The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duragon Committed Player

To OmegaWarlord: I have agree with TheDark and say I was pulling for you at the end, but I realized you wouldn't get far right at the beginning. If I may add some notes?
    1) CryoFoam and FearGas shouldn't be on the same loadout... and I think TheDark mentioned it up top. I agree with his choice in FearGas.
    2) Again, I agree with TheDark in needing a shield at your tier level. I would even go so far as to say you don't need BunkerBuster in there... go with the Anesthetic Supercharge instead.
    3) Repetitive, but... only 3 powers should be for damage, the others for surviving... If you can work it in, get that Energy Shield ... once you get down to 35% it activates, and you can pace yourself with the supercharge. Once the shield goes down, smack that Anesthetic Supercharge for the immunity and healing.
    4) Taser Pull to pull them is ok at your tier, so is FearGas and CryoField.... but it's your mechanics that seem to fail you at this point. When you Taser someone, follow it with a FearGas and then immediately jump to cancel the animation. In the air of the jump, hit CryoField so you come down with it. The mob will normally explode. It's the clipping mechanic you're missing. Too many times I saw you cast FearGas and get hit while waiting for the animation to finish, or you cast CryoField without hitting the mobs with FearGas first... huge power interaction/damage buff you are missing.
    5) I said Taser is ok because frankly, you should be using G.Grenade instead. You throw GG in a group and all of them get electrified, then lunge in and make sure you angle yourself so you can do FearGas and hit everyone in the group, so they all get the Power Interaction... make sure you remember to "jump cancel" the FearGas animation immediately and in the air, before you land, go CryoField. Everyone in the group will explode away from you, some might die, some will be encased in ice, some will have the nerve to shoot you at which time you smack them quickly.

I hope this helps! ... remember, it's a game dude. Just have fun, lol.
  2. TheDark Devoted Player

I did notice omega not jump cancel but I wouldn't say it's a must to do. I think that itself is situational. We know jump canceling will get him back to weapon attacks much faster. We also know staying in the animation (channeling) will make him vulnerable to interrupt. If you're distant enough to not get interrupted and/or take damage you can keep channeling. If you do, fear gas will hit up to a 3rd target in the cone area of effect and that damage does not split. You will also get all of the 11 ticks of damage. Canceling (by jumping) definitely has its benefits but know when you do that you do not get the last 3 ticks (its minimal) and its less likely you'll hit a third target.

The burst initial damage, known as the explosive Power interaction many players have forgotten or didnt know about, is extra damage you can take advantage of. Im glad Duragon put emphasis on this. i think i only briefly Mentioned it. It's base range damage is about half of GG. any added damage is a bonus. With GG, or even NG, try to follow it up with FG for that added damage. CFoam and field have the same interaction. I have a chart on the front page listing the steps for some PIs in the damage section.

I also think that if you were full t4 ideally you wouldn't run with taser. But again it is ok to use it for a pull. GG or NG are both burst damage with the same damage range. One will electrify and the other will set up the burning PI in one step. It's not a burst and dot. It's a burst that sets up the PI dot. It's farther down the tricks tree and cost more power though. Although I kind of agree with duragon on aiming for one, I'd say stick with both for now unless you plan on splitting or focusing more on the tricks tree.

GG was only electrifying one target for some time but I did notice it now electrifies 2. It must have been fixed recently. NG sets up burning PI on 5 to 6 targets so that would make it ideal for casting FG and exploding multiple targets (more than 2 with GG). I'm not favoring GG or NG but explaining he differences should you decide now or in the future to change.
    • Like x 1
  3. scotv453 Well-Known Player

I am not finding this info. But what is the general tac. mods used for battery controllers? I know replenishing. And reserved tank. What else?
  4. scotv453 Well-Known Player

Also I hear people keep talking about troller dps. What is the loadout, gear (dps or troller gear), and everything to make a troll role dps person. I already have a dps setup i use, but have no clue on what this troll role dps. Basically I want to give it a try in raids to help with damage.
  5. REEEPR New Player

@ Omega. While filming your vid with a camera, turn down the brightness a bit and the text should lose that washed out effect. I used to record my old game play back in the day with a VHS camcorder and this helped my video quality tremendously.
  6. Kaleb57 Well-Known Player

Hey guys, here are some loadouts I've been using, what do you think?

Pve Blue Battery;

POWERS
    •Sticky Bomb-POT
    •Distract-Shield
    •Word of Power-Power Dump
    •Guass Grenade-Defense Debuff
    •Vortex Cannon-Crowd Control
    •Defibrilator-Power Discharge

MODS
    •Replenishing Adapter-Power Restore
    •Escalating Replenishing-Critical Power
    •Reserve Tank-More Power

Throw out pot, debuff high priority targets, pop WOP during clutch moments, use Vortex to get adds of teammates.

Pve Crowd destruction;

POWERS
    •Taser
    •Distract
    •Energy Shield
    •Stasis Field
    •Cryo Foam
    •Fear Gas

MODS
    •Escalating Might-Power based loadout
    •Reserve Tank-More Power
    •Regenerative Shielding-Makes Energy more useful.

Taser>Fear>Jump>Foam>Stasis>Taser>Fear>Jump>Foam>Stasis. Use hide and E.Shield to stay alive and mitigate damage as your DOT's murder everything in front of you.

PvP healer annihilation;

POWERS
    •Taser
    •Distract
    •Energy Shield
    •Stasis Field
    •Cryo Foam
    •Cryo Field

MODS
    •Escalating Might-Power based loadout
    •Reserve Tank-More Power
    •Regenerative Shielding-Makes Energy more useful.

Taser>Foam>stasis>Field>weapon Combos. Rinse and repeat.
  7. m2stech New Player

Which dps powers you guys suggest to go with brawling ?
    Also any good acrobatic powers that have bonus dps interaction with gadgets ?
  8. Ny Batteri Well-Known Player

I usually run with this loadout when I'm just running things solo and alerts (with friends or in league) with DPS gear one.

Sticky bomb, statis field, defib, speed drain or bunker buster (depending on content), fear gas/cyro foam/ napalm/intimidate (depends on my mood) and photon blast.
  9. SavageTofu New Player

When last laugh dlc came out I got on this thread & asked how I should mod my T4 gear.

Shady said he personally went half dps/control. Chest, head, shoulders & legs are troll gear. Hands, feet & waist are dps gear. Then everything was modded with precision health 4. Additionally a nature soda 4.

I did this. I found it was quite effective Except against decent groups in watchtower containment 5x5, fos 8x8 pvp & pit 5x5. In those 3 arenas it was imperative to just give out power to healer & try to kill they're healer. The extra health was brilliant. Having 7000+ health made it difficult to be killed.

With the new changes to pvp & the new gear is there any reason to not employ this strategy again? Since fos 8x8 pvp is the only one I really have to worry about power.

I can see modding vit/pre on everything. I could also see vit/health on everything thus becoming an unkillable power machine. One factor is the duel. With pre/health 4 you are much more effective in 1v1 & duels. Things like word of power or speed drain & defib are completely unessacary in 1v1. There is also those that put troller mods in dps gear.

Anyways Shady or anybody else how should I mod for pvp now? What's Shady doing now?

Also now that we have more options. How should I spec for pvp? I have 134 skill points.
  10. SavageTofu New Player

So i guess doing half dps gear/ troll gear is a thing of the past?
  11. TheShadyMilkman Level 30

^ What gear set-up are you looking for arena set-up or a 1v1 set-up?
  12. TheShadyMilkman Level 30

LOL thats what Shady did
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Hey shady! Congrats and hope everything goes great as planned!
  14. TheShadyMilkman Level 30

Sup man long time no chat. Hope things have been going well for you also :)
  15. Rob New Player

Congrats. Well played.
  16. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Things been good. Me and the dark actually was talking about you not to long ago lol. I'm still dual pistols like a champ. Just hard when I can't find another that use it unless support roles
  17. TheShadyMilkman Level 30

i actually came back for one night and after signing off was immediately rushed to the hospital. My crohns started to act up really bad. Life caught up with me finally lol. I think this new DLC is really going to light the fire again. At least until D3/ff14 come out :).
  18. yellowflash9 Well-Known Player

Congrats TheShadyMilkman, I hope everything goes great for you bro.
  19. TheShadyMilkman Level 30

she said YES so im already ahead of the game lol
  20. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

I did make a ps3 account. I plan to work my way up lol. Either that or look for a person who wants to get rid of their account hehe
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.