Serious Fire Discussion/ Feedback

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by TMadness, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Tocimus Committed Player

maybe if they did an actual revamp. not reskin with some poor tinkering.
  2. Tocimus Committed Player

Mass det with tactical mod is amazing.
  3. Dump Truck New Player

I agree
  4. Dump Truck New Player

Too bad it's impossible to spec into if you grab three unique burning effects.
    I wish they would switch spontanious combust and stoke flames.
  5. Tocimus Committed Player

last i checked you cant have all the top tier powers in other games either. so no biggie.
    you find the best you can with what you have........ not scream and rant till they change it..... this isn't World of Warcraft.
  6. Dump Truck New Player

That is a rather obnoxious post considering how many there are on the same exact topic or suggesting the exact same fix. Would you rather I said buff fireburst? Or listed the power by power ice/fire and which hit harder? (I think someone did that already though)

Being that you post as often as me I'm sure you've read that I'm perfectly fine with the changes, but advocating for the ranged dps that got beat with this update. Many seem to agree... and that is kind of self-defeating/hypocritical considering your posts on this same page saying the revamp was 'a reskin with poor tinkering', don;t you think?
  7. Tocimus Committed Player

its the truth. all i've seen since the forums merged was ps3 crying for easy mode.
    fireburst wasnt that great before gu23. it was garbage then, 6 second cast time? you already lost your dmg modifier from the previous ability.

only reason im touching mass det is the 3sec cast time makes it worth it for the constant 60% modifier. if it wasnt for the tactical mod, any casting in fire trees would dampen dps more then improve it.
  8. Dump Truck New Player

I think your counting is off. Try casting Mass Det again.

You picked the wrong person to go against. I have never mentioned fireburst. I've actually agreed it should be nerfed. You could probably find many quotes of mine to pull stating the same. However, when you couple the meteor crappiness with the inability to grab good unique burning effects and still spec Mass Det/Snuff Out, it's a huge blow to fire's ranged abilities... Meteor was a mainstay in most ranged loadouts as a primer and for it's damage. If a ranged dps replaces it with other unique burning (ranged/aoe as meteor was), they cannot grab Mass Det/Snuff Out. So fire ranged got a double nerf.

Also, a 60% damage mod is not as good as the two spin chop cancel combos I can do with WD, Inferno, FW, and Spont Combust in the same amount of time as your Mass Det (which misses targets still and is wildly inconsistent). I don't think anyone can argue that.

This does not address your stance though. On the same page as your previous post you exclaim that this was a reskin and poor. Now you are saying it's fine? Pick a side or change your mind, but try not to do so in the same post. It makes you look like a Schizophrenic.
  9. TrueMarvel New Player

In my defense. I did frequently spammed I'd rather have Fireburst completely removed. Fireburst isn't the problem imo. Meteor and the Tree order is whats holding Ranged fires back.
    Meteor buffed to its previous levels could supply the burst damage that ranged fire dps so desperatly needs. so far its simply melee and dot damage.
  10. Dump Truck New Player

I agree with you... obviously. but..
    Why are you appeasing? He's not even speaking to you.
    Stand your ground True.
  11. TrueMarvel New Player

I consider it more like clearing up a misconception. But if it sounded like appeasing that isn't the message I was attempting to send lol.
    Just want him to know that Fireburst isn;t the problem here. People could care less about a move that lost its touch at GU18(or was it 17)
  12. Tocimus Committed Player

this is why meteor was nerfed though, ranged dps drop meteor and just leave it in the way.
  13. TrueMarvel New Player

It should have been fixed. not nerfed. and even now it is more broken then ever.
  14. Tocimus Committed Player

the thrown version needs to stay hard
  15. Zylo Committed Player

Stay hard? Am fine with meteor throw but the bowling ball aspect shouldn't have been changed. As it is right now is just a direct copy of the ice bowlder when it shouldn't be.
  16. Tocimus Committed Player

unfortunately that's the part other powersets cried the hardest about. OH NOES its in my way momentarily. its messing up my HL macro! i cant dps now!

to be fair, bad dps just left it sitting there.
  17. Bonemonkey627 New Player

This is so true , they way you have to loadout with fire now , makes it so hard to even touch the bottom of the tree, unless you say screw damage i want that power ..
    • Like x 1
  18. TrueMarvel New Player

are we done trying to keep this thread alive?
  19. Tocimus Committed Player

no!
    make fire great again!