Stats Revamp 1.3: Gadgets

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Shin-O-B, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shin-O-B Developer

It's not the best messaging, but that icon indicates a buff to Dodge. There are additional buffs coming to Stealth though...
    • Like x 2
  2. Shin-O-B Developer

Paralyzing Dart is actually a single target Stun with multitarget damage. If it were to become a multitarget Stun, the damage is going to come down even more to keep it balanced.

Expect changes to mines in the next build! :)
    • Like x 1
  3. Shin-O-B Developer

The way the DOTs tick have been adjusted a bit, so it should be fixed!
  4. Shin-O-B Developer

The final solution requires a wider discussion and is not something that I could simply make a call on, but we all recognize that it is a problem and greatly desire a fix for it.
    • Like x 2
  5. Shin-O-B Developer

Expect to see some adjustments to both of those areas in the next build! :)
    • Like x 1
  6. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Shin-O-B is there any Changes coming to tweak Cyro-foam's cooldown? I think it's a bit unreasonable to wait 3 seconds for Cyro-foam, and yet we only have to wait 0.5 seconds for Sticky bomb.

I know Sticky bomb costs more power to use, but at the sametime it's more fluid, more damage and can be used more often.
  7. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

That's great to hear. Besides Stealth and Encasements, the last mechanic I hope can get some attention is Gauss Grenade's ballistics. Can't wait for the next build!
    • Like x 1
  8. Karasawa Loyal Player

Hmm, that's a point I hadn't really considered before. Could this mean that melee DPS will be viable in raids again? I'd just accepted that it was no longer worth it to fight that close ever since Origin Crisis made random NPC one-shots a thing.

This makes me see a lot of the new abilities in a different light. I realize now I had been unconsciously sorting out which abilities had enough range to be viable in raids on Live instead of on Test.
    • Like x 2
  9. Shin-O-B Developer

Technically, Cryo-Foam is on a 2 second cooldown, to account for its 1 second channel time. It is balanced around 3 seconds though.

Sticky Bomb is in a different class from Cryo-Foam, as it's primary function is leveraging P.I.s.

Cryo-Foam and it's companion, Fear Gas, are balanced around a 3 second cooldown. If Cryo-Foam's cooldown is decreased, then the cooldown of Fear Gas would also be decreased. A decreased cooldown would mean decreased damage and diminished functionality. Notice that Gauss Grenade and Napalm Grenade do not have the crowd control capabilities of Cryo-Foam and Fear Gas.
    • Like x 2
  10. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Well if that's the case then could you guys at least consider Giving Cyro-foam the damage overtime functionality returned?
    • Like x 1
  11. BumblingB I got better.

Yeah, maybe not in the same way it was, it could have the burst element left in, but with a small dot after. As it is, right now, it isn't a whole lot different than a grenade lob. Napalm is better, because it is a pure dot and a fast cast.

But I will wait until the next build and see where we are at. Fear Gas is getting some adjustments and I want to see what that is like.
    • Like x 1
  12. Shin-O-B Developer

OK, here is an idea that I'll preface with the "no promises" promise! What if we did this?

Fear Gas (DOT), Cryo-Foam (DOT), Gauss Grenade (Burst), and Sticky Bomb (Burst) as the main components of the "P.I. web"? That way, we retain half of the options as burst and the other half as damage over time. With that system, we could make Napalm Grenade the ability that leverages Burning AND have it remain as a DOT.

We would lose some variance between the functions of the Frostbite abilities Cryo-Foam and Cryo-Field, as they would both be DOTs. Also, both Fear Gas and Cryo-Foam would become a bit redundant compared to each other, as would Gauss Grenade and Sticky Bomb.

Let me know what you think! :)
    • Like x 3
  13. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I would be fine with that. That would actually be a little bit more flexible in my opinion.

Sure we might lose some Variance between Cyro-field and Cyro-foam, but at the same-time I've never really grown to like using Cyro-field. The way Penryn described it as "Too situational in DPS role" was perfect.

Napalm Grenade leveraging burning and having it remain as a dot makes sense to me from my perspective, It is a 50% damage bonus on live after all.

Questions:

May I ask how Fear-gas and Cyro-foam would become redundant? The way they are on live is that they're two stable dot powers that stack along-side each other. If you make it that, then I don't really see it being redundant.

Not to mention: Using Cyro-foam would also bring an interesting choice to the amount of loadouts, since Fear-Gas is currently an interruptable dot.

you also mentioned Gauss Grenade and Sticky Bomb being redundant, with that in mind; Does that mean this setup would convert Sticky bomb to applying the Electrified PI interaction?
  14. Penryn The Gadgeteer

What adjustments would be made to Sticky Bomb as part of this proposal? Would it remain a high-cost power?
    • Like x 2
  15. Maxwill Committed Player

We love the dots from fear gass, cryo foam and cryo field so yes we want them.And please make Fear Gass's dot to be clipped, now if we clip it we don't get the dot which is sad... it's been a clipped dot for so many years and that's great and fun so please don't take that away from us.
    • Like x 1
  16. Karasawa Loyal Player

I have no doubt that a lot of thought was put into the current distribution of burst, dot, and other variables but I think your proposed set up would be the most comfortable/familiar for long-time Gadgets players as it mirrors Live more closely.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.