Thank you ALLIES. I'm done.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Major Shenanigans, Sep 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I didn’t want to pay $22.5 dollars PER CHARACTER. That would have added up to $90!!! Notice that the title of the thread I made was not “How dare you ask for money!”, it was simply “HOW MUCH?!”.
    • Like x 2
  2. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Yes, but this is not the fault of the game, but the fault of the community of this game .... the day before yesterday I was PZ, since there was no tank ... I switched to Batle Tank armory .... as a result, after the end, I had more damage than 3 other players together ...
    • Like x 1
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Community nothing! Attack did rapid fire 20k ticks. When we had like 70k health max. Nothing anyone could do. Anyway, that’s besides the point. Legendary allies cost too much.
  4. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Is $ 23 for new cosmetic a lot compared to other games that sell cosmetics? can someone write a specific bag from other games? (for example, I googled and found that in Fortnite the prices for cosmetics are from 5 to 15 dollars, but this is a huge game ... where free costumization is miserable as a quintessence of wretchedness) ...
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I dunno. This is the only game I play that has micro transactions because I couldn’t afford another one.
    • Like x 1
  6. Toshknight Loyal Player

the very first and only inspired batman cowl in the game until the batgirl daring vigilante, and the pvp huntress / batman esk, mash up along with robot batman, but you had to pre order the game to get the "inspired batman cowl" and you also got the harvey dent , Two face , Face style,

the Actual Batman cowl came out in 2015 finally with BVS along with the man of steel emblem and Batfleck emblem, after that we got pretty much all the new 52 stuff, a good flash cowl,

b
  7. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

I wouldn't complain too much about the legendary allies if they weren't so f****** broken. They had 2+ weeks to fix them and they still couldn't get it right. You have to wonder the point of test server or if the devs bother with internal testing before something even hits public test. You have glitches in FoS2 that were reported within the first few days of test and still no fix, same thing with PZe. Not to mention a celestial bug with the Page of Destiny that has been reported numerous times over the past year almost and still no eta on a fix or a fix period

This crap is getting out of hand, I get being understaffed, but their becomes a point where being understaffed stops being an excuse and the more reasonable explanation is they are lazy and don't care as long as they get your money. Then they can power their studio on your tears.
    • Like x 2
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I paid.

I paid $20 for the Bat cowl.

I paid for Materials.... Armories.... Lairs....

But $75 for ONE Ally???

Even I have a hard time swallowing that pill.

Imagine how worse it is for people who have Alts??
    If you want Flashpoint Batman on your Alts.... it will be $25 each just to buy the Ally then another $50 to level him up..... for EACH character.

Imagine being one of them crazy Altaholics..... $75 x 32 = $2400

I usually am the first one to defend the Devs when people accuse DCUO of being a cash grab..... but even I cannot defend this. :oops:
    • Like x 2
  9. Proxystar #Perception

I personally think there's a very good chance these legendary allies are just the beginning of a massive pay2win power creep.

These things are just going to get worse and worse and worse imo in terms of how powerful they are, especially their passives, so that they become ever increasingly more compelling to buy.
    • Like x 8
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Artifacts seemed pretty reasonable at first… allies starting out this bad is pretty ominous.
    • Like x 4
  11. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Leaving over the cost of the Allies is a bit of an over reaction. The Allies are optional to game play, not something that is required, at least this is my understanding. I think they are more for showing off like that ultra rare mat or aura, just for show.

Monetizing items like the Allies, are a common thing in Final Fantasy 14. You can get a free mount to drop, it will do what you need it to do, or you can spend $29, $39, or even $49 on a super duper fancy mount for showing off. But none of that is required to actually play the game. Just helps with movement.

I do hope that you and anyone else who feel incensed by the cost of the iconic allies will reconsider leaving a game you have loved for all these years. Daybreak has to make money somewhere and this is another potential revenue stream for them. Personally, my pet is of more value to me but what do I know, I'm just a cat meow.
    • Like x 1
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

??? You did not get a Batman inspired Cowl with the pre-order.
    You got the Batman Legend character.

As for the Batman cowl...
    We got the Batman cowl in Sept 2015

We got the BvS emblems in March 2016

For the New 52 suits.... I assume you mean Stalwart Defender or Daring Vigilante?? We got those wayyyy before when they added the Promethium lockboxes.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

The difference is that there's technically an avenue in game for artifacts, even if it's incredibly horrible, worst case scenario is that you're stuck using a few seals and you can technically choose to level very few artifacts outside of a personal choice because they always remain effective regardless, so when you're done, arguably you're done forever.

With these allies, there's zero way to get the legendary versions in game and zero way to get legendary alliance in game, it's outright marketplace pay2win, I'm not the least bit surprised though given the way they've made episodes free and what not, they were always going to find a way to monetize the community. Realistically I'm not shocked in the slightest and in fact anticipated this price point, even if I think its also ridiculous.
    • Like x 4
  14. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

They compromised at the last minute and added Legendary Alliance to endgame loot tables. Still a moot point because we need 67 of them and doesn't matter if you reset endgame content everyday you aren't getting to 67 catalysts anytime soon just from random drops.
    • Like x 2
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

If it was only $23.... you might have a point.

But it is $23 + $50 to level up the Ally.

You need 68 Legendary Alliance to level up your Allies which you have to buy on the MP. EDIT: CHill says 67 he is most likely right. ;)
    If you could buy those from Cyborg.... you might have a point.
    Sadly buying them from Cyborg is NOT an option.

So we are talking about roughly $75 per Ally.
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I just wish it had been at least redeemable for every character. I might even have bought that 6750 pack if it was, because that would have felt like an investment, knowing it’d benefit any character I choose to make in the future. It’s not the buying them I object to. I just want value for my money because I’m not a walking, talking ATM.
    • Like x 1
  17. Boss Dark Side Well-Known Player

I don't mind spending money on this game at all. I often spend entirely too much money, but that's my problem.

The price tag on these allies is just too much. The pack interests me, but at 6750, I'd need access to those allies on my alts. Character bound, you need to be at 5000 or little under.
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Oh did they, I just haven't seen it drop yet, well that's something at least, still pretty bad though imo, it should just be on the cyborg vendor even if they cost 50-100 marks each or something ridiculous, at least then there's actually a free route without the RNG.

Might even encourage people to run clamped.
    • Like x 3
  19. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

For those complaining about the monetization of this game , particularly where allies are concerned, I'd ask you to consider that:

The game itself is now COMPLETELY free. (yes including seals)

You no longer have to pay to gain access to all content and gear.

You no longer have to to pay to gain access to all power sets

You no longer have an in game money cap, hence escrow bites the dust

You no longer need replays, except for the three most recent episodes

This is a business and they have every right to charge whatever they think the market will bear for optional items. And for cash Allies are totally optional. The allies you can buy in game for SP are every bit as good as the for cash options.

Allies in general are hardly major boosts to either damage or passives. Nice to have but nothing major.

For cash allies are cosmetic.

Not to be in any way rude but I sometimes think there are players who won't be satisfied until Digital Ink pays THEM. (and then they'll complain about not getting a 401K :p)
    • Like x 3
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Imagine wading in like this without actually reading anything we’ve said.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.