The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

I think theres a significant difference in the three weapon.

-1h spin chop is quick, small aoe, and it definitely hits hard. Flurry is pretty good and develops a good hit counter too.
    -DW procs a lot out of intimidation so using it and building up the attack definitely hits very hard but the time consumption of getting 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and so on attack is time consuming.
    -MA is very controlled dps. By using your experience, you could easily go straight to the knee launch rather then the cartwheel depending on your enemy's health. and if you have a group around you, you have smoke bomb or elbow punch which is not as time consuming as DW or even 1h.
    *You still have to consider that the DPS development over the course of since launch till now has improve dramatically. The longer you take for yourself to execute something, the person next to you might have already destroyed the enemy. So you have to use good judgement as far as which combo you want to use in order to build up your dps or charts (That's if you are going for that).
    *Ma range attack compare to the other two isn't as great damage wise.

If you like DW, definitely go for it. I like dual pistols and I dont' think I could stand playing this game without dual pistols. I'm not that great being a dual pistol gadget DPS but I still try to make it.

Good luck and I hope this helps
    • Like x 1
  2. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Look what you did Dark, you got me back in the groove and not hiding in the cave again.
    • Like x 1
  3. AlphaW0lf2013 New Player

Hello, I'm back because started hitting the wall again. I was able to get a complete set of T1 gear and it carried me over to start doing T2. However I can't get a single solo T2 completed. They wipe the floor with me...lol. Should I go back and just keep doing T1 until I can pick up a few pieces of T2?
  4. TheDark Devoted Player

Yep. Accumulate more MoT then use that to get more t2 pieces. It'll get easier.
  5. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

I've always been a fan of dual pistols and was too stubborn to use anything else but it actually helped me understand the more on how gadgets intimidation or how to adapt my powers cycle to match the weapon. But I do have a project if anyone is interested in working with me.

Its dps role, and I'm looking for anyone interested and firmiliar with brawling and bow.

Edit* Doesn't matter if you are PS3 or PC. I will send actual private videos to show you exactly what you need to do with the weapons and powers. Its a little different (A lot different if you been using 1h) but i think it would work.
    • Like x 1
  6. SaiyanWeaponX New Player

I have a question that may have been answered but % damage modifier does stealth give you? (I use stealth because i like using the mines and keep bunker buster in my stealth loadout)
    • Like x 1
  7. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

You don't get a DPS modifier when in stealth mode but there is a set rate. On PC, if you press F1, scroll down and you will see the active aura. If you go into stealth, you will actually see specifically how much bonus stats you get while in stealth. Unless you want hard numbers, its on the first page under the Stealth department.
  8. SaiyanWeaponX New Player

Oh ok gotcha. I just saw the first page of stealth. I guess i was just confused because on the PS3 when im in stealth it doesnt say anything under the "current effects". Thanks for clearing that up
  9. TheDark Devoted Player

Good luck with the project D3v. I've been using the rifle non stop since you sent me that video. Players interested in range weapons, mostly for t5 if its difficult or just looking to try something new, may learn something or how to pull it off. Anyone who has mastered the bow or brawling should get in contact with D3v.
    • Like x 1
  10. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Thanks Dark! I haven't really made a full video of myself recently DPSing because of the following;
    1. I'm using Dual Pistols
    2. My loadout isn't your typical close combat powers.
    3. I don't use Turret, instead I use my collectors edition Bat Drone (These two pets can't be use at the same time)
    4. I don't use Ms Boo, I'm actually using the anniversary Pet (Because it matches my looks. Its all cosmetics)
    5. I honestly don't use the CC trinket because I really don't care about wearing tights. I do have it on occasion when as a team DPS is low, but if I'm with two other DPS that holds their own, I'm not going to stress out about it. My FOS trinket does enough.
    6. Most of the time I don't use my DPS SC, Asph Gas. Sometimes I actually use the Bat Drone SC, because it looks cool with the Bat Drone and the Anniversary Pet.

I'm a rebel. Sorry.
    • Like x 2
  11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

The healing formula is being updated again for GU 25 to "adjust" the amount of healing you receive based on dominance. Based on a few tests I've run so far, Anesthetic has been returned to its pre-GU 24 healing potential. That means you maybe taking up to a 25%-30% reduction on self-healing based on your build:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/gu-25-dominance-scaling-for-self-heals.10379/

Also, I've been looking at and testing the new PvP gear. I may have to rethink my general Arena Controller loadout and approach. Even with the starter gear, everyone is going to have a lot of health - 6000 with the cash gear. If you make it to full T4, you'll have about 9000 health. Players will have larger power pools too. Trying to run an opponent out of power and then kill them won't be nearly as viable. There are simply too many options for replenishing your health/power with the Home Turf trinkets.
  12. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

I'm interested, particularly with Brawling. My Gadgets toon is only T1 though.
  13. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

T1 is fine. The fact you have all your powers, you are able to choose anything in your loadout. I need to know your actual power? T1 only has Alerts unlike Raids. So you will only have the power of one Troller. Most DPS would generally use their normal cycle without consideration that it isn't a raid and you play it differently. Content is a little weaker (I heard T4 Inner is totaltly different lol)
    But you can't just use the full cycle and expect the troller to handle that. That was one of the main things Dead Pool taught was not just go in there and spam powers. Use the power that you have. When trollers are unable to provide the power to you, it causes you to be drained almost constantly so you need to adapt and be able to play differently when in Alert and when in Raids.

Hey Drift, can you give me your currently loadout and movement speed?
  14. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

I'm Acrobatics. My loadout is a variable though, but right now, I'm playing with:
    • Napalm Grenade
    • Intimidation
    • Fear Gas or Cryo-foam
    • Asphyxiation Gas
    • Distract
    • Suppressor Turret
    I was testing on Fear Gas and Cryo-foam's AoE capabilities when combined with NG.
  15. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

I'm an acrobatic too so I can relate. Its my most favorite movement.

Both Fear Gas and Cryo-Foam is an AOE Cone.
    Foam has a shorter range and gives off a burning tick to about 8 but I haven't confirmed. It also uses 350 power and 45 DPS modifier.
    FG has a longer aoe cone range and gives off a higher amount of burning tick and can be jump cancelled. It also uses 230 power uses a 35 DPS Modifier.

In order for you to initially start a Fire Power Interaction, you would generally have to use Napalm. When going into a fight, because it is range, you can start by Napalm. Napalm>Intimidate right away. 360>250. Lunge>Ltap>Ltap>hold (Uppercut)>Hold (Haymaker).
    Weapon alone, you did 5 ticks of damage. This is quote from tips and trick of Intimidation.

[Tips and Tricks] This adds damage along with your weapon as you regenerate power back. This power applies a stun,even in damage stance, when it PROCs to stop the NPC from dealing damage. This boost will apply to the first power used and has a chance to PROC off the initial hit of most offensive powers. Damage Over Time ticks don't set off the procedure of yellow damage from Intimidation (it's random yellow damage). It has a greater chance be set off with weapon use. The farther you go into the 7 PROCs of damage, the more damage it does. As long as Intimidation is on cool down, it has a chance to PROC. This power is single target. Intimidation, a personal buff, can cancel out a power used before it and can be cancelled out by another self buff like a trinket, Defib, cola, or power like Distract. This allows the power to still work but it cuts the cast time from 1.5 seconds long to .2. Also known as "clipping."

Hence the reason why you use your weapons after intimidation. The reason I mention that specific combo, because it has a higher damage rate then the tap tap tap hold hold. Lunge hits harder then the initial tap, plus it beats chasing after them. :) Also, each weapon has a different recovery rate. Dual pistols would have to hit about 9 to 12 ticks for it to be great. Ma, 1h and DW would have to be 6-8. Brawling and 2h, you have that leisure to hit about 5. Its a slower weapon so it has its compensation for it.

**Because you are currently only T1, your power is limited. You might have drained 50% of your powers already or more. So you want to activate a power as soon as Haymaker animation starts. Your choice would be Fear Gas. If you are running into a crowd, all of them should be already on fire because of Napalm. Your tank whether it be fire or ice may have started a frost bitten or fire PI (Maybe). So if you activate fear gas, it would initially start a Fire PI on everyone in that cone. Its a split second so try to angle it perfectly to where you get almost everyone. The initial burst damage from Fear Gas when something is on fire is great. When you start Fear Gas, Jump>Ltap>Hold (Back First)>Ltap>hold (Uppercut), Hold (Haymaker) or use the same combo if your next target is further and you need to lunge to them. Only reason being, you are limited with power. Try that for now and see if you could get the hang of it. Ofcourse, a troller would be providing you with some power. But since you are at T1 level, you have to gain gear to increase your power to be able to use more power in your cycle.
  16. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

Basically, things I already know about. Haha! Well, it would still be a great tip for anyone who stumbles upon the post.

My rotation is a little different though, in that I don't use Intimidation right after Napalm Grenade. NG's already fast, you see, so I don't really see a point in using Intimidation afterwards besides relying on its damage modifier. Instead, I follow it up quickly with Fear Gas or Cryo-foam. This is my usual AoE trick. Now the thing I found about Fear Gas is the fact that if my target dies too quickly, my Fear Gas will stop channeling (I don't jump cancel as channeling it would allow me to hit multiple opponents). This is the reason why I sometimes switch to Cryo-foam, which isn't a channeling effect.

Also, a trick I learned with Brawling is to not use any special attack at all, except for the occasional lunge. This will ensure me to get to a high number on the hit counter in the shortest amount of time (thus regenerate my power), while still being able to get near the opponent. Now using Intimidation with it will give me a bit of spike damage as well. Still, its only use is just to recover power when I'm pugging without a troller.
  17. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Like I said before, it was only limited to you being t1. I only shape everything towards the information you provided.
  18. OmegaWarlord New Player

Ok so after multiple attempts and failures at recording myself, I finally have a finished product. I didn't cover some things I meant too but if you ask I should be able to fill in the blanks. However if I'm not I'm gonna treat that case as a step towards learning the finer points of gadgets

19. TheDark Devoted Player

I'm going to watch it when I get a chance to see it on my PC (right now I'm on my phone). I'll be able to give you more feedback to tonight.
    I'll also send you a PM. Just to briefly get into what you can do at T4 and how to practice for it now. I don't want you being mislead on some info I've read in these threads about our powers and PIs.
    Fear not young one, I will make you OP.
  20. TheDark Devoted Player

Well I want you to know I was rooting for you towards the end.

It's important to know that raid load outs can and may be different than solo content load outs. I'm going to work with the load out you have in Damage stance. I'm glad you pointed out to yourself to switch from Control role. Solo content can be completed quicker in damage stance.

You're clever to use Taser Pull for what it does. A simple pull. Gauss Grenade is great burst attack. One thing though and it's up to you. Both already apply an electrified effect. Taser electries one and GG now does 2. So you would only need one if that is you're goal set up. Napalm Grenade (another burst attack but sets up burning directly) would work as your burst power clip. Now, I think you're using both as tools and I'm positive you specialize in the Traps tree so it's convenient to just have them both. If that's the case, stick with both in solo content.

Although you can have both foam and fear Gas I would recommend choosing one to make room for a shield. I noticed a few times that you could have saved yourself if you had at least one shield to mitigate damage. Don’t be afraid to use them. Distract (shield for 5 seconds, detaunts, and cost 250 power), Neural Neutralizer (shield for a minimum of 3 seconds, does damage similar to Gauss Grenade on 2 targets in the area before it splits but cost395), Energy Shield (cost350, provides a shield to yourself once your health falls below 35%, best to hit when you’re around 50% or if you see a mod coming down the hall) and there is Anesthetic supercharge (this cost 35% of your supercharge bar, this power will heal you = higher survivability). The strength of your shields is determined by 100% restoration and 100% Dom. Try to put it at least one of these and work on timing your cast of it. I think this alone should help out. I’ll try to explain how to choose between Foam and FG.

For Fg and Foam they are both good for different reasons. I noticed you took advantage of Fear Gas more often. Fear Gas is cheaper to cast(230). You can jump to cancel the animation. It was smart of you to use it to encase NPC’s so they wouldn’t attack you. Small things like that combined with shields delay damage dealt to you. You buy yourself time. CField inflicts frostbite on targets, hit FG to encase and CField’s damage over time will by pass the encasement. You could stand next to those targets to deal damage to them while using range attacks on targets that were close but not affected. Foam does more damage but cost 350. Especially on 2 targets. So if maintaining your power bar is what you also aim for choose the cheaper one. Both will do extra damage on electrified targets you used taser pull or GG on. They’ll inflict a burst explosive initial hit.

The one shield addition should do it. If you feel you need a second shield focus on removing either the supercharge or taser pull/GG. For Solo content try to split your load out up so you have 2 or 3 powers you have to deal damage with and the rest are for survival. Another strategy you could use is the Turret. The damage is ok. It’s not superb but I recommend it so that the NPC’s don’t always target you. If you have the turret, you can cast Distract if 4 NPCs are attacking you and they’ll stop to attack the turret briefly.

I don’t know much of the Dual Wield or Shield. I did ask a leaguemate of the some combo attacks that deal damage similar to 1 Hand’s spin chop. Dual Wield has a 6 tap hold (I think Dual Flurry) and Shield has the kick to the face combo. You may have been using the Dual Flurry combo but I don’t know what that is. All I can really say is practice to get the combo’s done as fast as possible. You mentioned MA and I’m sure there are weapon combo’s that deal high damage (perhaps smokebomb). As far as using your weapon goes, try to nail the combos down so you can do them often without messing up. Distract will shield you and you’ll have less interruptions with it. Aim for those combo’s that seem to hit multiple targets hard.

Just to point out something I noticed. If you decide to keep BB, next time try to boost Bunker Buster with a 45 or 50% modifier. Cast CryoField (if available) or Gauss Grenade first then cast Bunker Buster.
    This isn’t the end of the conversation. There maybe something I missed or you want me to go into more detail. Right now I just focused on your solo content load out. For anyything ask away.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.