Hope (Blue Lantern Powerset?)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Solarverse, Apr 10, 2016.

1. bull425 Well-Known Player

If for any reason you shouldn't hold your breath because they can only get to 1 or 2 powers at most per year. Being a superhero game, and with all the sets we have and the development time, this is quite fair I would think, although 3 would be preferable.

Having said that, DC comics right. Uhhh, hmmm, lantern themed lore is deep rooted in it. So yeah, blue, indigo, star sapphire, why not? It's in the lore. A superstrength/invulnerability set, why not. Point is, no power idea is a bad one, and people that shoot it down only want what they want, they don't look big picture. Darkness, growth, shrinking, sonic, another natural type set like gadgets, heck yes, they hopefully will all make it in at some point. Bring it all on. Don't like it, don't play it. Pretty simple.
    • Like x 2
  2. Solarverse Committed Player

Wow, I really do hope it looks like that. That would actually be great if they did....AND...it's going to be a Healer Powerset? I would be happy with that. Only thing I would want at that point would be a blue power ring....maybe as a Blaster Weapon?
  3. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Id rather they have black cuz I think it be funny when a black lantern couldn't kill anything cuz it's too weak like the other lanterns.
  4. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Thanks for the support and I will continue to call out devs for violating lore such as making the Star Sapphire gear female only, making the Indigo Tribe and Black Lantern gear faction neutral and making Cheetah American. Also This forum is a place where we can get on our soap box for the powers we want and I personally think that lore wise Star Sapphire powers would be the best healer lantern but I would also be fine with Blue Lantern powers just so long as it isn't Indigo as I have no interest in that power.
    • Like x 2
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Star Sapphires have the same small healing ability that all the lantern corps have. Indigo and Blue are the only two (permanent) corps that have shown a larger ability to heal, and the Indigo Tribe is literally comprised entirely of villains who are under partial mind control by their ring. The rings have malfunctioned in the past in the comics and all the members of the Indigo Tribe aside from Indigo-1 went straight back to their psychopathic, murdering ways. With the artistic liberties the devs are allowed to take with a power such as Rage I don't think it would be too much of a stretch for them to be allowed to say that a villain using an Indigo ring would be because the mind-controlling aspect of the ring was malfunctioning or that the mind control aspect just wasn't an aspect of a reservist ring.
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Except, you know, the loremasters (DC) probably had to approve all those decisions. And if that is the case? Well then you're kinda barking up the wrong tree in blaming the devs. ;)
  7. DarthJafo Committed Player

More than enough lanterns already. This isn't a green Lantern corps game after all. I really like the idea of Shadow for a controller. I might even make a Shadow Lass character just as a placeholder
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Except it really wouldn't be, not in terms of power selection anyway.

If by some chance a Lantern healer were to be part of another batch of powers (after Water is added), that would make it three power sets out of eighteen that were inspired by the various corps. That comes out to about one-sixth of the powers. It's a far cry from a game like TOR, where half of the game's professions are centered around one aspect of that game's universe (Force use).

The high visibility of the Lantern-based powers AND the amount of Lantern content that came in with the War of the Light storyline doesn't help the perception, I'll admit. The visibility of the powers alone can make it seem like there's nothing but Lanterns at a given moment. But adding a Lantern-based Healer wouldn't really make this the kind of "all-Lantern" game that some might think.
  9. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Yes, so far, I've paired every weapon style to the appropriate characters to correspond with their powers except for those two that don't have anything. I've used Tech again for my munitions guy and just none with hand blasters for my atomic guy. Once water comes out I plan to use the Blue Lantern weapon style with whatever weapon that I decide to use for my future water toon, but not because I want to make a Blue Lantern, but because I simply think that the blue light style of the weapons can easily be substituted for water weapons like Mera of Aqualad create since there isn't currently anything else that can be used and I have a weapon style that I've purchased that I currently have no use for.
  10. iAquamanJLA Well-Known Player

They would probably have to do blue for heroes and orange for villains, but they would have to be controller because I don't think orange should be healer.
    • Like x 1
  11. Zenith Well-Known Player

Blue could work for both factions. Villain doesn't necessarily mean evil, they can still inspire hope.
    • Like x 1
  12. MariaTenebre Committed Player

I honestly don't think it was DC because DC has had males wielding Violet Light before most recently John Stewart is a full fledged member of the Corps. DC seems pretty lenient on the devs violating lore to a certain extent like how they made Cheetah an American, how they made the Amazon and Wonder Woman gear for both genders and how they made the Indigo Tribe and Black Lantern gear for both factions. Based on the comics use of Star Sapphire males I bet it was the devs who flubbed up and made the gear for females only probably for sexist and heterosexist reasons.

Yeah but when the Indigo ring is functioning the people wearing the rings are pretty much turned to heroes. I think that Star Sapphire power would work better as there have already been Star Sapphires of all genders and factions. Also Rage is a bad comparison because there have been Rage users and when you become a Red Lantern it doesn't make you immediately evil just rage filled. Where as say the Black Lantern ring makes you immediately evil and the devs foolishly made that gear for both factions.

Besides I just have no interest in making an Indigo character I will only made another Lantern if they are either Blue or Violet which are more popular anyways,
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Please stop saying John Stewart is a full fledged member of the Star Sapphires. He was a member for a grand total of a few pages in a single issue of a comic. The devs have said before that it was their own decision to make the SS gear female only because the majority of members have been female in the past. Nobody is saying men can't wield the violet light of love, they're just USUALLY not worthy in the eyes of the Star Sapphires.
  14. Corsair X Well-Known Player

Water, Serums, Shadow first then I'd like to see Blue, Orange (pet constructs), Sapphire Lanterns. But ONLY after the other cool individual powers are released.
    • Like x 1
  15. Corsair X Well-Known Player

You tell em brother. I still think Lantern stuff needs to go on back. Runner for now. Bring me Water! I want water based styles too. For ex. Shark head, fins, webbed feet.
  16. MariaTenebre Committed Player

John Stewart was still a member and other males have wielded Violet Light. Plus men can join Geoff Johns said so. By extension the majority of Red Lanterns have been pretty villainous in comic history and in game Guy Gardner is the only heroic Red Lantern in a sea of villains. By extension they made the Amazon and Wonder Woman gear for both genders when there has not been one male Amazon. The devs violated lore by making the Star Sapphires female only for what I bet are sexist and heterosexist reasons and they should change that. Men can still wield Violet Light just as heroes can join the Red Lantern Corps so their decision was hypocritical and it violates lore to make the Star Sapphire gear female only and it ignores the males that have wielded Violet Light so they went against canon. More men have joined the Star Sapphires then there have been male Amazons and Wonder Men and yet the devs made their armor for both genders. By making the gear female only it is effectively saying that only females can be Star Sapphires which is not true and violates the comic lore.
  17. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Why are you bringing all that stuff into this? All I was asking you to do was stop saying that John Stewart "is" a member of the Star Sapphire Corps as you have been doing for several months as that information is completely inaccurate. The devs wanted to make a separate set of gear for male and female characters. End of story. They did it because they WANTED to. I don't even know why the hell you're bringing heterosexism into this at all, you're really just clutching at straws there. I have seen plenty of DBG staff openly give their support to the LGBT community as well as the official Daybreak logo being changed temporarily for pride last year. You're making off like the entire staff is just a bunch of alpha males who hate women. I would just like to point out that the creative director of this game is, you guessed it, a woman! And a fantastic one at that.
  18. ParadoxVanguard Well-Known Player

Indigo Tribe is considered neutral in DC Comics lore. If you consider them good or bad is your business but official word from DC Comics is that they are a neutral lantern core so DCUO as not wrong on that one.
  19. ParadoxVanguard Well-Known Player

Water is considered the final power of this phase. So if they include Serums(Tank), Shadow(Controller), then they would have to include a new Healer power to balance it out.
  20. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Well I believe I stated that he was a full fledged member. Also even if the devs wanted to make separate gear for males and females it was foolish and it violated lore not to mentioned alienated people who wanted to be Star Sapphire males. Also I didn't say that they hated gays I stated that it might have been due to heterosexist reasons like for the fact that the armor is skimpy violet and girly and they may have done it because they thought that giving the pinkish violet gear to gamers would detract freak out the so called average male whom plays the game by seeing guys wearing a skimpy violet outfit. Either way I definitely smell some sexism or heterosexism in not having the Star Sapphire gear for both genders because they saw the gear as girly. Either way they should have had both the Star Sapphire and Manhunter gear for both genders and thus everyone would be happy.

They are not neutral they are heroic. Once the Indigo ring latches on to a villain it floods them with Compassion making them a hero. An Indigo Lantern would not be willing to do the very nasty stuff that is required of being a villain their Compassion wouldn't let them. Ditto on the Black Lanterns once that ring hits you, you become an evil zombie whose only goal is to bring universal death.