Announcing New Episode: World of Flashpoint

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

FACE THE ULTIMATE PARADOX THIS APRIL IN "WORLD OF FLASHPOINT"

DC Universe Online's next episode features an impossible, time-twisted reality inspired by DC's iconic Flashpoint storyline. In this tangled timeline, the few surviving Super Heroes are caught up in an all-out war that threatens to shake the Earth to its core. It's up to you to stop the battle, bring foes together, and fix the timeline.

The new episode WORLD OF FLASHPOINT will launch in April 2021.

[IMG]
    The World of Flashpoint Featuring Wonder Woman, 2012

NEW EPISODE: WORLD OF FLASHPOINT

The time-trapped Anti-Monitor's revenge! The greatest paradox of them all, Flashpoint, has been pulled into our universe. In a world where Super Heroes have turned against each other and Professor Zoom has embraced a world-ending Paradox, who is left to fix the timeline?

Emperor Aquaman leads Atlantis in a war against Queen Diana and New Themyscira. Thomas Wayne - Batman - is barely holding Gotham City together. The Flash and his allies are racing to undo a critical paradox, but they still need someone from the future to leverage enough Speed Force to see it through.

In WORLD OF FLASHPOINT, it will be up to our timeline-anchored Super Heroes and Super-Villains to intercede where they can before the world we know disappears.

LANDON'S TAKE: "I was so excited when we settled on adding Flashpoint elements to our Anniversary event. After that, I just needed to see Thomas Wayne as Batman in Flashpoint Gotham City, and the team nailed it." - Landon Falls, Senior Producer

ROB'S TAKE: "We’ve been leading up to the World of Flashpoint for some time now, starting back in Wonderverse, and finally the pay off is here. I love how the episode spans the globe, bringing several stories from the comics together in new ways. That varied approach makes the whole feel bigger with higher stakes." - Rob Frazier, Lead Content Designer

JACK'S TAKE: "Flashpoint was the first time that The Flash really stood center stage, and I'll never forget that. While always a core member of DC’s roster of heroes, it was Barry Allen’s quiet heroism that protected Central City day in and day out. His biggest contribution had been his sacrifice during the first Crisis on Infinite Earths, but Flashpoint illuminated Flash’s rich personal history and his enduring effect on the DC Multiverse like never before." - Jack Emmert, CEO

THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT WORLD OF FLASHPOINT:
    • WORLD OF FLASHPOINT will offer standard and elite versions of ALL On Duty content, along with level-agnostic event versions available for a limited time.
    • The content will include open world missions in addition to a duo, an alert, and two raids.
    • The episode will feature Flashpoint-inspired versions of DC's most iconic characters, including Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg, and more.
    • The storyline will include adventures set across a diverse set of Flashpoint-inspired locales, including Flashpoint Gotham City and Nightmare Central City.
    • The episode will launch new player rewards, including gear, styles, base items, and feats.
    EPISODE 40: WORLD OF FLASHPOINT will launch in April 2021 on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.

Questions or comments? Join the discussion below!

DC LOGO and all related characters and elements ™ & © DC.
    • Like x 26
  2. zNot Loyal Player

This sounds very exciting.

Question: Regarding the Raids how many bossfights do the raids each have?

Have the Raids been designed to be long or a short raid like episode 39 Raid was?

And is there anything in the episode 40 Elite raids that was requested by the community/feedback/forums and implemented ? Like a specific design of the raids? difficulty etc?

Did the Episode bracket list have any influence in episode 40?

Thanks!
  3. Eve YouTuber

OMG YES!
    • Like x 4
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Very excited to see how an elite duo turns out.
    • Like x 10
  5. Eve YouTuber

Just realized that. Holy molly that's a great addition. I hope it will be both challenging & fun!
    • Like x 2
  6. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Sooo.. Does this mean we have an ELITE DUO?
    • Like x 1
  7. Eve YouTuber

yes, it says ALL on duty content. Pretty exciting ngl
    • Like x 4
  8. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Ohhhh YESSS.. Bring on the PAIN!!!!
  9. Wildcat Committed Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]I'm renewing my sub :D
    • Like x 3
  10. Caroline Dedicated Player

I. Simply. Cannot. Wait. :)
    • Like x 2
  11. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Elite duo will be interesting.

I will hold judgement until it hits test.
    • Like x 5
  12. Wildcat Committed Player

Hope this guy is no longer on PTO?
    [IMG]
  13. Eve YouTuber

Mepps, can we know when It's expected to hit test?
    • Like x 2
  14. Rejchadar Inquisitor

When the previous DLCs were announced, this column usually also contained new artifacts ... they are not here, I wonder if this is just such a wording or did the developers decide to change the course this system took?
    • Like x 3
  15. Telnano Active Player

Fantastic, one of the best DC Story Arc in the 20xx Years :)
  16. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

The old dev who was mostly involved with artifacts no longer works for them. Could be related. I just want some more artifacts now that I have fully leveled up everything to 200. I'm also waiting on the new TC. Soon isn't enough.
    • Like x 2
  17. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Grifter style please. That's all I want for Christmas
    • Like x 1
  18. zNot Loyal Player

I hope it will be on test early like 3-4 weeks before they launch it on live they usually do a livestream before putting it on test as you know but episode 39 was on test for such a short time i hope they wont do this mistake again.
    • Like x 1
  19. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Oustanding, sounds really good
  20. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Are we have bounties like wonderverse/ legion episodes , round in a circle ?. Or are we having bounties like previously episodes before that ?