Hope (Blue Lantern Powerset?)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Solarverse, Apr 10, 2016.

1. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Problem is, even though Indigo faces the least amount of potential lore restrictions as far as DC might be concerned, it's probably the least requested/desired of the remaining Lantern corps. :confused:

The best we could hope for (no pun intended) is for DC to ease up on lore restrictions, but that's not something I'd be holding my breath on.
  2. MrMigraine Devoted Player

There are people out there who want to make all-Lantern Leagues.

Give them a Lantern-Based Healer (Blue, Indigo or Violet), and they'd be happy campers.
    • Like x 1
  3. Solarverse Committed Player

Funny you say that. Neither DC nor Marvel is all that good at holding their own lore, much less worry about what a video game is doing.
    • Like x 2
  4. Backseid Devoted Player

I'm truly surprised they made a Lantern power set for the other two Support roles and not Healer.

Then again, its on par with everything else (never quite fully done).

I couldn't possibly care less about the lore extremists. Its flat out stupid to not have a Healer Lantern.
  5. ACE FREHLEY Well-Known Player

I'm not sure as of the last issue, but the last Sinestro book I read, Saint Walker was captured by Sinestro.
    Sinestro is looking to find a way for Saint Walker to be able to use his ring to benefit the yellow corps, even without the lore restriction of needing green (will) to fully exploit his ring.
    Hopefully this means the willpower restrictions will be gone, and can be used without any other restrictions.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. Solarverse Committed Player

That would be great, however I am sure there would still be resistance from the people who don't want to see another Lantern Powerset, even if it is a powerset that allows for one of each class to be completed. We can't force people to want it. Would sure be nice though.
  7. ACE FREHLEY Well-Known Player

You're right. We can't force people to want what we would like to see happen. It's too bad the people that are anti-Lantern, or "No more Lantern powers, we need other different powers!" do not think twice about shouting down a powerset that they don't particularly want.
    Or for that matter, if they are tired of Blue Lantern/water/whatever powerset that upsets them, don't read the thread.
    No one is forcing them to read threads that they don't like reading about.
  8. Solarverse Committed Player

I agree. For one, I couldn't care less about Munitions, Serums or anything to the likeness. However, not once did I run on to those threads and protest against them. Why? Because I am not here to rain on anybody's parades. I don't wish to get in the way of what other people want...even if I don't like it. It's not like I have to play the power sets...and I don't. It's a bit disheartening when others do it to those of us who want Hope.

Still, I refuse to become like that.

However, in all fairness, I did ask people what they thought. And even more fair, nobody has come to this thread with insults or rude behavior...everyone has been pretty decent in this thread. I appreciate that most of all.
    • Like x 1
  9. MariaTenebre Committed Player

That is why they need to cut support for the PS3 and focus on the PS4.

Me personally I think a better choice for a Lantern Healer power would be the Star Sapphire power. After all the power is faction neutral and gender neutral. The devs could give us the Star Sapphire power and finally give males iconic Star Sapphire gear because they seriously violated lore by making the Star Sapphire gear female only as comic history shows us.

However I would be fine with a Blue Lantern power just so long as they don't do Indigo as I am just not interested in them. I actually had a suggestion that maybe they could do Blue for heroes and Orange for villains and do some story where maybe Lex Luthor steams the Orange rings. That being said I would prefer the Star Sapphire power although for the Star Sapphires if they do make the Blue Lanterns the healer power they could just make the Star Sapphire power a power mode variation of Hard Light as that is pretty much already what it is in game.

Yeah but once the Indigo ring gets on someone it pretty much turns them into a hero with the Compassion and a Indigo Lantern would not be willing to do many of the evil things required for villainous characters.

I think that Star Sapphire power would be the best because they are actually faction and gender neutral.
  10. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Really?! Really?! Did you have to bring this back up again?

Look you even gave Maria another chance to jump on her misguided soapbox again. That alone is enough to avoid this.
  11. MariaTenebre Committed Player

I will continue speaking on both the Star Sapphire power and costume until I get results. If that upsets you then ignore my posts.
    • Like x 1
  12. ACE FREHLEY Well-Known Player

That's awesome. Stick to your guns and don't let anyone get you down.
    I'm all for making more powersets ( not just more Lantern based powers), the more the merrier!
    I also understand the limitations of memory space/all the limitations of the PS3 (if any)/etc., so any powersets wished for would be a long way down the road.
    I would also like to think that when people are suggesting powersets, whether Lantern based or not, they would realize that these ideas would hopefully be considered/implemented in the future, not NEXT, or RIGHT NOW.
  13. DocBarJovi Well-Known Player

I have no objections to more power sets based on the emotional spectrum in fact I welcome it. However if you wanted a heal/dps power set I would nominate the Star Sapphires (Violet Lantern Corps) for the following reasons:

1) Can be used by both hero and villains as Star Sapphires have been portrayed as both.
    2) Violet power rings have the ability to restore the recently deceased to life by drawing power from the heart of one that loves them. (healing)
    3) Although a predominantly female corps, there have been a few male SS' so it's easier to accept unlike Amazonians who never had a male member.

Plain and simple, those haters who say "NO MORE" to future Lantern power sets, I say this...You don't have to choose to play them.
  14. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

We have a Lantern Controller and Tank Power, Why would they not add a Healer power as well especially when their are two pvp characters who use hope, as well as raid and alert bosses (meaning there is a power set in their somewhere).

I'm all for Hope, or black and white
  15. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Blue as a heal never made sense to me. In the comics they are more of a troll for green lanterns. I agree Saphire makes way more sense.
  16. ACE FREHLEY Well-Known Player

The reason Blue Lanterns are generally thought of as healers are that they have a powerful healing ability, they can de-age suns(healing them), and purge the effects of a Red Lantern.
    Here's a scene of Saint Walker healing Arkillo's tongue:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. DeadSwag Active Player

I'm always up for more Lantern powers, but the remaining Lantern powers we don't have wouldn't really work.

Hope needs a Green ring, so what would that look like in-game as a full powerset? It'd just be a load of cool effects, like Quantum, which begs the question, do we need a powerset for the sake of having a powerset? Would you rather have "cool AoE effects" in Hope, or would you rather have something more meaty and unique, like the Venom powers?

I love the Lanterns, but I can't quite see how they'd work/benefit the game in any important way. I'd rather have an entirely new power.
  18. AlphaOrion Dedicated Player

Ya I'll never understand why people have to bring hate when people are suggesting new powers, I never jumped into any Munitions threads saying anything bad about it even though I think it's a boring powerset and should have never been released, in the live stream previewing it they even said that the stupid red bandana is based off of Rambo!? Wth does Rambo have to do with DCUO!? Really!? And then there's all the people complaining how there's to much Lantern content, LoL, so there isn't enough Batman themed content!? Really!? There's a ton of stuff in which Batman or some Bat Family character is represented, not to mention there's already 7 Batman Legends skins (if you include pre-oreder Batman) with an 8th BvS movie skin on the way. Sorry I've had my fill of Batman.

There is Hope though if your looking for a healer Blue Lantern, with Water on the way, from what I understand it's somewhat based off of Aqualad who uses mystical water Constructs in his abilities so it may be the closest we'll see to a Blue Lantern powerset.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. Ully Committed Player

Another thread like this? Geez, the devs have addressed these type of questions a million times. (Hyperbole, don't kill me. )
  20. Solarverse Committed Player

I brought it up over a year ago, almost a year and a half ago. So yes. As far as giving somebody a soapbox...this *is* a forum where people are allowed to voice their opinions. In fact, the only person who has jumped up on any soapboxes is you. You have been the only person who has come in this thread and insulted anyone. Funny, I even mentioned a few posts back how great I thought it was that nobody has been insulting, and within two posts, you do just that...not just to one person, but to another in which who you don't even know...me.