Nova's Magic Mastery Guide to Sorcery

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Whizzkid, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Maybe more dots in elite, but in reg everything dies too fast
  2. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Bump

To all sorcery dps and healers,

Let's HELP each other thru this transition. It be cool if players would throw out ideas for different loadouts, both healing and dps. Different ways to spec, weapons work best, play style, etc. I don't see anyone on test that will be revamping this guide. So let's use this spot as a way to help.each other. Tips, tricks, and fun ideas. All are welcome.

Tips my hat to my fellow sorcery players.
    • Like x 2
  3. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Can't wait to try some stuff.

4. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Unfortunately, this guide now needs to either be pretty much torn up and restarted from scratch, or at the least have most of it ripped out and only currently relevant information inserted to replace the obsolete information. As it is now, it's purely an historical document of a past time. :(
  5. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

First night of revamp.

I only had enough time to try one play style, weapon focused. I have no idea which masteries are good just yet. Since I have a 1h, I used it. Ranged mastery triangle hold ×2 was poo. Melee is where the damage is at for weapons focused. I was using the 2 melee masteries and they weren't bad. Had some nice crits. My loadout was offering, fury, WoD, neo-venom boost, karmic levitation, and final ruin. That 6th spot I think will be like in the past by either using a shield or 35% move.

The powers themself, I'm not impressed. I don't see the balance, at all. Before I logged for the night. I was trying all of the iconic powers. I believe these need to be used over sorcerys powers. They hit much harder. I don't quite understand the power cost for all the different powers. It would make sense that a 300 power cost move would do heavy damage while a 100 or 150 power cost move would do less. This is not the case with iconic. They aren't all good, but freeze breath, heat vision, and sonic cry or shout, are all 150 moves that DO crazy damage. They are a short channel, but the risk is worth the reward.

I don't like how CoD applies bad karma. Where are the sorcery dots? Soul well wasn't grea t or horrible. Depending on which PI applicator you use, CoD may not be worth it. Karmic levitation doesn't hit hard, it does fill my super. So it was working. Soul bolt was horrible.

To be honest, the powers and power interactions make no sense. Why did they swap transmute and shards? Transmute applies bk, and shards interact. I NEVER had power issues.

One thing I didn't like. Nature's pet forms are super charges that don't come back out of form. Why are they the only power that transforms and can choose to stay in form? Arbiter could be used as a dps or healer with a PftT loadout. I think either nature needs changed, or the other powers that transform get to choose to go back or not. They have the move in there ready to change back to normal. Why put it in if we don't get to choose?

Grand summoning is not worth a 100% SC. Unfortunately, our testers and devs have made iconics stronger than our own powers. Neo venom boost will be needed for weapons focused or hybrid. Baneful transmortifacation would be my 2nd choice.

I'm not sure if all 35% moves are the same, but they aren't hitting like they should. These are channel moves. I was seeing numbers come with three tics. My might was only 12k or so and I would only see tics of 3 to 5 k. Seems a bit weak for a FINISHING MOVE! Like I said, if they all hit like this, so be it.

I'll be able to do mkre this weekend. Something I find funny. Remember when the devs had us vote for the next power and serums were scrapped? Now we are ALL VENOM USING JUNKIES. Which ever dev wanted serums got it.
    • Like x 1
  6. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Vengeance seems to be doing less damage to enemies with bad karma than without. Anyone seeing this?
  7. loupblanc Dedicated Player

I did a simple test just 5 mins before maintenance shutdown.

I don't see any difference. Its like Vengeance is not interacting at all with Bad Karma.
  8. loupblanc Dedicated Player

To fellow dpsers, please do not neglect non-fury loadouts.
  9. L T Devoted Player

it's only 10% now, so it's difficult to see sometimes. It definitely works on the test server.
    Fury is still CR based, so it will be a huge win if you're not modded and don't have skill points. Once you have mods and skill points, hybrid non-fury with Arbiter or Baleful Supercharge is probably the way to go.
  10. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Hmm, I don't even see the 10% on Live right now, tbh. Even if its working as 10%, seems just too low to be even worth the time. Plus Vengeance is single target, no? So its only gonna be more worth it on Boss fights.

I only tested during Revamp 1.1-1.2, but my understanding was that Grand Summoning is still a powerful SC. Makes no difference to me, cos I will revert back to using Arbiter, the one I always used in the old days, be it for DPS or Healer.

[IMG]

Gonna take me a while to get up to speed, what with thinking about DPS and Support loadouts for 6 powersets (all the F2P ones :D).

As far as making a new guide goes, we should take inspiration from the new The Cutting Edge Gadgets Guide, which took over the old The Go Go Gadget Guide to Everything Gadgets.
  11. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

My question is this, how does karmic backlash not benefit from or set up the pi? It's got the pi in its name.
  12. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I have no desire to use fury at all right now. Everything I'm gonna try is without fury. I do plan on testing some stuff with Guardian for a solo or tankless alert build though.

13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I'm staying precision nodded for now. Fury was OK last night. Was was not ok, was grand summoning. Totally weak at a 100% SC. This needs to be a 50. Baleful or neo VENOM are the way to go for weapons focused or hybrid.

I'm also curious about movement mode SC and what effects it has with fury.

I've yet to try a loadout with the pet yet. That will be this weekend.

The weapon masteries make ZERO sense. Why do the longer combos not do more damage than the shorter ones? I was using 1h last night. From any distance the ranged hold hold is weak. The melee tap tap hold hold was OK. The best was tap hold hold. This hit well.

I'll be playing/working on it mkre tonight and this weekend. I'll keep posting what I find.

I'd like to know also if anyone has found a decent PftT loadout. After seeing what rage can do, I think something is were missed.
  14. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I can't. No PC, and I have a life. ;) Can't commit that kind if time.

But I will continue to share what I find with others.
  15. Infinite Onefunk Active Player

Trying to find a non pet, non weapon load out
    one handed with 1 point
    Super powered
    291 sp
    full might/ power, full cries, the rest in movement passives and health
    might/health blue slot mods
    about 2 might mods and the rest might/ power mods

Transmutation
    Soul Well
    Soul Siphon
    Condemn
    Soul Storm
    Baleful Transmogrification

still figuring it out
    • Like x 1
  16. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Karmic backlash hits hard and fast if you jump cancel or clip out of it

17. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Gonna try that tonight. Confused as to why it has no PI interaction though.
  18. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

And i figured out more bad news, kind of. Sorcery can no longer dog ANYTHING. Golden soul aura has been removed. :(
  19. L T Devoted Player

Movement mode supercharges are (I think) all 25% supers and none of them return power anymore.

Word of Power returns power, but not much-- about 400-500 with CR166 gear and no skill points invested in vitalization
  20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Does WoP give power to the pets?