Red and Blue Lanterns

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Toshknight, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Adogg5 New Player

I think Apostate Rising is correct. He's not being pessimistic - he's being realistic based on the comments from the Devs.

We already know that the green aura is an issue and that they are calling the green/red weapon skins "energy weapons" not constructs. Also, we know that they made yellow/blue energy weapon skins. That's really it.
  2. Powerman New Player

Ok, then please explain why they released red and green on the PS3, then blue and yellow on the PC end? Why not release all of them at one time? Why did they release red and blue energy weapons at all? Why not orange and purple or pink.... I would have loved to see different fire and electricity colored weapons, but in those styles we only have one choice...

These are the hardlight weapon styles, they just call them energy weapons so that non-hardlight toons will not feel silly using that style.
  3. Breen New Player

I'm on uspc and I can only find red and green energy weapon packs...not sure what you mean by different colors on different platforms.
  4. Powerman New Player

They put up the blue and yellow as you can see on the OP of this thread, but then took them down. Which is why I and others wonder why not just put them all up at once if they have nothing more to reveal about them...
  5. Apostate Rising Dedicated Player

they always accidentally release stuff on pc end. it is either someone trolling, or someone not knowing what they are doing. this isn't "ps3 pity party time." you aren't missing anything.
  6. Captain Just New Player

With how sensitive they are with licensing issues I am willing to bet that they werent allowed to put up all four at the same time and try to claim that they are "energy" weapons and not light construct weapons... If they released green and yellow at the same time it would be the same thing..so by releasing green and red first, since there are no red lantern powers(yet) they can claim they are just "energy" weapon styles. Just a theory though, who knows what their reasoning is.. can't say logic is a motivating factor for this Dev team.
    • Like x 1
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All of the energy weapon styles were mistakenly available on a few servers. The rest will be available in the near future for everyone.
  8. Toshknight Loyal Player

Woot. and Green energy is Lantern Slang for construct. i mean...they say it in comics... the movies. the cartoon. thx for the Reply Mepps
  9. shaun10656 New Player

I hate when people say promote you to a lantern for one im not a lantern originally im a earth villain dps so how am I going to be promoted to a lantern if I wasn't one to begin with. I really love lanterns in all but I agree with other priorities don't want people excusing a game of being a heavy "place content here" type of game I really think they should do the blackest night event where all rings were duplicated and sent out to other planets but there modified. they should just add new lantern legends like atroctisu larfleeze and the blue guy name escapes me. if they do add lantern powers im throwing money at dcuo instantly but as wise people once say patient is a virtue.
  10. Toshknight Loyal Player

Saint Walker = First Blue Lantern
  11. Powerman New Player

Can you put the rumors to rest Mepps, will the next Healer or Tank power be the red and blue hardlight set?
  12. Neph Dedicated Player

No official reply, see if it was something they could debunk, they would have done it by now, even Mepps responded in this thread but did not address the issue
  13. Statman New Player

While I didn't see FNL, this is very contradictory to the suggestion thread on the old forums titled "DLC8 - Halls of Power"... lol. I guess we'll see what they do.
  14. Neph Dedicated Player

I want some confirmation either way, I think we desrve it since they can talk respond to all the QQs about queu popping ;)
  15. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Sorry, but this is wrong. You are not gifted lantern powers by way of exobytes. I remember the day I first tried the new lantern powers. And yes...you most certainly are DEPUTIZED by the corp and given a power ring. It even said a swearing in speech and had a big dramatic bubble pop up on the screen saying that you have been "deputized".

There is no exobyte involvement at all. It may appear that way in character creation because they didn't feel like changing the entire introduction to fit one power set, but it is not in fact a power given by exobytes.
    • Like x 2
  16. Saint Walker New Player

Please Lord/Devs, put in the Blue Lantern content NOW. Please. Pretty please. PLEASE.

Amen
    • Like x 1
  17. Neph Dedicated Player

Sadly I see no response, they tend to respond to a lot of moron-type rhetoric, and give those types of people a lot of underserved attention. But, since there is no confirmation that it will not be one of the next two powersets, it leads me to believe that it is by default ;)
  18. CAm New Player

I agree 100%. However, I think that a lot of people lean on the fact that we can tap into iconic powers which are not inherent to being deputized. The compromise being that we are exobyte enhanced humans who were conscripted as deputies.

It is the best compromise that addresses most (but certainly not all) of the major points of contention.

I actually still have one of my deputization decree items. Might create a dummy character and use it. Record the decree process and throw it on youtube.
  19. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

That would be great. Help people to realize exactly what is happening with hard light powers.
    • Like x 1
  20. Toshknight Loyal Player

please.... Blue lanterns can fight... Plus theyd make super bad A$$ tanks, cause they supercharge the Green lanterns. and they can make constructs just like any other lantern. theyr constructs are closest to Green and Yellow lanterns. then anyone elses. and Reds constructs Are pretty much anything too but theyr Static like looking and not all Reds puke