Serious Fire Discussion/ Feedback

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by TMadness, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Tocimus Committed Player

not to mention you have to grab the ever ignored flame cascade to get to it.

from what im hearing, fireball is better then meteor.
  2. thefirealpha New Player

And i think they need to fix the whole ignition tree make it useful for DPsing
  3. Tocimus Committed Player

well, it was.....then they crapped all over the main dps powers, or never fixed them.
    • Like x 1
  4. Spike New Player

The fact is, that ignition three was main for dps and immolation was support three, BUT devs did from main dps spells joke.
  5. Fatal Phantom New Player

What needs to happen:
    1. Swap positions of burnout and Overheat to access Spontaneous combustion for DPS loadout. Overheat is not a good Heal for a Tank, in fact its terrible. Having them laid out here is just a waste of power tokens.
    2. Overheat occasionally does no ticks or very few ticks. Sometimes get 8 ticks, sometimes 3 sometimes 1 sometimes none.
    3. Spon. Comb. sometimes doesnt ignite target, meaning that there will be no detonation with weapon attacks.
    4. Detonate is much weaker than Ices twin of it Frost Snipe. Virtually same power, Huge damage difference.
    5. Fires Self Healing is trash compared to Ices shields. Ice DPS has full effect of its shields again, but Fire DPS self heals may as well not even be there.
    6. Meteor Throw should pierce through all enemies until it lands on ground/wall. Its also bugged in both powers making it useless.
    7. Fiery Weapon isnt doing extra damage to burning targets.
    8. Overheats ticks arent doing any extra damage with immolation active. Only innitial hit does more damage.
    9. Flame Cascade was tried on a sparring target for 5 minutes and will never be in my loadout due to its uselessness.
    10. Fires Self healing isnt cutting it compared to Ices shields. Ice can juggle just like fire can with the right loadout, but its shields are FAR more effective than Fires Weak Heals.

I prob missed some things but i already switched to Ice cause i dont wanna wait 6 months for them to fix Fire.
    The Verdict- Ice is WAY stronger than Fire right now, and its not because of the loss to Fireburst. Fires damage is just naturally lower; testing with like powers and same equipment.
    • Like x 2
  6. MARK2099 New Player

Well said and this is a bit short, there are much more reasons why fire is nerf in the eyes of any decent player who use the power, my main damage come from my weapons no doubt, but that doesn't mean devs have the right to nerf a power who wasn't op from start (check sync in 5s how many groups bring fire dps to their teams), and give us a new power which is weaker compare to a similar power with more range and duration "electrogenesis", like i say nothing was change to tank i'm fine with that i'm gonna continue my hit aoe then block since heals of 700 non critical help me in nothing when my health is over 11k and bosses hit multiple times over 3k with no block in some t4 content, but make weaker a dps power who wasn't op from start, increase power consumption of fiery to never proc and if manage to proc do once and is garbage damage, shame on you devs, worst is they keep quiet, if powers were broke they can easy say are investigating, but not saying that lead me to believe they are fine with the power and everything is working as intented.
  7. Tocimus Committed Player

considering fire has almost no resto in dps, yeah the heals have always been lacking.

didnt realize overheat had any heals as i would never put it in my loadout for tanking, or bother with that tree for anything. spon combust is fine there as dps is grabbing enflame anyhow.

flame cascade has never been good.

now if your just here to cry about fire, there are supposedly 7 other threads on the main page for that.
    if reflect is anything like its original self, have fun standing there and doing nothing in pvp for 1v1 wins.
  8. Dump Truck New Player

this sums it all up.
    The biggest thing is that in dps stance fire's self-heals are not on par with ice dps reflection and shield abilities.
  9. TrueMarvel New Player

Basically. They did the fire nation wrong with this update, if you ask me. They nerfed a powerset and OP'ed its twin(Ice).
    • Like x 2
  10. Tocimus Committed Player

imo, it was kinda obvious with the way they demo'd the 2. they where serious when showing ice, then played around showing fire. "here's the new and improved tank ability spontaneous combustion" lol what? "wildfire is amazing for dps" at which point it was quite obvious they didnt care much.
    i was surprised we even got overheat, but then again i feel bring consume objects in line with transmute wouldnt have taken much work either.
    • Like x 2
  11. hobkat New Player

JUST PUT FIRE BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS 89CR 122SP HERO SIDE THIS GAME NOW SUCKS
    • Like x 1
  12. TMadness Well-Known Player

So after 5 raids, 4 Alerts and some Dueling I am going to have to eat my words.

I am not really sure what was done but in all 5 raids I was top DPS. Against a REALLY good HL named Note Worthy Even though it was very close this does not happen against HL users. I was also able to out dps a Sorc DPS using Clown Box transmutate, again it was close but to beat that additional object dmg transmute does is definately something.

In PvE I had great success because it is what I do. I'm an ok PvPer so when I began dueling what was interesting was that I was able to one shot people!

Here are the numbers I was seeing during my play time with specific powers.

Mass Detonation: Not sure what you did Devs but I never hit below 1k! This was a tremendous help. However the dmg seemed to be split. Normally all targets in range will receive the same amount of dmg, however there were targets receiving as much as 4k hits and as little as 1500 normal hits with a single use of Mass Det. This was a problem cus I need bosses to get hit harder not the minions.

Over heat: Ok I like it. Dam you but I like it. However it is not effective as is. It's dmg was insignificant when fighting mobs, this was with immo active. It just didn't make the cut and I really tried. But when i would be ahead in DMG and began using it I quickly dropped. There are numerous changes that can be made I would suggest looking at power cost, cool down time and dmg.

Snuff out: Wow what a diff that 10% dmg made. If the cast time had not been changed I would have removed from my loadout. It can still hit hard but I'm not getting the consistent 3-4k hits I used to get.

Fireburst: OK! Again not sure what you did here but Along with the cast time, dmg splitting, double dmg issues it had/has another HUGE issue was that when you began using it aggro immediately turned toward you and you'd get interupted 8-10 times. That did not happen last night. Mass det yes Fireburst No and my dmg was still good I still needed buffs to make it one shot mobs but meh I can live with this.

Meteor : Less dmg...make it a missle or just toss it for something else in the next go around. It is now like a neutered dog...sad.

Wild Fire: I'm gonna wrap this up cus I need some Donuts! One issue I'm not getting any heals in DPS stance. If you change anything else with this power we got an issue! What it can do now is just amazing, in actuality you may need to look into its dmg.

Here is my cycle using it. Inferno -> Clip Hay maker with Wildfire + Fire Weapon. In PvE its good dmg plus DoT spread. In PvP, in the right hands this can One shot Healers and Tanks. Not sure how not sure why but on its own dmg is meh when clipped dmg is Whoa!

Donut time laters.
  13. TMadness Well-Known Player

I'm still holding out on eating my words BTW. I want to get into some content with some other people before I make the final judgement but my experience last ngiht with fire was like DAM!
  14. FeelsGood New Player

I think fire dps will be great once people start focusing on using different powers loadouts. Fire Burst dps were never good to begin with. There's good rotations out there
  15. Saami Loyal Player

After doing all kinds of instances from t2 to t4 ops im very happy with this fire revamp as dps. Ofc it depends on playstyle and those who used fireburst a lot this isnt good revamp.
  16. Tocimus Committed Player

with which loadout?

i havent been able to use my current loadout in a raid yet.
  17. hobkat New Player

NO FIRE IS PURE TRASH ALL POWERS ARE NOT CLIP-ABLE I TIRED BOTH WAYS BEFORE I SAID SCREW THIS
  18. PKMN12 New Player

you have serious issues. just start trying out new loadouts and experiment. just because your loadout is not bad, it does not make the power bad and makes you seem inflexible in how you play.
  19. hobkat New Player

DUDE I KNOW HOW TOP PLAY THE PROBELM IS IT PURE TRASH NOW AM I THE ONLY PERSON THAT HAS THE BALLS TO SAY SONY MEPPS AND THE DEVS ARE ******* *******
  20. TrueMarvel New Player

I take it you weren't one of the guys who used the cast time playstyle in the first place? for people like you and me this update is awesome. For ranged fire dps thyis update destroyed them.