Thank you ALLIES. I'm done.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Major Shenanigans, Sep 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Can't confirm the alerts or lower but I have the Legendary Alliance from Zeus in FGSE and Mordru in COUE so far
    • Like x 1
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

$75 for one? That’s a lie. At most one legendary cost $25 without membership. The extra $50 you are accounting for is your own personal choice. No one is forcing you to spend $50 to level it up right away. That’s something you personally feel like doing. You can say it cost $75 all you want but that’s not true at all and is very misleading to those that aren’t actually sure
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That is the only issue I have with legendary allies. They are only available through the market place. If they could be received from cyborg for a larger price or even as a drop than I’d be ok with them
    • Like x 3
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It is NOT levelling it up right away.

Legendary Alliance are on the Marketplace $1 a pop.... or $4.50 for 6... and you need them to breakthrough with your Allies. They are NOT available on the Cyborg vendor. So you have to buy them on the MP.

As you level up your Allies... you need 67 Legendary Allinace to break through.

So 67 x $0.75 if you buy the packs.... = $50.25

It has nothing to do with what I personally feel like doing... because.... I do NOT level up my Artifacts or in this case my Allies on day 1.

Right away has NOTHING to do with it.

But thank you anyway. ;)
    • Like x 2
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It's about $200 by the way. Personally I don't see ever getting any of the 3 iconics or any that are released in the future, unless they end up in the Dr fate vendor or come up some other way in game. Personally out of all the things I'd say would make me quit the game, $25 allies being an option are not at the top of the list. I'm just opting out of those. Until they force feats on them...I say again...'what allies'?

However...
    Before you delete the game, can you log in one time so I can have your stuff?;)
    • Like x 2
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Forgot to mention.... if you level it right away as you says....

It is not $75..... it is $200 to level it up right away. ;)

So $75 if the minimum price for everyone..... even if you don't level it up right away. ;)
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Don't forget, if those are in the loyalty vendor, Deity does not count using loyalty points as spending money. Even though you spend money to get loyalty. Personally if I sub and part of that sub is $5 Loyalty/DBC...or even the +3 fate tokens I get for subbing....those are not 'free'. I bought them with my sub. if these things hit the Dr Fate vendor or Cyborg eventually, I suppose (because my F2Ps can get them then....) there is a 'free' option and he'd be right. Till then, yes....$75 MINIMUM....$200 max if you are impatient.
    • Like x 1
  8. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I've only seen Legendary Alliance drop in Elite raids so far (COUE and I can't remember the other one). Unless you're an endgame player (and a skilled one at that), you'll have a hard time getting access to those Alliances to upgrade your Legendary Allies. Only avenue to get them effectively would be through the Marketplace, making Magneto's statement true.

So if a new player buys a Legendary Ally, he'll find out soon enough (Or never actually because it's not explicitly explained anywhere where Legendary Alliance drops) that he'll need to buy his Alliance through the Marketplace.

No matter how you look at it, it's a predatory system. Especially within this game since it uses the likeness of iconic DC characters. They knew damn well people would LOVE to have Batman, Wonder Woman, etc. as companions, they preyed on that desire and monetized it.
    • Like x 3
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

And why would you need to buy the legendary alliance the day you buy the ally? The minimum is not $75. The minimum is still $25. The $50 can be obtained by drops. And for the record I have stated that the $25 is to much since it’s not available through the game. You could argue that the drops are to low for the legendary alliance. I would agree with that. Or that these allies should be available through the game. Again I’d agree with that. I don’t like that they are only available through the marketplace and won’t purchase them myself. The alliances should be available through cyborg.

What I disagree with is that they cost $75 because they don’t. They cost $25 or $22.50 if you’re a member.
  10. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

I see your point. Well said. But I am not sure I agree with your point that we should ignore the free aspects of the game. I do think it is a relevant point to consider.

I do think it is relevant to understand that what we see in the pricing of optional items in the game, is the fact that the game itself is a loss leader. In other words, DI provides the game itself at essentially no cost while creating revenue via micro transactions. I think this does escape some people who make the argument that the company is behaving in a greedy or unethical way.

If we go to a restaurant, we see the same model. If I order a plate of pasta, I will probably pay $15-20 for a dish that cost literally pennies to make. A 2oz pour of Jack Daniels runs between $6 and $12 on a bottle that costs the restaurant or bar about $25 ( a mark up of hundreds of percent) Why do they do this? Because other items on the menu are sold at cost or even at a loss (like fresh Lobster or prime cuts of steak) .

So that high price on the pasta or whiskey covers the cost of offering Lobster at a price the customer may be willing to pay. hence the term "loss leader"

It is entirely possible that, under the new model, many people who have subscribed in the past may see no need to do so going forward. Particularly veterans who already have most styles. That revenue has to be made up somewhere.

While there are many people who are perfectly aware of this dynamic, there are many who may not be. So I do think it is relevant to point it out.

So I will respectfully disagree that this is a Strawman argument. Debates often have nuances that can't be categorized by a label. Another poster mentioned non-sequitur which I think might be a more precise description. And he may very well be correct. My argument may have been more appropriate elsewhere than in this thread.

Where I agree 100% with you is that none of this should concern the customer in making a purchasing decision.
    • Like x 1
  11. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I saw at least 3 people on the forum (including Obsidian) who said that LA drop in the game (I myself got the LA in solo SPe on the tests server), so your minimum cannot be minimum.

By the way, in your post to me, you answered the wrong question that I asked.

My question was: how does the price of allies compare to the price of cosmetics in other games?

And I also wonder why it seems to you that paying 75 for guaranteed cosmetics is a lot, but buying 10 BB at the price of 10 each and having only a chance for the desired cosmetics is it normal?
    • Like x 1
  12. Plowed In Loyal Player

Legendary alliance is dropping in game.
    • Like x 2
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I’m not disagreeing with you that the system is terrible. It is by definition pay to win since it’s something that one can only obtain through real money. I am 100% against this. All I’m saying is that he is wrong. The price of these allies are $25. The price of the alliance is something different. The total cost CAN be $75 but that doesn’t mean that the ally is $75. That is very misleading
    • Like x 1
  14. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

You may very well be right. My argument may have been more appropriate in another thread.
    • Like x 1
  15. Plowed In Loyal Player

I had it drop in FVR, so maybe all endgame content (if intended)?
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Now you are just arguing semantics.
    $25??? because you will leave your Ally at rank 1 of course?
    People are going to level up their Allies.... hence the extra $50.

I have been playing for a week and a half and did not get Legendary Alliance to drop.

How many did you get??

Maybe they drop from Elite Raids?? how many people even play those.... or even complete it??

You can split hair all you like.... at the end of the day you will end up paying roughly $75 for Legendary allies and to get them to rank 10.
  17. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

IMO the high price tag on the legendary allies is only an issue if you choose to buy one.

Allies, as far as I can see, don't make enough of a difference to warrant using anything but the basic ones. So I'll just stick with the ones that cost Source.

If the majority of people do that, while making it clear that the cost was a major factor in their decision, then maybe DI will conclude that legendary allies are a failure at the current price point, and make some adjustments.
  18. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

So far it looks like they drop only in end-game raids, that means you can get at most 4 legendary alliances per week per character (And the drop rate is abysmal). Assuming a 25% drop rate (which already seems excessive), you will need 1 entire year to get 1 legendary ally to 1 of your characters the max level without paying. $75 is not the minimum, but it's pretty much needed.

The BB cosmetic is a bonus, the BB already pays for itself with the replays and stuff. Plus, its tradeable, meaning you can get it without spending a single penny as long as other people buy it. And most of all, BB items are pure cosmetic, they don't affect in ANY way your gameplay. Allies in the other hand do. Every legendary ally has at LEAST 2 exclusive abilities.
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

It’s not splitting hairs. The allies LITERALLY cost $25. It’s like saying a car that cost 20k actually cost more because you gotta buy gas and insurance plus other cost. No. The cost is still 20k. The cost of a single legendary ally is purely $25. Again. I don’t agree with that price since they don’t offer anything extra which I’m glad they don’t.

The alliance so drop as others have said. The drop rates can be increased. The LA can and should be added to cyborg. All of these are things I’m in favor for.
  20. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Perhaps.
    ... I am personally annoyed by the fact that this whole system of allies is so poorly described.
    There are no normal descriptions of what allies do, how to activate their passives, how to get certain components for leveling.
    Any other Catalists in the description have instructions where they fall, but here there is nothing ...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.