Serious Fire Discussion/ Feedback

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by TMadness, Feb 22, 2013.

1. PKMN12 New Player

So you tried out every possible combination in about 3 days? you discovered every possible loadout in about 3 days? If so i would love to learn how you slowed down time or where you got a Tardis. at this point, all i am seeing from you is an elitist crybaby who's only loadout got hit and is too inflexible to learn to try new things.
  2. hobkat New Player

WELL I GUESS WHEN YOU WHERE JUST RAIDING WITH THE SAME LOAD OUT SOME OF US WHERE TRYING DIFFERENT THINGS DUDE THE TANK SIDE HAS ALWAYS BEEN NICE IVE BEEN PLAYING 4 2 YEARS NOW ITS NOT HARD TO HIT RESPEC POWERS AND TRY A DIFFERENT LOAD OUT NOW IS IT NO AND I DID JUST THAT SO HOW CAN YOU A GUY I NEVER HEARD OF IN MY TELL ME THAT I DIDNT TRY THESE THINGS I TOLD EVER Y ONE IN MY LEAGUE YOUR WHERE GOING TO HAVE TO PLAY PREC NOW AND GUESS WHAT STILL NOT GOOD I HAVE TWO T4 SUIT ONE PREC WITH 7000 PREC AND ANOTHER SUIT WITH 2160 MIGHT SO I THINK I TIRED AND I PLAY AGAINST THE SAME DPS AS I ALWAYS DID SO I TESTED AGAINST PEOPLE THAT KNEW THAT WHERE GOOD AND EVEN THAY SAID FIRE NOW SUCKS
  3. TMadness Well-Known Player

Actually before the update there was really only one power that did increased dmg when clipped. Immolation. Now there are a few (3) won't give names. Before this patch release my main powers were Mass Det and Fireburst and Snuff out (before change).

The reason I am hesitant on giving my Fire load out is for the number 1 rule of a good fire dps. "Unless we are friends you will need to painstakingly search for a loud out that gives good dmg. I will not just give you my hard work". This is to combat FOTM fan boys and the like

However, there are some other load outs that I feel can yield similar dmg its just gonna take me time before I can use them.

@Hobkat No one is afraid to call Sony/ DCUO Devs out when they are wrong. I'm pretty sure they know this by now. I'm very sure that no one calls out when they are wrong. Which it looks like I'll be doing after this week. Wonder if I should bake a cake that says "I was wrong"
    • Like x 1
  4. Kai El Well-Known Player

First things first, TMadness - thank you for starting a realistic thread about the stupid changes to Fire & we can talk about them constructively. Here's my whole take on the matter:

After hours upon hours of testing, the only way to DPS successfully now with Fire, in order, to keep up with all the clip/bursting DMGers & exploiters via Clown Box/Transmute - is the clip/burst DPS now with Fire. Range DPS with Fire is completely dead & we have players in the community complaining about Fireburst & the Devs utterly destroying the Ignition Tree for DPSing to thank. Here's why:

The Ignition tree is now horrendous. The only quality moves now, IMO in Ignition, are Backdraft, Snuff Out & the SCs. Absorb Heat's animation is ridiculous, Fireball cancels certain DOTs, Wildfire's DOTs are laughable, Denonate is inconsistent, Flame Cascade is trash, Fireburst - the best power for Fire in my opinion pre-update - has been nerfed, Burning Determination is a great breakout - but under control effects or juggled, it can't be cast - THA HECK?! - and Mass Detonation is inconsistent but needed.

Ranged is no longer a main DPS style for Fire; the new High Risk/High Reward for Fire is Melee DPS. Clipping & Burst DMG seems to be where to go if you're looking to score high numbers now. The slow Hard Hitting moves (Fireburst, Mass Det., Flame Cascade) can't compete with all the clipping/burst DMG because players can now do double the amount of DMG it takes for us to get off Fireburst, Mass Det., etc.

Ranged DPS for Fire is completely dead. Don't get me wrong: Those moves still can hit hard, but no where near the amount of DMG it used to do. And this is very unfortunate because I prefer to range DPS opposed to Melee because I don't like the risk of being one-shotted. But the amount of time it takes me to get off on the long casting time moves, the NPCs are already close to death so I won't get the full DMG of my power, or they're already dead by clipping/burst DPSers. Quote me if I'm wrong on this but doesn't Melee DPSers get a 25% boost in DMG for using a Melee weapon as well? So they're already getting that.

I've been reading over & testing the updates to Fire - In my personal opinion, Fire (Ranged-wise) has been nerfed - Fire (Melee) has been buffed. Immolation & Inferno have both been changed - Inferno NOW grants Immolation to the team, like it was supposed to in the first place - and Immolation doesn't reflect DMG back upon enemies anymore, the enemies now have to HIT you first & you'll get a DOT. So technically, Inferno seems to now better suit Melee DPS because if an NPC is hitting you while Inferno is cast, that's added another DOT. (So that's two DOTs, one from the initial cast - and if an NPC is hitting because now Inferno grants Immolation).

Enflame & Immolation are suited best for Melee. Here's how: Immolation casts flames over you but doesn't add a DOT until an NPC hits you. Enflame casts flames around you & will add a DOT just by being near an NPC. Cast both, have an enemy hit you - that adds two DOTs. This would not benefit Ranged DPS because the whole point of Range DPS because to be away from enemies.

I could go into more detail - but you get the gist. Melee is how the Devs what to game to operate if you want to be the leading DPS. Ranged DPS now, in my opinion - are strictly support DPSers. Ranged DPS for Fire has been destroyed.
    • Like x 3
  5. TMadness Well-Known Player

Y you yelling bro? Or do you not know forum etiquette?
  6. PKMN12 New Player

I think your just proving my point that you have anger management issues, it is a game. Also, please explain why most of the people on this thread are saying that only ranged DPS for fire was killed. besides that, the update has been around for about three days, I highly doubt every possible combo and loadout has been tried, who knows maybe some people should try and make loadouts in combination with an iconic or two and they might discover some awesome combo.
  7. MARK2099 New Player

Any decent fire user never use cast time to begin not pve much less pvp, clip aoe cone melee combos was always the best way to do damage using instant aoe power to clip for maximize damage in multiple targets, the problem it is most powers were reduce in damage, inferno is doing less damage in exchange to keep the dot on target even if move of the area so i guess fair trade off, meteor is doing less damage both version, flashpoint keep canceling dots and was possible the best burst in fire considering the low power consumption very fast cooldown and even use pi to do extra damage also apply dot, fiery weapon cost more and never proc, the very few time i see proc damage was under 150 non-critical when most buff weapons who proc more than once hit over 400 non critical and critical over 1k, spontaneous combustion is decent because is aoe burst also dot (i'm using that since meteor is pure garbage to keep in my loadout so i replace), overheat is just a weak dot compare to electrogenesis also last less, inmolation used to be much better reflecting damage, the new version is weak just compare numbers, it seem like enflame don't give inmolation effect anymore you have to use inferno if want any power do extra damage with inmolation active.

Reduce damage in a power who wasn't op from the very start is a spit in the face from devs, tanks wasn't touch i'm fine with that, but devs atleast should remove the op ticks of 7 in burning determination who was holding players to use if were counter, still we are stuck with only burnout when ice can use 2 breakouts.

I say multiple times and i'm gonna keep saying, only because my main damage come from weapons combos doesn't mean devs have to nerf damage in a power who never was op in pvp neither pve.
  8. TMadness Well-Known Player

So...I'm reading observations on how powers acted pre-vamp and post and I am not seeing this happen in game. Not saying that it isn't just saying what I was and now am capable of in DPS role is not aligning to what people are saying.
  9. Kai El Well-Known Player

Could you be more specific?
  10. Razeille504 New Player

Im in a complete loadout crisis right now.Ive tinkered with almost all the powers and still cant decide what I should go with because post-update my dps numbers havent been up to par.Right now I'm trying fw/fireburst/inferno/snuff out/spon comb/detonate. I tried overheat w/ immo but it didnt impress me at all.I was thinking backdraft but isnt that more for a tank?Sigh Im all screwed up -_-
  11. Spike New Player

Good on your fire char is , that you have only 70sp which is now progress for 1 week, so delete char and take something else, because i have new loadout which is low and i cant discover something better, i have spell on loadout which do 150-200dmg with 2,1k might, why ? Because it is easy to clip now i do more dmg by weapon attacks.
  12. Dump Truck New Player

@Kal El: I agree

That's why I suggested switching Spont Combust and Stoke Flames in the Immolation tree. It would cost tanks no less to grab overheat, and be cheaper for them to grab Stoke Flames if they do not run overheat. It makes a little more sense to me in that the branch of the tree under meteor if aligned this way would focus more on DPS moves and the latter on tank moves. More importantly, it would allow fire dps to grab Inferno, Spont Combust, and Overheat with enough points to spare that we could grab Mass Det or Snuff Out and still have the iconic damage innates. Currently we cannot grab all those moves with damage innates if you get spont combust, inferno, overheat. There is only 6 spots in our loadouts, but then we could go melee for an entire raid and switch a few powers for the boss where we might want to go range. With the current layout, you are kinda locked in.
  13. Spike New Player

Correct, you must take lot of useless spells for unlock one which isnt too bad as others.
  14. Razeille504 New Player

15. Spike New Player

In your sign is that you are fire dps with 70sp, so for you will be easy delete it and create new char with other power set which isnt bad as fire. 70sp in current game is 1 week work.
  16. Razeille504 New Player

Are u being serious?Ive put too much time into my character.The only reason my sp is still 70 because I dint play for about a year.I just recently came back and as for ditching fire ,thats not gonna happen if Kai EL is right about ranged dpsing then Ill consider going back to duel wielding but ill keep experimenting until I find a better solution.
  17. Spike New Player

Depend on you, but 70sp you can reach now very quickly and fire is now really bad as dps.
  18. PKMN12 New Player

not really, read a bunch of the other threads and you will find out that while ranged fire dps is bad now, melee fire dps is fine.
  19. Tocimus Committed Player

maybe somebody will take you serious when you learn to turn off caps lock. wild guess that it's taken at least 2 years?

and lose hack attack items? i doubt it.
    if he wanted to change powers that badly a power respec token fits just fine.
  20. Tocimus Committed Player

imo i feel we might actually be able to do decent dmg as range as well. just gotta have the precision.....unless your superspeed...then you better be melee.