The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDark Devoted Player

This guide is outdated as of July 26, 2017
    I was the author from December 2012 to July 2017.
    For an UPDATED Post Stats Revamp guide, visit Penryn's

[IMG]
    [IMG]

This Project's original creator was DeadPool5241. He managed the guide from August 2011 to June 2012. He then passed the project onto ShadyMilkman (June to Dec) of 2012. ShadyMilkman chose me to have the responsibility to manage the project and move it forward. Players that have contributed have their names in the proper sections.

*My Official Forums Guide Writer Retirement Notice*
    After close to 5 years, I will retire ALL my guides the latest on August of 2017. I'm a medical student, I have an internship & I have fitness hobbies. So my guide writing, teaching & testing time is very limited now. With the time I do have, I just spend it updating my toon & just playing the game.

I have fallen behind on major changes in the Stats Revamp for Gadgets & the new Controlling mechanics. So I will not be able to continue keeping this guide up to date & reliable once the Revamp hits live. Besides, after 4 1/2 years, there comes a point where I have to move on. I long fulfilled my responsibility to my predecessors.

Hopefully I will still play DCUO. But life will not allow me to devote research & testing time into the new era of the game's mechanics. My guides & knowledge will become irrelevant and fade into DCUO's history after this Revamp. In a Post Stats Revamp DCUO, knowledgeable players should be able to distinguish between exploits/cheats & legit practice/mechanics.

This thread will be locked when I officially retire it.

This thread contains information on Gadgets Damage and Controlling. The first page displays data on the power set as well as possible play styles for you to choose from. I recommend powers to have in a load out but the situation will always vary. This means from time to time you have to use different abilities and I can explain that to you in detail.

Gadgets DPS Advance Mechanic starts at the top of page 2. It includes a Video & text.

Gadgets is versatile. There are combinations of powers you can use if you adapt and understand their individual functions. Information is here to help you decide what to use on your own if you do not desire to post.

If you have read the guide and have any questions you can PM me or post in the thread. Posting in the thread will grant you an opportunity to get greater feedback. You'll get different perspectives doing so.

This thread is also OPEN to discussion on ANY and ALL things Gadgets. If you have a load out and rotation you'd like to share, a theory, or new trick you want to talk about/question/learn then feel free to post. By centralizing the Gadgets topic in here we have a better opportunity to learn from each other.

However, do not post exploits from within the mechanics in full detail in text or video. It's against forum policy.

If you disagree with someone, explain why and back up your input with your experience, numbers, logic and have a civil debate.

There is also a Controller Guide in here. It is a combination of knowledge gathered by Gadget players since the beginning of the game. These Controllers were the best and most engaged players to ever grace the game. The information is unbiased and explains every approach to the handling of the PoT mechanics and Controller play styles.

Below is a video designed for new players to the Gadgets Controller role. It's a quick basics to get you started playing right away.
    If you have any questions about the Controller role or how to operate it feel free to ask in this guide or PM me.

This guide IS a guide. It's here to explain to you how our powers work. This thread is to educate you on this power set and it does not post "HAVE TO" load outs on the first page.

[IMG]

The second unbiased resource on the web.

• Like x 30
  2. TheDark Devoted Player

Sticky Bomb
    Intimidation
    Suppressor Turret
    Distract
    Asphyxiation Gas
    Stasis Field
    Napalm Grenade
    Anesthetic
    Photon Blast
    Taser Pull
    Fear Gas
    Defibrillator
    Stealth (Cuff'Em, Surprise Attack, Implosion Mine, Thermite Mine)
    Battle Display
    Gauss Grenade
    Cryo Foam
    Paralyzing Dart
    Cryo Field
    Battery (Blue Bar Healer)
    Power Interaction Controller
    Will Power
    Dealing with a Tank
    Controlling & Aggro
    Power Over Time
    PoT Optimization
    Powering the Team
    Traditional Level PoT
    Advanced Level PoT
    Weapon Tier Chart
    How to Give Power
    Sticky Bomb/Taser Pull
    Defibrillator
    Word of Power
    Speed Drain
    Vacuum Bubble
    BackFlip
    Battle Drone
    Vitalization Trinkets
    Supply Drops
    Vitalization & PoT Tick Table
    Defense
    Damage
    Health
    Modifiers
    Source
    Damage Over Time vs Burst
    Base Damage Numbers
    Power Interactions
    Range

Page 2
    Battle Awareness
    Power Interaction Mechanic
    Videos of the AM
    Damage Power Consumption
    Team Player
    What you can clip with?
    Examples of Clipping/Animation Canceling
    Melee Weapon Buffs
    Weapon Mastery Buffs
    Advance Mechanic Buffs
    Shield Consumables
    Damage Modding
    Controller Modding

• Like x 7
  3. TheDark Devoted Player

Power Costs
    As you receive higher item level gear (including weapons, rings, neck and utility belt), each piece will increase your power costs.

THE DEVICES TREE
    Specializing in this tree grants +1% critical attack chance and +35 power. In Controller role you gain 350 Vitalization. Dominance is increased by 100% and the strength of all Controller effects is significantly magnified.
    [IMG]

Sticky Bomb
    • [IMG]
    • Base Power Cost 250
    • Deploys a device that sticks to surfaces and detonates
    • [Power Interactions] Sets up Dazed effects on 8 enemies for 15 seconds
    • [IMG]
    • Far range (25 meters
    • [Control Role] Restores power to all group members over time (25 seconds). This is one of your Power Over Time abilities
    • [Control Data] Will stun one target
    • [IMG]
    • After bomb detonates, deals 4 knock downs per tick on 8 targets in the 360 degree AoE
    • [IMG]
    • [Damage Role] Battle Awareness causes enemies to restore power; Increases all damage by 35% until the hit counter resets
    • Can be used for 3PI Advanced Interaction
    • [Damage Data] Damage Over Time Type
      • Applies 4 ticks
      • Low Base Tick of 7
      • High Base Tick of 11
      • Lowest Total Base Damage of 28
      • Highest Total Base Damage of 44
      • Hits 8 targets and splits on 3+ targets
      • Total time from cast & damage hits is about 3.4 seconds
      • Damage registers for 2 seconds after a 1 second animation throw & possible stun
      • On encasements, this power will register 1 tick of damage on the target inside
    • [Tips and Tricks] Aside from being one of your PoT powers, Sticky Bomb is a cheap 8 target crowd control ability. Best used in multi target groups as a WM combo finisher for high crit damage on all 4 ticks.

Intimidation
    [IMG]
    • Base Power Cost 250
    • Cool Down of 12 seconds
    • Empowers your attacks to cause additional damage and force enemies to cower in fear
    • [Damage Role] Increases all damage by 35% until the hit counter resets
    • [Damage Data] Self Buff & Damage Over Time
      • Single Target
      • Total of 7 random PROCs (more/less are possible)
      • PROCs are chances to deal yellow (might) damage
      • Low Base Damage of 17
      • High Base Damage of 26
      • Total Low Base Damage with 7 PROCs is 119
      • Total High Base Damage with 7 PROCs is 182
      • Your total damage will vary depending on how often you PROC with your weapon & powers
    • When used while Battle Display's Battle Awareness is active, you active a Damage Over Time from Intimidation after using EMP or Paralyzing Dart. This also works in Controller role with Battle Display up.
      • DoT is Multi target
      • You still have a chance to PROC while Intimidation is on cool down but the PROC remains single target
      • Total of 14 DoT Ticks
        • Low Base Tick of 6
        • High Base Tick of 10
        • Total Low Base DoT Damage of 84
        • Total High Base DoT Damage of 140
    • When using Intimidation with EMP, you register Intimidation's DoT damage at the same distance as EMP's damage which is 12.5 meters.
    • [IMG]
    • When used with Paralyzing Dart, Intimidation's DoT will register at the same distance as PDart which is 25 meters.
    • Certain powers, not weapons, that can bypass encasements for damage have a chance to PROC INT on the encased target
    • [Tips and Tricks] When active, it deals damage along with your weapon as you regenerate power. Has a chance to PROC off the initial hit of most offensive powers like DoTs. But damage over time ticks don't set off the procedure of yellow damage for Intimidation.
    • As long as Intimidation is on cool down, it has a chance to PROC. Intimidation, a personal attack buff, can cancel out a power used before it, and can be cancelled out by another self buff like a trinket, Defib, cola, or power like Distract. This allows the power to still work but it cuts the animation.
    • For more info on Intimidation with the Advance Mechanic click here.
    Suppressor Turret
    [IMG]
    • Base Power Cost 325
    • Cool Down: 6 seconds
    • Pet
      • Pets, including health & damage, scale with Combat Rating
      • [IMG]
    • Hold the Suppressor Turret button in your load out for 3 seconds to banish it
    • [Power Interactions] Inflicts burning, frostbite, electrifies and encases
    • Speccing into this power will unlock the Self-Destruct Signal
      • Self Destruct cost 0 power
      • Activating the Self-Destruct Signal will destroy nearby
        • Thermite Mines
        • Implosion Mines
        • the Suppressor Turret
        • the Decoy itself
      • You can use the Self-Destruct Signal to clip any power
    • Attacks from this power can bypass encasements
    • Melee or Range attacks depend on where you stand when you summon it and attack
    • [Damage Data] The turret's Self-Destruct deals 3 ticks of damage to nearby enemies per cast
      • In Damage role, it will focus on Grenades and Flamethrower for damage and burning
      • Pet damage produces orange numbers. This includes the damage you see when you use Self Destruct.
    • [Control Data] Provides encasement's through its own cast of Stasis Field
      • It sets up direct burning through its Flamethrower
      • It inflicts electrified effects through a Taser Pull and stun attacks
      • Inflicts frostbite through Ice Grenades
      • The Turret also helps in auto pilot crowd controlling
    • Click HERE for info on Turret at Cr 102
    • Click HERE for post GU37 performance of Turret
    • Click HERE for info on CR 111 Turret
    • [Tips and Tricks] Powers from healers can heal your Turret. It sets up PI's at no power cost. The Turret's flamethrower provides burning which can be followed by Fear Gas, CFoam or CField for an explosion.
    • The Turret clips animations
    • Although it deals weak damage in total compared to other pets, the auto crowd control & PI set ups can still be useful
    • Robot Sidekick deals greater damage than our Turret
    • You can have both the Turret, the Decoy and Battle Drone up at the same time
    • Like x 7
  4. TheDark Devoted Player

Holographic Decoy
    [IMG]
    • Base Power Cost 250
      • T6 IL94 = 540 Power
    • Cool Down: 30 seconds
    • The Decoy exists for 16 seconds
    • Pet
      • Pets, including health & damage, scale with Combat Rating
    • Stuns enemies while creating a holographic decoy to alleviate some of your incoming damage and to taunt enemies
    • [IMG]
    • Speccing into this power will unlock the Self-Destruct Signal
      • Self Destruct cost 0 power
      • Activating the Self-Destruct Signal will destroy nearby
        • Thermite Mines
        • Implosion Mines
        • the Suppressor Turret
        • the Decoy itself
      • You can use the Self-Destruct Signal to clip any power
    • This power transfers 25% of incoming damage from you to the decoy (damage absorption)
    • It can Taunt (aggro) enemies in mid range
      • Taunts every 5 seconds while Decoy's up (3 Taunts total)
      • When Decoy's 16 seconds are over, the taunt on the NPC expires immediately
    • [Damage Data] Self-Destruct on Decoy deals 3 ticks of damage per Self Destruct cast
      • Pet damage produces orange numbers. This includes the damage you see when you use Self Destruct.
    • This power does produce real damage but also registers "fake damage" on the scoreboard with gray numbers
    • [Control Data] On cast, it stuns 8 targets in mid range 360 Area of Effect then taunts
      • After casting Decoy, you can cast Self Destruct for a second control effect
        • The second effect will juggle and knock down up to 8 NPCs in it's range
    • [Tips and Tricks] You can use this in PVP or PVE to mitigate damage. If you're over run with NPC's and the Decoy is up just cast Distract to drop aggro. The NPC's will target the Decoy.
    • If you're going to use both the Turret and Decoy: You can activate your pets smoothly by casting the Decoy first then clip with the Turret. The Turret has a cast bar and clips animations. The Decoy does not have a cast bar and cannot clip animations.

Distract
    [IMG]
    • Base Power Cost 250
      • T6 IL94 = 540 Power
    • Cool Down: 20 seconds
    • [Usable While Controlled] Deploys a smoke bomb cloaking you from enemies until you are damaged or move, prevents damage for a short time and compels enemies to seek targets other than you
    • [IMG]
    • Shields you for 5 seconds unless the shield is destroyed
      • The formula for the shield strength is based on 10 (base) + 100% of your restoration & 100% of your dominance
    • This power Detaunts (drops aggro) NPC's targeted on you when you cast it. It does not prevent any new aggro.
    • While flashing white you are immune for 5 seconds to control effects. This applies to your breakout ability or breakout trinkets.
    • [IMG]
    • [Control Data] You can pick up fallen teammates in any stance with this power, but the shield is stronger in Control stance
    • [Damage Role] Battle Awareness causes enemies to restore power; Increases all damage by 35% until the hit counter resets
    • Advanced Interaction PDart & EMP deal heavy damage when immediately used after Distract
      • You can no longer clip EMP/PDart with Distract and register heavy damage
    • [Tips and Tricks] This power stops all forms of control effects from enemies for 5 seconds. This power is great for duels, PvP and PvE. For PvE this can be used to activate switches or pick up fallen players without taking damage.
    • In PvP, you can use this to quickly pick yourself up after you've been countered.
    • If a boss is going to do a major attack, cast this to mitigate damage. If you melee dps, this is one shield you can benefit from.
    • This power detaunts NPC's currently targeted on you. It doesn't detaunt new NPCs. If you're alone there won't be anything for the NPC's to target. They will continue to attack you after a brief pause. Try popping a pet trinket or pet power (turret or decoy) then cast Distract so the NPC's target your pet.

Asphyxiation Gas
    [IMG]
    • 50% Super Charge Cost
    • [Usable While Controlled] Inflicts heavy damage on enemies as they choke and cough
    • Far Range
    • Large AoE (a little bigger than Quantum's Gravity Well)
    • [IMG]
      [IMG]
    • [Control Data] Will stun 8 targets
      • Applies 5 ticks
      • Low Base Tick of 34
      • High Base Tick of 39
      • Lowest Total Base Damage of 170
      • Highest Total Base Damage of 195
        • Hits a total of 20 targets
    • Attacks from this power hit the encasement and target inside
    • [Tips and Tricks] With every SC, you need to cast a high damage modifier before using it. Boosting it with a Supply Drop will also increase your damage by another 50%.
    • Like x 6
  5. TheDark Devoted Player

Vortex Cannon
    [IMG]
    • Base Power Cost 300
    • Assaults the sense with a vortex of air, light, and sound to damage your enemies, knock them back, root and stun them
    • [Power Interactions] Dazes enemies for 15 seconds per hit.
      • VC also benefits from additional damage on Dazed foes
      • [IMG]
      • Dazes up to 8+ enemies in it's cone AoE
    • Mid Range
    • [IMG]
    • Has a cone Area of Effect
    • [Control Role] Reduces the targets damage output by 7%
      • Also removes the damage modifier buff from the Damagers in PvP
    • [Control Data] Applies the damage debuff on 1 target per hit
      • Deals a knock down then stun on 4 targets
      • [IMG]
    • [Damage Role] Battle Awareness causes enemies to restore power; Increases all damage by 45% until the hit counter resets
      • Knockdown distance is reduced in Damage role
      • [IMG]
    • [Damage Data] Burst Type
      • Low Base Hit of 32
      • High Base Hit of 40
      • On Dazed targets, Low Base Hit of 48
      • On Dazed targets, High Base Hit of 60
        • Damages 8 targets and splits damage on 3+ targets
    • Attacks from this power hit the encasement only and not the target inside
    • [Tips and Tricks] You can use this ability to push enemies away from you. A place where it can be helpful is on the gold and red sentries in FOS 3 & Manhunters in Assault & Battery. This power works well to set up Dazed PI for Neural Neutralizer since those powers are melee to mid range. Using Dazing Device consumables, or another Vortex attack, will boost this power's damage.

Stasis Field
    [IMG]
    • Base Power Cost 300
    • Encases an enemy within a force field
    • [Power Interactions] Sets up Crushed effects
      • Ice and Mental benefit from the ability to blow up encasement's for additional damage
      • [IMG] Few powers blow up encasements for additional damage
      • [IMG] Crushed effects look like short wavelengths
    • Far range (25 meters)
    • [Control Role] Reduces enemy defense by 33% & reduces NPC damage mitigation from 15% to 10% in PvE.
      • Reduces player toughness by 3797 in PvP arenas
    • [Control Data] Applies the defense debuff to one target
      • Will encase 2 targets
      • It will damage up to 8 targets
      • Gravity Well size AoE
      • Applies Crushed PI on 2 targets
    • [Encasements] Hitting the encasement will cause it to break early
      • 3 to 4 hits will break the encasement
      • NPC's will remain trapped the full duration (15+ seconds) if they are not hit unless they are programmed to breakout
    • [Damage Role] Battle Awareness causes enemies to restore power; Increases all damage by 45% until the hit counter resets
    • [Damage Data]Damage Over Time Type
      • Applies an initial hit followed by 7 ticks of damage
      • Initial Hit, Low Base Hit of 20
      • Initial Hit, High Base Hit of 28
      • DoT Low Base Tick of 6
      • DoT High Base Tick of 10
      • Lowest Total Base Damage of 62
      • Highest Total Base Damage of 98
        • Hits only 1 target in Damage stance
    • [Encasements] Some powers can bypass the encasement to register damage on the target inside (GG,NG,NN,Turret,CFo,CFi,FG,EMP,PD)
    • Some powers can hit both the encasement and target inside (BD,BB,AG,Mines)
    • Some can only hit the encasement (VC, TP)
    • [Tips and tricks] If you have the correct amount of dominance you will encase NPCs. Even if you don't encase each target you will get 7 ticks of damage over time (DoT) to two targets. In Damage stance you damage only one target and it's much harder to encase with low dominance unless the NPC has low Will Power.

Napalm Grenade
    [IMG]
    • Base Power Cost 350
    • Bombs your target with explosive force to stun them and knock them down
    • [Power Interactions] Inflicts Burning on enemies to cause damage over time for 11 seconds
      • [IMG]
      • Applies Burning on 8 targets
    • Far range (25 meters)
    • Enemies within it's 360 AoE take damage
    • [IMG]
    • [Control Role] Reduces the target's ability to receive heals by 25% in PvP & PvE
    • [Control Data] Applies the healing debuff on 1 target
      • Deals a knock down then stun on 2 targets
    • [Damage Role] Battle Awareness causes enemies to restore power; Increases all damage by 50% until the hit counter resets
      • Low Base Hit of 32
      • High Base Hit of 42
      • On Frostbitten or Electrified targets, Low Base Hit of 48
      • On Frostbitten or Electrified targets, Burst High Base Hit of 60
        • This power will hit a maximum of 8 targets and splits on 3+ targets
    • Applies 11 ticks of Burning damage over time after the initial burst hit
      • Burning has a base of 1 to 2 damage
      • Total damage off Burning is 11 to 22 damage
    • The burst attack and burning DoT register on the target inside encasements
    • [Tips and Tricks] Napalm Grenade is a burst attack. Not a DoT. The Burning DoT is now shared with other powersets and does not overwrite. This power is great for setting up burning PI on grouped enemies so Fear gas, CryoFoam or Cryofield can deal Explosive damage. Napalm's radius is a little bigger than Gauss. Burning can be used to help Fire players.
    • May sometimes miss a fast moving target
    • Like x 7
  6. TheDark Devoted Player

EMP
    [IMG]
    • Base Power Cost 350
    • [Weapon Mastery Crit Excluded]
    • [Vulnerable to Interrupt] Activate an electromagnetic pulse bomb, stunning and damaging nearby enemies
    • Mid Range
    • [IMG]
    • [Control Data] Stuns 4 targets in a 360 degree Area of Effect
      • Range of the stun matches the range of the damage
      • Farthest you can be is 12.5 to 13 meters
    • [IMG]
    • [IMG]
    • [Damage Role] Battle Awareness causes enemies to restore power; Increases all damage by 50% until the hit counter resets
      • Stuns 2 targets
      • Damage registers 1.5 seconds after cast
      • Dovetail is 1 second
      • Low Base Hit of 20
      • High Base Hit of 28
      • On Electrified targets, Low Base Hit of 30
      • On Electrified targets, High Base Hit of 42
    • Advanced Interaction Enemies take heavy damage when EMP is used immediately after unstealthing, using Distract, or applying 3 different powers with 3 different power interactions from CryoField, CryoFoam, Gauss, Napalm, Fear Gas, Stasis Field, Sticky Bomb, Taser Pull, or Vortex Cannon
    • When used while Battle Awareness (from Battle Display) is active & with Intimidation on cool down, EMP triggers Intimidation's AoE multi target Damage Over Time
    • AM Base Damage:
      • Melee Range Low hit of 405 (7 meters or less)
      • Melee Range High hit of 491 (7 meters or less)
      • Midrange Low hit of 345 (8 to 13 meters)
      • Midrange High hit of 416 (8 to 13 meters)
    • Attacks from this power register on the target inside encasements
    • [Tips and Tricks] This ability deals stronger damage than PDart because it is considered a melee & midrange power. Lack of mobility can be an issue but like NN and other powers, you can press jump and move while you are in animation.

Anesthetic
    [IMG]
    • 35% Super Charge Cost
    • [Usable While Controlled] Blocks damage, rapidly regenerates health, and protects against control effects for a short time
    • This is a breakout ability from control effects
    • Shields you for 2 seconds
    • Provides 7 ticks of health
      • Base heals are 37 to 45 health to you only
    • The amount of health restored, and brief shield strength, is determined by your Restoration & Dominance stats combined
    • [Tips and Tricks] Great power to have for duos with no healer and solo challenges/instances. I highly recommend this power for people leveling up or for Controllers who decide to solo content.

Photon Blast
    [IMG]
    • Base Power Cost 350
    • [Vulnerable to Interrupt] Bombards an enemy with a powerful ray to damage and stun them, causing additional damage to enemies under 35% health or below
    • [IMG]
    • Far range (25 meters)
    • Single Target
    • [Control Data] Stuns 1 target then stuns again
    • [Damage Role] Increases all damage by 50% until the hit counter resets
    • [Damage Data] Channel Beam
      • Deals 6 ticks total over 3 seconds
      • 4 ticks (ticks 1,2,3,& 5) of low damage
        • Base Tick 5 to 7 damage per tick
      • 2 ticks (ticks 4 & 6) deal medium damage
        • Base Tick 18 to 25 damage per tick
      • In total and on targets above 35% health, the damage is 56-78 damage
      • On targets at 35% health or below,
        • Photon will deal 4 ticks of low damage
          • Base of 12-15 damage per tick at under 7 meters, between 8 to 13m, & over 13 meters
        • 2 ticks of heavy damage
          • Base of 117-141 damage per tick under 7 meters (melee)
          • Base of 96-110 damage per tick between 8 to 13 meters (midrange)
          • Base of 81-94 damage per tick over 13 meters (far range)
      • The total possible damage range from Photon Blast at melee on targets at 35% health or below is 282-342
    • Damage does not hit encased targets
    • [Tips and Tricks] This power is a channel beam so you won't get all 6 ticks if you jump cancel this power. You must stay in animation to get the full 6 ticks. Using Empowered Channeling prevents you from being interrupted, and it increases your defense & toughness while PB is channeling. The "finisher" damage comes from the 2 ending big ticks.
    • Like x 10
  7. TheDark Devoted Player

THE TACTICS TREE
    Specializing in this tree grants +5% Critical Attack Damage and +1 Stealth. In Controller role you gain 350 Vitalization. Dominance is increased by 100% and the strength of all Controller effects is significantly magnified.

[IMG]

Taser Pull
    [IMG]
    • Base Power Cost 250
    • Throws a taser line around your target to stun and drag them toward you
    • Far range (25 meters)
    • [Power Interactions] Electrifies an enemy, making it vulnerable to electrified effects for 12 seconds
      • [IMG]
        • Blue electric sparks instead of Gauss' yellow
      • It will stun and electrify one target
    • [Control Role] Restores Power to group members over time
      • This is your second Power Over Time ability
    • [Control Data] This is a single target pull
      • [IMG]
      • Pull then Stun
      • Low Base Hit of 32
      • High Base Hit of 40
    • Attacks from this power hit the encasement only and not the target inside
    • [Tips and Tricks] One of the two PoT's available to Gadget Controllers. Great for pulling during the "the bridge" in FOS2, crabs during the second boss fight in FOS1, Manhunters in Assault & Battery or Vexors in Love & War.
    • Be careful to not spam this consecutively. Doing so delays the Pot tick for the entire group by another 5 seconds & leads toward no power for the group. Try to cast the Taser Pull when you see the Blue PoT numbers on your screen. They're above your head. Doing this keeps it synced. Essentially you'll be pulling every 5 seconds for a smooth PoT flow. If you need to cast TP consecutively, cast an instant power return supercharge like Word of Power for faster power recovery.
    • Jumping in the air, then casting Taser Pull up there will double your pull distance. The target will fly over your head and land on the exact opposite of where you pulled.
      • [IMG]

Fear Gas
    [IMG]
    • Base Power Cost 300
    • [Vulnerable to Interrupt] Sprays out fear gas to paralyze victims with Panic
    • [Power Interactions] Inflicts Burning on targets that are electrified to cause damage over time
      • [IMG]
      • Burning or Electrified enemies will take explosive damage
      • While Frostbitten enemies will be encased in ice cubes after using FG on them
      • [IMG]
    • Max Far Range (25 meters)
    • Enemies within it's 360 AoE take damage. Its AoE is as large as CFoam & Quantum's Gravity Well
    • [IMG]
    • [IMG]
    • [IMG]
    • [Control Data] Applies the Panic control effect on up to 8 targets in a 360 degree sphere AoE
      • The animation just appears as a cone
      • [IMG]
      • It will encase 2 targets in ice cubes if they are frostbitten by CryoFoam or CryoField
        • 3 targets can be encased in ice if the channeling continues
      • Inflicts Panic (helplessness). Mental deals additional damage on helpless enemies
      • [IMG]
        • Animation is a white small circle that grows to size shown then shrinks again
    • [Damage Role] Battle Awareness causes enemies to restore power; 35% modifier
      • Does NOT have to be jump cancelled in order to be part of the Advanced Mechanic PI setup
    • [Damage Data] Channeling Damage Over Time Type
      • Channeling last 2 seconds
      • Applies 11 ticks
      • Low Base Tick of 3
      • High Base Tick of 5
      • Total Low Base Damage of 33
      • Total High Base Damage of 55
        • Fear Gas will hit 8 opponents and splits on 3+ targets
        • If jump cancelled, you reduce the DoT to 7 ticks over 4.7 seconds
        • Depending on when you jump cancel, the # of ticks will vary between 7 to 11 ticks
          • This variation can cause your # of hits on a parse to vary
    • Inflicted Burning causes an additional 11 ticks of a base of 1 to 2 damage
      • Total base damage off Burning is 11 to 22 damage
    • Burning or Electrified Targets then FG will explode targets dealing 23 to 28 base burst damage
    • Continued channeling allows the AoE on your target to move with it. If it Panics, it causes it to spread damage on more targets
    • Damage does register on targets inside an encasement
    • [Tips and Tricks] In regards to the speed at which it applies Damage Over Time ticks, this is superior to Cryo Foam. To maximize damage potential in AoE situations, make sure you take advantage of Explosive damage dealt from FG on Electrified targets.
    • If you use FG with the Advance Mechanic, make sure you cast Gauss or Taser Pull first. Then you can use FG and get tagged. If CryoFoam is in your loadout, use Gauss first then FG second. CFoam can go first or last otherwise Foam can take the burning PI credit instead of FG.
    • Fear Gas' explosive damage is higher than CFoam's.

Defibrillator
    [IMG]
    • Base Power Cost 300
    • Cool Down: 1.5 seconds
    • This is an Instant Power Heal ability
      • Restores power to the 3 lowest powered members of the group. This does not include yourself.
    • Grants you a personal buff of 77 Might and 62 Precision for 6 seconds in either role each time you cast it. This buff does not stack.
    • [Control Data] It scales with your Vitalization
      • ((Vit*0.3) +300) / 3 players = Power Out
      • It can be used to give power in either role
    • [Damage Role] Increases all damage by 35% until the hit counter resets
    • [Tips and Tricks] This power can be used to clip powers and give you a buff for a short time in both roles. You can use this power to give power back in Damage stance but note that you will not give the team a significant amount of power back considering the Vit stats is very low in Damage role. That is unless you use a Hybrid build. For Controllers in high paced groups, clipping all your weapon combos and PoT/Debuffs with this allows you to power the team and deal extra damage/control if that is your approach.
    • Like x 9
  8. TheDark Devoted Player

Bunker Buster
    [IMG]
    • 50% super charge cost
    • Unleashes an inferno to incinerate enemies within the area
    • Far Range
    • [IMG]
    • Very Large AoE
    • [IMG][IMG]
    • [Control Data] Will suppress then root then stun your target followed by a knock down per tick of damage on 8+ targets in its 360 AoE
    • [Damage Data] Initial & Damage Over Time Type
      • Applies a strong initial hit followed by 4 ticks of damage
      • Initial Hit, Low Base of 91
      • Initial Hit, High Base of 108
      • DoT Low Base Tick of 32
      • DoT High Base Tick of 51
      • Lowest Total Base Damage of 219
      • Highest Total Base Damage of 312
        • Hits a total of 20 targets and splits on 2
    • This attack occurs over the course of 8 seconds with the initial hit occurring 2 seconds after you first cast Bunker.
    • Attacks from this power register on the encasement and target inside
    • [Tips and Tricks] Favored by most Gadget DPS. Its base damage far surpasses our Agas supercharge. You can boost it with a 50% modifier for higher damage. Boosting it with a Supply Drop will also increase your damage. The Supply Drop grants you another 50% boost. Like with other abilities, you do not benefit from a damage modifier if you use BB from Stealth.

Stealth
    [IMG]
    • 0 power
    • Cool Down: 30 seconds
    • Cloaks your movements in secrecy, enabling special sneak attacks
    • Debuffs you while in Stealth & removes Damage Modifiers and Controller bonuses
    • [IMG]
    • Not all powers are available in Stealth. This power renders you invisible
    • While in Stealth
      • Innates
        • 50 Dodge 2sec
        • 50 Evasion 2sec
        • 60% Critical Ability Attack Chance +0.5sec
        • 60% Critical Weapon Attack Chance +0.5sec
    • Advance Interaction PDart & EMP deal heavy damage when used coming out of Stealth because of the damage role modifier being granted in Damage stance. Although you can use PDart & EMP in Stealth, you do not benefit from modifiers in Stealth stance.
    • The following powers are available while in stealth mode ONLY and do not cost any power:
      • Cuff'Em: [Control Effect] Handcuffs the target with a stun
      • [IMG]
      • Surprise Attack: Delivers a Upper Cut Critical Attack
        • Breaks Stealth
        • [Control Effect] Deals a knock down
        • Small sample of base range damage is a low of 48 to a high of 50 damage
      • Implosion Mine: [Retains Stealth] [Control Effect] Deploys a mine that pulls then stuns on enemy contact
      • [IMG]
      • [IMG]
      • Thermite Mine: [Vulnerable to Interrupt] [Retains Stealth]Deploys a mine that explodes on enemy contact
        • Base Power Cost 250
        • [Control Effect] Deals a knock down
        • [IMG]
        • [Power Interactions] Inflicts Burning on enemies to cause damage over time for 11 seconds
        • [IMG]
        • Burst Type
        • Burst Low Base Damage of 20
        • Burst High Base Damage of 27
        • Melee range to cast and detonate
        • Thermite Mine can be useful in objective based PvP arenas or traps in open world PvP
    • Powers Available that Retain Stealth
      • Thermite Mine
      • Turret
      • Implosion Mine
      • Robot Sidekick
      • Hard Light Shield
      • Neo Venom Boost
      • Self Destruct
    • Stealth will be lost upon taking damage
    • [Tips and Tricks] A shield such as Distract can be used to help you transition into Stealth without taking damage or being controlled. Or take advantage of the Improved Stealth Home Turf white hand mod which protects you for 2.5 seconds from all enemy damage. That mod allows Stealth tohave a shield with a damage cap of 10,000.
    • Stealth can be a very useful power since it essentially gives you another loadout
      • Some players prefer to access Bunker Buster from Stealth

Battle Display
    [IMG]
    • Base Power Cost 275
    • [Usable While Controlled] [Vulnerable to Interrupt] Survey the battlefield for enemy weak points through a heads up display, and heal yourself over time in both roles
    • [IMG]
    • [IMG]
    • Heals you with 3 ticks over 3 seconds
      • With minimum stats of 740 Resto & 50 Dom, you will receive heals of 59 (low) to 80 (high) per tick
    • [Control Data] Because of higher stats on Dom & Restoration in this stance, you receive stronger heals
      • While in Controller role, with Battle Display up and Intimidation on cooldown you can use EMP or PDart and register trigger the Intimidation DoT.
    • [Damage Role] Activating the display grants you Battle Awareness; Increases all damage by 40% until the hit counter resets
    • This is a power interaction that allows specific abilities to refund power when used in DPS role
    • Lasts around 3.4 seconds after casting BD
    • [Tips and Tricks] This ability can be used to clip animations. It is available in your Stealth loadout & retains Stealth. You can also use it for minor heals, which you can spam & get power back as DPS, in content where there is no healer.
    • Like x 6
  9. TheDark Devoted Player

Battle Drone
    [IMG]
    • 35% Super Charge Cost
    • Power Over Time type supercharge
    • Pet
    • Cool down & Duration is 30 seconds
    • [IMG]
    • Will restore power back to your entire raid group provided they're in line of sight. You can move into their line of sight to give power at anytime
    • The Drone's power out scales with your Vitalization
    • Every 70 to 73 points in Vit increase the Drone tick by 1 point
      • At 0 Vit your Drone tick is 14
      • In Controller stance, your base Drone PoT is 18
    • The Drone delivers a burst blue heal on the 30th second or when it dies
      • The formula for finding your burst blue heal to all 8 members is ((YOUR VIT * 0.3) + 300)
    • It does stack with your normal Power Over Time cast
    • 2 Drones do not stack with each other. The last to cast gets the credit on the board
    • Pet health and damage scale with Combat Rating
    • For more info on the Drone and to view the Drone PoT tick table scroll down HERE
    • Damage Data
      • Click CR85
      • CR 111
        • Primary Attack deals 79 - 118
        • Missile Barrage deals 106 - 154
    • Attacks from this power register on the encasement and target inside
    • [Tips and Tricks] Has a decent amount of health and is pretty spammable at 35% cost. It is great when combined with another Controller who has Speed Drain/Word of Power/Group Shields/BackFlip for clutch situations. This power is ideal to compliment a team that already has power.
    • Although the burst blue heal on the final tick does restore power to the entire group, it is 30 seconds away unless the drone dies. If you seek to restore power immediately in high power consumption groups WoP or the Instant Power heal supercharges in the movement true will work better. You can use the Drone on groups with low to moderate power consumption.
    • BD does more damage than Turret in a 30 second time period

Gauss Grenade
    [IMG]
    • Base Power Cost 325
    • [Usable While Controlled] Zaps out a high-intensity electrical burst
    • [Power Interactions] Electrifies enemies, making them vulnerable to electrified effects for 12 seconds
      • [IMG]
      • Yellow electric sparks
      • Applies electrified effects on 8 NPC's in its 360 degree AoE
    • Far range (25 meters)
    • [Control Role] Reduces enemy defense by 33% & reduces NPC damage mitigation from 15% to 10% in PvE
      • Reduces player toughness by 3797 in PvP arenas
    • [Control Data] Applies defense debuff to one target
      • It will stun 2 targets
      • Low Base Hit of 32
      • High Base Hit of 40
      • On Frostbitten targets, Low Base Hit of 48
      • On Frostbitten targets, High Base Hit of 60
        • This power will hit a maximum of 8 targets & splits on 3+ targets
    • Enemies within it's 360 AoE take damage
    • [IMG]
    • Attacks from this power register on the target inside an encasement
    • [Tips and Tricks] GG can be used like Napalm Grenade in that it sets you up for explosive damage for Fear Gas, Cryo Foam, or Cryo Field. Gauss can be used in either role to set up electric PI for your electric healers or electric Damagers. GG's AoE is a little smaller than Napalms but as long as a minimum of 2 targets are hit, you'll net 2 targets worth of damage just like Napalm.
    • May sometimes miss a fast-moving target

Cryo-Foam
    [IMG]
    • Base Power Cost 350
      • T6 IL94 = 648 Power
    • Freezes an enemy in place with subzero foam
    • [Power Interactions] Inflicts Frostbite to make enemies vulnerable to freezing effects for 15 seconds
      • [IMG]
      • Foam and Ice root target. This animation will wear off before 15 seconds but frostbite will be active for 15 seconds
      • Inflicts Burning on targets that are electrified to cause damage over time
      • [IMG]
      • [IMG]
      • [IMG]
      • Restarts Burning DoT on targets already Burning
      • Inflicts Frostbitten effects on 4+ targets. More if they are closer
        • Frostbitten enemies may be rooted or encased
    • Enemies within it's 360 AoE take damage. It's AoE is as wide as Fear Gas.
    • [IMG]
    • [Control Role] Reduces the target's ability to receive heals by 25% in PvP & PvE
    • [Control Data] Applies the healing debuff to one target
      • Roots then Grounds 5 targets
      • Applies 8 ticks
      • Low Base Tick of 6
      • High Base Tick of 10
      • Total Low Base Damage of 48
      • Total High Base Damage of 80
        • Hits 8 enemies and splits on 3+ targets
    • Inflicted Burning causes an additional 11 ticks of 1 to 2 damage
    • Burning or Electrified Targets then CFo will explode them dealing 16 to 22 base burst damage
    • Damage registers inside encased targets
    • [Tips and Tricks] Like Neural Neutralizer, you can press jump to move around while in animation
    • This is a great ability to take advantage of when you're stacking DoT powers at far range or plan on setting up boosted PI damage for Gauss Grenade at far range.
    • Like x 12
  10. TheDark Devoted Player

Neural Neutralizer
    [IMG]
    • Base Power Cost 395
    • Cool Down: 9.5 seconds
    • [Usable While Controlled] Shorts out enemy brain function to cause heavy damage
    • Releases you from control effects
    • Shields you for 3 seconds unless the shield is destroyed.
    • The formula for the shield is based on 10 (base) + 100% of your restoration & 100% dominance
    • [IMG]
    • [IMG]
    • Melee to Mid range
    • [IMG]
    • 360 degree Area of Effect
    • [Control Data] Stuns 3 closest targets on burst attack
    • [Damage Role] Increases all damage by 50% until the hit counter resets
    • Damage Registers 1 second after cast
      • Low Base Hit of 32
      • High Base Hit of 40
      • With Dazed PI, Low Base Hit of 48
      • With Dazed PI, High Base Hit of 60
    • Attacks from this power register on the target inside an encasement for regular damage
    • [Tips and Tricks] Using Dazing Device consumables, or Vortex attack, will boost this power's base damage. Vortex Cannon and NN make for a good melee burst PI combo. NN's burst attack is now instant as opposed to the old NN where it set off 3 seconds after animation starts.
    • You can also press jump to move around while in animation
    • This power is great to mitigate damage as you melee DPS because of its shield. If you don't want to run with Distract (because it has no damage component), and want a shield and ability to release you from control effects, then NN is the choice.

Paralyzing Dart
    [IMG]
    • Base Power Cost 350
    • [Weapon Mastery Crit Excluded]
    • [Vulnerable to Interrupt] Throw a dart at your target, releasing a paralyzing toxin to damage and stun it and nearby enemies
    • [Control Role] Reduces the targets damage output by 7%
      • Also removes the damage modifier buff from Damagers in PvP
    • [Control Data] Will stun 8 targets
      • 360 degree Area of Effect (same size as Gravity Well from Quantum)
    • [IMG]
    • [IMG]
      • Low Base Hit of 32
      • High Base Hit of 40
      • With Dazed PI, Low Base Hit of 48
      • With Dazed PI, High Base Hit of 60
    • Advanced Interaction Enemies take heavy damage when PDart is used immediately after unstealthing, using Distract, or applying 3 different powers with 3 different power interactions from CryoField, CryoFoam, Gauss, Napalm, Fear Gas, Stasis Field, Sticky Bomb, Taser Pull, or Vortex Cannon.
    • When used while Battle Awareness (from Battle Display) is active & with Intimidation on cool down, PDart triggers Intimidation's AoE multi target Damage Over Time. This also works in Controller role.
    • AM Base Damage:
      • Melee & Midrange Range Low hit of 345 (13 meters or less)
      • Melee & Midrange High hit of 416 (13 meters or less)
      • Far Range Low hit of 264 (Over 13 meters)
      • Far Range High hit of 322 (Over 13 meters)
    • Attacks from this power register on the target inside encasements
    • [Tips and Tricks] Deals less damage than EMP because its max far range. This is a great 8 target stun power for Controlling.

Cryo-Field
    [IMG]
    • Base Power Cost 350
    • Cool Down: 15 seconds
    • Absorbs thermal energy to produce a freezing aura
    • [IMG]
    • [Power Interactions] Inflicts Frostbite to make enemies vulnerable to freezing effects that last 15 seconds
      • [IMG][IMG] Animation is cold air/cloud around your targets mid section
      • Inflicts Burning on targets that are electrified to cause damage over time
      • [IMG]
      • Frostbitten enemies can be encased
      • [IMG]
      • Applies frostbite as long as Field is up
    • 360 degree Area of Effect Aura
    • [Control Data] Applies a stun on 2 targets on cast only
      • Field to Foam does not cause ice encasements
    • Melee to Mid Range
    • [IMG]
    • Applies an initial hit followed by 14 ticks
      • Initial Low Base Hit of 11
      • Initial High Base Hit of 15
      • DoT Low Base Tick of 6
      • DoT High Base Tick of 10
      • Lowest Total Base Damage of 95
      • Highest Total Base Damage of 155
        • Hits 8 enemies and splits on 3+ targets
    • Inflicted Burning causes an additional 11 ticks of 1 to 2 damage
    • Burning or Electrified Targets then CFi will explode them dealing a knockback effect but delivers the same initial tick of 11 to 15 damage
    • Attacks from this power bypass the encasement(s) and damage the target inside
    • [Tips and Tricks] This power used to be favored by melee DPS. Provides a constant Damage Over Time while active near a target. Good for PvP use since most of the time there is very little distance between players. Think of this as our own smaller and portable version of Sorcery's Circle of Destiny or Fire's Inferno.
    • Using the DoT from Intimidation is a practical replacement for this ability now considering the DoT from Intimidation has the same base damage as CField. The other benefit is that Intimidation also deals PROC damage and the DoT can be used from anyway EMP/PDart register damage.
    • Like x 7
  11. TheDark Devoted Player

VARIOUS GADGET BUILDS
    Battery (Blue Bar Healer)
    The playstyle's goal is to only pump power to the team and focus less on controlling/debuffing/damaging NPCs. This is the easiest interpretation of the role. You simply heal blue bars via PoT, Defib, Battle Drone, or other supercharges/Suppy Drops.

Learn to take advantage of the

Double tick
    Power return supercharges (know when & where to use them)
    Supply Drops (having your team cycling them works well)
    Trinkets (cycling more than 1 trinket is beneficial)
    Power affinities off of SPARC weapons or Replenishing Adapter (Home Turf weapon mod)

Using all of these will help you become a great Blue Bar healer. It is crucial Battery style Controllers understand you must regenerate your own power back through weapon combo use.

You do not necessarily need high Vitalization to be a Battery. Some just work on aiming for the highest PoT tick (Vit) possible so they can be in charge of PoT casting. Being in charge of PoT means nothing if you cannot keep Power Over Time active and Double Tick (especially in high power consumption groups)100% of the time. If you continuously let PoT (the green lightning bolt) drop, you failed. Be attentive and practice to guarantee a PoT is always up.

Using Vit & Power mods in your yellow slots allows you to access one extra power. The Tank Reserve Chest Home Turf mod increases your power pool by 875. This is enough for 1 extra power as well. Modding with pure Vit is also another good choice to obviously increase how much you regenerate off weapons combos and your PoT tick. Dual modding in your yellow slot will never make or break your performance. You do not need max Vit to play this game.

Click HERE for my Battery and normal Controller spec & build. You're welcomed to customize it to your preference.

PI Controller
    Power Interaction Controller's primarily work with all powersets that benefit off of PI's for extra damage or healing.

We set up encasement's for Ice and Mental users to blow up targets for added damage.
    We help Mental, Light, Earth & other Gadget players with added damage by setting up Dazed Pi.
    We can electrify targets for Electric healers who use ElectroBurst to increase the strength of their heals.
    We can also set up PI's for Sorcery, Quantum and other powersets with PI consumables available to everyone. You just need to have the plans equipped.

If you wish to preserve your power bar for other uses, you can still apply Pis via consumables alone. Ask your teammates if they prefer you initiate PIs for them. Not all players know how PIs work.

We can also interact with other powersets for added damage. Electrified, Dazed, Frostbitten or Burning targets set up by other players is step one. We can now go in and cause explosive damage or boost our burst base damage by 50% with the correct powers that follow.

Below is a chart on how PI Controllers can help the other power sets.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  12. TheDark Devoted Player

Crowd Controller & Control Effects
    We are the generals of the battlefield. We protect the healers, revive fallen players and save our tanks & teammates from beat downs with control effects on enemies. Control effects for us are labeled as stunned, rooted, knocke back/down, pulled, trapped, and panic in game. These effects are provided through our powers and weapons by default once you have reached the minimum amount of Dom for an instance. They also apply to NPCs with low Will Power.

Will Power is an invisible stat NPCs have. Your Dominance level will break a NPC's Will Power which allows you to control them. NPCs with low Will Power can be controlled by any role with low or no Dom levels. NPCs with high Will Power need you to reach the Suggested Amount of Dominance (found in the On Duty Menu) for the instance so you to control them.

You cannot turn this effect off because it is what you are designed to do. Every offensive thing you do controls naturally.

Please read the Dominance section below so you can dismiss myths about that stat.

There are 3 types of immunities NPC's can get from your actions. Immunity duration varies per NPC type.

Weapon immunity is due to NPCs who gain control immunity to control effects from weapons.

Power immunities is due to NPCs who gain control immunity to control effects from powers.

Combat immunity is due to NPCs who gain immunity to control effects and combat counters due to combat countering someone. This only applies to Bosses, Matches & SubBosses. Not all NPC's will gain immunity to control effects if you combat counter them.

The time you have available to control a NPC depends on their Breakout Profile. NPCs that have no Breakout Profile can be controlled for 15+ seconds & they do not breakout. Every instance has various types of NPCs. For more detail on Breakout Profiles, NPC types/ranks, & Will Power go here.

Some NPCs with Breakout Profiles (B.P.) can be controlled for 2 to 4 seconds once you've landed the first control effect. Throwing in weapon control effects can prolong their suppression (your overall controlling of them) on few NPCs.

Ultimately, NPCs with a B.P. will develop immunity. When this happens they begin to flash white. While flashing, your powers will not control again until they stop flashing. This varies per NPC type. Some immunities last 2 or 3 seconds. Some are 8 seconds if the NPC regularly breakouts on it's own (ex. Kandaq). The flashing means they are immune to all control effects. The same applies with weapon control effects.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Some NPCs completely ignore specifc control effects but they are vulnerable to others.

In FOS3, the Gold and Red sentries ignore control effects that apply STUN. But anything that deals a knock down or knock back, will control them. That applies to both powers and weapons. Cast a power control effect like Vortex Cannon or Stick Bomb to knock them down.

A majority of enemies in the game will develop immunity to both types (weapon and power CC) regardless when they are flashing.**

Control Effects (stuns, roots, levitation, & encasement) have a base time of 15 seconds. The rest is increased by 1 second every 500 Dom.

CC Controllers usually fall under the high damage controller because of the extent of powers used which do damage by default. Same applies to building up power with weapon combos.

Dealing with a Tank
    Ideally, let the tank physically pull NPCs into his/her tank zone first. If you cast a power to control first, the NPC (depending on its Breakout Profile) will have a limited amount of time for the Tank to organize them. Fast acting Tanks can physically pull & organize NPCs even if you land a control effect first. Slower Tanks will not catch the NPC while it is still vulnerable to control effects. This is why it's preferred to wait for the Tank. Obviously, fast pace groups moving faster than the Tank means you should adapt to the majority of the group.

When a NPC does become immune, neither you, the other Controller or Tank will be able to control them until they stop flashing. If you see them spamming power in an attempt to control the enemy, make them aware. Especially if they shift the blame to you.

If you do grant them power immunity, any power a player casts in Tank role will taunt. Just because the Tank cannot physically pull NPC's doesn't mean the NPC's are not targeted on the tank. He/She has the NPC's attention from close or far range.

If a NPC is in the radius of the Tank's taunt, after the target finishes their very short melee or range attack combo, the NPC will simply move towards, or range fire, the Tank. It may take more work but he/she has their aggro. A Tank's taunt is at the top of the hate table than any other roles' aggro.

If immunity does happen early, explain it to them if they give you a hard time. "You can still taunt, cast a power."

You must balance power out and controlling NPC's. Clipping with Defib helps.

When you set up Power Interactions for other players, your powers will control and may result in NPC immunity. You may apply PI's if your goal is to help players with heal or damage.

Your powers do multiple things at once. Once the Tank has the NPC's in his/her zone, you did your part. It's free for all for you. Tanks have the smallest power bar out of all the classes, a majority of their powers do not stun, and there is a reason why Tanks mainly block when they take in too much damage. Their capacity is limited.

Controlling & Aggro
    A Controller granting NPC's immunity does NOT reset aggro/taunt.

Ignore the fact the video is about disproving dom affecting aggro. Watch how the tank's power (which isn't a physical pull) taunts the NPC. The Controller applies the control effect of Panic. After the effect is over, their is no aggro reset on the NPC. Watch how the NPC targets, and moves towards the Tank. This is how a majority of melee NPCs act. The taunt lasts 12 seconds.

Some NPCs don't move towards the Tank. They just attack them at far range but can still be taunted. This means you can attack a NPC in the back attacking a team member. Tell the Tank to taunt them, & the NPC will focus the Tank.

If the Tank is the only player CCing, it is because the Controllers have no desire/need/realize how to control.
    However, 2 Controllers by design results in "crowd" controlling simply by casting PoT, a debuff, or regenerating power through weapon use. Controller powers (debuffs/PoT/PIs) and weapon regen combos can control multiple targets (up to 8), we have bigger power pools, we have shields to protect ourselves, and we can set up Power Interactions to help the teams performance. We are in a better position to control.
    • Like x 8
  13. TheDark Devoted Player

Stealth Gadgets
    Stealth can be used in both stances and can be a huge benefit to players in open world PvP phase. It is useful in objective arena's PvP (capture & hold nodes). Using a Home Turf hand mod will protect you from ALL damage for 2.5 seconds. Stealth is easy to use on PC as oppose to PS3 because of transformation lag. Stealth form can be buggy.

Stealth grants you a second or "back up" loadout especially for PvE.

Certain powers are available in Stealth. Not all powers are available in Stealth.

You also increase your chance to crit by 60% if you use an attack that is instant. If the green crosshairs under your nametag are up, it's active. This power renders you invisible.

Using PDart in Stealth grants you Advance Interaction buffed damage. You'll crit often. Stealth can boost EMP too from within the Stealth tray but you do not get a high damage modifier. It's recommended you use EMP just coming out of Stealth. Wait a second until you see the fire icon before you use EMP when you come out of Stealth via an attack or "Return to Normal."

While in Stealth
    Innates are 50 Dodge, 50 Evasion, 60% Critical Ability Attack Chance, and 60% Critical Weapon Attack Chance

Powers Available that Retain Stealth
    Thermite Mine, Sleep Dart, Implosion Mine, Phase Dodge, Robot Sidekick, Hard Light Shield, Neo Venom Boost and Self Destruct

Wise Words on Controlling
    These roles are not set in stone & can overlap.

It's important that despite which one you may put more concentration on that you learn to regenerate power independently. You must know how to power a raid group by yourself if you want to be a great Battery Controller. You can control, deal damage, power dump or set up power interactions as much as you'd like as long as you're not becoming a strain on the team or the other Controller. Allowing the minimum of the 2nd Tier of weapon combo (blue weapon numbers on the HIT combo meter) to be reached before you go back to using powers works very well.

If you have a quick weapon combo building (like Brawling into Martial Arts), then you can afford to enter the 3rd tier (orange "incredible"). The higher the tiers you reach, the more power you regenerate to yourself. More on power regeneration here.

Strictly "bouncing" power back and forth between you and the other Controller only works if the pace of the raid is very fast and very short battles. In prolonged fights, you WILL run out of power just "bouncing" Defibs. Defib cost more power than you can restore off of your blue heals. No amount of Vit in game will match or surpass it to make strict "bouncing" viable in a prolonged battle.

Also, you cannot direct to whom the blue heal goes to. Defib goes to the 3 least powered members only. You being one of the 3 in a group of 8 doesn't exactly make sense if you're designed to regen power at a greater capacity than the other roles.

A balance of all approaches is the key keeping yourself interested in the role. Another key is to adapt. If you PUG (Pick Up Group) often, adapting to the group will help. In fast pace raids with high power consumption and high Damage burn, consider clipping your weapon combos and Debuffs with Defib often. Defib will power heal, buff your damage, & by clipping you get back to your approach. Clip with Defib when you deem it's necessary to give power but don't do so to the point where you're just wasting your own power when everyone is full or near full.

Power bars do not have to be full 100% of the time. Around 70% is enough. In the middle of combat when most of the team is around half or 1/3, consider it a good time to clip constantly. Also, think about increasing your pace on the controller/keyboard with fast raid groups.

Consider CCing only if it's to keep the NPC's from leaving the DPS's Area of Effect attacks.

In a slow paced raid with low power consumption you'll most likely have the freedom to control more or deal more damage. If the pace is slow & there is no burn on NPCs from the DPS consider doing more damage but don't neglect power transfers. Damage comes from weapon combos, powers or Hybrid builds. Controllers can come second in damage because we DO NOT suffer a 25% damage penalty. If you are wearing Core Strength, Penetrating Strikes, Max Damage mod, and/or any other offensive Home Turf Mods, you will do more damage if you do more than spam Defib.
    • Like x 7
  14. TheDark Devoted Player

CONTROLLER GUIDE

POWER OVER TIME

As a Gadgets Controller the most important phrase you must learn is Power Over Time (POT).

One single cast of PoT last 25 seconds for a total of 6 PoT ticks every 5 seconds including the initial tick. The green lightning bolt must always be up. A good way to determine if all your teammates have PoT is to either ask, check the combat log, or watch as the blue PoT numbers appear. Everyone's power bar should increase at the same time. If a player's bar is static, or if they were just revived, cast PoT the next time you see the blue numbers to keep the tick's synced. Otherwise you will delay the ticks and postpone power to the entire group.

[IMG]

Gadgets Controller have two moves that activate P.O.T. They are Tazer Pull and Sticky Bomb. You only need one.
    You can read an indepth guide in Battery's How To Play Controller.

POT OPTIMIZATION
    By ShadyMilkman

Dark's Input - When Shady mentions a 4th PoT number, it's also referring to a 5th PoT number. It depends if you count your Double Tick as Tick zero for 4th PoT # or tick 1 for 5th PoT #.

Common Myth: You cannot cast your POT without ruining the POT cycle.....FALSE.

Before I really started to delve into it, I like most people thought that POT was based off of time with the equation looking something like this

Seconds: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 (Blue numbers represent POT ticks)

We all did our hardest to avoid casting our POT again as we all know that with each cast the POT was reset and you had to wait 5 seconds before another POT tick came up. So after some testing I discovered achieving efficient POT (not losing any time between ticks and achieving a Bonus/Zero/Double Tick) really doesn't have anything to do with the 25 second timer. The Double/Bonus Tick is based off the appearance of the blue numbers.

To achieve a Zero tick you DO NOT have to wait 20 seconds in between casting your POT moves. You simply have to see 4 POT blue numbers come off you head (not including the initial tick). If you include your initial cast you will have to wait 5 PoT ticks. Once you see the 4th POT blue number tick above your head you are ready for a double tick. Cast your PoT power (Sticky Bomb/Taser Pull) again.

My POT Rotation looks something like this when casting Sticky Bomb:

SB (initial tick) 0 1 2 3 4 5 SB 1 2 3 4 5 SB 1 2 3 4 5 SB 1 2 3 4 5 SB (Double Tick)
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21=Double Tick

POWERING THE TEAM
    Your vitalization does NOT directly feed the team power. Your PoT tick is what directly feeds the group.

The blue numbers that pop above your head indicate your Power Over Time tick (PoT). If you want to know a Controller's vitalization you do not have to ask. Keep an eye out for their PoT tick in the raid. If their PoT tick is higher than yours, their vitalization is higher than yours. Unless there is a difference of 40 to 50+ PoT ticks, it does not matter who casts PoT. Anything less than that is not significant over the course of the raid. High Vit does not make a player great. Your skill and understanding of the Controller mechanics is what will make you good.

With todays Weapon Mastery, power consumption overall is low. If power consumption is low throughout the raid, then even the 20 PoT tick difference does not matter.

If both you and the other Controller are within 30 Pot ticks, ask the better question. Can you consistently Double Tick? The player who does should cast PoT especially if the group uses alot of power.
    • Like x 6
  15. TheDark Devoted Player

THE DOUBLE TICK
    The Double Tick's definition is achieving a second PoT tick sooner (on the 20th second) while the current PoT cycle is still active. Although you can recast PoT for another Tick as early as the 19th second, you will not see a DT from that early cast. If you wait until the 20th second (5th blue number or 4th depending if you count your Double Tick as tick zero or 1), you can cast PoT right away for the Double Tick or you'll have a 1 to 4 seconds window where you can cast PoT anytime and have the PoT tick appear. After this, the PoT cycle goes back to normal until the next 20 seconds or 5th PoT number appear. It's the 4th PoT number if you count the Double tick as tick zero.

The Double Tick occurs when you cast your PoT power after the 20th second or when you see the 5th PoT tick show up (4th tick if you count the D.T. as zero!).

What you will see is not one blue number but two blue numbers.

Single PoT Tick
    [IMG]
    Double PoT Tick
    [IMG]

The first shows your normal and single PoT tick. The second picture shows what you would see after you cast your PoT power immediately for the Double Tick. As soon as you see the single tick, cast PoT QUICKLY. Doing this allows you to keep the PoT tick synced and you DO NOT delay the next tick. You can get the Double Tick off of the other Controller's PoT cycle.

Taking advantage of the Double tick allows you to get 2 PoT ticks in 1 second every 20 seconds to the ENTIRE team. Compliment this with Defib as a bonus. Using this mechanic is a great way to solo power a raid group and restore chucks of power to the team.

A Triple Tick does exist. It is the only time 2 Controller's PoT will stack. It occurs when both cast PoT in the Double tick window. But the window for the triple tick is very small. It's 1 second. Using the same tools listed above and communication works. You can use the Power Strategist Elite Affinity Mod to perform a solo Triple tick as well. Just make sure to use your actual PoT power with it and play as if you were Double Ticking. More info is in the video below!

One way to cast the Double Tick is by basing it off time. Cast your PoT power (Sticky Bomb/Taser Pull) on the 20th second. Then throw it every 20 seconds. An example is clipping Sticky Bomb with Distract. Distract last exactly 20 seconds. Once the cool down off Distract is clear, cast Sticky Bomb or Taser Pull again quickly and you'll get the Double Tick. I recommend using this if you're new because it's easy. After much devoted practice, you will subconsciously know when to cast PoT again. It will become muscle memory.

If you do not wish to use Distract as your timer (since it is a very useful power), you can use a stop watch or go to Loop Countdown. This site was shared with us by LePew. If you're on PS3 and have a computer near you, you can use this. Simply enter 20 seconds with the green keys on the site and click SET. When you are ready to first cast PoT, click START. It will count down and you will hear a beep. When you hear that beep, cast PoT. This loop is infinite as long as you keep it on "No Loop Limit." You'll free up your eyesight and rely on your hearing for the DT. Regardless of choice, it's all a great brain exercise.

Another way is to base the Double Tick off of the appearance of the blue numbers. Once you see the blue numbers for a fifth time, cast PoT. If you count the D.T. as zero, it's every 4th tick. You can also cast PoT every odd number if you think you'll lose track of what tick you're attack.

Third, develop a weapon and power rotation. Your rotation will change depending on what instance you're doing along with other factors. You can base your rotation every 5th, 10th, or 20th second. Casting PoT every other tick works well. This is completely up to you and what rotation you feel you're comfortable with. Keep in mind that your rotation can change often depending on the situation. Get an idea of how long it takes for you to throw a debuff (1 second), deal a weapon combo, or Defib time.

Watch the video below to learn how to do a double, triple and quadruple PoT tick!
    Everything is my own work & if you're going to reference the mechanic, include credit to me.

TRADITIONAL CAST OF POWER OVER TIME
    The player with the higher PoT tick (vitalization), or who can cast the Double Tick more often, only casts PoT. This limits the non-PoT Controller if he cannot use his/her trinkets and use Sticky Bomb to disable the NPC's.

If both Controllers are using this level, both should be debuffing high health NPC's, both control, both use their weapon to regenerate power to themselves and both use the Instant Power Heal/Power Transfer (Defib), & both revive fallen teammates.

Both Controllers doing this covers more ground and makes the job easier. The only difference is one is casting PoT.

*ADVANCED CAST OF POWER OVER TIME*
    Can 2 Controller cast PoT? Yes. Two PoT casts do not stack. Only one player will get the credit on the scorecard.

The credit is not the reason 2 players would cast. This is done to guarantee the green lightning bolt (PoT) never drops, and the team constantly gets the Double Tick or Triple Ticks.

You can get the Double Tick off your partner's PoT cycle. It's every appearance of the 5th tick that activates it. Not 20 consecutive seconds. It is also considered advanced because you basically understand when to cast PoT without ruining the cycle of power.

It's an approach 2 experienced controllers can take without having to worry about asking who is on PoT duty. If you're within 20 to 30 PoT ticks of eachother, you can take advantage of this. Both can also use this approach when they call out their trinket use so the highest PoT tick is up. Your PoT power sets up Pis & controls.

This is mostly used by experienced players as an instrument. Both PoT powers are very cheap to cast. Sticky Bomb is great to take advantage of for its ability to crowd control. Some players also use Taser Pull for obvious reasons. There are times when you must pull an NPC in order to progress, save someone, etc.

Be aware that only experienced and attentive Controllers can pull this off. You would have to cast your PoT power only when you see the blue numbers. Keep it synced to prevent a delay in ticks. You're not likely to do this with in a PUG. It requires you do it with a Controller who understands the PoT mechanics.

The players who say you can only have one Controller do PoT or can't do this are the ones who can't pull this off, don't completely understand the PoT mechanics or don't know about it. Practice and you can prove them wrong.
    • Like x 5
  16. TheDark Devoted Player

POWER REGENERATION AND THE HIT COMBO METER
    Aside from having Power Over Time up, using your weapon to build up your weapon combo meter is a second source of power for yourself. Do not simply play off PoT alone. That WILL limit how much power you restore to yourself AND your team.

Pay attention to the weapon combo meter underneath your target’s name tag. That indicates the tier you are in when regenerating power.

There are 4 tiers.

At 0 Vitalization:

Tier 1- Restores 10 Power & 2 Supercharge
    [IMG]
    Tier 2- Restores 12-13 Power & 3 Supercharge
    [IMG]
    Tier 3- Restores 15 Power & 3 to 4 Supercharge
    [IMG]
    Tier 4- Restores 20 Power & 4 Supercharge
    [IMG]

Vitalization increases power healing effects. 10 Vitalization = 1% power generation increase. With higher Vitalization, you will restore more power to yourself through weapon combos.

There are 9 ticks total. As soon as you start weapon use, the ticks begin. Enter a new tier and the 9 ticks refresh. They’ll give you 9 refreshed ticks scaling with the new tier you enter.
    [IMG]

After you hit Tier 4 (Superhuman) and the 9 ticks end, each hit will register 1 regen tick until you stop the Superhuman comboing.

Replenishing Adapter Home Turf Weapon Mod from your Base Dispenser allows your weapon attacks a chance to restore 1 burst power heal to yourself once every 60 seconds.

Weapon Combo Tier Chart
    [IMG]

HOW TO GIVE POWER
    Controller's recharge the team and disable enemies. Make sure your team has power via Power Over Time before you pursue your other duties.

Sticky Bomb/Taser Pull: These powers are known as your Power Over Time cast powers. This is your groups primary source of power. When PoT is active you will see a green lightning bolt underneath your nametag. To optimize your PoT read the section on Power Over Time optimization.
    The formula for PoT ticks is 70*(1+(Vit/1000)).

Defibrillator: This is your direct Instant Power Heal. This transfers a portion of your power to the 3 lowest powered group members only. It's not based on appearance of power bar but numerical placement of their power.
    The formula is ((Vit*0.3)+300) / 3 players = one Instant Power Heal.

Escalating Replenishing PROCs Home Turf Neck Mod increases your chance for a Power Crit by 3% for 6 seconds each time you Defib. This effects stacks up to 3 times giving you a 9% power crit chance within 6 seconds. Version V gives you 20 increased Vit.
    • Like x 6
  17. TheDark Devoted Player

HOW TO GIVE POWER Continued

Instant Power Heal Supercharges: These are 50% supercharges. They transfer amounts of burst power heals to your teammates. A series of ticks, similar to your instant power transfer (Defib), will occur in a short amount of time (5 to 6 seconds). During an emergency of low power, this is great to cast to help the group recover power quickly.

Word of Power is found in the Iconics tree. You can purchase with a Power Point. Burst blue heals occur 3 seconds after cast (you can clip the animation with Defib). It sets up an electric PI & stuns around you while giving small heals to the team. It gives 5 ticks of power and at 0 Vit, WoP gives 100 power back. It hits all 8 members.

Rather than use a Power Point, you can use a Skill Point and purchase this type of burst power heal supercharge in your Movement Tree. All 3 of the following give 6 ticks of power & a base Vit of 83 per tick. They reach all 8 members.

Speed Drain is found in the Speedster tree.

Vacuum Bubble is in the Flight & Skimming tree.

BackFlip in the Acrobats tree.

Battle Drone: This is a 35% supercharge that last 30 seconds. It does not stack with other Drones. This is a Power Over Time type supercharge with a burst blue heal occurring on the 30th second or when the Drone dies. The Drone PoT ticks scale with your Vitalization.

The chart below gives a rough idea of tier entrance.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Members not in group receive Drone Ticks but not the burst blue heal at the end. The equation to find your big blue heal is ((YOUR VIT * 0.3) + 300).

Vitalization Trinkets: These trinkets raise your Vitalization so you can regenerate more power to yourself via weapon combo use to indirectly feed the team. They also increase your PoT tick which directly feeds the team. Once you activate your trinket, the game registers it so you do not have to cast PoT again.

Pet trinkets, normal Vit boost trinkets, and the Central City Trinket do not share the same cool down. All can work in a Vit boost cycling blue bar healing approach.

[IMG]

Supply Drops: They're great to help the team recover power. Think of it as a third supercharge available every 5 minutes. Announce when you use it so the team is aware, and tell them your location in the room. You can attain this from DLC 7's base mainframe (Home Turf). Your teammates must run past or enter the Drops small AoE to receive health, power and a damage boost.

They cost Marks of Victory per month to maintain.
    Upgrade I & Upgrade II do not give power back.
    Boost cost 7 marks. It gives a burst power heal and 3 ticks of power. 2226 to 2754 for burst power followed by 3 ticks of 178 to 257 at CR 126.

Expanded Vitalization & PoT Tick Table
    Your PoT tick increases every 14 to 15 points in Vitalization.
    [IMG]
    The above was granted by Liam Solo.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  18. TheDark Devoted Player

DOMINANCE
    We are called CONTROLlers for a reason. The dominance stat was placed in our armor by the developers because we are suppose to physically control. When you select your role in game before you queue up for an instance, the game says "The Controller role is to disable enemies and help recharge the teammate power pools."

We are NOT designed to just do one thing. It takes more skill to perform multiple tasks than to just play one style. The content and your team will determine how in depth your controlling will be needed. The purpose of controlling is for the group to survive by you stopping damage from being dealt by NPCs. Tanks can also crowd control to some degree but they cannot stun. It's important you understand that a combination of Controllers and Tanks controlling benefits the team overall instead of relying the duty to any one player.

From Tunso (SOE Developer):
    "Dominance does two things. It affects how much damage is required to break a control effect and it also determines whether you can control a target at all in higher tiered areas. It doesn't have any affect on threat though.

The reason Dominance is useful for tanks is because enemies who are knocked down, stunned or being juggled can't attack back. Tanks with high enough Dominance [today it's because of shield strength and ability to heal] can take a lot less damage versus weaker "trash" (non-boss) type enemies by keeping them on their backs or otherwise helpless." [Controllers can naturally do this for tanks as well.]

Dominance is now useful for 4 things.

1. It is half of the formula that determines the strength of our shields. *The formula is 100% Dominance and 100% Restoration.*

2. It's the other half of the equation that determines the amount we can heal ourselves using the Anesthetic & Word of Power supercharge as well as Battle Display. *The formula is 100% Dominance and 100% Restoration.*

3. It determines whether your powers and weapon attacks will apply a control effect on a target provided you meet the suggested amount of Dom for the instance. The suggested amount of Dom is basically near or at the Will Power of most to all of the NPCs in that instance. Will Power is an unseen stat NPCs have. Enemies with low Will Power will be controlled by any role regardless of Dom.

4. Every 500 points of Dom will increase the power type control effect duration of a stun, root, levitation, or encasement by 1 second or 2 millisecond every 1 point of Dom. ONLY those power type control effects are affected. Not all. The base duration of stuns is 15 seconds.

Game Update 31:

"Dominance now increases the maximum possible duration of stuns, roots, levitations and encasements deployed from super powers at a rate of +1 second for every 500 Dominance (2 milliseconds per 1 point of Dominance)."

Game Update 24 made Dominance a factor in the healing equation:

Powers
    ·General
    oWhen healing is calculated, Dominance is now added directly to your Restoration and the two stats combined to determine the final value. Prior to this, heal abilities available to Tank and Controller power types scaled independently with both stats. Depending on how you are geared you may see either a small increase in amount healed or no change. This directly affects the following abilities: Envelop, Absorb Heat, Backdraft, Burning Determination, Burnout, Consume Objects, Fiery Weapon, Overheat, Stoke Flames, Eternal Flame, Reignition, Anesthetic, Hibernation, Ice Elemental, Word of Power, Restore, Triage, and Convalesce.

oThe following abilities are also affected when the Regenerative Shielding Mod is in use: Gemstone Shield, Flux, Energy Shield, Reflection, Hard Light Shield, Light Barrier, Telekinetic Shield, Swarm Shield, and Boon of Souls.

Dominance does NOT increase the length of time for ALL control effects. It does NOT increase the amount of time your debuff will last. It has NOTHING to do with attracting aggro or taunting. It NO longer affects how much damage is required to break a control effect. This was changed in game update 17.

Game Update 17:

o Control effects applied while in the Controller role no longer have a chance to break early due to damage.

Mepps (SOE Community Relations):
    "We haven't changed how Dom itself works. You still need your Dom higher than the NPC's Willpower for your stuns to work. Beyond that, in GU 17, your stuns will each have their own set duration, unaffected by stats."

Game Update 17 Dev Q&A on Mental and Gadgets:

Mepps: Is there anything else you want to tell players about the Mental changes?
    Spord: Well, this goes for Mental, Gadgets, and Light. We removed the ability for damage to break a stun or panic effect from most abilities. Now in PvE, when you stun enemies, you don't have to worry about your teammates negating your stun with AoEs. In PvP, this means you can stun someone and then continue to hit them, and they have to use Breakout. I think this helps Controllers earn their namesake a little bit more.

Game Update 17strengthened Controller shields:

Increased the amount of Damage Absorption based on Restoration to 100% (matching the amount from Dominance)

Keep in mind that regardless of how much Dominance you have some NPC’s (non-person/playable character) CANNOT be controlled. Some are programmed to resist control effects (BC2 Wing Armors). Others are programmed to be vulnerable to specific control effects (FOS2 bridge crystal part. The sentries can only be pulled). If an enemy is flashing and you can’t pull them or apply a CC effect it is because they have temporary power immunity. For more information on the power and weapon type immunities go to the Crowd Control topic. More info on CC effects on NPCs in some of the raids go HERE.

Unless you are looking to strengthen your shields or extend specific control effects for solo/duo/alert/operation content, you do not need high dominance. In raids, most NPC's breakout/become immune early which would render your high Dom approach in there useless. If you are not looking to waste a mod or invest skill points and just want a simple number to aim for, the magic number to go for is the suggested amount of Dominance. Dom will always increase as we get new raids.
    • Like x 7
  19. TheDark Devoted Player

THE DEBUFFS
    [IMG]

The duration of a debuff is 10 seconds.

Defense Debuff (Red Shield)
    This is your most commonly requested debuff and should be put on a boss at all times. Cast this debuff on NPC's that your team is focus firing. It will lower a NPC's defense by 33%. At the same time it lowers their damage prevention from the standard 15% to 10% while the debuff is active. Most NPCs have a standard 15% damage mitigation. You essentially pierce 5% of their armor. If players wear Penetrating Strikes, the targeted enemy prevents 6.67% damage. With 8 players focus firing damage to the debuffed target, this adds up to a lesser geared 9th member in the raid. From that point of view, consider this a group buff.

In PvP, it will remove 3797 Toughness on human players.

Powers: Gauss Grenade & Stasis Field

Damage Debuff (Red Cross Hair)
    This debuff is used to lower an enemy's total damage output. This debuff is also additive. It will decrease a NPC's damage output by 7%. When most NPCs gain a damage buff, their damage is only slightly increased. On some NPCs, it will also remove their damage buff entirely (Dr Light in Prison Break Elite & James in Desecrated Cathedral. Most one shots by a boss will always be a one shot. A reduction of 7% won't save you or your teammates from a 10,000 hit (depending on their health & Combat Rating). A Controller, Healer, or Damager won't see a significant difference in damage reduction by most enemies from this debuff in PVE. But a tank might just barely make it through an attack that is hitting for a high amount. If the tank requests it, apply it for them. Healer shields and other personal shields through powers or consumables provide greater protection from powerful damage. But you can use them and this debuff as a way to reduce damage taken.

In PvP, this removes the damage modifier buff from the DPS and reduces damage out by 7%.

Powers: Vortex Cannon & Paralyzing Dart

Healing Debuff (Red Heart)
    This will lower an enemies overall ability to receive heals (not common in PVE). This debuff is additive. It reduces a NPC's ability to receive heals by 25%. There are few instances in which this debuff may be helpful. You can use this in Inner Sanction on the second boss. He receives heals from Repair Bots. You can apply it on Brainiac in PBG to reduce heals coming into Brainaic from the healer drones. You can also use it in Paradox Wave against the Bosses that heal themselves. Keep it up at all times on them to get the most benefit.

Ultimately, if you're running a raid with strong Damagers/DPS you don't need this debuff because the NPC's will take more damage than their heals can recover.

In PvP, The healing debuff reduces heals IN to your opponent by 25%.

Powers: Napalm Grenade & Cryo-Foam

Debuffs regarding PvP from Tunso a SOE Developer:
    "You may actually decide to start putting something like Gag Glove Vortex Cannon/Sleep Dart or Cryokinesis on your bar for PvP. Right now the damage debuff lowers the final damage total by 7%. But for buffed characters in the damage role going from 150% to 143% isn't too big of a deal. But in GU 14, the damage debuff will strip away the Damage role buff taking the wind out of the DPS's sails. Note this is remove, not prevent so the DPS can recast a power to get the buff again."

Game Update 41 Notes on PvP changes.

To conclude on the Controlling topic, you can watch my Controller Role video guides starting with Basics 101 Part One below!
    • Like x 3
  20. TheDark Devoted Player

GADGETS DAMAGE
    Nearly ALL of the powers in the Gadgets Trees are viable. It is up to the player to make them work. Pick your style and approach then practice.

Modifiers
    Percent modifiers DO NOT stack. When you cast a percent modifier (35,45,50), it boosts your next attack by that amount. So if you start with a 50% (CryoField) and end with a 35% modifier (Intimidation) then go into weapon use, you have a 35% boost on your weapon damage.

Home Turf's Max Damage mod grants a flat 60% to every power used.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Source of Damage
    You deal damage in 3 ways.

Powers are might (yellow numbers)

Weapon is precision (white numbers)

Pet Damage deal is orange numbers. Pets scale with Combat Rating.

Dark colored numbers are not real damage.

Combining these can get you to net high damage. This allows you to alternate and adapt to the Controllers in your group as well as the content you are running. Some set ups take to long and damage via specific fast combo's, power or weapon, will register quickly on weak NPCs.

Some Gadget players are full Precision builds. This can work when relying on Weapon Mastery damage. The goal here is to set up Power Interactions for boosted damage on your WM finisher hit. Having a pet, like Robot Sidekick, with WM builds provides free damage. Cast your powers in the correct order for 50% PI boost in damage, take advantage of the high modifiers, then go weapons heavy to destroy targets.

Most of your damage is gathered from your weapon mastery combos. WM combos burst damage. The longer the combo, the more damage it deals. More on Weapon Mastery here.

Players also choose full Might. Our Advance Mechanic is might based. Unless you run with 2 devoted great Blue Bar healers, you can use Battle Awareness, which refunds power with certain abilities, to sustain your damage out via powers. For info on our Advanced Interaction Mechanic click here.

Intimidation's procedures of yellow might damage, Damage Over Time, and Burst attacks all benefit from might.
    With high might, Damage Over Time & Burst powers will benefit you. Stacking DoTs will melt your enemy’s life bar & are best used on NPCs with high health. Your Burst attacks will destroy low health NPCs which allow you to record damage faster on the scorecard.

Damage Over Time VS Burst Damage
    With Gadgets, you can deal damage through stacking various DoT’s, Burst Damage or a combination of both.

Damage Over Time powers tick for a certain amount. Stacking multiple DoT powers together on a target depletes their health much faster than allowing one DoT.

Some provide a strong initial hit then the DoT ticks kick in while others benefit from decent Explosive damage via Pi on the initial hit. Setting up the burning Power Interaction then a specific power applies Explosive damage on the first hit. An example is electrifying targets with Gauss Grenade then casting powers like Cryo-Foam, C-Field or Fear Gas. Each of those will deal Explosive damage as soon as you cast them on a burning or electrified target. Fear Gas is a channel attack that does Damage Over Time. You can stack DoTs like Cryo-Foam, Fear Gas, Stasis Field and Cryo-Field. DoT is always beneficial on targets with large amounts of health.

Sometimes it can take a while for your DoTs to kill an enemy so add weapon combo's to deal burst damage and decrease the enemy's health. Even might burst works. Be sure to let your DoTs run their full course of ticks before you cast them again. Otherwise you will restart your own DoTs and waste power. The same DoT powers do not stack with each other.

Burst Damage applies one quick strong hit. This type of hurting bomb can take a chunk of health off your enemy in one shot depending on their amount of health and your might level. You can then finish them off with weapon use, DoTs or another might burst. One of the reason’s players prefer Gadgets in PvP is because of our burst damage. It is rapid and is best used on trash and weak mobs with low health.

A combination of both works. Some prefer to stacking DoTs because of their high might. Others prefer Burst damage because they concentrate more on weapon use. Some find they can deal better damage by combining both types. Might benefits both DoT and Burst damage. A balance can help you when confronting both trash mobs and Bosses without changing up your loadout/mods/spec in the middle of the raid. A player’s play style, preference and theme factor in.

[IMG]

Base Numbers
    Below is information on the powers above with base damage numbers which I personally crunched with the help of the Drift & Ezekiel. The numbers have been updated with the current CR changes thanks for Shiny Mackerel for supplying me the formula. These numbers are also done by me.

Why did I use base numbers? Base numbers apply to everyone. It's the damage amount our powers deal at 0 might. It's easier for us to compare damage between our powers and choose what we want in our load out.

If you'd like to know your damage range at your Might level, find a sparring target. Then switch to Combat log in the chat box. Cast the power you want to test several times on the target until you see a consistent high number (maximum) and consistent low number (minimum). That will give you your range.

Base Damage Numbers Chart
    Areas with 2 numbers in them signify that there is low number and a high number. It doesn't mean you have to subtract. The "-" simply means anywhere from X to X.

KEY:
    Mod=Modifier P.I.=Power Interaction w/=with P=PROC
    DoT=Damage Over Time SC=Supercharge CB=Channel Beam

[IMG]

Burning Damage Over Time is the same DoT anyway you set it up.

The Power Interactions
    Below is data that will help you set up PI's for your DPS. It lets you know which power you have to cast first, second and possibly a third. I listed all the powers that grant a PI so you have a choice as to which one you want to use.

Remember, Gadgets causes one kind of burning. Our burning PI DoTs do not stack with each other.

[IMG]

Below is a chart on abilities that only increase your burst Pi damage range by 50%.

[IMG]

Below is a PI chart to various Interactions and Explosive Damage.

[IMG]

Range
    Below is a list of the powers we have in relation to how FAR they can be used. Far range powers can still be used on enemies in melee range. This is to let you know the maximum reach of a power.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.