playing DCUO on the 2nd of April 2011 as a Gadgets player, using the same character I play today. The first 2 years, I didn't take the game seriously at all. Mostly because I had commitments elsewhere. Then in February 2013, I came back to the game full time with a passion to learn how to play.

Your guide existed back then and was a reference point for me to get better. I learned how to play Controller after reading a few generic controlling guides, but your guide helped me really got down to the nitty-gritty of the role.

I'll admit I'm far from the best DCUO player and I never got to the point where I could recite every fact you ever wrote about it, but it helped me get better in content during a key moment in my early DCUO life span, before and during DLC7, where my love for the game was cemented forever. If I hadn't become a better player and didn't become such a huge fan of the game back then, who knows what I'd be doing right now.

I've occasionally come back to this guide for tune ups and to see what the current craic is with Gadgets. Crimson Mayhem has recently been helping me get better as a DPS and Gadget's player and I've thoroughly enjoyed your videos on YouTube, too. Referring people to them if they ever ask me about Gadgets or whatever.

Very sad to see that you're going, but thank you and a personal thank you from me for helping me out.
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.