The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDark Devoted Player

Just to add to what D3vil said, if you're in controller role HL shield won't be stripped by a tank. ES is also usable while controlled. Both cost 350 power. Both are based on 100% Dom & resto. ES seems to have a base of 10 though. Both work with the HT mod.
  2. TheDark Devoted Player

My shields are strong enough to take most of the damage dealt in prime or any other instance. Attacks that are one shots won't stop all of the damage. The stronger attacks some bosses do will destroy my shield (around 1500+strength) and take a small amount of my health but i'll still be breathing. In some cases I can pop a Personal Dampening Field IV (absorbs 1275 for 5 seconds) right after to buy healers reaction time. In prime I run with 2 shields, power or consumable, to rotate them in if one fails.

I have tried Distract in wayward for activating the souls switch. The problem with that is Distract last for 5 seconds. By the time ghosts come out, if the tank does not gain aggro or if a sorc/nature heal doesn't pop a shield, the ghost will interrupt me a second after they come out. Its the timing from activation of the shield and switch that matter. I rather just not cast it and wait for a healer shield. Or I'll let a Damager/tank hit it, they will get interrupted and then I'll pop Distract and hit the switch while the ghosts are already out.

Yes Resto is part of the formula for shield strength. 100% Dom and Resto. If you're going to increase shield strength try to aim for Resto first. You gain 15 resto in the original innates. Only 7 in Dom which doubles to 14 in Controller stance. In total you've gain 15 extra points in you spec in resto first. Also keep in mind if you switch to Damage role that 15 resto will stay the same. Your Dom will reduce by half. If you run with a shield in damage role this may affect your decision.

You can get a neck from Prime (that's the one I've been able to get). There is one that drops out of Ace HT solo challenge. I've been trying to get that one. I'm not 100% sure if one drops in T4 inner.You can use any neck that doesn't have a affinity.

GG is great if you have an electric healer or damager/DPS player in the group. Stasis Field does more damage than GG. I use it for that reason. Both affect 2 NPCs CC wise. Stasis Field is good to use if you have players in your group who blow up encasements. Ice and Mental can do that. I'm not sure how sorcery's transmute is affected now and I'm not sure if Fire's consume objects still exist. The Ice DPS I run with uses resonating gale to explode my encasement's. Sometimes it takes communication to use them. If you run with the same players, they'll just know which NPC's you encase and where simply because they'll recognize your pattern. Or you can follow their lead and encase what they are attacking. FG can encase targets that are frostbitten too.

As mentioned above, you could use Intimidation. Using your weapon, as you regen, and activating a PROC will perma stun your target. It's a combination of weapon and power type CC at once. This can be seen as supporting in that your damagers are attacking a NPC that isn't attacking or interrupting their combo's. Otherwise adding powers that have a Power Interaction with other teammates for added damage/heals works too.

I noticed you said "finish" and not clip on your weapon combos. I'm assuming you know that range weapons don't grant you the final hit of damage if you clip them. Atleast the ones I've used (Bow & Rifle). If you didn't know, make sure you use defib after your weapon combo are done. You can use it to clip if you've reached the next combo regen tier and you're not concerned with your damage out. You can definitely use it to clip your powers.
  3. TerrorQuantum New Player

Okay well this is freakin awesome and im not even a gadgets user
    • Like x 1
  4. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

I was playin around with this loadout in DPS stance the other day and it felt pretty quick and thought i'd share it. NG FG DIS SF INT PB its pretty normal. I like how quick it is to go from NG>FGjump>SF>INT. It worked pretty well, but my mights not that high yet(haven't modded out my DPS gear yet). Its nice for groups with NG and FG having pretty decent AoE and then SF for that last single target dot(burning,exploding, crushing PI's) before INT and weapons hot. Anyway's starting to ramble.
    • Like x 2
  5. FeelsGood New Player

sounds familiar
  6. TheDark Devoted Player

I started working on a possible far range load out for myself that includes Stasis Field. I've been using SF since I decided to take WD out. I'm still not 100% on WD. I have to see if damage will split after it's redone on those 8 targets. SF does more damage than GG in total if the DoT ticks run their full course which will happen in T5 raids. I also started using rifle. D3vil gave me some tips to hook me on it. It's really good for weapon combo build ups and I like the easy to use tap triangle.

I'm working on cycling the precision grenade tap triangle with GG. GG shoots right out the gun. I'll usually go tap, GG, tap, and the rest will depend on whether there is enough power or if I have to recast DoT ticks. Stasis Field, Intimidation, GG, BB, PB are in my far range load out right now.

The last spot is up in the air on whether I want the turret (which will most likely die in there), Distract or CFoam. I might change up PB. My goal would be to have powers now that do high damage regardless of their speed. Foam is the only mid range power I'd have. I'm still thinking about FG. I'm aiming for far range because those NPC's hit hard.
  7. TheDark Devoted Player

Is this your video? I think there is a misunderstanding on the application of the Burning PI Dot. It does not stack. Only one will register. This is the same Burning that can be "stolen" by mental, fire, earth or another gadget player. It is also the weakest of the DoT powers we can cast.

If you cast GG then CFoam you get DOTs off Cfoam. You also activate the Burning Pi DoT.
    If you cast GG then Fear Gas you get the DoTs off FG. You also restart the Burning Pi DoT. You do not gain an extra one.
    You need to have the combat log up so you can see it.
    Napalm Grenade is a burst attack that also sets up the Burning Pi DoT. If you cast this first, the other 2 combos will just reset this making it pointless to carry Napalm for burning DoT set up.

SF, FG, CFoam, SB, and CField are all damage over time. Burning Pi is another Damage Over Time that is activated through power interactions or can be set up in one step using Napalm Grenade.

You might be better off replacing Napalm with another power like PB if your goal is to get Burning DoT up up while using those other powers.
  8. FeelsGood New Player

no not my video but i agree with u
  9. Cicatrix New Player

My personal favorite midrange/range dot loadout is GG->Foam->Intim Jump Cancel FG Jump to SF then flurry until power regains back. It takes about two flurry shots non clipped to be able to start your dots back up without overwriting them with the exception of the burning dot which I don't really see it as a huge problem resetting it. I usually go beyond the two flurry shots though as to not exhaust the trolls and have intimidation proc more frequently plus I have a good amount of precision.

But yea I definitely agree there are times where I don't use photon blast as often as I would like to because everything is melting so fast so adding another dot is more beneficial I think. I take it off and on depending on the raid and the other dps I am running with.

@Dark I had a buddy pre update 17 use GG->SF->Intm and get great results but. it was in prime that made his single target powers very effective. FG is nice as it get dots off quick and can be recasted sooner. But as you said you want a far range loadout. Maybe the rifles grenade will provide with enough aoe damage that however also depends on your precision.
  10. TheDark Devoted Player

I only think it's a problem resetting Burning if someone is going out of their way to spend power recklessly to keep it up. They might think that it stacks or does high damage but it doesn't. You use it in a way where you're fine resetting it because of your rotation. I personally don't take Burning too serious to cast. If I can cast it, fine. If I happen to reset it at the 7th tick for whatever the reason, fine. As long as I'm not wasting power on one target that has high enough health to absorb the full DoT ticks off of my other DoT powers. If they run out and Burning is still going, I'm definitely going to reset it to get my stronger DoT ticks in off of my other powers.

My precision is about 700+ right now. I thought of FG but out of the powers Gadgets can cast, it's the weakest. Sure it has very fast ticks and I can jump cancel it but theres another reason I don't really want to use it in t5. I want powers that do high damage over time. This way I can deal damage and consume power efficiently without wasting power recasting FG. I think managing power consumption will be an important factor in survivability. I'll be wasting enough power as is with tap,GG,tap,GG etc. From the looks of it now, I might choose Foam.
  11. thesteelshadow1 New Player

I also been doing some testing for rang and fount a few things i already knew and some new things i didnt. First off as dark was saying rifle for gagdets is def seems good for rang. I have know for a while know that phantom triangle can be done off fear gas as long as fg is on a triangle on the controler. as when you hit fg tap triangle twice before you jump and it will do a rang tap triangle. the promblem is it not very good for melee as it makes you jump higher than you normaly would with a quick tap melee after jumping fear which can be done in with out missing a beat but rifle how ever the jump is barely there at all and can be done much smoother than the other melee weopons lve test by far ( HAVE NOT TESTED OTHER RANGE WEOPONS YET SO THEY MIGHT BE THERE ALSO ). also the rotation you where thinking of is very similar to what i was thinking. im going leave pb on there for sure becuase you should be able to use it much more on adds and boss's then now. The other thing ive been testing for rang is the staff lol hear me out the rang attack can be very nasty and if you tap triangle after it it flows very nicly into gg fg 2 taps jump start holding triangle gg cf or sf. did some great times killing the dummy in wt with it. tried gg fg 2taps jump into fspin gg cf/intim/dazing device fspin killed dummy in wt in under 6sec with 2112 might and 785 pre.
  12. TheDark Devoted Player

I haven't played with FG and rifle. It really shoots out it? Never thought of that. I'm assuming Phantom triangle is the tap triangle on rifle? I've heard of that name before. Is that the name of the tap itself? I have a 125 rifle, I'm still trying to get a 131 piece. So far it's doing good so I may stick with rifle for Controlling and Damage for T5. I also thought about just using Distract in my final slot for the fact that people will drop. I think it's a good idea for Damage players to pick up teammates and have a power handy to do it.

You're not the only one to recommend the Staff. I've seen the damage off of the Staff's hold triangle and it's really good. If I can't get a 131 rifle I may just stick with staff for damage in there for a few days. But by the looks of it now, I may have to run as controller anyway because of my small league set up. I might have to base some of this info off word of mouth for a couple weeks until I can run Damage in there. You should come in here often.

Btw, are you glowred from the old ps3 forums?
  13. thesteelshadow1 New Player

I do come alot and lol im not glowred im The Steelshadow of the Infamous Rejects usps3 call me steel most do. Yeah the phantom triangle is what hl does when they jump cancle fan. Ommar thought it was a hl thing only but it can be done by other moves that jump clip. it is normaly not that useful for gadgets as for hl as they can start ram at the top of there jump and back into there combos as they land and we use a melee attack to keep form jumping very far in the air. i try doing this with onehand and didnt like the feel of it and other melees seemed to have the same issue. rifle however it felt better and could get some nice flow with it. im sololy a dps btw so i can answer stuff about dps. my league has great trolls so i leave that stuff up to them lol As for distacrt ive also been giving it some thought just wounder if it would last threw a big hit in dps role or would the hl shield fair better or even a t5 sheild consumable
  14. Cicatrix New Player

The rifle definitely sounds good but I guess it just did not suit me. That whole tap GG thing I never did use plus for me rifle is but slower and I like to get my intimidation to proc as often as possible so I stuck with the bow lol. Also 700 precision that's real good, is that full dps skill points(post update 25 innates), full t4 and lock box rings all modded? There is a way when modding prec/might balanced build to get the most bang for your buck.
  15. TheDark Devoted Player

Yea that's all the innates, t4 and rings. My precision is 732 and might is at 2094. I use the might lock box rings and mod them with precision. I was spoiled though. I also have 2 precision lock box rings but at this point in time I wanted to lean a bit towards might for my burst damage for current content. I'll probably equip those precision rings and compare when I run damage in t5.

I dismissed the rifle at first too. The hold triangle is what's slow. That's definitely not ideal for taking advantage of Intimidation.

But hold square and using the backflip combo builds up your combo meter quick. It takes a some practice though and positioning of the camera. you'll definitely activate the PROCs often with that. D3vil has a video showing it. Maybe he can post them. Also, when you go tap, GG, tap, GG etc., most of the time, Intimidation will PROC off GG's hit. So you'll get the damage off GG, Rifle's grenade, and Intimidation in a short time. When I used it, Intimidation PROC'd often. Not every time but enough to convince me to keep it up. Remember Intimidation can also PROC off of initial hits off powers. Not trying to convert you. Just wanted to share that should you get bored with the bow. I did that's why I switched. Besides everyone might be claiming it on loot drops. So if I don't win one I wont get sour since I'll have my piece.
    • Like x 1
  16. TheDark Devoted Player

Well I meant more of just dropping by and posting your experience with the weapons and working them in with Gadgets. I'm only like 2 weeks into the rifle. I don't know everything about it yet.

Sometimes players will come in asking about a damage load out. Those questions might increase as they start to look for other weapons and ways to use them in T5. Not every player is going to think of using Staff's (<--- word "melee" comes to mind and some PUGs will make a big no no statement if they see someone with it) range attack in T5. If enough players report success with it that may change minds. Otherwise there will be discrimination against players who have a melee weapon equipped not knowing they have another use for it. The vast majority wont listen to one person telling them a melee weapon can work. Kind of what I've been saying about controllers and damage but that's a whole other topic.

Anyway, I'm lucky to be good at both roles so it doesn't bother me to run as a Controller. That is my favorite role and I understand the mechanics and play styles very well. It doesn't bother me but what might is not being able to answer something regarding a Damage player and the weapon they choose to use in T5 raids. So you, and any other full time Damager/DPS, who might know something about a weapon i know little about (like brawler/twohand/handblaster) should feel free to chime in. Me answering everything gets boring.

Well if you used Distract think 100% resto and dom. Resto will stay around what? 755 minimum I think? Dom will be very low. So you're probably looking at a Shield strength of around what? 900? 1000? Look at how much the NPC's hit for in that T5 raid. Distract would be destroyed. The same would be applied to the HL shield. I mostly thought of it for the aggro dump then to pick up my team mate. PDF IV absorbs 1275 for 5 seconds. Which is stronger but still might not matter. I might just carry 2 shields and pop that after I pop Distract. Really tough to say now until I can experience the raid and use them. if I get a T5 consumable i'd have to look at the numbers. they should be stronger but the question now is how strong?
  17. thesteelshadow1 New Player

i do plan on helping you with the dps questions as much as i can and am glad to do so. i have exp with a fair amount of weapons. as for the shield, yeah for picking poeple up it might be what saves many wipes. i have a bunch of sp so ive been think about restro for shields as the stat increase t5 loosing some m or prec may not matter if it save ppl. the t5 shields couldnt heart ether. like you said till we get in there its hard to tell what will need. i think more dot based loadouts will be king in t5 though as burst will be more melee. pugs grps will be tuff for poeple going with more unusual weapons/ play styles and its not cool like u were saying. i rember how picky ppl get when thing are tuff. i remeber being kick from prime becuase i wasnt nature or hearing ppl badmouth ice or mental dps. there a mental in ice dps in my league that do amazing number
  18. Agnetta Dedicated Player

doesnt cryo foam have a very short range though?
  19. Cicatrix New Player

If I ever get a 131 rifle ill definitely try it, now you got me curious lol.
  20. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

i did some research, i think i got a new combo for rifle
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.