Nova's Magic Mastery Guide to Sorcery

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Whizzkid, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Like I said, we have no clue what they will be doing.
  2. Black Jaq Devoted Player

The four powers that did not get mid range updates did not have the Finishers looked at for damage. We must not forget this fact.
    • Like x 1
  3. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Not sure what you mean.
  4. L T Devoted Player

The other powers got their finishers buffed to do AM burst level damage (when the target is under 35%) and scale with range. This was never done for Earth, Nature, Sorcery, or Electric.
    • Like x 2
  5. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Yes, but that is being removed. I know they are stronger now, was talking more after update.
  6. L T Devoted Player

I guess I'd assumed that the finishers would still be hitting really hard after the update. That will be on my list of things to test when it hits the server-- see if they all scale with range or not and check relative damage ranges. Finishers are absolutely painful to test though.
  7. Amazon Committed Player

Hey competent sorcerers,

I am coming back after a LOOOONG PVE hiatus for Amazon Fury 3, and have a few questions around sorcery, and changes in the last 12 months or so.

(I know there is a big revamp coming soon which should make a lot more variety in load outs.)

Right before I stopped, AMs were a thing, I play hand blasters utilising PET AM, I mostly heal, but in a pinch I can do some average DPS.

I am on PS4, and I love playing a summoner/curse type sorcerer, and want to try some unorthodox load outs ( outside of raids and elite raids etc)

DPS Loadout was: Transmutation, Grand Summoning, sacrificial offering, Fury, Weapon of Destiny, Circle.

Healing Loadout was: Boon, grand summoning, Invocation/soul-well, watcher, ritual word, rejuv, circle.

1.I used Grand Summoning as my main DPS Supercharge, it seems this is ALSO the new healing SC in fashion as it gives power back? Are Transcendence, Arbiter and Baleful still viable? ( do you still get knocked out of transcendence despite control immunity, hows old bat-face going, is still worth the transformation time to power spam?)
    2.Speaking of Baleful I LOVE the concept of this is it complete waste of time? Does it poly morph bosses? Are there particular instances where it shines? (i.e. with a lot of adds?) Hows the healing this gives out back to the group sis on the same level, is the dmg mitigation worth it, does it transform the boss?
    3.I remember you used to be able to polymorph enemies with casting, condemn/WoD + vengeance, is this mechanic still in the power set for PVE? It seems to have changed.
    4.Has the polymorph 25% SC been upgraded and useful yet in any content? I just want to polymorph my enemies to death, and can polymorph be in a viable heal load-out for smaller content.
    5.Looking at my above bread and butter type load outs, they seem to still be viable, wondering if there has been any significant changes to these combinations of powers.
    6.Soul Storm…. Is this actually useful … they removed the channel, but I dunno it still looks terrible,.

7. Does good ol final ruin deserve a place anywhere?
    8.Any other comments would be great.

Thanks in advance! :-D
  8. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I read nothing about Finishers being scaled back.
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

If they are removing mid range, the powers that were updated, should return the damage the others do on scale with those that were not update. It's best guess. Just trying to put 2 and 2 together.
  10. L T Devoted Player

There's no mid-range (and I miss it already) but melee and long range are still distinct. There's no reason why finishers shouldn't still scale with range, though there will only be two ranges.

EDIT: On the other hand, it's not like I'm coding the changes, so we'll have to wait and see I guess.
  11. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Dunno. I understand there will be melee and ranged. What I'm saying, or trying to say. Those powers that had their midrange update, like gadgets. Their 35% hits like a mac truck currently in pve, and carries over to pvp. Sorcery, nature, electric ect...who never had their midrange update. If those that were changed are not toned down, alot. Then ours will still be useless. As is, the 35% does not scale at any range. It hits for about the same. Plus sorcery's is still broken into 2 parts. That needs removed.

If you were to use the 35% in pvp on someone that should be killed with it, it wont. It brings them close to death, but will not kill them. Issues like this will not be addressed in the statsmatter update. They said later updates will be used to help balance powers.
  12. Black Jaq Devoted Player

But they did say damage would correlate to cast time though. Since they are 3 second channels they should be doing a decent amount of damage.
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Currently running offering, WoD, soul well, transmute, fury, and GS. Anyone having better luck with different loadouts? My damage in GoM seems like poo with no final boss. Anyone running dots with success?
  14. The Anxient Loyal Player

Does weapon of destiny only apply pi to single target?
  15. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Yes, but there is a way around that. When I dps using 1H flip slash. I don't target the boss or random group of npc. That was the PI is applied to which ever enemy you strike. The might damage may only come from the first npc, but the PI visual applies to everyone touched. If that helps.
  16. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Also, current load out that is doing crazy damage. I run it like a AM, kind of. Offering clipped with WOD>shards>transmute>repeat. All powers are used to clip the 1H flipslash. Plus I'm using the GS super charge of course.
  17. Protecktor MKV Committed Player

Has anyone else noticed that if enemies are low on life when fury's burst attack hits them, the damage it does is severely reduced. I'm thinking it does exactly the enemies remaining life total instead of whatever amount it would have done. For example in a duo, Fury regularly hits its big attack for 30k-40k against enemies but I've seen it hit for 1k against an enemy with very low health. I've never seen this on any other power for their "big hit" in the AM. Have other people seen this? Is it intended?
  18. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

So your asking if fury does real damage or fake damage, right? It does real damage. If there are powers doing fake damage like that. You should make a bug report. Healing is the only thing I know works like that, and people are fine with it working that way. Dunno why.
  19. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Damage numbers have been changed a while back. Its for all attacks.

If a target is on very low health ie 5k, even a big hit from an AM attack will only reflect the remaining health of 5k even though the general number from an AM big hit is lets say, 30k.
  20. Protecktor MKV Committed Player

Thanks I never noticed on other powers but I play this one mostly. I'll have to look when I'm on other powers to verify. Thanks!