MMO or Fashion Show

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Savior Prime, Mar 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Nah they definitely decided in January to do Flashpoint and they need to shift focus back to content instead of Styles in a superhero game where character design is the selling point...

But Seriously, I'm all for more engaging(and challenging) content but not at the cost of using the ip. We should and can have both. There are a myriad of other MMOS for me to play(Which i do occassionally) but DCUO tugs on something dear to my hear ...Superheroes and comic books. The genere of game in general is about trying to get the coolest loot anyway. Gone are the days where we had to sacrifice style for Stats. That was a biig selling point for. DCUO to my Knowledge was one of the first to have a "transmog" system at launce and no in game currency cost. Some people forget that the RP stands for Role Playing and not Raid Progression(came up with that one on the fly lol).
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Wow dude, the audacity on you just reached another level huh.

It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and rant about how easy it should be to create content,

You're like a broken record, you really are, its always something like this from you;

"Better raids, harder raids, 2 tanks every boss fight, get out of my elite content noob, blah blah blah.. i hope the devs listen to my god given feedback"

Like you're somehow the authoritative voice of the community.. take a seat mate, news flash too you, this game doesn't have any where more cosmetics than some other MMOs including Swtor, FF14, WOW etc. Your stance shows you actually probably have no experience outside of DCUO because if you did you'd see this game is pretty similar by comparison.

Your views in terms of content enjoyment as well by the way are entirely subjective, do yourself a favor and stop passing them off as fact.

You're welcome ;)
    • Like x 10
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Lol *applause*
    • Like x 2
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Oh boy I didn't realise we had one of Dimensional Inks accountants in this thread, wow, thank goodness crisis averted everyone...

While you're looking at the books can you let me know how much money they...

Wait, what do you mean you aren't actually one of their accountants, I mean you seemed so certain you knew their financial data, oh well ummm, I guess this got awkward for you then...

Um if we whistle and stuff other people might not realise the misleading nature of your post, let's be quiet, if we're lucky they'll walk past these posts, quick jump in there bushes over there it's probably a good hiding spot, I'll vouch for you and say you went the other way ;)
    • Like x 3
  5. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Lets be real proxy yall are making excuses and it's the reason we haven't had things addressed, you are the most on the fence person here you always play both sides with everything, you act as if you getting paid on the side..
    • Like x 3
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Bro, you're the one with access to the books, you tell me if I'm getting paid ;)
    • Like x 5
  7. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

About to check "flips through the books"
    Proxy Star "paid in pats on the back"
    Dang doesn't seem like a worth while payment to turn your back on the players to get some high fives from the devs. If you don't think they have enough money coming in to focus on addressing issues from five years ago something wrong proxy.
    • Like x 6
  8. Proxystar #Perception

LOL, liked your post cause the "High Fives" made me laugh :D :D

But no seriously, games thrive on cosmetics they make the world go round and keep the game going.

In comparison to other games, this game isn't realistically any better, worse or more focused on cosmetics than any other MMO I don't say this because I'm siding with the developers rather than the players, I say it because it's just the truth based on my experience playing numerous other MMO's.

I mean you can go take a look at SWTOR for example and see the marketplace littered with colored light saber crystals, base items, costumes and all sorts of cosmetics. WoW and Final Fantasy are no different, various mounts, costumes list goes on.

Games tend to focus as much on aesthetic cosmetics as they do on actual content because they both provide significant elements of player satisfaction, it's not a case of one being present without the other.

I know some people have subjectively been disappointed in recent content, I don't think it means they're focusing too much on cosmetics though, just means some people haven't liked recent content.

As for longstanding bugs I know there's long standing bugs out there, I know there's QOL issues that could be improved but again these things can exist in numerous games, this isn't too provide them with an excuse, it's simply a reality and they should be fixed, but I'm certainly not going to suggest "stop making cosmetics" to do these other improvements, which seems to be the implication put forward by a few posts in this thread.

I get the frustration, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't suggest somehow that cosmetics aren't important.
    • Like x 5
  9. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

Yep.
    • Like x 1
  10. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Lol Proxy it's never been bad blood between us, I don't mind the styles my only issue is at what point does the money being made off them tc going to be put into efforts like fixing things for years ice boulder has been bugged in some raids, weapon balancing been needing work for ever, we haven't seen a new powerset since 2017, we were teased bane like powers back like seven years ago, Super speed is pretty much the base movement for might dpsing. It's taxing to some of it us, when month after month a new time capsule is given but we seeing nothing from it. the Styles are def important you would have to be blind to not see how many players just enjoy dressing up.
  11. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i want a little anna wintour base pet.
    • Like x 1
  12. zNot Loyal Player

So you make no sense first learn to read what i said and others did.

Second of all Im saying they are lacking devs which would explain why we get small amount of content in the episodes if styles are easy to make fine then which work exactly takes their time so much that would justify giving us such narrow amount of content and rushed in the episodes? Even you said that they designed Episode 39 elite raid to be a speedrunable raid aka rushed content. The only thing that would make sense to me is that they put alot of time into things outside of a episode that have nothing to do with the episode content that takes so much time away that we end up with episodes like this.

And they can still do their fashion show if they would hire more devs put more time into episodes and no you are clearly joking right? Tell me a mmo that releases this much auras,materials,styles,head styles,base items, etc in a 4 month period COMPARED to the content it released the ratio between this,to say it again im talking about the ratio between these things if another mmo releases tons of styls but also tons of content in the Episodes then its a different thing that you cant compare. Im talking about episode content things that are exclusive for members the freetoplay events (seasonals etc) are not the same as a Episode!

And this is not a offense to the devs!

there are so many complaining also i was the one saying they should put less effort into making a huge open world and just re-use one to save ressources and time for other things in the episode and they did it for episode 40 and thats good! And you are always trying to sugar coat to get likes people that think that this is fine as it is are the ones crying that they cant find a group for content :) surprise surprise people are quitting!
  13. zNot Loyal Player

This is so true
  14. L T Devoted Player

I think some of this is just perception. There's a live stream every time new styles come out (and there should be, players like that) but styles come out at about 3x the frequency of new content, so one could maybe be forgiven for thinking that's where most of the effort is focused.

In the past you've done "Dev Diary" posts on the forums that highlight aspects of development. Maybe consider more of that sort of thing? Maybe posted to the main web site and linked to in Discord as these forums don't seem as popular as they once were. Also, I know you like the Big Reveal for an episode, but a series of short live streams highlighting just pieces of content or maps or environment models might offset the feeling that all you guys do is styles.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go get my Legion emblem.
    • Like x 5
  15. Proxystar #Perception

1. Making a "rushable" raid doesn't mean it's a bad quality raid. There's numerous things you've said about COUE I don't agree with at all and a few things I do. I've never really said it was a terrible raid, you're the one that keeps saying that... I've said it's not the best raid, but it's also not the worst, there's actually some things I like about it. So No, I'm not going to agree with you on that point and I never will, raids shouldn't be a boring, this goes forever, snooze fest, either by the way.

2. You've got to stop insulting "cosmetics" and the people that like them, especially the devs that design them, the way you're speaking implies their work is virtually worthless and again you might think so, but much of the community doesn't agree. You also appear to be making reaching broad assumptions about why content has been made that you subjectively, don't like and blaming the creation of cosmetics is what you want to blame, despite it not being true.

3. As for an MMO that releases this many cosmetics compared to even expansions and actual content I've already listed some for you... What you think a WoW or FF14 expansion pack comes out every few months? lol

4. your idea of copying open worlds, virtually ignoring them by the way, is no offense, stupid.
    • Like x 7
  16. MrStoob Well-Known Player

17. zNot Loyal Player

The idea is stupid? It got implemented already seems like my feedback is more valid then you think :)
  18. Proxystar #Perception

There's no bad blood between us that I'm aware of no worries, trust me, just because I share a different opinion than a person on the forums doesn't mean I feel any ill will towards them ;) there's very few people in this game community I actually legitimately detest :D

As some others have said I don't think those things are even really worked on by the same devs, the devs that can fix those issues for you are likely the same devs pushing to get you fresh content i.e. episodic content, not cosmetics.

As for new power introduction, there's obviously a lot of work involved in that because the introduction of a new power set creates far reaching balance issues, not just within the new power introduced but within all the others as well, it just creates an extra dynamic, I'm not saying they shouldn't do it, but that's barely comparable to cosmetic design in terms of work ;)
    • Like x 3
  19. Proxystar #Perception

What, you think your idea got implemented because they reskinned a Gotham environment because it was what was required for the DLC they were putting out? No, when an episode comes out that requires a new environment rest assured they'll create it.

This new episode coming up wasn't developed simply with your feedback in mind lol, there's numerous Gotham and Metro variants out there already. You think way too highly of yourself lol
    • Like x 4
  20. zNot Loyal Player

Mepps replied to the thread with that the feedback is valid :) where are your suggestions? Or im sorry how long have you been on the forums? Im sure your sugar coating has helped them so much to improve the game Thanks for your work!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.