MMO or Fashion Show

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Savior Prime, Mar 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zNot Loyal Player

Thats wrong im not saying the raid content is little because i dont like it ,it IS little BOP had only 2 bosses on both raids and both of them were very short elite raids did you not understand this?

Wonderverse had only 1 raid 2 bosses, COU 3 bosses only 1 raid.

Metal part 2 had a 3 boss and a 2 boss fight which is still less then metal part 1. Any more proof needed? Metal part 2 would be the better episode out of the 3 (BOP,wonderverse,metal part2) you wrote there since it also has good difficulty and design on phonix cannon elite and wasnt as rushed of a raid content. I would even say Wonderverse was better then BOP.

Metal part 1 had 3 bosses on each raid not a SINGLE episode after metal part 1 has this to offer on top of it MoM was a long raid and not rushed and also had difficulty i think you just call it a bad episode because you couldnt finish the elite version :)

MoM was one of the best released on top of that we had false idols elite which was a top tier raid aswell as i said one of the best dlcs i ever played.
  2. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Can you write at least one post without stupid guesses about what someone can and what cannot? Can I assume that you don't like SM because you couldn't finish the first round without 2 tanks or maybe you still haven't finished a single round successfully? I don't like MoM because of its structure, silly labyrinths between bosses (how many times have I seen people who got there for the first time wandering, unable to find ways to the bosses, because they fell behind the group), mechanics where you instead of playing as your character and your powerset, you swing a stupid sword or turn into an spore, or carry containers ...
    • Like x 4
  3. zNot Loyal Player

The sword mechanic wasnt needed for MoM i agree but that doesnt make it a Horrible Raid the difficulty,length,amount of bosses still remains.
    And the sword is better then being mind controlled or caged.
  4. Rejchadar Inquisitor

This is the problem with your posts, you do not see the obvious, your claims are based entirely on the fact that something you like and something you dislike.

Why is swinging a sword better than mind control? Nothing. This is purely a matter of taste.

Someone likes one mechanic, someone another. Some people like a long raid, some like a fast one. Someone solo, someone raid. Someone likes a 2 raid with 6 bosses and 2 boss fights in the open world, and someone like 1 raid with 2 bosses and an open world with 6 boss fights, but if you count, you see that the number of boss fights in both cases is the same. And this means that objectively the amount of content in both DLCs is the same (metal 1 and WW). Someone wants a new zone for a raid, someone a new zone for an open world. Yes, if you get either one or the other, then the content you like is less, but the content itself is the same amount.

It can be argued that there is less of it in the Legion than in the above (but this is not the smallest amount of content on the DLC that we received, we sometimes received much less in the past) ... but !!!! when we look at the DLC, we must also take into account all the events that occur during the duration of each DLC, in our case the Legion coincides with the "new" SM and 10th Anniversary (which gave us an additional raid and additional bosses in the open world)....At the same time, we don't have a single new event during Metal 1, see the difference?
    • Like x 5
  5. zNot Loyal Player

Thats true thats my opinion that the sword mechanic is better then half the group being caged like in FGS and i didnt say it was everybodys thought but i personally dont call a raid horrible because it has 1-2 annoying mechanics if anything else was top tier good and had much raid content.

Yup we did get content (freetoplay content) seasonals ,the 10th anniversay speedflux the raid was good but episode 40 also took them longer to make so its a neutral situation the speedflux and sm are there to keep us with some content while they make ep40 i assume? which is a good idea anything after legion they did was a step in the right direction. I hope it will continue like this.

My negative feedback is also mainly about episodes starting from BOP up to legion.
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

As much as I'd love to blame the pandemic for everything, it impacted how hard we needed to scramble at the start, but it hasn't really impacted the size of episodes or anything like that. We tried some different things to mixed results.

40 is back to a more standard structure based on some of that feedback, but it's not more or less content included.
    • Like x 10
  7. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I think a lot of people liked the premise of the bounty system you guys tried. The problem came in with the repetitious nature of them wearing on a lot of players which tied progression to them so heavily. No doubt MMOs are designed by nature to be grindy and repetitive but I think with tweaks to the bounty system it could be a great addition to the future. I enjoy the free currency.

Maybe if it was only ever tied to cosmetic items, rare fun drops etc people would see it as more of a fun side thing to do in down time rather than burning out trying to achieve all the gear and SP that come with it. Just my opinion on it anyhow.
    • Like x 5
  8. zNot Loyal Player

Thanks for the honesty Mepps

its good to know that we will get the episode structure what we used to get that worked for years and i think this is the thing we should continue to get in every episode anything else that isnt part of this structure should be added/something extra and shouldnt take away anything from the main structure. I also like the fact that we will get a Elite Duo for the first time.
  9. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

You cannot blame them for trying something different. I know a lot as well as myself were growing tired of the same same content structure every 3 or 4 months. We need them to want to innovate. Yes we should have some kind of familiarity if something is working keep going for it but there should always be room to try to tweak or add additional things.
    • Like x 3
  10. zNot Loyal Player

im not blaming them and ofcourse there are things to improve but the main structure like having 2 raids for example should be in every epsiode imo.
  11. Proxystar #Perception

The point being made is the same I've made to you before, just because you don't like a raid doesn't mean it doesn't exist. BoP had two raids therefore it was the same amount of raids as any other
    • Like x 4
  12. zNot Loyal Player

As a example: since both of these episodes got 2 raids i still wouldnt compare BOP raids next to raids like metal part 1 and say they gave same amount of raid content first BOP raids had only 2 bosses each,metal part 1 had 3 each raid

if both of the raids from BOP were speedrunable and fire and brimestone was one of the most easy and most underwhelming elite raids ive ever played now i know this actually doesnt directly relate to raid content structure of a episode but its more so about the difficulty adjustements that happened during that time. Theres a difference between 2 rushed raids and 2 non rushed raids.

And a elite raid that is easy will be in general shorter in duration and give the impression of a rushed raid and the less boss fights a raid has the shorter it will be too so yes BOP had 2 raids but to me that doesnt mean it got the same attention False idols elite and MoM recieved.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

So your subjective view of difficulty determines whether a raid is rushed? I'm not saying it wasn't easy (FBE) but I would never say just because 'some' of us found it easier that it was somehow rushed, that's just absurd.

I'm sure there were still players out there that struggled despite the fact we found it easier, that can apply to every single raid in existence, some even found Paradox easy, does that mean Paradox was rushed? lol

This is the part you never seem to quite grasp, you have a very narrow view of what you find acceptable when it comes to a raid and anything you find remotely lacking based on this very subjective narrow view is just chucked in the dumpster.
    • Like x 6
  14. zNot Loyal Player

Rushed means = quick i said that difficulty CAN influence this well if the current epsiodes are so ok and that im the „only“ person why did the older Episodes make it so far into the bracket list and none of the recent episodes? Also based on your reply there is no right or wrong and we should just let negative things happen because its all subjective from your viewpoint makes me wonder if you know what the words feedback and suggestion means?
  15. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Well, firstly, bracket was manipulated from the very beginning (by the players (many admitted this themselves and you know this very well), by the developers (who removed some DLCs from the competition (this, incidentally, led to the fact that many refused to vote or voted so that would spoil the results ).
    Secondly, you should pay attention to what results one or another DLC won, there were only a few where the difference was significant (70% to 30%), basically the difference between victory and loss was no more than 15%, this is much more important fact than the overall victory in bracket....
    • Like x 3
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I like the round-the-World-Bosses structure in theory, and I'm happy to play it for a while, but putting out enough (attractive) rewards so that it takes thousands and thousands of reward units, requiring hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of go-round-the-circle, hour after hour, day after day, week after week, month after month, and then REPEATING THE SAME THING for the next DLC is enough to drive away the most enthusiastic players.

It's just crazy. I can't believe any of the devs have gone around the world bosses, whether in Wonderverse or Legion, even a tenth as many times as required to collect even half of the available rewards, because none of them would have a moment to devote to their jobs if they had.

And asking the players to put in fifty times more work on playing than a dev ever will means that the number of devs who appreciate the difference between a reasonable number of turns to achieve a goal and a completely insane number of turns to achieve a goal is zero, and thus y'all Daybreak/DI folks lose all touch with what's a realistically reasonable number of runs in circles to ask us to do and what's an ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME, YOU WANT ME TO GO 2000 TIMES? requirement.

I'd seriously suggest that the devs work out some objective measure of how many runs in a circle (or any other direction) are a reasonable number for a DLC that they can test for themselves. Say, for every one hundred rounds they ask us to run (based on obtaining all or most of the end-total available rewards), a dev is required to do a single hour-long run.

I think if many devs actually were themselves required to spend 20 hours a day doing nothing but the same task over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, they'd get a vastly more realistic sense of what are a reasonable number of runs to set us up to be required to complete.

Because these last two DLCs have been utter madness! Making the game as boring and repetitive as possible should not be a goal.

The number of Time Beacons we need to get most of the significant rewards is, by my loose account, at least 7000. Which means a mere, what, 350 hours of super-efficient playing time?

And if someone plays, say, eight hours a day to get, so that's a mere, what, forty-five days or so -- assuming one is doing little or nothing else in the game -- of non-stop playing, all day long, day after day, for getting on towards two months?

DLC after DLC?

I can't believe any of the devs play even a tenth as much as they've set us to to need to do to earn the rewards. Tell me I'm wrong.
    • Like x 1
  17. zNot Loyal Player

Either way All top 4 Episodes in the bracket list containted 2 raids per episode AND they had above average difficulty overall proofing that these things should always be part of a episode and by difficulty im talking about the difficulty on the support rolls since this sometimes gets overlooked at.

The speedflux raid was a very well recieved raid by the community and it also had decent difficulty,people are enjoying SM which is a endgame difficult content i think its obvious what people want/need.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

That's because there is no right or wrong, that's 100% correct, I'm glad you finally realised it, that's exactly why something is "subjective", this includes your idea of "quick" by the way, because not everyone finds something quick...

Oh by the way, I'm starting to question whether you were actually around during Origin Crisis at all, because you do realise you're incensed by COUE's 11 minute speed feat, but somehow Paradox's 15 minute speed feat is acceptable and doesn't make Paradox rushed... hmm, quite the conundrum for you.
    • Like x 2
  19. zNot Loyal Player

Paradox had difficulty on all rolls and a better design we could adjust difficulty ourselfs and a elite raid ideally it shouldnt be short (15 minutes) but did you try paradox pre-nerf? Good luck trying a 15 minute run its obvious that a arena style raid would be quicker you are at the same room and have full action in those times you cant compare that to COU e speedfeat that also a ton of cutscenes especially with the second boss being so simple and easy and yes i also said before difficulty CAN influence this effect of rushed content.

And this is why its so important that Charon and his team really value this because the difficulty influences and enhances a elite raid longterm.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

The point I'm making is that the points you reference as indicative of "easy or rushed" in one example tend to move with the wind on another.

You can't say an 11 minute speed feat is indicative of a rushed easy raid then ignore a 15 minute speed feat in a piece of content you like but want to claim is harder, it's simply not true.

The reality is people were completing Paradox in 15 minutes pre nerf and certainly post nerf, if you were playing at that time you know this is true.

By the measurement of "time" Paradox was only 4 minutes harder than COUE.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.