Serious Fire Discussion/ Feedback

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by TMadness, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Tocimus Committed Player

any decent fire dps knew how to throw it and get 5k easy dmg on a mob.
    it was also great as a knockdown for pesky flight mobs/opponents. the fact that it blocked los is what made it so great for pvp and some raid instances. sooo sry the spam happy dps dont know how to work with it.
    sure i've made some errors on its placement from time to time and lost some fireburst dmg, but it has never given a problem that so many cry about.

now imo, they need to make the throwable solid again, or replace the ability entirely. an overwelming amount of dmg has been lost in this update.
  2. Tocimus Committed Player

i did that as well.
    back before f2p, i would set all the adds at end of hive duo on fire during the cutscene. meatballs and ramps where the best part of the ability.
    • Like x 1
  3. Dump Truck New Player

I agree with this 100%

Even if we wanted to use the ignition tree, grabbing Inferno, Spont Combust, and Overheat makes it impossible.
  4. raaddd Well-Known Player

YES! Did you all forget about this power? Its great at what it does but come on, no one uses it. This could make it to my tanking loadout if it was a 50% SC. Of course it would have to be tweaked a little though.
  5. TMadness Well-Known Player

Also has anyone else noticed our power costs have gone up? I have to admit before this patch I was able to survive on fiery weapon and immo spam but now I can barely generate enough power to constantly use these powers. I'm curious if anyone else has seen this?
  6. Evil Moopie New Player

yup. I can barely use any powers before my bar is gone...then you just have to spam FW
  7. Tocimus Committed Player

not having that problem. spon combust is actually really cheap on the powerside. right now im going spon clipped with fw, combo clip with enflame, then backdraft as necessary.

also, has anybody else noticed fw seems to create a pi half the time? i'll be low on power and pop fw and the npc's head lights up. i think some part of immo got mixed in to it.
  8. TMadness Well-Known Player

Fiery weapon lights attackers on fire now
  9. Dump Truck New Player

if they added 'enemies lit by PI's' or "allies given fire heads' to the scoreboard - I would consider fire fixed.
  10. IRONMIKE New Player

I have to say that I do tank and dps pretty much a even amount on time...but I have always been a fire dude....now I am not one to talk on the forums much cause I really isn't my thing.... But I do read them and in tune with what goes on in the dcuo community. I have been reading about the revamp for months now and needless to say that I was very excited and sooooo lookin forward to this update and it was hyped up so much...to be honest... I awas not impressed at all ... It had all the flash but no bang.... Looks real pretty but in this game...pretty don't pay the bills if you know what I mean. I am kinda mad that all this talk and hype.... The results were subpar at best. I found myself runnin the same tank load out but as far as dps ...hmmm... Lets just keep it at " not impressed " . Btw ... It ain't about fire burst cause I have not ran with that power in my load out for quite some time....I am just not impressed with the revamp... I feel they could and should have done a lot better. Alast at the end of the day I am a fire faithful ... It's what I do... But wAs lookin for improvements and not a cheesey makeover ... I would like to think I am a big part of the fire community and I love my power set. If the fire community is askin for a opinion... I will voice my opinion and humbley respect others...the new anamations are very pretty but like I said before....pretty don't pay the bills.... I hope they will improve on it more....but that's just my opinion .
  11. Coldasice New Player

I never played as a fire dps before the update so I cannot comment on the changes, but from my experience running fire dps post update I feel fire has a lot of potential in the right hands as it currently stands. I'm not here to say buff nor nerf anything about it but to give feed back, and I learned fire has really good burst capabilities as it is .

The load out I've came to use is very effective from a range stand point or melee. if there are those that need help with a load out this is what I can suggest to try:

flame cascade-fireball-mass det- enflame/fireburst (melee/range)-inferno-snuff out.

Rotation would go : fireball>enflame>inferno>flame cascade and finish with a snuff out or mass det depending on scenario.

I had a lot of fun with fire using this rotation and load out and found it to be very effective for dps With a lot of burst damage.
  12. Tocimus Committed Player

enflame requires melee range. i would also highly recommend using fiery weapon since you already have it available. it is more then worth it, you can also clip all your powers with it.
  13. Darkness New Player

Mass Detonation is still wildly inconsistent and Snuff Out seems to be bugged and are dealing a lot less than it used to. I used to use Fireball but quickly learned that Metoer was simply better and I really was hoping the new Meteor that disappear upon contact with be a more powerful Fireball but again, it seems bugged and doesn't always work or just really weak in comparison to the old Meteor.
  14. Coldasice New Player

Tocimus this is true that enflame is best used for melee that's why I put the parentheses around the Range melee part, with fireburst or enflame. But yeah firey weapon is a good replacement as well for enflame for range use. Fire is pretty versatile IMO . I melee with fire so I could swap mass det for fire weap and still wouldn't notice a difference because I haven't had any issues yet with mass det.

This is running with a might build btw
  15. Dump Truck New Player

I'm still doing really well with: Whirling D, Inferno, Enflame, Flashpoint, Overheat, Spontanious Combust.
    I sometimes take out Overheat/Enflame and put snuff out and detonate in it's place after a respec... depends how much range I want to do (Dawn)
    Clipping Combo:

Weapon -> WD -> Spont Comb
    Weapon -> Inferno
    Weapon -> WD Overheat
    Weapon -> Flashpoint
    Weapon -> Enflame

Pretty much keeping a minimum of two burning dots and WD active at all times while combo clipping. It's a lot on controllers and using tons of remixes. I welcome the change. It's kind of fun in that half-second before clipping my weapon to look at my powers and figure out what to hit next for optimum damage.

EDIT: I will note, backdraft is not splitting damage and gets double hits with Inferno is active. I use it for lower level content but worth noting.
  16. Coldasice New Player

Yeah that dose very well but some people don't want to go super speed and think they are no alternatives. but I notice flash point cancels dots a lot which is odd. That alone kept me from using it.
  17. Dump Truck New Player

throw backdraft in instead... or skip flashpoint entirely and use detonate.
  18. Coldasice New Player

Cool I'll give detonate a try
  19. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I mainly tank and since there is really no change a dp loadout I tried out was Mass Detonation, Inferno, over heat, Snuff out, flashpoint , ad fiery weapon.

My rotation has been:

If (boss health > boss health * .35) {
    FW > Inferno > Flash > Overheat > Mass Detonation

}

Else{

Set up dots and spam snuff out

}

Return 0;

I want to try out spontaneous combustion but I do not know what I should take out. This rotation has worked well for me. I got third place in Gates and I was only outdamaged by 70k from the second place dude and the first place dps doubled me but I expected that with him being lightning and me wearing oolong and sunstone stone edge mixed with t4. I only had 1 mod. If I had full dps gear I could have easily beat the second place dps and *maybe* have a competitive score with lightning guy. After doing it, I can see why you guys like dps'ing so much.
  20. thefirealpha New Player

My current loadout
    Fiery , SCombustion,Flashpoint,Inferno,Overheat and Volcanic Calamity its pretty good i almost 1 hit mobs in this loadout in solo mode