Serious Fire Discussion/ Feedback

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by TMadness, Feb 22, 2013.

1. TMadness Well-Known Player

Just realized I wasted time in a thread with people who don't DPS as fire.

Feedback after Update:

Essentially nothing has changed. DMG from powers are still inconsistent (ranging from 100 - 2k some cases 52 - 6k) I removed Mas det because of this issue and have Over Heat. Initially I was not very happy with this power, still think it can be tweaked. However, if this is the direction of fire there are SEVERAL that can be replaced.

Also the immolation created from Inferno does not activate the additional dmg in Over Heat, was this by design?

Testing more powers this evening was falling asleep.

I'm not ready to say I was wrong about the dmg output (least not till after tonight) but DOING dmg seemed easier which was my largest issue. I can do great dmg with Fire, always could just doing it wasn't as easy as macroing several clip-able powers like some power sets. It takes some serious time to do and execute. But last night I was doing some very silly things and my dmg just kept going. I do want to say remove Flame Cascade...power #1, I use to think it was the animation time that made it suck....no the power just sucks. If Over Heat is the direction then remove this.

Hopefully only people with real input will continue this conversation other wise I will continue you speaking to an unknown Dev who I will call Sally!
  2. FaLeX Dedicated Player

I just want them to fix my Meatball by....

[IMG]

to Normal, very inconsistent when i drop it from the sky now....if they can make a laser shoot from the sky thru buildings why not a Meatball?
  3. Tocimus Committed Player

I was playing around with powers last night. Flam cascade needs to go or has been bugged since launch to do poor dmg.....50+ is pretty poor for its rank. I'm not a fan of overheat either, just not enough for something supposedly mirror to electrogenisis.

Meteor needs more work, its current form is bs.

I like spontainious combustion, imo its great for solo and mobs. Especially with melee heavy dps.
    Detonate does a nice hit for low cost.

For now I'm running: spon combust, fw, enflame,backdraft, vaccum bubble, detonate/inferno.. seems to be working fine for melee or range.
    I know a lot will flame me for that loadout, but w/e its working and I don't care about having 4 dots....to much power for small dmg.
  4. OG ELITE Committed Player

OG ELITE
    Ok here was my old fire loadout... Fireburst, snuffout, flashpoint, inferno, fiery weapon, vaccume bubble. We all know fireburst wouldn't win a pillow fight. Snuffout used to crit for 2 to 3 thousand now its like 2 to 4 hundred. Inferno ticks are less and fiery weapon doesn't seem to do anything. Now I was never the best dps seeing as I mainly tanked but I could be a solid #2 or lead most groups but now this loadout is ****. I was led to believe fire would be fixed but I STILL have problems with casting powers and nothing happens but the power goes into cool down. I thought you wanted powers to be individual and not like others but now if I wanna be a good fire dps I gotta clip everything. If I wanted carpel tunnel I'd switch to hard light. You devs have ruined this power in my mind. I was under the impression we were just gonna get a visual upgrade and fix some of the useless powers but instead you ruined my loadout. After spending hundreds if not thousand of dollars playing this game for 2 years I am completely turned off by all this. For the first time in a long time I didn't even wanna play last night. Thanks devs for ruining my favorite game for me.
    • Like x 1
  5. Mr AFK New Player

I do t2 raid today ( help my friend on game) and player 77 cr (not full t3 ) with bow and gadget are better than me... im 90 cr with fire and brawling (full t4 with mods) ...

I want back old fire...
    he do better damage...
    • Like x 1
  6. TMadness Well-Known Player

Yea, the change to meteor only makes sense in terms of the destruction of the meatball. I think removing the additional one and adding multiple meatballs from the sky would be better. Keeps with the aoe burning idea.

@Tocimus I like the idea of Over Heat, that being we can add more consistent DoTs on targets. When you think about it the only reliable powers that did that before were Meteor, Enflame, Immo+Flash, Wild fire and the SCs. If they add more of these types of powers I think I would be good with the change.

@Doc this isn't a discussion about ice or any other power aside from Fire.
  7. Tocimus Committed Player

Why are you using flashpoint without anything to setup the pi? At least use enflame if you're going to be that close.

...we've all had to change our playstyle a bit. Time for you to try something new.
    • Like x 1
  8. TrueMarvel New Player

9. TMadness Well-Known Player

@ Elite try removing flashpoint and bubble and replacing with either wildfire and Mass Det/ Overheat or just remove flaashpoint and add wildfire.

What is your power rotation?
  10. Tocimus Committed Player

@TM
    I really don't like its placement in the tree though. I feel silly grabbing meteor just to get to it when I'm spending most points in the other tree
  11. TMadness Well-Known Player

OMG THANK YOU TOCIMUS! You are so right! Why place a new power like this underneath a power that really has nothing in common with it?! I'd be ok with this taking the place of Flame Cascade. Then removing Flame Cascade for something more in line with the meteor tree.
  12. Kristyana New Player

Gotta agree with some of the others here on Flashpoint...on it's own, it's a very bad DPS power and should always be combo'd with Enflame or Immolation since it does almost double damage with those two powers active.
    • Like x 1
  13. TMadness Well-Known Player

@Kristyana how are you seeing the changes affect your tanking or are they?!
  14. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Cliff Notes to the Update:

Cons:
    • Fireburst is an average power now, im averaging 700 damage less per cast even with 200 more might than the last time i tested it
    • Meteor is ruined and beyond saving imo - both versions are just bad and buggy, the only good one is tossed and it is the most bugged of the 2.
    • We did not get any power that changed tanking in the slightest, stokeflames would of been the perfect power for this, almost everyone requested a heal based on the amount of burning targets - IGNORED by the devs

Pros:
    • Spont. Combustion - great power now, i'm loving this
    • Overheat - like it or not its a decent power
    • Detonate - might be one of our best powers now, great damage, fast cool down, cheap cost
  15. OG ELITE Committed Player

Well 1st off I'm normally a tank not the best dps. I mainly used flashpoint to clip. I could be wrong about some stuff and I'm open to suggestion. My old cycle was fiery weapon, inferno clip with flashpoint into fireburst, diffent situations I'd throw in focus spin (staff) and snuff out
  16. TrueMarvel New Player

I never really used detonate. Is it single target?
  17. TMadness Well-Known Player

@Soul this is were I am at a loss I am still getting anywhere from 100-1k ticks on Fireburst. Which is one of the reasons I was able to stay top DPS. Whats yur might at and are you using any of the main frame mods?

@Elite oic I can't offer too much up in the realm of tanking, But as far as DPS I would say Flashpoint on its own (without immo) is useless. I'd switch out Flashpoint and use immo by itself to clip, though last night it wasn't doin the dmg it had been for me. You can also try clipping with wildifre/snuffout or Overheat.
  18. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

No my original testing there was no escalating might and 60% damage locks so all my testing is being done with no home turf additions.
    my might went from like 1720's to 1940's from 3.5 to t4. I run a very balanced build as i much prefer melee dps.
    All testing done with 50% buff after inferno.
  19. OG ELITE Committed Player

@tmadness I'll give it a shot because what used to work well barely tickles an add these days
  20. OG ELITE Committed Player

As far as tanking goes I'm good with it. Seems like a visual upgrade primarily although I have yet to pvp and check the self heals.