Indigo (Compassion) Powerset

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Jafin, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Jafin 10000 Post Club

So as many people know there are a ton of "next Lantern power!" threads out there. Personally I don't even think we will get a Lantern power in the next batch of powers, but I have put together this powerset to show how viable Indigo would be rather than a Blue Lantern set. I had this in the "The next lantern power" thread but it was suggested that I give it a thread of its own.

Once again this is just my own mock up, and I don't even expect another Lantern power in the next year. This is just to show how it would work.

Power Tree #1: Pity
    [IMG]

Tier 1
    Energy Blast: A blast of Indigo energy is unleashed from your ring.

Tier 2
    Imprison: Open a wormhole, summoning a Star Sapphire. Channel their power to imprison the enemy in a violet crystal. Depending on your role the enemy will either deal damage to surrounding enemies or heal surrounding allies when they breakout of the crystal.
    Phase Attack: Phase beneath the ground and reappear in front of your enemy, smashing them with your staff.
    Wormhole: Use the Indigo Light to open a wormhole and proper yourself forward. (Basically Quantum Tunneling)

Tier 3
    Army of One (50% Supercharge): Open a wormhole, summoning Larfleeze. Channel his mastery of the Orange light of Avarice to create an onslaught of Orange Lanterns to assault your enemies.
    Staff Rush: Leap forward and rush your enemy with a barrage of staff attacks.
    Goodwill (35% Supercharge): Create a protective aura of Indigo light to protect your allies and decrease incoming damage by 50%. (Similar to Celestial's Consecrated Ground)

Tier 4
    Ring Duplication: Open a wormhole, summoning a Green Lantern. Channel the power of the Green light of Will to duplicate the green ring and increase damage for you and up to three teammates for a short time. (Damage buff basically)
    Instill Fear: Open a wormhole, summoning a member of the Sinestro Corps. Channel the power of the Yellow light of Fear to cause damage to your enemies and instill Panic.

Tier 5
    Hopeful: Open a wormhole, summoning a Blue Lantern. Channel the power of the Blue light of Hope to create an aura of healing around the selected enemy that will heal your allies.
    Wrath of the Butcher: Open a wormhole, summoning a Red Lantern. Channel the power of the Red light of Rage to construct an image of the deity of Rage, the Butcher, to rush toward and damage your enemies.
    Final Blast: Blast a beam of Indigo light at your enemy. Enemies below 35% health will take extra damage.

Power Tree #2: Concern
    (ignore the misspelling of Absorption :p)
    [IMG]

Tier 1
    Energy Twin: Use the Indigo light to create an energy twin to attack your enemies. In Healer role the energy twin will heal you and your allies. (This is where the creative liberty comes in to play - normally an energy twin is like an astral projection of the user and their body remains motionless. However this would work like Amon Sur's Yellow light pet in Legends)

Tier 2
    Forcefield: Construct an energy forcefield for you and up to three teammates from Indigo light.
    Pulse Blast: Bombard your enemies with a pulse of three blasts of Indigo energy.
    Chain Blast: Construct a chain from Indigo light and throw it at your enemy, dragging them close to you. Press Melee to blast your enemy with Indigo energy from your staff.

Tier 3
    Cellular Regeneration: Tap into the power of your Indigo ring to heal you and up to three nearby allies.
    Energy Absorption (50% Supercharge): Absorb the energy of nearby foes and distribute it between you and your team, restoring health and power.
    Prism: Open six wormholes, summoning one member each of the Green Lantern Corps, the Sinestro Corps, the Red Lantern Corps, the Blue Lantern Corps, the Star Sapphire Corps and Larfleeze. Channel all six of these members' powers and combine it with your Indigo light to bombard your enemies with a rainbow of light energy. (Another creative liberty. Indigo Lanterns can only channel one corps at a time, but that would be overlooked for this ability)
    Restoration: Construct an Indigo forcefield for your energy twin, protecting it from harm and restoring power to it.

Tier 4
    Vice Grip: Construct a vice grip from Indigo light, squeezing the life from your enemy.

Tier 5
    Nok: Hold your staff high in the air and radiate healing Indigo energy to surrounding allies.
    Without A Trace: Use the power of your ring to refract light, making you invisible to surrounding enemies for a short time. Damage for the next 3 seconds is doubled. (This would probably be too overpowered, but I wanted to get the invisibility thing into the power)
    Indigo Barrage: Open a wormhole, summoning two members of the Indigo tribe. You and your Tribesmembers will bombard the enemy with three beams of Indigo light.
    • Like x 22
  2. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

You've done well with this powerset, & make an impression of competent companion. So why negate obvious at all? We've 2 lantern-based DLC's ahead, & can't put batch of powersets inside trilogies to not touch them - it's one. Devs won't add non-lantern power in Lantern DLC - it's two. The only way is use final parts of Amazon Fure & Halls of Power for powers & use first of unknown DLC's after that, but then break between powers will be equal to 6 DLC's so l doubt that. Or make a space inside batch of powers to not touch WoL #3.
    At all, that is absolutely not fair leave Lanterns without healer role. Already today are Lantern-based Leagues, healers inside which only invited if they sworn to switch Lantern Healer Powerset once it comes. If it will not come - they all will rioting like a pack of hells :mad:.
  3. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

4. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

Very well thought out power trees, awesome work.
    The thing that puts this above the others out there in my opinion is that its extremely canonical with DC Lantern lore, in that the Indigo Tribes rings dont work like Greens or Yellows or Blues, but instead allow its user to channel all the other Corps powers, and you incorporated that really well.

My only suggestion would be to replace the multiple "Wormhole" powers and tone them down slightly. Instead of a whole animation of waiting for another lantern to appear, you could replace it with your toon slamming its Indigo Tribe Staff on the ground and an animation similar to MAs Spinning Punch happens (eg. Staff slams on ground and the Lantern Corps your channellings Symbol lights up beneath your feet). The only reason im suggesting that change though is to cut down on memory usage as each power does have a set limit.

Really good job though, you either knew Indigo's before or did your research but each and every power fits really well with that Powerset.
    • Like x 1
  5. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Tor Lorek San!

(That means +1) :)

Nok.
    • Like x 4
  6. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

Or if it's all too difficult - maybe just a beam with lndigo borders & another-colored center (yellow, green, red, blue, pink etc). Just like mental's Pyrokinesis & Cryokinesis abilities - cylinder-shaped purple beam with fire or ice inside. Devs could even just reuse exactly same animation as mental, but another-colored, which means extra PS3 RAM economy!
    • Like x 2
  7. thelight420 New Player

• Like x 1
  8. thelight420 New Player

I love the phase move idea!
  9. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Yeah the whole summoning an actual member of the corresponding corps thing was something I was in two minds about. I had thought to maybe summon just a ring, like how in the Metropolis in DLC 9 Blue, Red, Green and Yellow rings will randomly fly down and scan and have the player channel the power like that, but I was unsure if that would be feasible, canon-wise. Totally agree with the whole memory thing. If it was to be implemented they could of course use models that are already in game, perhaps even have the summon be a random member between maybe 3 or 4 character models.

I do quite like your slamming idea. If DC allowed that I would actually prefer that.

I did know most of it about the Indigos beforehand but I had the Indigo Power Ring page of the DC Wiki open also while I was making it to make sure I got things right, and also for some inspiration. Green Lantern was what got me into DC Comics in the first place so I always clamour to find out as much as I can about all the corps. Indigo are probably my favourite because of how mysterious they are.

Thank you for your kind comments. :)
    • Like x 2
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Yep I have a teleport power in there, it's the one called Wormhole. I know I misspelled "propel" as "proper" so maybe that wasn't clear. It was too late to edit the post by the time I noticed it :p
    • Like x 1
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Thanks everyone for the kind comments, I really appreciate it.

If anyone has any critique or negative feedback I am also open to that.
  12. Derio 15000 Post Club

You did very well. However I do not think that this powerset should get a supercharge like celestials conscecrated ground, that might diminish what hope that is still in celestial. However still a great job.
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I just couldn't think of anything else so decided to steal it :p
    • Like x 1
  14. JRsoFLY_123 Committed Player

So basically this thread proves Hope lantern < Compassion Tribesmen(which is funnier).

This thread is...

Sgt Approved!

P.S. what program you do this in?
  15. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I'm not a supporter of lantern healers, but I think you did a good job. :)
  16. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Looks like it's time for me to create my Shadow Controller thread.
    • Like x 1
  17. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Microsoft Paint :p I just downloaded pictures of the two Sorcery power trees and then in Paint made white circles over the pictures so I could put words inside.
    • Like x 1
  18. Jafin 10000 Post Club

This right here is why I don't think we'll be getting a Lantern healer power in the next batch of powers. I firmly believe a Shadow/Darkness set will be introduced in WotL Part 3 because it fits perfectly. Light casts shadows and without light there is darkness. All the entities of the emotional spectrum have gone missing in the storyline, so that points to Shadow/Darkness for me.
  19. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

l'm sorry, but same logic could be used about possible introduction of Atomic Powerset autumn 2013 (WoL #1). What is light? Visible light is a narrow part of spectrum of electromagnetic RADIATION. Radiation Powers = Atomic Powers. Thus WoL #1 could contain Atomic Powerset, but not rage. #FITSPERFECTLY. Or "brutal/physical" powerset, dealing with blood due their similarity to red lantems. Nay, we got exactly red lantem's Rage.
    Big deal is - Shadow/Darkness part is about harnessing Shadowlands - magic dimension of primordial void. Magic, which means it #FITSPERFECTLY into some of magic-related DLC, like Amazon Fury or like that. Nothing to do with lantems otoh, which deal with emotions. Worse than fifth dog's leg. In which connection emotions to darkness? :rolleyes: And are you still think about possibility of Water Powers with both PS3 remaining & hinting about upcoming Aquaman trilogy after HoP #3. If we got water in next batch - which powers will we get there? That all arguments are pretty lame!
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Eh, no. That's going too far. When you break everything in the universe down to their smallest components it's all made of atoms. When people think about the opposite of light then obviously the answer is darkness, and Shadow powers have been heavily requested over the years. And yes I still think Water is a possibility.

Also Shadow/Darkness powers do not come from Shadowlands in DC comics, they come from the Darklands.

The next three powers I personally think are coming, in no particular order, are Water, Shadow/Darkness and Atomic/Energy.

But anywho let's not turn this into one of those kinds of threads.