Hope (Blue Lantern Powerset?)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Solarverse, Apr 10, 2016.

1. willflynne 10000 Post Club

From past experiences and instances, if DC has a problem with something, it either gets changed to their liking or it doesn't make it into the game. We didn't get green auras for quite a while because DC said no. Then there's this little bit from the War of the Light Part 1 livestream, at the one hour mark.

DC doesn't just sweat the big or the small stuff, they sweat ALL the stuff. If they had a problem with ANY of the canon "issues" you've mentioned, in all likelihood they would never have made it into the game. Since they are in the game, though, they seem to have been just fine with the decisions made by the devs.

Just seems odd to go on and on about it when the keepers of the lore are just fine with it.
  2. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Based on what I have seen of DC they in some situations tend to be more lenient with the devs violating lore. They sweat some stuff far more then other stuff which they don't seem to care at all to a certain extent. Either way the devs violated lore many times and they should correct the things they messed up on.
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

According to you, they've violated lore. Going by what the lorekeepers have allowed into the game, they haven't.

As harsh and blunt as this may be, the lorekeeper's opinion carries a LOT more weight than yours.
    • Like x 1
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Get a friggin' grip on reality! Have they violated the lore of the real world by only making mini skirts available for female characters? Ffs...
    • Like x 2
  5. Solarverse Committed Player

Just to be clear here, quoting the last three posters...Marvel and DC have a very hard time sticking to their own lore. When you go against your own lore, it is hard for somebody like me to take their "lore" seriously. They have contradicted themselves to hell and back.
    • Like x 1
  6. DeadSteel Active Player

blue for hero males, indago for villian males and saphire for females, then dcuo could introduce power skins and you can buy the color you really want.
    • Like x 2
  7. Solarverse Committed Player

That is by-far the best suggestion yet. I would give it two thumbs up if I could.
    • Like x 1
  8. DeadSteel Active Player

thank you and power skins dont have to stop there we could get blue fire alt lightning and ice, green atomic, black and white celestial, hard light side swaps green to yellow, yellow to green or orange.
    • Like x 2
  9. DeadSteel Active Player

I wouldnt worry they will make water weapons with the water powerset, hell maybe they will be part of the summer event this year, be nice if water dropped around then too.
  10. ErnieB Loyal Player

no they wont, they said they will not add weapon styles again because it causes too many issues for the PS3.
  11. ErnieB Loyal Player

The last part would need to be approved by DC (well all of it would) and they wont.
  12. DeadSteel Active Player

well thats annoying
  13. Solarverse Committed Player

Nothing quite like smacking head on in to a brick wall going 100mph every time you come up with a good idea... :(
  14. DeadSteel Active Player

eh not so much an idea as much as what I thought was planned, ok new idea every one on dcuo needs to get a ps4 so the devs have less of an excuss to be lazy and we can get more weapon styles
    • Like x 1
  15. Solarverse Committed Player

I do agree...the PS3 limitation does get to be old. Seems that is the number one reason given for anything that can't be done. My daughter is wanting a PS4 anyway...maybe it's time to trade up the PS3 for a PS4. I play on a PC, so I would just have to get her a PS4 and game on.
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Even so, it's their call to make in the end. Nothing out there says you have to like their decisions or agree with them, but it is their decision.
  17. Solarverse Committed Player

Never made an argument contrary. This is obvious. And you are right, I don't like it nor do I have to. I have my own comic book publication and I can understand wanting complete control over what is and what is not. I can assure you, at least my choices have sound reason behind them *and* I stick to lore/canon with my publication. Nothing gets written before first considering past events and I take careful consideration not to be contradicting.

Marvel and DC is actually the very reason I started doing my own thing...I got sick of their contradictory and unorthodox writing.

However, in the end, as you stated, this is a DC game in which DC has absolute control over....regardless if it makes any sense or not, regardless if we like it or not.
  18. MariaTenebre Committed Player

They have violated the lore of the comics. DC has never stated they haven't and have been pretty lenient with them violating lore.

Actually that is a poor suggestion because Indigos are heroic and Star Sapphires are not female only.

Some male styles have skirts but I do believe they should make skirts for male characters as well. Also they have violated lore because the Star Sapphires are not female only.
  19. Solarverse Committed Player

Just to be fair, that is a fairly new (Less than a year old?) change. Previous to John, no male had ever been a Star Sapphire. So he is the exception to the rule, not the status quo.

This is no different than a Green Lantern being evil, or a Yellow Lantern being good...there are always exceptions to a general rule.
  20. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Actually even Geoff Johns stated that men are not barred from joining the Star Sapphires and men can join. Also men besides John Stewart have wielded the Violet Ring such as Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner, Superman Prime etc.

Also among the Green Lanterns if a Green Lantern turns evil the ring is taken from them ditto on a more heroic Yellow Lantern opposing Sinestro's aims.
    • Like x 1