The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thesteelshadow1 New Player

hi devil. i also have one id like to share. dont have a 131 so cant test it max damg but it seams good. also might take time get down. here goes roll forwards combo at end of roll tap bb gg tap bb fg ( not sure how range hits work on pc but on ps3 if fg on triangle tap triangle twice just as ur jump cancleing it fires another bb at around the same time fg goes off and let u start ur next combo. may have to ask a hl how they do there phantom triangle off fan.) back flip after fg once u land bb into cf/ intim roll forwards or back depending on placement then tap bb into gg/ pb if low or to get ticks off intim before it runs out. last spot on this could be sf/bb/or a sheild for them oh craps just took 10k to face moments in t5 ive been hearing about. anyway would love to hear what u came up with and like to hear what u guys think of mine. btw i had central city weapon in took around 13sec kill wt dummy. maybe faster but i dont u it very much anymore.
  2. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Hey just for clarification do you mean when lets say you go GG>Foam>FG you merely restart the burning PI because I thought their was a second small fast tick for the explosion damage... Or is that just part of the inital hit? We can stack multiple PI type DOTs such as burning>exploding/frostbitten>crushing if I remember correctly. I know your right about the not stacking on itself tho. Like reapplying cryofoam or feargas. Anyway i'mjust curious I've already changed my loadout and for now am going burst mainly with my dps GG>Cfield>DIS>Sonic Cry>INT>NN this probably isn't going to work for the t5 stuff but its fun for now and works in multiple situations. I'll probably switch once the T5 raids come out and adds are living longer.
  3. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Hey Dark i'm glowred from the old ps3 forums btw.
    • Like x 1
  4. TheDark Devoted Player

Hi glowred
    Yea when a target is electrified or burning, foam/fear gas activate an initial hit. That's the Pi initial hit explosion. Thats added damage. GG>cfoam>ff is fine because FG will set off the explosive hit on a target burning already due to GG>cfoam.

With the burning PI I'm saying it doesn't really matter if you're trying to get stronger DoTs up (from other powers) that happen to restart it on application. Someone going GG to cfoam then GG to fear gas is just wasting power on the cast of the second GG. They already have burning from GG to foam. They think GG to fear gas will activate a new and stackable burning DoT. It's better to just go GG to foam to fear gas. You'll get explosive PI damage for both foam and FG since a target is electried (for foam) then burning (for FG).

I haven't tried sonic cry in damage role. I have tried it in controller stance. I like the stun and push it does to 8 targets.
  5. TheDark Devoted Player

Cfoam is mid range. I mentioned above if I used it then it would be my only non far range power. Stacking DoTs might be a good idea but if I'm going to get destroyed everytime I'm new a boss or trash mob I don't think it's a good idea for me to risk casting mod range DoTs like FG and foam. This is all thought though. Just ideas being thrown around until the dlc goes live.
  6. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Copy that thats what I thought. Thanks for clearing that up tho. My mights not that high I've played since level 30 about 85% of the time in controller stance so I'm just now starting to mod my dps gear. When I was using it last night it worked pretty well on mobs of two or three adds after that it starting splitting damage fairly considerably(sonic cry)(I'll have to do some testing and see when it splits). I like the stun and slow tho and having a AoE move just to throw out there which when it crits was pretty decent burst damage. I'm sure this won't work for T5 i'll get obliterated! I'll probably do like you and go with high damage far range and grab my bow or rifle. I'm thinking NG SF DIS INT PB maybe Neo Venom boost since i'm more into modding my gear precision and getting to weapons. A side note with using Neo and Int is you have to cast Neo first then INT or else Neo won't register. SB may be a decent power to throw in to since its non divided it'll be situational but could fit or NN just for the shield. I haven't said it yet but great job with this guide!
    • Like x 1
  7. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

just checked page 1 and you did my homework for me(sonic cry splitting) so thanks man!

when you use it for controller stance do you sub it in and out for certain part cuz I was thinking of doing that like in gates at the beginning with the colossi having SB GG DF INT DIS WOP. Then in the hallway subbing INT and DIS for Foam and Sonic Cry then back for Circe. Just a guess on the best way to use it any advice would be welcomed. Thanks again!
  8. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

& how about using this loadout. Designed for weapon "Dual Pistol" specially. Generally it's full Gadgets dual spec loadout.
    For damage: Intim - Napalm - Cryo FOAM - Fear Gas - Turret - Bunker Buster
    For control: Sticky Bomb - Gauss - Vortex Cannon - Defib - Distract - Battle Drone
    Intim is main power for destroying bosses & other tough enemies. Napalm is excellent for setting 50% damage modifier & inflame all its targets. After that not very big 2-3 enemy bunches may be sprayed with FG (certainly jump cancelled: exploded, stunned, dot) or if there's 3-... enemies then i use Cryo Foam between Napalm & Fear Gas. It actually provides not splitable initial damage & dot ticks if used on Burning enemies, so i prefer Foam to Field - contrariwise field provides alot much more quantity of DoT ticks, but using on crowd damage is splitting. Also field throws away burning enemy making it not very suitable for fear gas. I think Field is more comfortable than Foam in boss fights, moreover it's more suitable for melee gadget users & dual pistol is ranged. Turret is another story. There's one way to make it alot stronger. I'll not tell you about it! But i say a hint - it will apply PI enemy alot more often. In boss fights - before that happens i use intim for damage buff & PROC'S. After that happens i quickly pour enemy with foam (45% modifier) then use BB (if necessarily). If i'm not going to BB i generally use FG to set 2-3 additional dots to an enemy.
    For controlling i use Battle Drone cuz in my CR there's many players that often keep their Power Bars (& if it will filled instantly they may waste it senseless). So i just deploy it & enjoy with quick appearing blue numbers. Vortex cannon actually can apply Stunning/Rooting for more than 3 enemies if last will enter its area when animation is not cancelled. Also it's damage debuff! Also Sticky Bomb is also very good for controlling although it spreads enemies away, what is not very good. What's Gauss for control role i think we don't need to explain. Defib & Distract - too.
    Then we leaving one Power Point after buying that. I've spent if for Wisdom of Solomon iconic innate - i think it's alot more useful than any other for both damage & control roles. One more tricks - although damage loadout is power expensive (so between battles while passing levels we may become out of energy) - actually damage/control powered are not very concerned with that. I repeating - DAMAGE/CONTROL POWERED. At last - we've spent for both tricks & traps tree both 7 points. Which bonus will be chosen. I tested & detected - always with equal numbers of spent points First at count (i.e. upper) tree has high priority. In this case it's TRAPS - so we got +5 Critical Attack Damage & +1 Stealth. That's all!
  9. TheDark Devoted Player

Yea I thought of using SB too. Sleep Dart and Sticky Bomb both has the same base damage range and are far range. Sleep Dart is single target but it's a 50% modifier. SB doesn't split last time I checked. I'll check again. It's been a while since I really looked at SB. Last time I checked it out was when they reduced it back to 4 ticks. Like you said, SB might be a good idea because of the AoE non split damage that can hit up to 3 to 5 NPCs. Only downer is its a 35er. Personally, I'm not a fan of Neo Venom Boost. It cost too much power.

Yea looked into Sonic Cry a few months back. I ran with it in Controller stance. I used SB, GG, Defib, Speed Drain, Distract/NN and the final slot was just Sonic Cry. When I was playing with it I kept it in my load out to find places where it might come in handy. The hallways and battle before 2nd boss was one of them. Anytime the healer(s) or myself were surrounded by NPCs I'd pop Sonic Cry, we'd move away and the tank would cast a power to gain their aggro when they break out. Then they would just move towards the tank themselves. I'd use it often if the tank was too slow to remove NPCs from the group or if I was in the back with a DPS who was working a combo. I also used it when NPC's were trying to escape the tank's hold. Sometimes NPC's get knocked back to far out or just target another player for whatever reason. basicly, anytime I was surrounded or just want to stun/damage targets.
  10. OmegaWarlord New Player

Ok so I completed the feat for buying all my gear from bizarro, but I'm not too happy because while i have better stats I can no longer do critical hits and if I can the numbers don't pop up in the orange cloud. I kinda feel dumb asking but could that be due to the fact I'm wearing all controller gear which I decided to purchase because I wanted to boost my Vit as much as possible
  11. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Nice thanks for the info, I think i'll give it a try in thereabouts the same regard. Its hard for me to not use GG and INT for my damage powers(troll stance) if the groups staying healthy i'll sometimes throw in foam but I wanna do a little more crowd control(at least in a larger field of area) so this helps alot.

Sleep dart will be nice for the 50% I just hate speccing down to get it and the last time I played with it its damage was kinda low(may be better now tho...) i'm not crazy for Neo either its damage is significantly lower than INT and cost more power and has a longer cooldown. Sounds like powers your thinking of using are GG NG SF PB INT DIS Sleep Dart, long range and should do good damage I'll try something similar... I can't use the same loadout for more than a week. I"m rambling again take care man.
  12. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

*Corrected NG to Cryo Foam below* I like your loadout and am not trying to suede you one way or the other this is just my preference since I'm not big on damage super charges especially since orbital strike came out. I'd rather have another option for my loadout that would work anytime. As for the turret its life has been nerfed and will die a lot more now(in raids and such) but its fun and draws some aggro so that's nice good for PI's. *deleted majority of 4 am wait for reset rambling* Lastly INT would probably be better used at the end of your rotation(you'll only have the 35% mod ) you'll likely get more PROCS this way since you'll be getting to your weapon then(and it won't tick of the DOT)

Thank you for the post about specializing. I think i'll try your loadout out vortex is great for CC DP is one of my favorite weapons. Thanks man take care.

*correction going NG to Foam will grant explosive damage*
  13. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

Since Gadgets have not encasement breaker, i don't use Stasis Field if you tell about it. Although my Mental loadout includes Thought Bubble, but only for reason of existence of resonating power. But i tell you a secret - stasis bubble periodically appeared on my enemies even i'm in solo. This is even sometimes prevent gas or foam attacks to them so it's slightly grief, although looks fun. Gauss IMO is absolutely not very good being Damage, cuz applying PI to one SINGLE target enemy is not serious against crowds & for bosses it too expensive & seems like burst capabilities losing. But however, it's just necessary for Control.
  14. TheDark Devoted Player

just a correction. GG will electrify 2 targets now. it used to only electrify one.
    When the goal is to activate an initial explosive PI hit on multiple targets (3 and more), Napalm is ideal. That's because it'll burn up to 5 to 6 NPC's in its AoE. Thats greater than GG's capability. Electrified or Burning targets set off the explosive damage.
  15. TheDark Devoted Player

You're still getting crits. The orange spike bubbles were removed to make the sreen less cluttered. The crits are included in your hits they just blend in with the white(precision) and yellow (might) numbers. If you switch to the combat log you'll be able to see crits too. It'll say something like "TheBlazingDragon's Sticky Bomb/Flurry Shot/w/e critically damaged SCU/sparring target for X amount."
    Keep in mind that if you respecced your skill points or didn't mod your crit sockets (and you did with your previous gear) on your new armour that might factor in too.
  16. thesteelshadow1 New Player

sb still doesnt split but like you said 35% is kind or hard to get past. you can throw it at almost the same speed gg and pop fg at melee rang pretty quick. i also found it didnt get a proc off intim and seamed to be caped at 250damg as i couldnt get a tick to hit any harder. may have to check into it more tonight as a op in a rang loadout.
  17. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Sorry I posted that super late and wasn't thinking straight wrote some stuff wrong. I made some corrections and deleted some stuff. I only meant to use SF in DPS when you likely won't get the encasement(DOT will still happen tho). That way you can stack more DOT since different types of PI's won't overwrite. Ya NG def does better damage with the DOTs(initial hit is fairly similar) GG will apply to two targets now but its still not the 5 NG will do. The Bubble probably came from the Turret. I like your idea of using foam to fear(slight CC with ice block) and it'll affect quite a few targets. Good for range and quick .
  18. TheDark Devoted Player

I'm going to play around with sticky bomb this weekend and look at the damage. One thing though about Sticky Bomb, like every other offensive power it too has a chance to activate a random procedure of might damage. You don't always get it. When you do, as soon as the bomb lands that's when it can activate. It's easy to tell right away because the PROC stuns in damage stance too and you see them stop.
  19. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

I think it is of the past but I believe a few DPS use SB as an initial attack. SB>GG>CF>Intim By the time you use CF, SB would explode 3 times with the PI Explosion and etc.

They also use SB, SF, GG, FG in range to focus more on single target damage, setting up 3 different ticks of damage with no overwriting and because their cool down is so little, they are able to use it more frequently. The fact Napalm skips the process, should be interesting to use SB, SF, NG at a safe distance for good single target range damage.
  20. SavageTofu New Player

Pvp. So I been playing alot of pvp lately. Working on my 3rd peice of vengeance gear.

Couple of things. First I am fortunate to play with people who are great @ pvp. So if u are playing in a premade group running in strait troll gear isn't a problem. In fact I dare say modding into vit/Dom would be good also. This ultimately depends on who your playing with & what instance your in.

In fos 8v8 giving out power & hunting down their healer is the main priority. You probably won't kill the healer this way but you can fuel a dps to do amazing things. You can use effects like stasis feild to interrupt a healer so your dps buddy can put down that pesky controller. Ect...

City 4x4 is another monster. It is all about stuns, pulls & knock backs. Again no reason to spec heavy dps here. This one is all about giving out power & pulling people outta the runners way. Super speed seems to have a clear advantage. Mesmorizing lasso is also good here. Stasis field & HIDE are just amazing.

Inner 2v2. This one is still about power. If you can keep your dps friend full of blue juice amazing things will happen. I have also ran this with a tank. I am still working on a load out for this match. Sb, defib, sf, cf, hide & intimidate is what I am running now. I want to try out vortex & sonic cry. Anything to push them off the node.

5x5 Arkham. Still working on this one. Musical nodes if you will.

1v1 lair. Don't run with staight troller gear here. It's awful. You will be devoured by tanks which seems to permeate 1v1. It sucks but as a troller you need a troller set & a dps pvp set. It is true you can run in troller stance with strait dps gear & mods. That isn't bad & in many instances it is preferred. Especially if you are not running in a premade group. From my understanding you do not lose any might or precision in troller stance. Clear your vit & Dom is cut in dps stance. Still for 1v1 I would go straight dps gear in troller stance. I would spec precision, might, criticals. I would mod health/pre or health might & the load out I am working on is sb, intimidate, gg, cf, hide & turret.

Anyways. Ttyl.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.