Red and Blue Lanterns

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Toshknight, Jun 3, 2013.

1. willflynne 10000 Post Club

There was a phrase used in the forums on another licensed SOE game that has always stuck with me when it comes to things like that:

Sometimes, canon must give way to gameplay.

If the devs can find a way to bring in other lantern powers in an interesting way AND in a way that DC approves of, I'm all for it. I've always been a little more partial to blue anyhow. :D
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

True enough, I wouldn't mind seeing at least the Legion brought in somehow. But if a new power set is the extent of the Lantern content, then that still leaves plenty of room to bring in all the stuff you mentioned. If it was a new power set AND a new group of missions (solo or group) related to the emotional spectrum of the DC universe, then there'd be some room for grumbling about it.
  3. Breen New Player

"You have some Lantern education ahead of you. Also, they're just Energy Weapons..."

This is exactly what Mepps posted in response to a thread regarding the new energy weapon styles.

I think people are cooking up a lot of ideas based off of one comment. If in fact they are following suit and releasing new powers in succession as they have in the past then I would like to know how a lantern power set fits in with "Trials of Trigon". "Halls of Power" I guess we could smash lanterns into a title like that but isn't it focusing on league bases?
  4. BumblingB I got better.

Please quote mepps properly.

It was a response to:

Out of context, it can appear to mean more spectrum lanterns. In context it seems more like he is telling him that there are 9 spectrum lanterns.
    ROYGBIVBlkW
    • Like x 1
  5. Breen New Player

^ Exactly
  6. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I want! But I think blue and red (if it happens) will both be tanking. Ya know hero/villain. That is all. XD
  7. NikolajR New Player

Hmm blue lanterns could be some sort of self buffing tanks by using their auras and I guess it could also work with the rage lanterns.
    Bonus points if the lanterns get a tiny power up/buff if they are in the presence of other lanterns. Like how the combo green/blue works wonders (though I don't know if yellow/red works together)
  8. Sparkman New Player

But you can also see it as him saying that DC doesn't want them to let people have light weapons, just like they don't want people to have green auras.
  9. Snow New Player

While I don't disagree with having the rest of the lantern colours, they should be added later and prioritize other more important things. If they do add the rest of the colours, maybe have an option to change the current lantern power or something like that and have the ability to switch role into tank. I'd rather heal with Water Powers or those Holy/Divine/Worship/Darkness/Blood/Demonic speculations than to use another lantern power.
    This is just my personal opinion so please don't call me a "hater" or "troll" as I am entitled to have my own opinions!
  10. Senshirou Committed Player

[IMG]

Nah. I'm jk. :p
  11. Neph Dedicated Player

Oh yeah, forgot about those powers...
  12. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

If you're an Orange Lantern you can never be accused of ninja looting.
    • Like x 4
  13. Volaron New Player

If we get blue and red lantern powers I expect my power change token to look like this.
    [IMG]
    and if you made Red lanterns Ram a SHARK you'd make my life.
    • Like x 1
  14. Tule New Player

Wow, what a horrible misquote. Not only did you change the meaning but you added "very soon". People really do hear what they want to.

A year or so ago I would say shut up about new lantern powers, they are never gonna happen. Same with water. But at this point I don't know anymore as they've been doing real well with talking to the players and so many people want more colors. I could see it happening eventually, but I not that soon. Then again they surprised the hell out of me with quantum tunneling.
  15. Cloud_9 New Player

Blue Lantern power rings require require the presence of a green ring to work fully. Guess what is currently flying around EVERYWHERE?

Green rings.
  16. Tule New Player

You mean Blue Lanterns are support rings? And people want them to be Healers. A support role? If only I knew some form of low level math to complete my thought.
  17. NikolajR New Player

well in the comics we saw that the blue lanterns could power up their auras and make extensions of their arms and so on. So I could see blue lanterns as a tank powerset
  18. Toshknight Loyal Player

yea. the hope battery and rings work a bit different . they supercharge green rings. but. the comic book rules dont really fully apply to this game. i read the comics , i even watched the new GL animated series and the Blue lanterns in there can make contructs and shoot **** out of their rings. but i could totally see them being tanks or Heals. and reds are totally moldable they can be anything
  19. NikolajR New Player

well if SOE are making a new colored lantern powerset it should be the same role right? Will and fear are both controller powers. So if we get those two colors of the spectrum, then it should be the same role? I can see people heal with a blue lantern but also tank. With rage I can easily see them tank but not so much have a healer spec.

But lanterns are hard to mirror like how they did with green and yellow. I mean on one side will is considered good and fear is considered bad. Fair enough, we know who gets what.
    Then we come to hope and rage. In my mind this is also not hard. Hope to the heroes and rage to the villains (though you can argue that rage can also be used for good bla bla) Then there are harder ones like love and compassion. Those two could be two different powersets and not just mirroring each other.
  20. shinros New Player

If they add HL powerset for the trials of trigon DLC I will rage so hard and I bet many others would too since its a magic DLC. Personally I am not interested in HL content until SOE/DC gives me my sintestro coprs symbol! I want it!
    • Like x 1