The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheDark, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyd Kupa New Player

Okay so is the DoT stacking method of gadgets dps good for t3 content. I saw a loadout from StarrySkyy on Youtube where he dot stacked to get his dmg high. It was a loadout of NG, GG, Cyro-Foam or Field depending on range, FG Statis Field and Intem for last slot. He would cast Statis then clip with Intem. Do spin chop 1h combo and clip with NG then GG. Then spin chop and clip with GG and hit either FG or Foam/Field. This rotation would be a might base one correct? Maybe my understanding of might base and precision based style is a lil jaded. If i constantly clip weapon combos with powers and PI, am i might based? I really want to understand Gadget dps and not switch back. Please let me know if i need more info to be helped properly.
  2. TheDark Devoted Player

It can be yes but you have to factor in the type and tier of the other damage players. A wide AoE DoT (multi target) based player who is also t3 will have an advantage because they can cover a large part of the room. Field is your best asset but it isn't that wide. Play aggressively and seize areas of opportunity and you might be on par.

If they're t4+, you then have to hope they don't eliminate the targets you're stacking DoT on. Otherwise the full damage wont register. Then there's the number of NPCs in a group. Have any more 2 or 3 and some powers will begin to split. No sweet spot for you.

I've never seen that video. Stasis Field is a good single target far range DoT to cast. That rotation you mentioned is might based yes. DoT and burst yellow numbers & damage is might. Precision attacks is weapon damage, the white numbers. Boost yourself with a high damage modifier then go into weapon attacks. With Intimidation on cool down and weapon use you increase your chance to activate a random procedure of yellow (might) damage off Intimidation. Initial hits (GG,NG, first hit off Foam/Field/FG) can activate the PROC too.

If you constantly clip and use weapon combos it'd be a good idea to try a balance stat approach. If you notice yourself leaning slightly more towards one go in that direction but don't over do it. Try might and precision in reds. Prec or might in either blue or yellow sockets. The opposite in the other. You'll be balanced gear wise. You can alternate (if you have both prec & might) between rings and neck. Try playing around with each. Keep your play style but change up the rings and neck. Experiment with Prec and then with Might rings/neck. Pay attention to the single or 2 targets you're on.
  3. Kyd Kupa New Player

So with all I've said, what would be a good loadout? Should i just stick with the cyro-field, gg, fg, intem, photon, and bunker? Or is the a better melee oriented loadout to run with? Should i drop photon for maybe ng to have another dot? What would recommend?
    • Like x 1
  4. TheDark Devoted Player

Yes try sticking with that load out. Its the popular cookie cutter one for D.P.S. Photon Blast deals inconsistent but good damage. Also, I found I rarely used it if the raid was face paced. Try Foam/SF or WD if you're superspeed. If you use foam clip it with something. If you find you don't use that extra slot as often try Distract so you don't get interrupted during your combos. It's also a shield, can be used to clip and detaunts.
  5. Kyd Kupa New Player

Okay i will drop photon, but who good is Napalm Grenade?
  6. TheDark Devoted Player

NG is the same thing as GG it just sets up burning PI DoT. You could have it but just know you have 2 similar powers.
  7. FeelsGood New Player

I was one of those former beast HL players and ventured off and playing other power sets. I would say stay with it and play off your modifiers and canceling animations
  8. TrueMarvel New Player

Just so I'm sure. Bunker Buster is Stronger than the other SC Gas Move right? is their anything the gas move does that compensates for its lower dmg?
  9. TheDark Devoted Player

Drift and I are looking at it now. We're looking at when it starts to split. Actually he did already. I just want to see if i see something different.

Drift did point out that A Gas has a consistent 5 ticks of damage making it ideal for the damage per second play style. Which is true. The thing with BB is that the initial burst hit is where a majority of the damage comes from. If you miss your target, which can happen, you're left with the weaker 4 to 5 ticks. You've missed an opportunity.
  10. Kyd Kupa New Player

So if im going with the gg to fg pi and intem plus cyro would a-gas be a better sc?
  11. TheDark Devoted Player

For now I'd just stick with Bunker. At least until I, or someone else, even notices a difference with A-Gas now. You could always try it yourself. BB does more damage on a single target and it's worth it if you land the initial hit.
  12. shiny mackerel Committed Player

Gas is more discrete. In PvP, I've noticed that people rarely make an effort to move out of a gas while people instantly react to Bunker and try to avoid it or block. That's not really a huge benefit but it's something.
  13. TheDark Devoted Player

Never thought of that. Nice find. I could see it being mistaken by someone as a toxic release module.
  14. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

It's been awhile since I got involve with Gadget stuff.

I saw the conversation about Bunker and Asph Gas. Last time I've played actively was 6 months ago. But going from my experience, each has to be played strategically. If you have an enemy that is very mobile, its very easy to miss with Asph because its an over time gas. Bunker gets a good strike and the initial attack is mainly what matters. But if you have an enemy that pauses for a moment like Magic Avatar, the asph could be use as another high level dot in addition with the dots you already have applied. I think when you activate Bunker, there is a plate or a general Box where it strikes. If the enemy was in the air when you target them, it strikes the box. So if the enemy was actually in the air and goes to the ground, the strikes from that point which is weird but it could be tested if you want.

Pref Asph Gas over Bunker due to cosmetics. It looks better in my opinion so I just use it all the time. In raids like BD or Venge, where adds are involved with the boss, I feel more comfortable with the tank pulling them all together and share the dots through out everyone.

Hope it helps
  15. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Oh I just thought of something, Asph is UCW. Is BB? It doesn't say it under the icon but just wondering.
  16. TheDark Devoted Player

I'm pretty sure BB isn't.
  17. Kyd Kupa New Player

How much of a gap is there between 1h dw and ma when it comes to melee pve? I really like ma for pvp because of the quick bb. But I'm using 1h now, but i really like dw. This is for PvE.
  18. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

In regards to gadget dpS, I'm going to only compare it to 1h since so many tried to convert me from dual pistols to 1h. For a dual pistol user to match dps with a 1h user, they have to not do what 1h user do. If you uze dp, don't do just tap tap hold and thing it will be equivalent to 1h. You got to do more work. Melee weapons have bonuses that range weapons doesnt. You have to make up for It.

Know your weapon and capabilities. Then understand the difference and you will definetly figure out how to dps with gadgets with range.
  19. Quagmire New Player

Is it better to go full might or mixed? Right now I am at 1957 might and 620 precision. I use dual wields.
    loadout is Whirling dervish, Napalm, Intim, Cryofield, cryofoam/feargas, stealth(used for bunker buster).
  20. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Gadgets isn't a power set that you could focus all in one category. Because of the instant cool downs, once you execute your powers, you are back to using your weapon. So you definitely want to invest in both might and precision. If anything, might and precision on the reds. As for the blues, yellows, you can use it to mix with others. Like might/health or might/power. your stats is pretty high on precision. So your DW would definitely pack a punch with that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.