Hope (Blue Lantern Powerset?)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Solarverse, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Shellheart76 Active Player

We literally have two. It's a bit hard to justify 2 powers as "a bunch".
    • Like x 4
  2. metalfenix Committed Player

I'm not a lantern fan, but if they release blue or indigo lanterns as healers, it would be my first lantern character.
  3. Shellheart76 Active Player

Star Sapphire rings have the ability to heal,and we've yet to see a villainous Indigo Lantern,whereas we've seen Star Sapphires in villainous roles in this game. As for Hope,certain powers are already in legends characters,so it's not like it'd be impossible or too far out there.
  4. Darh_Lord_kuro Active Player

we also already have the weapon style, something we don't have for actual power (speaking of you munition and atomic)
  5. Karnevil Committed Player

I would like to use the power of hope in order to get on actually play this game.
  6. Darh_Lord_kuro Active Player

before monthly content was announced i thought it would be out in war of the light part 3
  7. KidKaos32 New Player

I could see Blue for Heroes and Orange for Villains but not like Larfleeze to share. lol Personally I want to see all of the Light Powers in the game. along with the missing Energy Weapon styles.

Also would like to see Larfleeze in Legends Along with Carol Ferris
    • Like x 1
  8. Solarverse Committed Player

Really? I guess I just don't get on these forums much...too much bickering for my taste. However, the last time I recall one of these threads being brought up, was last year. I believe you, I'm not on here enough to argue with you, just surprises me is all.
  9. Zenith Well-Known Player

I'd definitely like to see this happen. Since this is all fiction, it can be made to fit into the lore if the developers want it to.

[IMG]
  10. Unida Dedicated Player

ugh no thanks.

we've had so much Lantern stuff, 100% over it.
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

At this point i say no. They cant make it work with the lore. And id rather see shadow powers before more lantern stuff. Also considering how HL/rage have been lately why bring another sub par lantern powerset in the game? Plus i think shadow controller power would be awesome. Or serums that was already announced. Hopefully serums is still planned at some point.
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Some are using Quantum to mimic being a Blue Lantern.
    But Water could be a better option. And it would give us a Healer Lantern. ;)
    Guess we will have to wait and see once Water comes out.

13. Solarverse Committed Player

There are two reasons I do not use Quantum for my Blue Lantern.

First, it is not a healing set, and I take a strong stance that Hope is a healing set...even in the comics (Which I have read all the New 52 GL, GL Corps, GL New Guardians, Red Lanterns) and everything I have read strongly indicates that Blue is *the* healing power set for Hard Light. Even databases confirm this. Since I strongly agree, I am kind of stubborn with how my Blue Lantern is to be played. So heals all the way. Which is why I have been using Celestial.

Secondly, I already have a Quantum themed character, which also happens to be my main character, (See my sig) Solarverse. He is both DPS and Troller, so adding the same power set to another character that I already play on a regular basis would get mind numbing quickly for me.

Now...Water, if I am to understand correctly is supposed to be a Healing power set...that would work perfectly until such a day comes when Hope is added to the game. And if it is not, I think I would be okay with using water. I have my fingers crossed for it being at least a blue tint...that would work out rather nicely. Then all I would ask for is a blue ring cosmetic. :)
  14. Senko Committed Player

I rather hope we don't get more lanterns we really don't need all 7 spectrum colours and the black/white rings as player options. I'd prefer to see other superpowers. Of course I'm not sure how many are still untapped aside from the niche powers like producing bouncing gold balls maybe a sound based powerset or expand the superspeed movement into its own powerset e.g. flash iconic?
  15. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

It's not going to happen was already stated they are not making any more lantern powers they have enough already and it's time to make other powers that the game doesn't already have
  16. ErnieB Loyal Player

It's not going to happen, not only because they don't want to, but also DC. And it also has to be a neutral power, which hope can't be anyways. But yeah they simply don't want to do it.
  17. UltraVillain Committed Player

Lantern content is already imo hugely overrepresented in this game and the power sets seem consistently the most unbalanced and ugly feature we have imo. So while I understand the desire for symmetry I'd just much rather see other power-sets that represent the wider variety of DC, notably a physical powerset ie the much lamented Serums, a true speed set, illusion, cybernetics.....etc or else a significant revision of the iconic powers so that they become valid alternatives that breed build individuality back into the game.
  18. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I donĀ“t care what colour they choose, I just want a lantern healing set. Please please please. Totally willing to wait.
  19. Darh_Lord_kuro Active Player

I don't want all the spectrum either just 1 to make a healer lantern
    You can hope for anything in life even the world domination or destruction
    And we can also say that we also got to much fake super power like gaget and munition and now maybe serum
  20. ChillCat Loyal Player

No Serums. Terrible idea.